• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Wii U Bundle Revealed on Amazon

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Wow it looks just like a gamecube controller with digital triggers and a extra Z button. I love it.

However, I am interested in the fightpad still because of the bigger right analog stick. It could be useful in other games. I guess I'll wait for the reviews of these controllers before buying one. My old classic controller is dead from Project M so that's why I'm interested in a new one.
True I am thinking of grabbing at least 1 of each to see if one really is better than the other outside of their looks.

D

Deleted member 268018

You can get the Adapter for $20. You can find GCN controllers for like 5 bucks on Amazon and Ebay. You can get the game for $60, or less if you're willing to wait a few weeks for used copies (like that will ever happen). Overall, you could save about $15 bucks. Or you could just not care about a trifle extra. I mean, it IS a new controller.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Why is this such a big deal? It's been pre-order-able at Gamestop for quite some time now.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Oh my gawd, the fact that I can get a hard copy of the game, with a controller is so amazing. Hell I don't even use the GC controller all that often, but I want it anyway. Yaaaaassss!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I need a Smash Bros Wii U Deluxe Bundle, Gamecube Adapter and controller included!​

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
It's so... it's so beautiful.

EDIT: I really need the new hori controller as well.

Last edited:

Seirin

Smash Rookie
I wonder when this bundle will be available for purchase in Europe.

WinnieDaKrew

Smash Rookie
I'm kinda bummed there's no Sm4sh Special Edition WiiU. I mean there's a Sm4sh 3ds, it'd make sense to have a Sm4sh WiiU. I'm still hoping that they will announce one.
I Totally agree, but in all honesty i bet nintendo is aware of the fact how much of an audience sm4sh is going to bring to the wii u. It would be stupid for them not to i mean. I have had no reason to buy a wii u until now, So im sure us and many others would love to see a bundle or special edition come out

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Don't preorder things on Amazon. They do it the stupid way where they charge you when it ships out rather than the smart/Gamestop way where you pay for it beforehand and pick it up when it comes out. I've been screwed by this system and they seem to think that it's the better way to do the thing... Sigh

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Don't preorder things on Amazon. They do it the stupid way where they charge you when it ships out rather than the smart/Gamestop way where you pay for it beforehand and pick it up when it comes out. I've been screwed by this system and they seem to think that it's the better way to do the thing... Sigh

gamestop has not charged me yet, but i pre-ordered it. they say that pre-orders do not charge until they ship

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I need to cancel my Best Buy preorder at any time to get this at Gamestop. I eyed it the day I got my PS3 and planned on it since then. I don't need a second Smash coin, I need a Smash controller! Maybe I will do it on Friday when I pick up my 3DS preorder... Preordered both on Smashfest day.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Almost every Smash player prefers to use the "old controller" which is in fact the best controller for this game series
And its not "old hardware" either
The had to create a new program, make a whole new device and make it work
Could it have been a little less yes
The bundle only saves you $10 so yeah it could have been like $90 at most
The best Smash controller is the N64 controller.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Am i the only one that spent the whole weekend staring at this box!?
#OneDay

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
The best Smash controller is the N64 controller.
Im fond of both just general consensus is the GameCube is superior
My friend always tells me the reason I'm undefeated against him in Smash 64 is because he can't use his precious GameCube controller

Page Won

Smash Rookie
$60 for the game
$30 for the controllers
$20 for the adapter

Good for $10 off.
Seriously, it's only $10 off! Since I already have a controller, it would be better to NOT get the bundle...but this also means that I basically get an extra controller for $10.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I pre ordered this bundle today at Gamestop. Afterwards I was looking online to see if Nintendo plans on making any other Game Cube controllers but I am guessing not since they have a deal with PDP. Other than that Hori controller posted earlier in this thread, that which I can't seem to find ANYWHERE online, I did come by the OLD Hori Game Cube controllers and they look really nice. Especially if you have large hands like I do. I heard they hold up well, so I might get one of those.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, this only saves $10. That's basically 9% off. There's a reason stores don't have '9% off' commercials for products.
Honestly, we know Nintendo can price it better than that. 15-20% is what should be expected here.

Stillbuyingitcauseitsstillcheaperthisway

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if many of you are able to grasp the gravity of this, but the Gamecube controller was first released with the Nintendo Gamecube in the year 2001...

THAT'S THIRTEEN FREAKING YEARS, OR THREE GAMING GENERATIONS!

Thank you Sakurai, Nintendo, and the Smash community for supporting such a great controller for so long. :roll:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
A lot of Online retailers do this. It is actually a prefered method just in case prices drop or dates change or something else.

bashdash4

Smash Rookie
NNID
bashdash4
3DS FC
3093-7102-8256
If it comes to my local Gamestop I will likely pick it up. I do want that adapter and the controller looks glorious!

Top Bottom