• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Wii U Bundle Revealed on Amazon

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Honestly, $99.99 doesn't even seem like a discount. If these things are bundled, you'd think that you'd get money off. To be fsir, though, I can only guess how expensive a gamecube controller adaptor will be.
The game would be $60. GC controllers being $20 is reasonable, and the adapter would be $20? Idk. I DO feel it's a bit much.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U by Nintendo Nintendo Wii U $19.99
GameCube Controller - Super Smash Bros. Edition by Nintendo Nintendo Wii U $29.99
Super Smash Bros. - Nintendo Wii U by Nintendo Nintendo Wii U $59.99

So you'd be saving $10, is it worth it? Yea for the people the don't own a gamecube controller, otherwise forget it and save your $30

Last edited:

beestmode

Smash Cadet
So excited! Can't wait for the game to release and yes totally going to buy this bundle! Although I'm waiting to see if they will release a bundle with the game as well come sooner to the release of ssb4? What do you guys think? Nintendo has a Mario kart Wii U bundle do you guys think they will release a Wii U with SSB4?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
already have myself a Wii U... so not this bundle for me... but i do want the cubecontroller with that logo on it :p

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Amazon put up a listing...back in June lol. But seriously after seeing how great those Hori controllers look I might just buy one or two smash controllers and grab two Hori controllers. I do still have 3 GC controllers in working condition but they are obviously worn out.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I just love the full high resolution image on amazon that you can gaze upon... *Drooling*

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Yeesh, so much complaining. Video games are so cheap in the US. In the UK, games on their own can cost £45 ($73). This bundle is probably going to cost £70 in the UK, which is $113.

I'm not going to think twice about buying it on day one.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Pssh, for that price I'll just paint a Smash Ball on my GC Controller.
(Yeah It's cheaper but w/e)

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Uhm, I don't know maybe when the game drops...?

C'mon use your head bud.
whoa we got a smart ass over here

My post was a joke. We've already known that this bundle was happening for a long time now, so the shiny new packaging still doesn't give me any new information as they have yet to reveal a release date, which is really all we want to know.

Use context and common sense.

:093:

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
whoa we got a smart *** over here

My post was a joke. We've already known that this bundle was happening for a long time now, so the shiny new packaging still doesn't give me any new information as they have yet to reveal a release date, which is really all we want to know.

Use context and common sense.

Say something ******** then play it off as a joke? No I'm pretty sure that's not a matter of context, just a matter of you being ********. :yeahboi:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Say something ******** then play it off as a joke? No I'm pretty sure that's not a matter of context, just a matter of you being ********. :yeahboi:
Yes, because clearly the rest of the world isn't waiting and wanting to know the release date as well and a simple post bringing attention to this is "********".

But please continue carrying yourself the way you do. Make yourself at home here. This is what the internet is for. Live it up.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
ONLY 99.99?? I bet everyone regrets getting the Mario U and MK8 bundles. So not only is this the cheapest bundle we've seen, but it comes packaged with the most anticipated Nintendo game ever? It's really obvious that Nintendo wants to rack in as much cash as it can from this game. It's better for Nintendo to sell a low price item and get tons of money, then to sell an item that no can afford.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ONLY 99.99?? I bet everyone regrets getting the Mario U and MK8 bundles. So not only is this the cheapest bundle we've seen, but it comes packaged with the most anticipated Nintendo game ever? It's really obvious that Nintendo wants to rack in as much cash as it can from this game. It's better for Nintendo to sell a low price item and get tons of money, then to sell an item that no can afford.
Well, this bundle doesn't actually include the console like those ones did.

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
I'd make my best attempts to get the bundle if it also came with the console.

But if it did, then in Brazil it would probably be more expensive than trying to buy Google.

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Please tell me you're kidding...

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So, for those axing this is too expensive, consider this.
-the game itself is $60
-the controller ~$30
-that leaves another ~$10 for the adapter.
Given that it comes with what most people are going to consider a tourney ready setup; why the **** are you complaining? Do you expect them to give you a controller and adapter for free?! Nintendo wants to make money, now they have a product you want and you are complaining about wanting to pay for it? Seriously, consider how much you are going to use this ****. $40 isn't that much extra.
I have 7 GameCube controllers as is. All I'd want is the game and adapter. Also, I'd rather use my trusty worn-in controllers over a brand new one if possible. I always found using new controllers doesn't give me the same feel when playing SSB as a controller that's been broken in. So I would in theory like to buy this bundle, but it wouldn't be wise for me to invest in a 100 dollar package when I'm not even going to use the controller. It's for selective buyers. That price isn't for me.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Why isn't it free? I won't get it unless it's free. /s

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
So many people SERIOUSLY think this is a Wii U Bundle. sad thing is it is not just people on this site. WTH people!? lol

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
So many people SERIOUSLY think this is a Wii U Bundle. sad thing is it is not just people on this site. WTH people!? lol
Ok, I'll give people the benefit of the doubt if they can't recognize a Wii U from a Wii... but this kind of thing is just a bunch of stupid lazy people that can't read.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Ohmailord. Do you have a link for that?
http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Battle-Mario-Version-Turbo-u/dp/B00ND0E5ZU/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1411871598&sr=1-2&keywords=HORI Battle Pad for Wii U

Take note of the release date. "November 21, 2014". This brand is also officially licensed by Nintendo so I expect a quality product. I heard Hori is a reliable third party manufacturer although I never had one of their products myself. I am definitely nabbing these over the PDP ones that's for sure.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Wow it looks just like a gamecube controller with digital triggers and a extra Z button. I love it.

However, I am interested in the fightpad still because of the bigger right analog stick. It could be useful in other games. I guess I'll wait for the reviews of these controllers before buying one. My old classic controller is dead from Project M so that's why I'm interested in a new one.

Top Bottom