• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Wii U Bundle Revealed on Amazon

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Imagine Nintendo sells these controllers, but instead of the Smash logo its a character. I'd buy like all of them.
Or even crazier...controllers that also use the color scheme of each character. They'd sell out in minutes.

Too bad there probably won't be many other games compatible with Gamecube controllers, meaning it wouldn't be very practical...

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
This is supposed to be new? Sure, the box is pretty, but everything here has been around for a long time now.

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit
I will not be buying this bundle, just the game and adapter. I have 4 perfectly fine official Gamecube controllers already.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Honestly, $99.99 doesn't even seem like a discount. If these things are bundled, you'd think that you'd get money off. To be fsir, though, I can only guess how expensive a gamecube controller adaptor will be.
You save $20?

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
If I hadn't already preordered the game at Best Buy to get the coin, I would definitely get this.
I think I'll get my coin from the preorder at Best Buy, order the bundle, and return the game to Best Buy for my money back.

I get the coin, the bundle, and my money back.

Wusigi Dr

Smash Rookie
NNID
wusigidr
3DS FC
1134-7536-9351
Almost every Smash player prefers to use the "old controller" which is in fact the best controller for this game series
And its not "old hardware" either
The had to create a new program, make a whole new device and make it work
Could it have been a little less yes
The bundle only saves you $10 so yeah it could have been like $90 at most
yea plus take into consideration that they could've just left us in the dust. Right now we could all be forced to use the wii u pro controller. or a pro controller in general. New scheme, new set up, getting used to those? 2 controllers to take to tourneys. I think its awesome that they made the adapter literally just for smash. Its a good gesture on there end.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I think my wallet will need to take some flu shots before going on a trip after seeig this. $_$

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Brawl came out after I finished high school, I didn't go to college and just went straight to work. I felt like I had no time to play with friends.

Now I'm married with kids and running a business but I feel like I've got so much time now to play friends. I don't know what's changed but I couldn't be happier!

JFB (JurgaBurgaFlintines)

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, $99.99 doesn't even seem like a discount. If these things are bundled, you'd think that you'd get money off. To be fsir, though, I can only guess how expensive a gamecube controller adaptor will be.
If you think about it, you do save money. If you bought the items separately (Smash Bros for Wii U $60, Gamecube controller $30, Adapter $20) You save only $10, but it's still a save

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Pretty rad, I am debating still whether to pick up a Wii U or not

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I was also upset about the price but forgot the adapter is $20. This seems fair enough. I mean you all were going to buy these anyway, right?

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Why in the world are you guys complaining about this being a steep price? We're getting 3 things smash players have always wanted, a new game, a GCC adapter, AND a new GC controller(the one you have HAS to be getting worn or else you're not a real smasher). I'm loving this deal, and I'm getting it day one.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, time to sell my couch, I can play sitting on the floor.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think that some people are forgetting that both the contents of the bundle and the price of the items have already been known for months. The only thing that's actually new here is the artwork for the box.

Stop complaining about the bundle, it does save you money over buying the 3 pieces individually, and it contains items that many, many people are planning to buy as a group anyway. It is a good deal.

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
you can get this for $60 at best buy if you have the best buy discount

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
God damn people I know if I had a Wii u I would save up and get this. Stop complaining on this ****. If its not for you don't buy it.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Has anyone noticed to Amiibo logo thing on the top right corner?

Is this for all Amiibo compatible games or what?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Imagine Nintendo sells these controllers, but instead of the Smash logo its a character. I'd buy like all of them.
I preordered this bundle at Gamestop about a week ago and when I did the cashier definitely asked me if I wanted to add character specific controllers to my purchase. They said they had like 4; Mario, Yoshi I think(?), and I don't remember the other two.

Tell me I'm not the only one who's heard of this? When he mentioned it it was the first I'd heard of it but I assumed it was generally knowledge that I had just somehow missed.

Edit: Maybe he was talking about amiibo's and got them mixed up with controllers? I wouldn't put it past Gamestop.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I preordered this bundle at Gamestop about a week ago and when I did the cashier definitely asked me if I wanted to add character specific controllers to my purchase. They said they had like 4; Mario, Yoshi I think(?), and I don't remember the other two.

Tell me I'm not the only one who's heard of this? When he mentioned it it was the first I'd heard of it but I assumed it was generally knowledge that I had just somehow missed.
I've seen those on sale before, they are made by a different company. I think there was even a thread for them around E3.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I've seen those on sale before, they are made by a different company. I think there was even a thread for them around E3.

Edit: Maybe he was talking about amiibo's and got them mixed up with controllers? I wouldn't put it past Gamestop.
Oh, You mean ones like these?
http://imgur.com/c7JTXKx,vQu4Mr4,jcNEnXo

Too bad they're classic controllers though :troll:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I would rather have all of this bundled with an actual Wii U. It would mean less boxes I would have to keep around my house.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Still just gonna get a Wii U Pro Controller. Like the newer controllers more, really.

Top Bottom