• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Bros. 3DS a "filler"?

How are you handling Smash Bros. 3DS?

• Total voters

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nice shield you got there

Would be a shame if someone ATE IT

Well, we haven't seen them in smash run yet, so there's that xD
I just hated running into them in Melee's Adventure mode, having them in Smash Run would be really frustrating.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Because they are known as the most annoying enemy of the Legend of Zelda franchise, right next to the Like Likes.
I hate their screams in OoT as well, like just Shut up lol.
If Smash 3DS was the only Smash that existed, everyone would be like this:
"This game won't be competitive. I don't see the point."
"Wow, really? Only for 3DS?"
This game will be good. Different tier lists, competitive players, stages, modes, and a unique experience. A Smash Bros. game on a handheld console like the 3DS is really a dream come true. Now players can do what they wanted to do in previous Smash games, but on their 3DS with an improved online multiplayer.
3DS online is very good. My Wifi is too slow to watch videos, without waiting a few minutres. With the 3DS, there is no buffering at all when the video is playing. I am looking forward to Smash Bros 3DS's online ^^.

Wouldn't using a Circle Pad Pro or that new thing made by Hori for Monster Hunter make things more comfortable?

It's not like the 3DS version is holding back the Wii U version at all.
I guess for people who can't live without that C-stick :p. I used it for Smash Attacks, so i'll have to main without it xD. Welcome to Smashboards btw.

supahVGC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Super
3DS FC
4382-2037-5660
Oh man, October seems like years away.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ahhhh the Like Likes! The horror of running into them and Redeads while speed running through Adventure Mode in Melee.
Just imagine how much time they would shave off in Smash Run! Getting stuck in a Like Like would cost you about 6 seconds.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
October 3rd is a Friday, so I will be staying up all night playing it :p.

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
This is my main version.

Don't have a Wii U, and when I played Smash 3DS last week, I was blown away by how good it played, so 3DS all the way!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Another thing I like about the 3DS version is the 3D. I am currently playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team and the 3D do wonders to the beautiful scenarios of the game. Some people will disagree with me, but Smash 3DS in 3D will be as beautiful as Smash Wii U, in its own way. Of course, the polygon count is lower, the textures aren't as good as in the Wii U, etc. I am not trying to deny that, as there is no point in arguing against facts, BUT the 3DS is not the "weak" as the DS or as old consoles like the N64 and PS1 and it can handle amazing graphics. Can you imagine how gorgeous these stages below will look in 3D mode?

I am so hyped for this game.

Soul.

3DS online is very good. My Wifi is too slow to watch videos, without waiting a few minutres. With the 3DS, there is no buffering at all when the video is playing. I am looking forward to Smash Bros 3DS's online ^^.
It is good. Nintendo Network makes it easier to play online with almost no lag, and this will make Smash 3DS' online really good.

Reila

Assuming I actually get it on the release date :p
I am actually considering going digital with Smash 3DS and this is one of the reasons. The others are:

- Having Smash on the 3DS all the time will be extremely practical.
- Buying it digital is actually cheaper than physical, by a considerable margin, where I live.
- The box art isn't that great. I actually like the Wii U version box art more, dat blue color scheme is amazing.

Kaitou

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameEmpireHD
3DS FC
3496-9817-0774
I guess for people who can't live without that C-stick :p. I used it for Smash Attacks, so i'll have to main without it xD. Welcome to Smashboards btw.
Right, but it would also offer a more controller-friendly feeling so there shouldn't be excuses to complain. :3

Thank you, I plan to post here a lot..hopefully.

D

Deleted member

It is good. Nintendo Network makes it easier to play online with almost no lag, and this will make Smash 3DS' online really good.
You can take Mario Kart 7 as an example, its online mode is nearly lag-free. It just depends on your internet connection really, and if it's great, you're good to go.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I fight people in 3DS games on campus at my school all the time. It's really fun. I've never heard of anyone getting their 3DS's stolen, but then again this is college, not high school.

Anyway, the 3DS version is my main version unless I magically come across a WiiU. If Smash 4 is sooooo amazing that I feel compelled to spend $400 I don't have to play it on the WiiU, I will, but I doubt it will end up happening any time soon. My current plan is to buy an Xbox One for the Master Chief Collection this fall, and I'm barely going to be able to save up for that, so affording a WiiU is looking impossible and questionable. Halo comes before Smash for me, definitely.

Last edited:

Reila

You can take Mario Kart 7 as an example, its online mode is nearly lag-free. It just depends on your internet connection really, and if it's great, you're good to go.
This is ironic because complains about Mario Kart 8's (the console game) online are very frequent but this doesn't happen for Mario Kart 7 (the 3DS game).

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
It might get stolen from you, which I why I never bring any of my games to school.
Where I live, the crime rate isn't high + I don't worry often if someone attempts to steal my games. I always have my game system attached to me by cord or by simply shoving it in my pants (which conveniently have pockets on the inside.

