• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

"Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases."

"Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!"
There's another comment by Sakurai
In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area.
By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned. www.smashbros.com

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

"Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases."

"Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!"

Also, Multi-Man Smash, X and Y Trainer Battle, and Full Steam Ahead from Spirit Tracks are available to listen to on the main site.

Music update! Yes! Yes! Yes!!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
ONE OF THE MUSICIANS FOR 3DS WORKED ON DANGAN RONPA (Masafumi Takada)

IT LITERALLY SAYS DANGAN RONPA ON THE OFFICIAL SMASH SITE

EVERYTHING HAS LED UP TO THIS

MONOKUMA CONFIRMED :troll:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Composer list is amazing!! Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Yasunori Mitsuda and Yoko Shimomura are among them. Many of the musicians return from Brawl too.

And this is only the 3DS version!! Hype! Hype! Hype!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guys, one of the composers for the MGS series is working on this game:

Nobuko Toda (FILM SCORE LLC)

Metal Gear Solid 4
TIME SCOOP HUNTER

Probably means nothing but still worth mentioning...

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Oh boy, the leak believers are gonna have a field day with this one.....

Look at the top name on the list.

ACE (TOMOri Kudo/CHiCO) - Xenoblade Chronicles., ..."ONE PIECE exhibition"...

Monkey D. Luffy confirmed for Sm4sh.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh boy, the leak believers are gonna have a field day with this one.....

Look at the top name on the list.

ACE (TOMOri Kudo/CHiCO) - Xenoblade Chronicles., ..."ONE PIECE exhibition"...

Monkey D. Luffy confirmed for Sm4sh.
Like I said, man, Monokuma confirmed.

Dangan Ronpa is even mentioned on the official site. You can't argue that. :troll:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Be sure to let me know when the Kid Icarus music hits. I'll happily enjoy listening to it a lot, for Team Skyworld! :4pit::4palutena:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just heard it today and I already love Full Steam Ahead as if I'd played the game.

WOW.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So I guess Sakurai deleted this real quick before putting the music one up :troll:

If this is real, it is hilarious. But I have to call temporary shenanigans until I find out why this says the Ghirahim post was made 2 days ago, when I'm staring at it right now on my screen and it says 1 day ago.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Being completely honest?

Only thing that would've made me more hyped than I am right now is if ZUN was on that list alongside Takada.

BUT I MEAN TAKADA'S COOL TOO I LOVE DANGAN RONPA'S MUSIC

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Well folks, it's been real but I'm off to bed now that the PotD's up. I gotta rest up so I can come back swingin' at the people who will inevitably assert that this confirms the "potential leaked roster" as 100% true. Have a good one all.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, I think this update actually hurts at least the stage portion of this leak, if only a little.

When you think about it, the only DK stage we know about and the only one on the leaked stage roster is Jungle Japes. However, as the Pic of the Day shows, Kongo Jungle is also returning, which will more than likely be on Jungle Japes along with its own theme just like in Brawl.

However, because each 3DS stage only has two music tracks, and Jungle Japes has its own and Kongo Jungle... That means Gear Getaway (a song from Donkey Kong Country Returns) could potentially go on a new DK stage (which may be more mechanically based if Gear Getaway is on it, but that's another topic entirely).

Of course, at this point, it's all just assumptions based on what we know. Gear Getaway could be one of those extra tracks for Smash Run or something.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know, I think this update actually hurts at least the stage portion of this leak, if only a little.

When you think about it, the only DK stage we know about and the only one on the leaked stage roster is Jungle Japes. However, as the Pic of the Day shows, Kongo Jungle is also returning, which will more than likely be on Jungle Japes along with its own theme just like in Brawl.

However, because each 3DS stage only has two music tracks, and Jungle Japes has its own and Kongo Jungle... That means Gear Getaway (a song from Donkey Kong Country Returns) could potentially go on a new DK stage.

Of course, at this point, it's all just assumptions based on what we know. Gear Getaway could be one of those extra tracks for Smash Run or something.
It doesn't really hurt the leak if you consider both character and stage rosters in that leak were incomplete.

