• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
I should also mention that Smash Clash is now in google plays Top new paid list of games!

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
@ Undead_terror Undead_terror I'm doing swell on this swelltastic day. And I should try out that wiimote/nunchuck/classic controller sooner or later (hopefully, it'll work on my sisters Nook, and my other sisters (Ziggurat's creator) Sony Tablet S.

@ jdawg99 jdawg99 I charged up his up special, and it worked!! :awesome: Now he goes extra higher:bluejump:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Alright everyone here is a tutorial on how to use a wiimote/nunchuck/classic controller to play Super Smash Clash, now before I go in details this only works in gameplay, you must touch the touch screen still to use the menu's and I'm not sure if you can pause/change camera angles with buttons, this is not on IOS devices just Android from what I know.

So first off you need to go to the play store, search wiimote controller and then download the first app, it should be free and have almost a 5 star rating (picture is a single wiimote)

Once done downloading you must turn on your bluetooth, go into the app and press "Init and connect" here you must press the red sync button the first time to sync the wiimote to your device, then from now on when you need to sync the device you just click that button and hold the 1 & 2 buttons.

Then go to "Select WiicontollerIME" and select Wiicontroller, note that you cannot use your digital keyboard unless you go back to Samsung keyboard.

Then go to "Set up input methods", click on the gear next to "WiiControllerIME", go to "key mapping options", then go to 1st controller mappings.

From then on you can select what buttons do what! let's do the classic controller:

Up=D-pad up
down=D-pad down
left=D-pad left
right=D-rpad right

You can use those on whatever buttons but what I did was put it on my D-pad and left stick (left stick options down below)

Now let's get into attacks! I will make it feel brawlish control wise.

Normal attacks would be "W" specials are "Q" and jump would be "E"

A button=W
B button=Q
X & Y buttons=E

Then you can save this layout at the top by clicking "Save as profile" you must name it so select Samsung Keyboard again to type and then wiicontroller to use your wiimote again!

So in the smash clash options you can go into the settings and turn off the virtual D-pad and buttons, you will be able to use the controller but not the attacks on touch screen, if not then you can leave on the virtual D-pad and buttons.

If anyone has questions then simply ask!
That's sick! About to try it! I should make it possible for multiplayer on one device using this method :D

@ jdawg99 jdawg99 I keep trying that but nothing seems to work, also yes I sent you a email!
Go to your stats screen (it's the bars on the main menu) and click the right arrow. If you've played more than 15 matches, then goto freeplay and win or lose a round. You should unlock CR45H then.

I didn't get the email. Did you send it to impactgamesstudio@gmail.com ?

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I freaking hate Google Play. It's glitching even worse now

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
@ jdawg99 jdawg99
Luckily I know my one of my review partners etc hotmail, I will send you the message he sent to you!

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Ah....downloaded the new update...game won't start....

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Ah....downloaded the new update...game won't start....
I fixed it. It's my first time publishing an app so I'm learning. Sorry about that. Now I'm pushing yet ANOTHER update to fix a tutorial level glitch :/ After this one it should be all good :)

Publishing an app is probably the most stressful thing I've ever done. Especially when you find out your on top charts and it breaks. O.o

So now it's up, what should I include in the first non-bug-fixing update? :D

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
I somewhat freaked out when I had to do the tutorial again but all my stuff was still there, but I got 160 battles done and many free play battles were played so may unlocking CR45H is just glitching for me.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
:/ I'll try to fix that. I forgot to make it so it checks to see if you finished the tutorial in this version. I'l fix it soon.

The free version is also on its way.

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Well me and Sheldon thought of having character bios, but what about more character colors? also maybe have some locked character colors like fully gold Flare/Dr Puff/CR45H/LJM/Mr.Randoms, maybe you can unlock fully gold for a character by beating a characters event matchs and beating classic on hard with them, also maybe later we can start a storyline!

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 How about character bios for the first non-bug-fixing update?
I like that! Want to write them up?

Well me and Sheldon thought of having character bios, but what about more character colors? also maybe have some locked character colors like fully gold Flare/Dr Puff/CR45H/LJM/Mr.Randoms, maybe you can unlock fully gold for a character by beating a characters event matchs and beating classic on hard with them, also maybe later we can start a storyline!
I can do the colors after I finish the free version :) A story mode would be awesome. Any ideas how to tie in all the characters?

Here's a QR Code btw if you guys want to use it
super_smash_clash_qr_code.png

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 Maybe we can tie in something with the 1's and 0's, how about a scientist or something is wanting power of strong fighters, each of our hero's and villains are transported into a tournament for a grand prize, however it's all a lie so the evil thing can steal their moves and techniques, while the thing is getting stronger, it also makes minions/clones of our fighters to rule over all worlds, then our fighters must stop this threat.

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Sure thing. I'll probably say that Dr.Puffs is an actual doctor, that would be kool indeed! :laugh: But how long would they have to be though?
About a tweet long? Or two tweet? xD

@ jdawg99 jdawg99 Maybe we can tie in something with the 1's and 0's, how about a scientist or something is wanting power of strong fighters, each of our hero's and villains are transported into a tournament for a grand prize, however it's all a lie so the evil thing can steal their moves and techniques, while the thing is getting stronger, it also makes minions/clones of our fighters to rule over all worlds, then our fighters must stop this threat.
Hmmm an interesting proposition. I think if we had something like this which eventually lead to an epic final boss it would be awesome.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I was actually thinking of bios when the game first launched in google play, glad someone else had the same idea. Maybe you can also add in the bouncer item. :p

You know what I probably got a list of stuff.
-Character Bios
-Bouncer item
-Settings for free play (like time, stock, item select and how often they spawn, ect...)
-Team free play option
-Difficulty icons (Sort of like how brawl had the little icon from each difficulty. It doesn't change anything, just might make it more interesting than having it just saying "insert difficulty" mode)
-Special mode

Of course you can't do all of these at once but it's just suggestions.

The story mode idea seems interesting but the problem I can only think of is how will future update characters be involved if the story is focused on all characters. 1 story about a certain character you chose could be a solution but it probably wouldn't be entertaining as 1 big whole story about all characters. I mean, if you look at street fighter 4 and playstation all star battle royal, the story for each character are not exciting as something like brawl's story where it involved all characters eventually have to work together in the end to save the world.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Btw, I'm posting on a bunch of forums about this. Keep working on spreading this by word of mouth (do NOT spam though). I just purchased $10 of highly specific Facebook ads using the money made from the app. I'm going to see how much those ads help.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking of bios when the game first launched in google play, glad someone else had the same idea. Maybe you can also add in the bouncer item. :p

You know what I probably got a list of stuff.
-Character Bios
-Bouncer item
-Settings for free play (like time, stock, item select and how often they spawn, ect...)
-Team free play option
-Difficulty icons (Sort of like how brawl had the little icon from each difficulty. It doesn't change anything, just might make it more interesting than having it just saying "insert difficulty" mode)
-Special mode

Of course you can't do all of these at once but it's just suggestions.

The story mode idea seems interesting but the problem I can only think of is how will future update characters be involved if the story is focused on all characters. 1 story about a certain character you chose could be a solution but it probably wouldn't be entertaining as 1 big whole story about all characters. I mean, if you look at street fighter 4 and playstation all star battle royal, the story for each character are not exciting as something like brawl's story where it involved all characters eventually have to work together in the end to save the world.
Well a big problem is we are constantly going to be adding characters.

I want to focus on this for 1.1.5 (1.1 update was for all the bugs xD)
- Character Bios
- Bouncer item
- Up to 4 player on one device support (either through bluetooth controllers or on-screen buttons on tablets)

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Also me and Sheldon came up with that what if Flare had a brother (his name Chill or Glare) and both were the sons of a great king (this king probably buff and can control Earth elements), Flare is next in line for the throne but Chill gets jealous and ditch's them. CR45H could be a failed experiment of the evil scientist and wants to show he is good or gets back at the guy for throwing him out, also I want to see what the real Lord Jump Mad wants his story to be.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I was just playing classic mode and I found another bug. Has anyone else played classic mode? I beat the first stage and it put me to stage 2 without the VS screen. Once I beat stage 2, it shows the VS screen and stays there until I leave the game.

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I like that. So characters are...

Flare
- Heir to throne

Flare's evil bro
- Jealous and runs away (then tries to kill Flare?)

Evil Mad Scientist
- creates CR45H

CR45H
- failed robot experiment
- can't find where he belongs

Lord Jump Mad
- Comes from the sky?

Mr. Randoms
- Well he lives in random-ville?

Haha I'm just trying to see what we have to work with xD

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I was just playing classic mode and I found another bug. Has anyone else played classic mode? I beat the first stage and it put me to stage 2 without the VS screen. Once I beat stage 2, it shows the VS screen and stays there until I leave the game.
I need some more details. What exactly happened before the glitch? What happened during stage 1? etc.

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Well actually Sheldon just thought that LJM wants to expand his mad army (which he does not have) but asks the scientist for minons...but it comes at a price. (This actually makes sense since we know the real guy haha)

I know if I was in the game I would just come in and try to get strong prey to show off that I am king of the undead!...I really am tho >: P

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I need some more details. What exactly happened before the glitch? What happened during stage 1? etc.
It was normal until I beat the first stage, it skips the screen on who you are about to fight (This case team Mr.Randoms) and just starts the fight. Once you beat it, the screen comes back but shows stage 2 (team Randoms) and just stays there.

Last edited:

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
I also know something we can do to make CR45H more unique! how about he has a nuclear reactor, his special abilities start off weak but he can charge his reactor to make them stronger, once he reach's max capacity he can unless a powerful move, but it will get rid of all his charge, if you seen Fulgore from the new Killer Instinct then you know what I am talking about!

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
For character backgrounds, I was thinking it would be better to have these characters come from separate worlds with their own backstories and lore. They would meet by chance because of some entity (maybe the final boss?) creates portals that would drag them into different worlds to fight for his amusement.

Anyway, I did one attack for Dioxin where he does a surrounding attack to push back other opponents. If this is done in air, he will stay put until the attack is done. What do you think?

I also sketched up a few OC's of my own that could be used for either Playable fighters or assist characters:

From left:
Box Bandit
-
Wields a cardboard sword and wears a roll of duct tape behind his back
- Sword user that can play like Link
- Normal attacks are used for sword play
- Specials are used for crafted items stored in his box mask

Zilla/Lizza Man
- Man in a dino suit that likes to act like a certain Kaiju
- Combination of Bowser and Yoshi
- One of his attacks consists of chucking miniature buildings and cars at the opponent

Riddy Go
- A critter with some futuristic gear built for speed
- Sonic type character
- Uses speed and electric based attacks
- Her hoverboard can be used.
- Name is a pun for "Ready"

I also still have my other proposed characters pages back, who do you think we should sprite after my current character is finished?

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
@ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo well characters from different worlds getting sucked into one world was what I was thinking as well, also nice characters.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
But I do say it would be nice to have variety, while we got animal people and silly characters, we should also see about some serious characters, I'm no way at all saying nothing bad to anyone but right now the only serious character we got right now is Flare, we should see about making a Solid Snake like character or something on the lines like that, also we need some more female characters.

Last edited:

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
@ Undead_terror Undead_terror I would say that my current character (the smoky guy) does fit the serious character bill. I'm also not that bothered if the "silly" outnumber the "serious". Don't worry, I think @ jdawg99 jdawg99 said a few pages back that he's meaning to put in 12 characters afaik there are still slots for certain character types to balance the roster. We also need to have support characters too so there's that.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I just updated for the Tutorial bug fix. I don't think it worked for me. I didn't have the problem before the update and now every time I start up the game, it takes me to the tutorial. At least the bug I talked about in classic mode is fixed.

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
For character backgrounds, I was thinking it would be better to have these characters come from separate worlds with their own backstories and lore. They would meet by chance because of some entity (maybe the final boss?) creates portals that would drag them into different worlds to fight for his amusement.

Anyway, I did one attack for Dioxin where he does a surrounding attack to push back other opponents. If this is done in air, he will stay put until the attack is done. What do you think?

I also sketched up a few OC's of my own that could be used for either Playable fighters or assist characters:

From left:
Box Bandit
-
Wields a cardboard sword and wears a roll of duct tape behind his back
- Sword user that can play like Link
- Normal attacks are used for sword play
- Specials are used for crafted items stored in his box mask

Zilla/Lizza Man
- Man in a dino suit that likes to act like a certain Kaiju
- Combination of Bowser and Yoshi
- One of his attacks consists of chucking miniature buildings and cars at the opponent

Riddy Go
- A critter with some futuristic gear built for speed
- Sonic type character
- Uses speed and electric based attacks
- Her hoverboard can be used.
- Name is a pun for "Ready"

I also still have my other proposed characters pages back, who do you think we should sprite after my current character is finished?
I like that attack! Great OCs too :)

Btw, is Dioxin the right pixel size there?

So @ jdawg99 jdawg99 = Am I in?
Yes

I just updated for the Tutorial bug fix. I don't think it worked for me. I didn't have the problem before the update and now every time I start up the game, it takes me to the tutorial. At least the bug I talked about in classic mode is fixed.
There's a patch coming out tonight for that. I've also made these type of updates a lot smaller. You used to have to download about 90mb to update, I've got it now so you just download a small 8mb portion! :D So these smaller updates will download more than 10X faster!

I'm starting a small Facebook campain. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Btw the money I'm making for this app right now is currently just being used to proliferate downloads and increase user base. Hopefully we will make enough to support servers one day.

We are still holding strong with a 4.9 star rating. Great job guys!

Also we are up to 35 downloads as of yesterday. This isn't counting today because Google Play takes time to process stuff.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Up to 57 downloads as of this morning.

I'm currently working on realtime multiplayer since that's the most fun for me to make. If one of you guys creates something I'll put it in. I'm also putting in the bouncer.

I'm all done with the free version of the app. I now just need to put an ad in it. Here's the layout of the free version.

Title screen -> tutorial -> menu -> character select (only one character) -> demo round at battlefield with 3 random opponents

That's literally it. I'm making an option to upgrade right after the round too.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I was looking at classic mode times (Btw, great addition with the best time score board) and noticed someone took in 1st place in easy, beating me by 1 second :cry: (My time was 1:43), after my rage quest was finally over, I manage to get back on top with 1:19. :demon: Watch Unicellular Proteus beat me by 1 second again :awesome: (Who is 1st in other difficulty modes).

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I was looking at classic mode times (Btw, great addition with the best time score board) and noticed someone took in 1st place in easy, beating me by 1 second :cry: (My time was 1:43), after my rage quest was finally over, I manage to get back on top with 1:19. :demon: Watch Unicellular Proteus beat me by 1 second again :awesome: (Who is 1st in other difficulty modes).
Hahahaha I saw that he/she had beaten you and laughed for a sec yesterday.

Nice job taking the top spot!

Free version coming this weekend :D (and maybe tonight if the ads work nicely)

Top Bottom