• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 Glad you like my drawing, already scribbled some drafts for two other characters. Should I post them here or email them to you if ever there would be design changes? Anyway, would it be a good idea to use my Smoke character as the boss? I already have his movement sprites down as well as some attacks, we can have him transform into his second form (A gigantic evil Head perhaps?)

Also, do you have a Smash Clsh logo that I can paste alongside the characters to make them seem more "legit"?
We do not have a Smash Clash logo. We need one though now that I think about it.

We don't really need another giant evil hand final boss. How about a six armed evil robot with massive lasers and swords? It's random, i know.
I know we aren't going to do a hand, but we are going to do something like a giant form of dioxide

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Well my laptop broke. :/ Guess all I can do is test on the game. (I've been doing that anyway but just a heads up)

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on final clashes. Or something like that... ;) *COUGH* final smashes *COUGH* We need ideas for...

Flare

Dr. Puffs (penguin)

LJM

CR45H (Ragdoll)

Mr. Randoms

Any ideas?

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Final Clash ideas:

Flare: Meteor Shower (Flare raises his arm and a beam of magical light goes into the sky. Suddenly, a shower of large flaming meteors begin falling onto the stage at a slanted angle that KO anyone who touches them)

Lord Jumpmad: Explosive Fartillery (LJM sets fire to his flatulence and it burns any opponents in front of him to death)

Randoms: Blue Screen (Randoms' head puffs up to an extraordinary size, but a blue screen of death appears on the screen just before his head explodes, but when the screen cuts back to the fight, all the opponents are KOed)

Ragdoll: Beta Buster (Ragdoll grows three times larger and his attacks have explosive force for a short while)

Puffs: Friendly Flyer (Puffs summons an eagle friend who flies across the screen in all directions extremely quickly and causes damage to anything it touches)

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ C CrossoverMan Great ideas!! I can't wait for it to actually work...dealing with some glitches with the clash cube (or whatever it is) right now. It will be given to multiple people, appear right after someone uses it, or sometimes a person never can lose it...idk why I'm having trouble with it haha.

Here's the updates I'm shooting for in the next few weeks! I've crossed out the ones I've already done :D
- Slow down walking animation
- Jump higher

- A dodge and air dodge
- 3 new characters (YES THAT MEANS ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE PROGRAMMED AND IN THE GAME!!!)
- Wavedashing (maybe)
- Drastically increased acceleration speed when the character starts running
- Characters won't be able to move/sliding while doing an attack

- Combos (maybe for some attacks)
- Jumps be less floaty
- Make fighters have weight, ie whenever they run into each other, they should stop moving forward, or at least slow down
- Shorten Penguin's landing animation

- Attack boost item
- Clash Cube
- Final attack after getting Clash Cube
- Sword
- Laser gun
- Missile
- Speed boost item
- Jump increase item
- Size increase/decrease item
- Invisibility cloak
- Metal
- Flame/freezing aura effect item
- Fix the background when you select a character
- When going into the vs tab I go to join and then click leave and it freezes
- Animation for hanging looked glitchy
- Fade black area on dungeon stage
- A.I. sometimes get stuck at the side of the stage.
- Fix how charging attacks in air causes you to float
- Fixing glitch where sometimes Mr. Puffs launches in the opposite direction from where he's facing when using his side special move (launches out like a rocket)
- Falling through stage glitch
- Fixing glitch where certain times the CPU will be stuck in a jump frame even when they are on the ground
- Improved multiplayer on the same device
- Allow to choose arrows, dpad or joystick
- Fixing how certain attacks feel "spammy"
- More game modes
- Longer timer
- Controller UI revamp
- Allows the player to assign the button position
- More stages
- A level editor to make your own levels
- Turn on and off items
- Certain things are unlockable

Edit:

Sorry clicked the post button an accident. I just wanted to say I know all of these updates may not make the 0.5 release (which is scheduled for Friday 07/11/14). If I miss some, I might never get to them as I'm trying to release this on August 1st. I start school up in mid-August so I want this game to be released and done by then. This is going to be a rushed ending, but I'm working hard to make sure that doesn't ruin the game.

Either way, this will be the best Super Smash Brothers alternative for mobile gamers :D Tell you're friends that ;)

Last edited:

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
Okay, got some ideas for the characters' Clash:
Flare: We can go with the meteor shower attack suggested by another user.

Dr. Puffs: To complement his cuteness why not have him shoot ice mists from his mouth that can encase the caught opponents into an ice lollie/popsicle. After which, he will swallow them in one swoop.

LJM: Gets down on his knees and begs for mercy a la Dr. Wily from Mega Man. A second later he smirks and brings out a detonator/device which causes an explosion whose blast radius is at least half the stage's length. anyone caught in the blast will be sent flying. LJM himself will be covered in black soot coughing up the dust.

Mr. Randoms: I have two ideas that incorporate his buck tooth: a) his tooth will fly up out of view and land as three thwomp/anvil like characters. anyone caught in the impact will be ko'd; b) The tooth will morph into a deadly full assault beam type gun that shoots out rainbows, fairies or candy. Anyone caught in the large horizontal blast will be pushed to the side of the screen being ko'd.

CR45H: I'm thinking he could act like the Mk 42 suit from Iron man 3 where each of his separated body parts will turn into bludgeoning type rockets that will home into the target one at the time until the last one crashes in causing an explosion that can also potentially damage other surrounding fighters.

Anyway, how do you plan to implement this in 4 days? do you have other spriters? I could sprite one of the character's mega Clash if you want. My midterms end tomorrow anyways.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Okay, got some ideas for the characters' Clash:
Flare: We can go with the meteor shower attack suggested by another user.

Dr. Puffs: To complement his cuteness why not have him shoot ice mists from his mouth that can encase the caught opponents into an ice lollie/popsicle. After which, he will swallow them in one swoop.

LJM: Gets down on his knees and begs for mercy a la Dr. Wily from Mega Man. A second later he smirks and brings out a detonator/device which causes an explosion whose blast radius is at least half the stage's length. anyone caught in the blast will be sent flying. LJM himself will be covered in black soot coughing up the dust.

Mr. Randoms: I have two ideas that incorporate his buck tooth: a) his tooth will fly up out of view and land as three thwomp/anvil like characters. anyone caught in the impact will be ko'd; b) The tooth will morph into a deadly full assault beam type gun that shoots out rainbows, fairies or candy. Anyone caught in the large horizontal blast will be pushed to the side of the screen being ko'd.

CR45H: I'm thinking he could act like the Mk 42 suit from Iron man 3 where each of his separated body parts will turn into bludgeoning type rockets that will home into the target one at the time until the last one crashes in causing an explosion that can also potentially damage other surrounding fighters.

Anyway, how do you plan to implement this in 4 days? do you have other spriters? I could sprite one of the character's mega Clash if you want. My midterms end tomorrow anyways.
Great ideas! Do you think you could sprite the final smash for LJM?

Sorry I wasn't very clear, but I meant the clash cube or whatever would be finished in the next 3 days...not the final attacks. Does that make sense?

@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms Do you think you could start working on Mr. Random's final?

The final for Flare, penguin, and CR45H will have to use existing sprites

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I kinda prefer Mr.Puffs or the name I threw Frosty the Penguin. I like Pablo though.
Also the game 0.5 is going to be released in a 7/11? I love their Slurpees *Bum dum tiss* What? No? Ok...

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
I like the final clash ideas, and i'll probably do the first one @ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo suggested, since it somewhat relates to something Mr.Randoms can do in that manner.

@ jdawg99 jdawg99 That's a good name, but if the penguin is really a doctor, then Dr.Puff should stay ;3

Also, i'll work on his final soon!

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 sure, I'll get on to LJM's final, but do you preffer if I were to go with @ C CrossoverMan 's idea or the one I suggested and when do you need the sprites? As for the remaining vector art for LJM and CR45H, Expect them this weekend.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Why not give Randoms a multiple choice final smash? He could fly off the screen before doing the attack animation and you can choose which nutty final smash he can perform.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Why not give Randoms a multiple choice final smash? He could fly off the screen before doing the attack animation and you can choose which nutty final smash he can perform.
I don't have the time to program all that :/

@ jdawg99 jdawg99 sure, I'll get on to LJM's final, but do you preffer if I were to go with @ C CrossoverMan 's idea or the one I suggested and when do you need the sprites? As for the remaining vector art for LJM and CR45H, Expect them this weekend.
You can choose haha. They are about the same.

I'm going to update to 0.5 tomorrow. This is full speed ahead guys :D Beta testers will not be able to play as new characters, but they may fight them (you may only be able to play as them in the full version).

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm going to update to 0.5 tomorrow. This is full speed ahead guys :D Beta testers will not be able to play as new characters, but they may fight them (you may only be able to play as them in the full version).
That actually wouldn't be a bad idea to do for the lite version of the game. That is if there is a price for the final release?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I like the general look of this, and I like Dr. Puffs/ whatever name you decide on for him.

Will there be voice acting in later versions?

And, the most important question: there's no microtransactions, is there? I wouldn't mind paying for DLC characters added later, but I don't want any "bribing your way to victory" types of things.

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I like the general look of this, and I like Dr. Puffs/ whatever name you decide on for him.

Will there be voice acting in later versions?

And, the most important question: there's no microtransactions, is there? I wouldn't mind paying for DLC characters added later, but I don't want any "bribing your way to victory" types of things.
There is voice acting for the announcer currently...character voices might have to be in an update.

No microtransactions (besides a donate button, because you know, college costs money).

There will be a free version and a paid version which will cost $2.99. You start with 1 character and by playing the game you end up unlocking all five :D

Bribing to victory ruins games...so heck no xD

Hope this answers your questions :)

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the delay, but it's getting closer to moving day, and the work and packing has been getting more and more longer, and also work D: But thankfully, I finished Mr.Randoms final clash!

To explain his final clash, Mr.Randoms turns upside down and his cheese magnet shoes grow, which attracts the moon and makes it land on his shoes (cause some people believe the moon is made out of cheese). After it makes impact with his shoes, it could shrink down and fall, and turn into a mini moon, which could heal Mr.Randoms if it falls on him, or if someone gets in the way, they could steal the heal!

Here's the full rotation of Mr.Randoms (he does the hand stand animations, then switches back to the rotation)

Here's Mr.Randoms animation while he's attracting the moon with his cheese magnet shoes.

This cheese signal could appear above Mr.Randoms cheese shoes while he's doing the animation above

Here's the Moon when it makes contact with the cheese shoes (while it's falling, it's just the first sprite. The last sprite is what'll heal the player when they touch it)

And this will be Mr.Randoms when the Moon shrinks down into the smaller moon, while it's transforming, he can't move, but can after it fully turns into the small moon and starts to fall.

I also made a size comparison with some of the other characters.

And that's Mr.Randoms final clash, just something random. If there's anything you want me to change, then let me know. Sorry this took longer then excepted again D: I'm also ready to voice Mr.Randoms, and maybe some others, when possible (gotta need a good mic or program)

Also, my sister is interested in making a character for the game, and was wondering if he'll be acceptable later in an update for the game?

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but it's also very random, which fits Mr.Randoms perfectly! :laugh:

Also, does anybody know what happened to the attach a file button, cause I can't seem to find it now.
Haha nicely done. It's the upload a file button now

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
Alright, I too am also sorry for the delay. Here is LJM's attack. First off, he will drop down on his knees and beg for mercy:

Then he will smirk and press his detonator...

Which will summon a volley of Rocket Maddroid Minions accross the screen(Which can be dodged):

The last one will always hit LJM and cause an explosion:

And after which, he will be coughing up soot just for comedic purposes:

Just tell me what you think about this attack and if you have any questions, just ask away. Also, I've been doodling up some potential fighter designs for future updates or a possible sequel. Once I'm finished spriting the other guy, I will show you guys.

@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms you're final attack seems alright but one thing about the shoes could use improvement. Either make the shoes Cheese shaped (the triangular cuts) if you are going for a cheese approach or how about turning his lower body into a U-shaped Magnet? I mean, cheese shaped shoes with magnet soles sounds creative but at pixel form, I'm not sure most players will be able to see what it is. Also, what do you think about adding craters to your moon? You could just add smaller circler of a darker shade of gray and it will be fine.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Alright, I too am also sorry for the delay. Here is LJM's attack. First off, he will drop down on his knees and beg for mercy:

Then he will smirk and press his detonator...

Which will summon a volley of Rocket Maddroid Minions accross the screen(Which can be dodged):

The last one will always hit LJM and cause an explosion:

And after which, he will be coughing up soot just for comedic purposes:

Just tell me what you think about this attack and if you have any questions, just ask away. Also, I've been doodling up some potential fighter designs for future updates or a possible sequel. Once I'm finished spriting the other guy, I will show you guys.

@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms you're final attack seems alright but one thing about the shoes could use improvement. Either make the shoes Cheese shaped (the triangular cuts) if you are going for a cheese approach or how about turning his lower body into a U-shaped Magnet? I mean, cheese shaped shoes with magnet soles sounds creative but at pixel form, I'm not sure most players will be able to see what it is. Also, what do you think about adding craters to your moon? You could just add smaller circler of a darker shade of gray and it will be fine.
I like that attack, even if mainly because it reminds me of Mercernary Tao's ultimate blast from the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi games. I feel like the opponent should react to the "begging for mercy" thing somehow, though, like maybe being forced to taunt in victory if standing within a certain range in front of him.

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
I tried finding the upload button, but it appears to be gone (I found it the last time, but can't find it now), and dragging the folder here just tells me "uploads are not available", so if there's another way to submit sprites, then let me know.

@ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo About the cheese magnet shoes, I made him with his lower body a magnet, but to those I showed it to, they said that they preferred him with the shoes then the lower part of his body a magnet, and they also said that they understood why the moon was falling towards his shoes (even if they didn't understand how that's even possible). I also added some craters to the moon, how does it look? Tried adding a bit of layer to the hole, to make them seem deeper.

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, also here's the stance for my sisters character. His name is Ziggurat, he's a species known as a Parchaeater that lives on Venus. The Parchaeater's favorite foods are passion fruits, which could be in one of his attacks. Of all of them (and her other characters), she's picked Zigg's here, because he's the one that's known to have fighting abilities (because he's trained in the guards).

She's also sent over some alternative colors for Zigg (That is, if alternative colors are gonna be added in later, via an update)

Lastly, here's a size comparison of Zigg's. He's a little shorter then the rest, but that's because their species are kinda short.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Dude, the game's coming out on Tuesday. You should probably start spriting him now if you want that character in.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I tried finding the upload button, but it appears to be gone (I found it the last time, but can't find it now), and dragging the folder here just tells me "uploads are not available", so if there's another way to submit sprites, then let me know.

@ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo About the cheese magnet shoes, I made him with his lower body a magnet, but to those I showed it to, they said that they preferred him with the shoes then the lower part of his body a magnet, and they also said that they understood why the moon was falling towards his shoes (even if they didn't understand how that's even possible). I also added some craters to the moon, how does it look? Tried adding a bit of layer to the hole, to make them seem deeper.
I'd edit the three big ones on his face or move them somewhere else. They look more like pimples or manholes than craters as it stands right now.

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms Maybe the craters shouldn't have black outlines around them, it doesn't look right. Also about your PNG files, if you have a Google Docs or a Dropbox account, you can just send your files to @ jdawg99 jdawg99 's account. That's what I do.

@ C CrossoverMan Sheldon's character is for a post release update, jdawg99 already said that he'll be releasing the game with 5 characters. Adding an extra character will be too much work for both guys in less than a week.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms Great character. I can't wait to see him when he's finished.

@ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo You're right I can barely finish this game in time already.

About the master hand replacement, this isn't going to be one...we don't have time. The final stage you will fight 1's and 0's, which is a bunch of characters with a 0's and 1's texture.

This sound okay? Or am I rushing too much?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms Great character. I can't wait to see him when he's finished.

@ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo You're right I can barely finish this game in time already.

About the master hand replacement, this isn't going to be one...we don't have time. The final stage you will fight 1's and 0's, which is a bunch of characters with a 0's and 1's texture.

So that's the Multi-Man team for here?

They're okay, but I'd try to think of a better name for them.

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 Sounds interesting, although I would like to see what you've done so far. Also, I sent my PNG files in dropbox to your Gmail account so hopefully you've got it by then. Anyways, I'll be working on Dioxin's specials just to finish the guy.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626

I guess its okay but would there be the master hand replacement in the future updates?

Also stupid question, but when the game releases, should it still be called a beta?

Top Bottom