If I'm not mistaken, the copies sent for play testing are different for each tester and are incomplete versions. At least, that's what I heard regarding Brawl.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It doesn't really hurt the leak if you consider both character and stage rosters in that leak were incomplete.

If I'm not mistaken, the copies sent for play testing are different for each tester and are incomplete versions. At least, that's what I heard regarding Brawl.
Yeah, but I'd think the new DK stage would be a starter stage and JUNGLE JAPES would be the unlock like in Brawl.

Eh, like I said, though, it's all assumptions.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, but I'd think the new DK stage would be a starter stage and JUNGLE JAPES would be the unlock like in Brawl.

Eh, like I said, though, it's all assumptions.
I agree with that. I am a bit skeptical of the leak.

I don't believe Metroid and DK would only get past stages on the 3DS version. It doesn't seem right to me.

I believe that what we saw on the leak is true, but there's more to those rosters than what we saw.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I agree with that. I am a bit skeptical of the leak.

I don't believe Metroid and DK would only get past stages on the 3DS version. It doesn't seem right to me.

I believe that what we saw on the leak is true, but there's more to those rosters than what we saw.
Not to mention, if that pink stage isn't a Kirby stage, there's no Kirby stage at all.

And I don't count the Game Boy because I'm pretty sure it will do more than just go to Kirby's Dream Land.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not to mention, if that pink stage isn't a Kirby stage, there's no Kirby stage at all.

And I don't count the Game Boy because I'm pretty sure it will do more than just go to Kirby's Dream Land.
Some people have speculated the pink stage to be from EarthBound or something.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Anyway, future updates, music included, may help on determining the leak's legitimacy.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Even though Spirit Tracks is my least favourite Zelda game, dat music.

(probably posted already but wth)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Smash Run with customizable music is just amazing. I really wasn't expecting that.

That means I can match songs with the characters I will be playing as... and that's awesome.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Smash Run with customizable music is just amazing. I really wasn't expecting that.

That means I can match songs with the characters I will be playing as... and that's awesome.
I feel like I'm gonna be using Full Steam Ahead a lot at this point, personally. :laugh:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Wasn't there a gameplay video back in June with Greninja going through Smash Run, and it had the Greudo Valley track playing?

----

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I feel like I'm gonna be using Full Steam Ahead a lot at this point, personally. :laugh:
That's my choice if I play Toon Link.

But really, I'll probably just choose Gerudo Valley and Dark Pit's Theme for Smash Run, because acoustic guitars are amazing to listen to while beating the crap out of whoever gets in my way.

Wasn't there a gameplay video back in June with Greninja going through Smash Run, and it had the Greudo Valley track playing?

----
Yes, there was. The tracks are randomly chosen, but the big thing is that you can choose which songs are chosen by using a check list on the Sound Test.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This update gives me a HUGE deja vu rush back to when Brawl was being teased on the Dojo.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I love how 3 of the 4 composers of Xenoblade Chronicles are involved in this game.

For reference, they're Yoko Shimomura, ACE+, and Yasunori Mitsuda. The only one that is absent is Manami Kiyota.

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
I have a theory. We have gotten Link as a focus character in the past 3 POTDs. Opening a chest, with Ghirahim, background of the music. Maybe, just maybe, we will get a Zelda newcomer soon. Coupled with the fact that Meta-Knight's banner is down, I think a newcomer is very likely. The other thing is that Shulk could be next due to the music.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I have a theory. We have gotten Link as a focus character in the past 3 POTDs. Opening a chest, with Ghirahim, background of the music. Maybe, just maybe, we will get a Zelda newcomer soon. Coupled with the fact that Meta-Knight's banner is down, I think a newcomer is very likely. The other thing is that Shulk could be next due to the music.
The Trophy Theory! Impa? I think Zant would be cool but that's a huge long shot.

D

Deleted member

My reaction to today's update:

But in all seriousness, music is good. Even if I'll we'll all still be left hanging over that CSS (unless something major happened that I missed) this update is completely worth it. So glad that the remix of the Trainer theme from Greninja's trailer is going to be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom