• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Spent the night at a bar with some friends playing video games on one of these bad boys:

It was awesome. Played Galaga for the first time ever... it's pretty tough. Same as Dig Dug. I remember when games were super hard...

Then we all had a turn at the original Donkey Kong. I destroyed them all and ended up top of the leader board. I knew all those hours playing DK64 would come in handy.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Is this a different leaker from the big leak fiasco a couple of days ago?
Nope, in that leak the series icon appears next to the player number. Only one of these can be true.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Someone posted this on the latest leak thread.
Do you want to know something spooky as hell?

I was just watching Sonic Generation's videos on Youtube, and thought to myself how cool a Metal Sonic alt would be for Sonic. Holy crap, even if it's fake, this just blew my mind.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nope, in that leak the series icon appears next to the player number. Only one of these can be true.

The series icons appear besides the player's numbers during gameplay, but behind character art work on the character select screen. Check gameplay videos and pay attention.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Speaking of the series icon, I just looked up a video of a demo match for SSB 3DS.

If the demo is anything to go by, the series icon is supposed to be behind the character portrait. Meaning that the leak and the Metal Sonic alt must be fake.

Of course, the devs could've decided to change that. So one of these must be fake at least...

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

How are player characters level 3,8, and 4? I don't really understand that. Wouldn't they just be CP's?

I guess it could be their tags lol

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
The series icons appear besides the player's numbers during gameplay, but behind character art work on the character select screen. Check gameplay videos and pay attention.
But there's no damage percentages on either of the two pics.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I want to play with you :). Come Smash 4 we will play together, I promise.
Edit: I also need to play with high level players to get ready for Smash 4 tournaments as well.
I'm just one of the worst training partners you can have if you like winning, but I'm not actually that good, just very adaptive / long term habit picker-uper-er
Hopefully an opportunity arises! I'm likely on a far away continent from you though =)

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So was that some crazy update or what? I'm so glad we're getting all these different musicians. I'm confident that the next Smash Bros's soundtrack will be better than Brawl's.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So was that some crazy update or what? I'm so glad we're getting all these different musicians. I'm confident that the next Smash Bros's soundtrack will be better than Brawl's.
iono about that

The issue with the smash series music I suppose is the lack of the intense/fightan game stuff as the majority or at least significant parts of music lists. That's kinda obvious, but I suppose most games only ever have one boss battle theme, and it's rare we get a really solid ambiance medley (like both OoT songs in Brawl) of entire soundtracks either (it's probably a lot of why smashville is also so pleasant to play on, those beats fit right in :p).

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
If that Metal Sonic alt. is legitimate, I'm totally second maining Sonic.
Metal Sonic alt?
Did you say... METAL SONIC ALT?
If this is a leak then I'll be going with my "guilty until proven innocent" way of thinking, but that's a shame because HOLY **** THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
:|
In that case I give it a B for effort. It's kind of impressive they got a video done on it but P4 before P3 with P3 being more orangey than it should be is a bit... eh.
I'D STILL LOVE FOR IT TO HAPPEN THOUGH

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
iono about that

The issue with the smash series music I suppose is the lack of the intense/fightan game stuff as the majority or at least significant parts of music lists. That's kinda obvious, but I suppose most games only ever have one boss battle theme, and it's rare we get a really solid ambiance medley (like both OoT songs in Brawl) of entire soundtracks either (it's probably a lot of why smashville is also so pleasant to play on, those beats fit right in :p).
I wouldn't worry too much about ambiance in tracks, we already have a bunch of new pleasant AC songs not to mention a fantastic remix of the Comet Observatory theme. As for intense themes, like I mentioned before, Yoko Shimomura is known for her intense songs in Xenoblade and even the Mario and Luigi series. For example, I find this pretty intense:

It's why I'm so pumped for her inclusion of one of the composers.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, I know xenoblade music, and I'm looking forward to it in Smash4. But here's the **** part, it's probably one stage only. One stage with like anywhere between 5-10 great songs while others get less "sporty" stuff :V

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yeah, I know xenoblade music, and I'm looking forward to it in Smash4. But here's the **** part, it's probably one stage only. One stage with like anywhere between 5-10 great songs while others get less "sporty" stuff :V
I understand how you're feeling. The intensity of Xenoblade's soundtrack feels like no other Nintendo franchise. However, most of the series represented in Smash aren't known for intense music, which is too bad. Hopefully, some songs will get intense remixes, or we'll get an intense theme for FD.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'm just one of the worst training partners you can have if you like winning, but I'm not actually that good, just very adaptive / long term habit picker-uper-er
Hopefully an opportunity arises! I'm likely on a far away continent from you though =)
Nah, I want to lose a lot, so I can learn from my mistakes and get better :). But as for the continent, eh I can deal with the lag. So long as it isn't completely unplayable.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Guys, Yoko Shimomura is working on music.

image.jpg

The website says he did music for Kingdom Hearts and Mario & Luigi, but there was something else big that he did...

I really, really, REALLY hope this song gets in.
It's the god of all fighting game songs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

View attachment 22628

The website says he did music for Kingdom Hearts and Mario & Luigi, but there was something else big that he did...

She also worked in Brawl and that song didn't make it.

And yes, Yoko Shimomura is a woman.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

View attachment 22628

And Xenoblade! But yeah Yoko Shimonura has to be my favorite video game composer of all time. She is so good! I really hope this song gets in

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's just a shame you have one Kirby stage with like 50 songs, fire emblem stage with 10ish great songs, Zelda and Donkey Kong stages with SOME OF THE BEST MUSIC IN THE GAME; but never played/heard due to NOT LEGAL STAGES. Then we have battlefield, with maybe 1 good remix of the "new" battlefield theme on there (I'm well over the melee theme), FD with the same thing. Smashville being nice but no mix ups/alterations in style.

I'm a very Aural "feeler", I vary play styles and play around the beat of a song (before I lost my SD card, my brawl custom music was the best, Super Robot Wars; **** YEAH [and anything else instrumental I ever spotted]). I honestly stopped playing Brawl once I lost that SD card, it really sucked going back to boring (in terms of fighting game) music while practising, haha. I'm sure Smash 4 will keep me captivated for a while, but it'll just be that extra bit sweeter if songs are spread around well. At least until the music hacks come in~

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

View attachment 22628

Heh. That'd be cool. I'm pretty sure that Yoko Shinomura is a girl though. I'm hoping that Setsuo Yamamoto(one of the Megaman and Final Fight artist)is one of the Capcom artist in this game too.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It's just a shame you have one Kirby stage with like 50 songs, fire emblem stage with 10ish great songs, Zelda and Donkey Kong stages with SOME OF THE BEST MUSIC IN THE GAME; but never played/heard due to NOT LEGAL STAGES. Then we have battlefield, with maybe 1 good remix of the "new" battlefield theme on there (I'm well over the melee theme), FD with the same thing. Smashville being nice but no mix ups/alterations in style.

I'm a very Aural "feeler", I vary play styles and play around the beat of a song (before I lost my SD card, my brawl custom music was the best, Super Robot Wars; **** YEAH [and anything else instrumental I ever spotted]). I honestly stopped playing Brawl once I lost that SD card, it really sucked going back to boring (in terms of fighting game) music while practising, haha. I'm sure Smash 4 will keep me captivated for a while, but it'll just be that extra bit sweeter if songs are spread around well. At least until the music hacks come in~
I hope the competitive community as a whole makes more liberal stages competitive. I mean, the Great Sea should have been a counter pick stage.

D

Deleted member

#NotPremium
#MyNameWasChangedSoIDontNeedPremiumAnymore

Eh, maybe I'll buy it again. Supporting the community is always a good thing.

I'll be SHAMONE forever though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom