• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Wii U Bundle Revealed on Amazon

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Amazon has put up a listing for the Smash Bros. for Wii U software bundle. This bundle includes the game, the Gamecube controller adapter, and a Smash-branded Gamecube controller. Astute observers will also notice that the package sports a small Amiibo logo, which is likely to show off games that are Amiibo compatible. The box are also looks quite pretty, though with an asking price of $99.99, it had better look good.

There it is, in all its glory.
A release date has still not been set for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Pre-order this bundle on Amazon here.

Are you excited for the game yet? Will you be buying this bundle? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit wants this, but also likes having a hundred dollars. Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Globe

I only care for waifus
Imagine Nintendo sells these controllers, but instead of the Smash logo its a character. I'd buy like all of them.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, $99.99 doesn't even seem like a discount. If these things are bundled, you'd think that you'd get money off. To be fsir, though, I can only guess how expensive a gamecube controller adaptor will be.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
If you think about it, these Smash-brand controllers would be easy to customize, meaning people will make more customized controllers! More customized controllers means more variety!

That, or nobody will even try to make their own controller. I know I will.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I wonder how much cheaper it would be to get the adapter separately, cause I don't need a another controller, I have too many.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Honestly, $99.99 doesn't even seem like a discount. If these things are bundled, you'd think that you'd get money off. To be fsir, though, I can only guess how expensive a gamecube controller adaptor will be.
$60 for the game
$30 for the controllers
$20 for the adapter

Good for $10 off.

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
So, for those axing this is too expensive, consider this.
-the game itself is $60
-the controller ~$30
-that leaves another ~$10 for the adapter.
Given that it comes with what most people are going to consider a tourney ready setup; why the **** are you complaining? Do you expect them to give you a controller and adapter for free?! Nintendo wants to make money, now they have a product you want and you are complaining about wanting to pay for it? Seriously, consider how much you are going to use this ****. $40 isn't that much extra.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
SOMEONE GET ME A F****** WII U RIGHT NOW!!! THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I hope Gamestop takes preorders for this bundle. I don't care that it's $99.99. This will be in my house upon release. Period.

fill

20EggsEggs
if you buy the bundle you save 10 bucks

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
guys..its happening. Call me crazy but hopefully this validates the nov rumor release date. I dont mind giving them more time, but i can wait to play this game!

P0NY0

Smash Rookie
I'm kinda bummed there's no Sm4sh Special Edition WiiU. I mean there's a Sm4sh 3ds, it'd make sense to have a Sm4sh WiiU. I'm still hoping that they will announce one.

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
40$ for an old controller and an adapter made from old hardware sounds pretty pricey to me. Come on, 85$ total would of been doable.
Almost every Smash player prefers to use the "old controller" which is in fact the best controller for this game series
And its not "old hardware" either
The had to create a new program, make a whole new device and make it work
Could it have been a little less yes
The bundle only saves you $10 so yeah it could have been like $90 at most

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Almost every Smash player prefers to use the "old controller" which is in fact the best controller for this game series
And its not "old hardware" either
The had to create a new program, make a whole new device and make it work
Could it have been a little less yes
The bundle only saves you $10 so yeah it could have been like $90 at most
Making a GC controller work through a USB on a Wii U wouldn't be all that hard. And it's just the controller ports from a GC with two USB plugs attached.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
With this bundle now actually being a thing, my stepbros will now have a chance to obtain a Wii U & SSBU!

If you really want to sell how awesome Wii U software is to someone, play the games with them.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Ah, I remember when I preordered the Wii U version at Gamestop and they asked me if I wanted the bundle. I said no because I wanted Watch Dogs instead.

SoulSighter

Smash Rookie
I've played with gamecube controllers all my life, but after playing the smash demo so much I don't think the transition to a pro-controler will be that bad. Regardless, I'm still buying the heck out of this because most of my friends are used to GC controllers when they come over!

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
Making a GC controller work through a USB on a Wii U wouldn't be all that hard. And it's just the controller ports from a GC with two USB plugs attached.
But its not like the Wii U had that software originally they had to program that to make it work
Sure it might not be hard but they didn't have to do it either

D

Deleted member

The bundle saves you $10, which is great. You people need to quit complaining. I'm sorry to tell you this, but video games are a luxury. Nintendo is in the business of making money and is under no obligation to shave off 30-40 bucks from their products.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333

TAKE IT IWATA,
TAKE IT REGGIE,
TAKE IT SAKURAI,
TAKE IT MIYAMOTO,
Nintendo... just TAKE MY MONEY!

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
The bundle saves you $10, which is great. You people need to quit complaining. I'm sorry to tell you this, but video games are a luxury. Nintendo is in the business of making money and is under no obligation to shave off 30-40 bucks from their products.
Never said 30-40 i said 20 would be reasonable

Top Bottom