• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Wii U Bundle Revealed on Amazon

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Honestly, $99.99 doesn't even seem like a discount. If these things are bundled, you'd think that you'd get money off. To be fsir, though, I can only guess how expensive a gamecube controller adaptor will be.
Well, considering the game is 60+ dollars. and the adapter by itself is 20 dollars, and I don't think they'll be selling Gamecube controllers on the own for 20 dollars, this deal does in fact save you money.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I love the packaging but…

When's the release date?

:093:

Clavaat

Smash Cadet
The name is kind of deceiving at first...I thought this was a Wii U Bundle with the sytem/game/controller/adapter...which certainly made the price point attractive XD

Oh well, still neat.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Augh, and I already have it pre-ordered with BB to get that stupid coin...

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
Do want! It's a shame that it's probably gonna cost a bunch more here in México :/ we always get kinda screwed with the prices over here. Still, I want the game and the adapter, so might as well get the whole bundle.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The mighty GC controller has returned! It's front and center in all it's glory!

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
My point still stands. You're asking for a bigger discount on a luxury item.
Im not complaining though
Im fine with the 100
and video games honestly aren't luxury anymore
everyone with a decent pay has at least some form of video game
Back in the NES days sure they were a luxury
but not now

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, $99.99 doesn't even seem like a discount. If these things are bundled, you'd think that you'd get money off. To be fsir, though, I can only guess how expensive a gamecube controller adaptor will be.
The game itself is $60, and the controller it comes with is $30 separately. Adapter is $20 separately, so you're saving around ten bucks. Not a huge discount, but I'm definitely going to be getting all of these items regardless - obviously want (kind of need) the GC adapter, and I definitely need a new GC controller, probably even a couple of them. So, might as well save ten bucks.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Imagine Nintendo sells these controllers, but instead of the Smash logo its a character. I'd buy like all of them.
So... do you mean like the GC controllers you plug into your wiimote like a classic controller that are themed after Mario, Yoshi, and Peach? Or do you want it them to be even more representative of the character than a logo + colors?

Or do you just want more of them/want them as a wired controller instead of wireless?

OR AM I JUST MISSING A POINT HERE? ;w;

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I am concerned they will not sell the parts separately. I wanna be able to get the adapter and one controller, and then the game digitally. I wonder if the controller and adapter will be available upon launch like the game...

Last edited:

jonftl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0725-8432
yay 140$ to spend ! My body is ready but is my wallet ?!

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I am concerned they will not sell the parts separately. I wanna be able to get the adapter and one controller, and then the game digitally. I wonder if the controller and adapter will be available upon launch like the game...
You can buy both on Amazon. You won't save the $10 though

http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Cont...d=1411755870&sr=1-5&keywords=super+smash+bros

http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_y

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I hope Gamestop takes preorders for this bundle. I don't care that it's $99.99. This will be in my house upon release. Period.
I pre-ordered this bundle at GameStop months ago. I think you should be able to as well.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
Sweetness ... must have haha.

I found a $25 dollar Amazon card the other day ... now do I want to use it on this or go to a retailer to buy the SSB4W+controller bundle upon midnight release??

D

Deleted member

Calm down about the price thats already a bargain. If you already have a GameCube controller (which you honestly should if you want to use it for Smash this much), then just buy Smash and the bundle separately and save the $20.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
When I went to GameStop I was unable to pre-order the GameCube controller and the adapter separately. Which leads me to believe that when the Wii U version releases at midnight, only the people who pre-ordered the bundle will be able to immediately play the game using their GameCube controllers. Which sucks.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
I hope a collector's bundle with a smash wii u is released. But I'm definitely getting this if not. HYYYYYPE TRAIN!!!!

Top Bottom