Well, I just hope they don't get stolen from you, since that happened to a person I knew in Elementary School.
LOL, I never brought games to school in Elementary school. I brought Pokemon cards instead.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Where I live, the crime rate isn't high + I don't worry often if someone attempts to steal my games. I always have my game system attached to me by cord or by simply shoving it in my pants (which conveniently have pockets on the inside.
Well, I just hope they don't get stolen from you, since that happened to a person I knew in Elementary School.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
It might get stolen from you, which I why I never bring any of my games to school.
Yes. My Cousin's games got stolen all the time at school because he wanted to show-off. I'm buying Smash 3DS right after school, via Nintendo E-Shop ;).

Soul.

Yeah, I was about to bring up Mario Kart 7 as an example. That game hardly ever lags online, which is another reason why Nintendo Network makes online play easier.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Yeah, I was about to bring up Mario Kart 7 as an example. That game hardly ever lags online, which is another reason why Nintendo Network makes online play easier.
Even Street Fighter IV 3D was lag free on wifi, and that was one of the 3DS' first titles. I think Smash4's wifi will be alright.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Just like Sakurai, I consider these two games to be different entities. Mainly because the only things they share are a character roster, items, and a couple stages. Modes, music, graphics, and even the physics are completely different.

For that reason I'm going to play both games equally, even after the SSB Wii U comes out.

Reila

There is no way I would take my 3DS with me when I go to places. I was robbed four times in my 23 years of life, the last thing I want is to lose my 3DS.
Even Street Fighter IV 3D was lag free on wifi, and that was one of the 3DS' first titles. I think Smash4's wifi will be alright.
True. Street Fighter IV's online runs more smoothly on the 3DS than on a freaking PC (since the day they moved the game from GFWL to Steamworks).

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
There is no way I would take my 3DS with me when I go to places. I was robbed four times in my 23 years of life, the last thing I want is to lose my 3DS.

True. Street Fighter IV's online runs more smoothly on the 3DS than on a freaking PC (since the day they moved the game from GFWL to Steamworks).
Agree on this. SF4 on PC sometimes feels like Brawl's online mode.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Just like Sakurai, I consider these two games to be different entities. Mainly because the only things they share are a character roster, items, and a couple stages. Modes, music, graphics, and even the physics are completely different.

For that reason I'm going to play both games equally, even after the SSB Wii U comes out.
Physics were exactly the same between versions in the E3 version, I doubt they'll change that in the final version. The games play differently, yes, but that's because of controls, not physics.

Edit: Someone stole 90% of my Pokemon cards in my own house. Nowhere is safe.

Last edited:

supahVGC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Super
3DS FC
4382-2037-5660
Once I brought my 3DS to Elementary. I left it in my bag for Phys Ed, then when I came back it was gone. It turns out the Head found it in my bag and took it with him to give it to me at the end of the day and my parents had to come in. They weren't too angry, but that was a scary moment to find your 3DS gone - especially when you bought it for £200 about 2 weeks after release :p Imagine if I brought it in Middle school :S

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Once I brought my 3DS to Elementary. I left it in my bag for Phys Ed, then when I came back it was gone. It turns out the Head found it in my bag and took it with him to give it to me at the end of the day and my parents had to come in. They weren't too angry, but that was a scary moment to find your 3DS gone - especially when you bought it for £200 about 2 weeks after release :p Imagine if I brought it in Middle school :S
Lol I can imagine.

D

Deleted member

This is ironic because complains about Mario Kart 8's (the console game) online are very frequent but this doesn't happen for Mario Kart 7 (the 3DS game).
Well, this is off-topic, but yeah, I've seen lots of people complain about Mario Kart 8's online. I don't have a Wii U + MK8 yet so I don't really know about that, though.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Physics were exactly the same between versions in the E3 version, I doubt they'll change that in the final version. The games play differently, yes, but that's because of controls, not physics.
Huh, really? Felt different to me when I played it. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Kaitou

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameEmpireHD
3DS FC
3496-9817-0774
Considering I am going back to College, if I meet other people that likes Smash, I might take it....but since I am getting it when it comes out in Japan...I rather wait a month.

Renji64

Smash Lord
It is filler for me the main one i want is the console smash better controls. I will only play it until release of the wiiu one and then maybe play it when asked or on the go.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Huh, really? Felt different to me when I played it. Maybe I'm misremembering.
Like I said, it might have been the controls. Try playing Brawl with the wiimote and then with a gamecube controller. They will feel very different.

:p Who could steal your Pokemon cards in your own house Leeyawshee?
It happened when I left the room to eat, he must have stayed in the room and hid it in his pockets. I was fairly young and I didn't find out until later since the cards were in my closet at all times.

Luckily, he didn't take my rare Pikachu card. I would have hunted a ninja down.

Top Bottom