• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
And here I was thinking you would just turn the pipes red or something. This game has come so far!

Are there obstacles on the stage like on Flappy Bird?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
All aboard the hype train! (Smash Clash is now around 400's in Indie DB). I must say, I really like some of the new changes I've seen in the screen shots, especially the character select!
Edit: Will Cr-45h get a new look in one of the updates? I noticed the artwork of him is different from the actual Cr-45h in game. I noticed he has yellow eyes, head is different, same goes with hands and feet. But he looks much cooler than the Cr-45h in game.
Edit2: May I ask what the bug was that apparently delayed the game from having a midnight release? (Saw your twitter)

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
And here I was thinking you would just turn the pipes red or something. This game has come so far!

Are there obstacles on the stage like on Flappy Bird?
There are pipes you have to dodge

All aboard the hype train! (Smash Clash is now around 400's in Indie DB). I must say, I really like some of the new changes I've seen in the screen shots, especially the character select!
Edit: Will Cr-45h get a new look in one of the updates? I noticed the artwork of him is different from the actual Cr-45h in game. I noticed he has yellow eyes, head is different, same goes with hands and feet. But he looks much cooler than the Cr-45h in game.
Edit2: May I ask what the bug was that apparently delayed the game from having a midnight release? (Saw your twitter)
I think an update for CR45H would be great. We need a spriter to take than on though.

My brother was messing with it and found I still had all the levels at 3 or 2 stars by default before you actually play them. Ironically, I had done this for the trailer haha. Good thing he caught it xD

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Rate 5 stars everyone! We need this to get top charts :D I really want to have enough user base to make online in the future :)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'll download this...when I go to a store and get me a gift card. (Who knows when I'll go to a store). I'll tell my friends whenever I get the chance to see them. :)
Edit: I noticed Dr. Puffs name is Pablo in the stats from your screenshot in Google Play.

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I'll download this...when I go to a store and get me a gift card. (Who knows when I'll go to a store). I'll tell my friends whenever I get the chance to see them. :)
Edit: I noticed Dr. Puffs name is Pablo in the stats from your screenshot in Google Play.
Awesome man. Nice catch too. I'll fix that

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 You'll really give me a promo code? Thanks man :D Speaking of which, do you plan to supply codes at twitter or fb for promotion purposes? It will really help spread the word from what I've seen.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 You'll really give me a promo code? Thanks man :D Speaking of which, do you plan to supply codes at twitter or fb for promotion purposes? It will really help spread the word from what I've seen.
I heard something at the official trailer video that google can't give out promo codes. At least that is what he said in the comments.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Just went to a store and got me a 10$ gift card. I just redeemed the code and now downloading the game! My thumbs are ready! :D

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Hello Joe,
I'm a reviewer and I took interest in your new game, I just came by to say that I will be reviewing Super Smash Clash within the near future, once the review is done I will send you the link, other then that if you have any information, hints, screenshots, etc for me then I will gladly appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Undead_terror

Since I cannot post links without having 10 random posts then you can find mine and others reviews at Eshop gurus (Nintendo eshop games) and Droid gurus (Android games but the site hasn't been used in a while but that will change soon), just google those names and then you should find them!

Last edited:

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
Hmm, well I guess I'll have to find a way to make Google store gift cards work in my country (which isn't supported) that or, I have to apply for a credit card. Anyway, I'm working on Dioxin's attack, will finish up one move when I get back after meeting a client. I will also try to get some OC fighter concept sketches down, I've seen some people ask for a sonic clone since Flare is a mario "clone".

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Well I just found four big bugs:
-AI can get stuck under stages.
-If you keep getting attacked you can get stuck in a position that you can't get out of and keep getting damaged from nothing.
-Some random attacks can kill you instantly sometimes even if they are weak attacks.
-Sometimes the controls will freeze leaving your enemy have a chance to hit.

And some heads up:
-It is almost impossible to defeat a enemy in the flappy bird stage.
-The game feels a bit slippery at times of when fighting.

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Beaten classic on hard mode, it was hard indeed but what got me the most was that bug I mentioned earlier about getting stuck in a position and you keep getting damage from nothing forever until you fly off.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'll admit. Hard on classic is really hard when I was fighting team Cr-45h. I liked the challenge though, haven't had a hard time in any smash (real or fan games) in a long time. I haven't experienced those bugs in my play through of hard mode but I know it's there. I'm glad how my missile turned out though. Speaking of missiles, I got on my laptop that was broken and now works...but I have to use a new keyboard because my laptop keyboard had a shortage. But expect a sprite sheet maybe tomorrow of my item idea, bouncer.

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
I'll admit. Hard on classic is really hard when I was fighting team Cr-45h. I liked the challenge though, haven't had a hard time in any smash (real or fan games) in a long time. I haven't experienced those bugs in my play through of hard mode but I know it's there. I'm glad how my missile turned out though. Speaking of missiles, I got on my laptop that was broken and now works...but I have to use a new keyboard because my laptop keyboard had a shortage. But expect a sprite sheet maybe tomorrow of my item idea, bouncer.
Did you ever play Super Smash land? trying to get Mario's second stage is really hard from what I remember, such a accomplishment after you unlock it.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Did you ever play Super Smash land? trying to get Mario's second stage is really hard from what I remember, such a accomplishment after you unlock it.
I definitely remember playing Super Smash land. I just don't remember how to unlock stuff since it's been so long. xD

Last edited:

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
I am now able to play the game with my wii classic controller, it is somewhat better to control but the game does need a little more polish and balancing in my opinion.

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
@ Undead_terror Undead_terror Jello :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Today I work, I told people about Smash Clash, and got some of them to check out the app (though only some only had iOS devices). I'm also gonna make a flyer, telling people that see it about the game. I'll post it on the bulletin board at work, and a couple of other places. I got two of my sisters to download the game on their tablets. My sister's nook ran the game better, with better framerate and was less glitchy, while on my other sister's (the one who's working on Ziggurat sprites) tablet (Sony Tablet S), it ran slower in the gameplay part (30fps compared to 60fps) and was glitchier (screen kept flashing a couple of times when choosing a character). I played with all the characters, and Mr.Randoms was my fav out of all of them (and not cause I created him :awesome:). Though to unlock him required to play the local wifi, which i'm not sure everybody can do, which means not everybody can unlock him (Until online mode is made available). Perhaps in a future update, you could make another way to unlocking Mr.Randoms, like playing 50 match's or something along those lines. Also, in the flappy stage, it's difficult for Mr.Randoms to get on the highest pipe by himself, and just can't reach the top. It's easier when he's on a pipe already, but at the first one and when he falls inbetween two tallest ones, he can't get out. and with Crash, if you use his up special diagonally, then he can just go through the pipes like it was nothing. Liking the game so far, and can't wait for more!

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I read all of your posts guys and in really excited. A very successful first day :D we promoted via social media and word of mouth, and almost 99% of apps which have no advertising do not do this well. Simply amazing!

I'm at the beach until tomorrow so I'll be able to actually type a response to you guys then (I'm on my phone).

Here's some stats
- 12 reviews, all 5 stars
- the amount of downloads isn't processed yet, but we will know later this week I'm sure. I'm guessing more than 12 haha (I'm betting on 20)

I've figured out a solution to the "black screen glitch" and will implement it Tuesday night

The glitches listed above will be fixed along with the black screen glitch

I'm almost finished being enrolling in the apple Dev program :D so once we perfect it on android, we have a bigger release for iOS!

I'm figuring out ways for multiplayer too

Joe.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
That's good to hear. :)
I finished the Bouncer Item sprite sheet with my laptop that was supposed to be dead by now.
Smash_Clash_Bouncer_Sheet.png
If you see any white edges, you can erase them. I've tried it in GIMP and I tried to get all the white area I could see.
So let me walk you through with this. The top left is the first sprite, this is when you can pick it up and throw it. When you throw it, it goes for about a couple feet then when it touches the ground, the sprite will start to crack (Top right sprite) and it bounces straight up several feet in the air. It will fall back down and touch the platform it will break (Bottom sprite) and will bounce only about a foot in the air and explodes mid-air.

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms Jell0, are you feeling swell today?
But like what Sheldon said, I cannot unlock Mr.Randoms because of this local multiplayer issue (and having a bit of a problem trying to unlock Crash), there are many other ways to unlock him (I told Sheldon why not 50 matchs) but you can also make him feel more special by you having to complete classic with all other characters or doing all event matchs.....but that might be a little hard to do so....

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Also sometimes when you are Flare you can punch the enemy into the ground, some times the AI gets stuck into the ground themselves!

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Am I the only one having trouble with the 12th event match on any character? I'm assuming the 12th event match for every character is the same fighting your shadow. I just don't have any strategies against the shadow. I also have to agree with unlocking characters, there should be more than 1 way for some characters especially Mr.Randoms. I can't play the game on my tablet and just win because my tablet has a virus on it and won't let me download anything until I do something about it. I think Brawl had 3 ways to unlock characters. All of the characters in Brawl could be unlocked in adventure mode and Brawl mode (But takes awhile for some) and then some on other single player modes. So having at least Mr. Randoms unlocked in another way would be helpful.

But I'm just stuck with 3 characters so far. I don't know how to unlock CR45H. It says unlock him by 15 matches and then play free play, but I'm not sure what 15 matches. It can't be 15 event matches because I already got 25 done, Playing matches in classic can't be it either, so I'm assuming I have to fight CR45H about 15 times on any mode except free play, then go to free play.

It's a great game but I just feel confused with unlocking CR45H. Also, did anyone noticed you can touch the Smash Clash logo in the menu and the logo backs up? If you touch the logo again while it is backed up, it will back up even further and you will play a random 4 player match with 1 stock? Also if you swipe the clouds in the menu fast, you will play a random 3 player match with 1 stock?

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Hello Joe,
I'm a reviewer and I took interest in your new game, I just came by to say that I will be reviewing Super Smash Clash within the near future, once the review is done I will send you the link, other then that if you have any information, hints, screenshots, etc for me then I will gladly appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Undead_terror

Since I cannot post links without having 10 random posts then you can find mine and others reviews at Eshop gurus (Nintendo eshop games) and Droid gurus (Android games but the site hasn't been used in a while but that will change soon), just google those names and then you should find them!
I can't wait for the review. Here's the press release if this helps :) http://smashclashapp.com/SmashClashPressRelease.pdf
As you can see, there's a lot happening with the development of this game, so there should be lots to learn in this thread to talk about in the review :)

Hmm, well I guess I'll have to find a way to make Google store gift cards work in my country (which isn't supported) that or, I have to apply for a credit card. Anyway, I'm working on Dioxin's attack, will finish up one move when I get back after meeting a client. I will also try to get some OC fighter concept sketches down, I've seen some people ask for a sonic clone since Flare is a mario "clone".
Dioxin could work as a sonic clone if you haven't sprited any attack...would that work you think? Just an idea.

I am now able to play the game with my wii classic controller, it is somewhat better to control but the game does need a little more polish and balancing in my opinion.
How did you get that to work???? I want to try haha

I'm fixing the following which should be present in an update today...
- Black screen glitch
- "If you keep getting attacked you can get stuck in a position that you can't get out of and keep getting damaged from nothing" glitch. It's going to be a quick fix for now because I can't find the source of the problem
- I noticed myself that event matches display your "stars" from your previous load in the game. Luckily, it is saving it, just not displaying it. So your stars will appear again after the update

Some glitches are too complex and there are other priorities right now. I'll get to them eventually :)

Flappy bird stage isn't too hard actually (well for me at least). Either kill the enemies before the pipes come, knock them off the top, or just continue to stop them from getting over a pipe and wait for the left boundary to kill them. It is hard I admit, but the game is nowhere near meant to be easy.

I'm adding true only mode soon :) So it will be easier to unlock Mr. Randoms. I'm also going to make it so you can unlock him by completing 50 event matches ;)

To get over the tall pipes with Mr. Randoms charge up your up special so you go higher.

Advice for shadow levels...ummm, don't get hit? They are really hard. Idk what I was thinking but I've managed to beat 2 of them.

To unlock CR45H just win a round in freeplay. That should do it as long as you've play 15 rounds in anything else.

@ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming Are you going to join? :) You could have your character in the game ;)

Day 1 stats are amazing!
- rating avg 5 stars
- 23 downloads
- 12 reviews

This is all with NO ADVERTISING which is mind blowing. I want to advertise once enough money is generated, as well...I'm broke.

I think that answers most questions. Now to fix those glitches :D

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I can't wait for the review. Here's the press release if this helps :) http://smashclashapp.com/SmashClashPressRelease.pdf
As you can see, there's a lot happening with the development of this game, so there should be lots to learn in this thread to talk about in the review :)

Dioxin could work as a sonic clone if you haven't sprited any attack...would that work you think? Just an idea.

How did you get that to work???? I want to try haha

I'm fixing the following which should be present in an update today...
- Black screen glitch
- "If you keep getting attacked you can get stuck in a position that you can't get out of and keep getting damaged from nothing" glitch. It's going to be a quick fix for now because I can't find the source of the problem
- I noticed myself that event matches display your "stars" from your previous load in the game. Luckily, it is saving it, just not displaying it. So your stars will appear again after the update

Some glitches are too complex and there are other priorities right now. I'll get to them eventually :)

Flappy bird stage isn't too hard actually (well for me at least). Either kill the enemies before the pipes come, knock them off the top, or just continue to stop them from getting over a pipe and wait for the left boundary to kill them. It is hard I admit, but the game is nowhere near meant to be easy.

I'm adding true only mode soon :) So it will be easier to unlock Mr. Randoms. I'm also going to make it so you can unlock him by completing 50 event matches ;)

To get over the tall pipes with Mr. Randoms charge up your up special so you go higher.

Advice for shadow levels...ummm, don't get hit? They are really hard. Idk what I was thinking but I've managed to beat 2 of them.

To unlock CR45H just win a round in freeplay. That should do it as long as you've play 15 rounds in anything else.

@ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming Are you going to join? :) You could have your character in the game ;)

Day 1 stats are amazing!
- rating avg 5 stars
- 23 downloads
- 12 reviews

This is all with NO ADVERTISING which is mind blowing. I want to advertise once enough money is generated, as well...I'm broke.

I think that answers most questions. Now to fix those glitches :D
If you'll have me, I'll join.

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
@ jdawg99 jdawg99
I keep playing matchs but cannot unlock CR45H, but as for the classic controller I will make a tutorial later once I get the time, but did you get our idea from hotmail? it probably won't happen but if there is a small chance then it should be taken!

Also we will do the review once you feel the game is ready to be reviewed, there is much more to be added and fixed so we understand.

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Again, not a spriter. I design stage concepts and do balancing, so there's not much I can show... you could ask my buds @APC99 and @Mega Bidoof about my balancing skills.
I'm sorry I completely forgot O.o Yeah you can help with balancing. Have you downloaded the game?

@ jdawg99 jdawg99
I keep playing matchs but cannot unlock CR45H, but as for the classic controller I will make a tutorial later once I get the time, but did you get our idea from hotmail? it probably won't happen but if there is a small chance then it should be taken!

Also we will do the review once you feel the game is ready to be reviewed, there is much more to be added and fixed so we understand.
Play a match in freeplay.

Hotmail?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm sorry I completely forgot O.o Yeah you can help with balancing. Have you downloaded the game?

Play a match in freeplay.

Hotmail?
Don't have an Android. If I can play it on a computer or Ipod I would. Under technicality, one wouldn't need to play it so much as to see videos and writings regarding it.

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Alright everyone here is a tutorial on how to use a wiimote/nunchuck/classic controller to play Super Smash Clash, now before I go in details this only works in gameplay, you must touch the touch screen still to use the menu's and I'm not sure if you can pause/change camera angles with buttons, this is not on IOS devices just Android from what I know.

So first off you need to go to the play store, search wiimote controller and then download the first app, it should be free and have almost a 5 star rating (picture is a single wiimote)

Once done downloading you must turn on your bluetooth, go into the app and press "Init and connect" here you must press the red sync button the first time to sync the wiimote to your device, then from now on when you need to sync the device you just click that button and hold the 1 & 2 buttons.

Then go to "Select WiicontollerIME" and select Wiicontroller, note that you cannot use your digital keyboard unless you go back to Samsung keyboard.

Then go to "Set up input methods", click on the gear next to "WiiControllerIME", go to "key mapping options", then go to 1st controller mappings.

From then on you can select what buttons do what! let's do the classic controller:

Up=D-pad up
down=D-pad down
left=D-pad left
right=D-rpad right

You can use those on whatever buttons but what I did was put it on my D-pad and left stick (left stick options down below)

Now let's get into attacks! I will make it feel brawlish control wise.

Normal attacks would be "W" specials are "Q" and jump would be "E"

A button=W
B button=Q
X & Y buttons=E

Then you can save this layout at the top by clicking "Save as profile" you must name it so select Samsung Keyboard again to type and then wiicontroller to use your wiimote again!

So in the smash clash options you can go into the settings and turn off the virtual D-pad and buttons, you will be able to use the controller but not the attacks on touch screen, if not then you can leave on the virtual D-pad and buttons.

If anyone has questions then simply ask!

Top Bottom