• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Guys, remember this?

View attachment 22566

The evidence was here all along. I now fully accept and welcome Dark Pit in Smash Brothers.
He also has been hinted at multiple times.
I'm sure Dark Pit could work if Sakurai's determined about it. I would prefer Medusa, however, Sakurai has teased Dark Pit a few times (Figma pic, Dark Pit's theme at April Direct, Palutena's trailer and artwork) which is why I'm keeping my eyes on him. I think Dark Pit being an AT is out (we already have 2 KI ATs), and a Boss would be kinda awkward imo (due to his small size and how large ass Paletena's Temple is, but it's still possible, stage hazard could work as well). Costume would be the best scenario for me.
Keep in mind I said this before Lucina's reveal.

Makes sense to say that Dark Pit would have some role given the previous hints. Now, it's only a matter of time...

Date of the Figma tweet: April 29th, 2013

Last edited:

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
My sister downloaded Five Nights at Freddy's, so I played it for a while.

Mmm, I don't think it's a game for me, in a sense that I'm too impatient for it. Those animal monster things that pop up in cameras and in your room do look freaky (also goofy), yet I didn't get shocked too much when they appeared. I appreciate the game for what it's trying to do, as I do find it innovative. Interesting gameplay and lore.

Of course, what's scary does vary from person to person. Rather than "shocking" me (like jump-scares), in video games, I prefer if the horror is being portrayed in a more gradual (for lack of better word) sense, and can relate to me on an emotional and psychological level (especially mind****s, love those). I usually get more frightened and disturbed in those scenarios, especially if such horror themes are portrayed abstractly (and throw in some symbolism, I love that).... if I'm making any sense idk it's hard to explain.
The game is super easy to beat if you know how to.
Only use the camera to watch pirate cove.
Constantly check the door lights.
Wants foxy leaves pirate cove, close the left door.

Side note, if the door or light buttons don't work, that means one of them is in the room with you. Do not bring you the camera or you will instantly die.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Doing my first reading for class. Talks about Mario and The Legend of Zelda. Question about it on the quiz. Second class is just watching Youtube videos. My education is complete.

Get ready for college kiddies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Clone characters are the equivalent of extra chips in a potato chip bag. The only actual issue with them is that they got in and not new moveset characters, which is just jealousy in a nutshell. .-.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Clone characters are the equivalent of extra chips in a potato chip bag. The only actual issue with them is that they got in and not new moveset characters, which is just jealousy in a nutshell. .-.
No

They are the equivalent of someone offering you free food of something you don't like

It's free and you can eat it but it isn't going to be that great

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No

They are the equivalent of someone offering you free food of something you don't like

It's free and you can eat it but it isn't going to be that great
That's another way of looking at it, if you dislike clone characters.

The point is that it's something extra added into the game. *shrug* And that's about it. At least, that's how I look at it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is this weird thing in a couple Kamen riders where a character is in love with a girl that looks like their dead sister

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Is it bad that I suddenly want Slowpoke in Smash Bros. now?

(I can't believe that the Official Pokemon Company in Japan uploaded this)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://twitter.com/KariByron/status/502636618822733824

Tory Belleci, Grant Imahara, and Kari Byron are no longer with MythBusters...

Is a sad day.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo*deepbreath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Looks like its just Adam and Jamie again.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's Sakurai. He's gonna tease his pwecious babies from Uprising, even if we think Dark Pit ain't worth teasing. :troll:
I'll still be furious if he's a separate character despite me having Palutena. I just don't think a different colored Pit with meaner attitude deserves it, and KI is fine with just 2 playable representatives. Shame Phosphora wasn't playable because she coulda been an amazing lightning-fast electrifying character. She's okay as an Assist Trophy though.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The difference in users in this thread and the miiverse thread is amazing. to be expected but still.
this thread is nicer.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'll still be furious if he's a separate character despite me having Palutena. I just don't think a different colored Pit with meaner attitude deserves it, and KI is fine with just 2 playable representatives. Shame Phosphora wasn't playable because she coulda been an amazing lightning-fast electrifying character. She's okay as an Assist Trophy though.
I would be a bit more welcoming if Dark Pit were to be unique, however, with Lucina now I'm not really sure. I don't know much about the powers each character has in Uprising, but like, if Dark Pit's in, why not give him these to attack:

These claws look kinda cute... or maybe other claw weapons like these? They look pretty cool.

There's a lot of different weapons to go around, or am I wrong? I don't know how I'l feel if KI gets another character, however, I do prefer to see other KI characters before Dark Pit.

The difference in users in this thread and the miiverse thread is amazing. to be expected but still.
this thread is nicer.
See, I don't go on the miiverse thread too often, as when there's a PotD coming, there's so many users... it's crazy! But yeah, it's understandable lol.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
DP pretty much does everything Pit does, except different attitude and tone of voice, doesn't use the 3ST or GST, a few different other things I probably have forgotten (and doesn't kill gods. Pit does)
My other issue with him is that sure you can give him different weapons, but that's already partially Pit's gimmick with the Bow, Guardian Orbitars, and Upperdash Arm (in which I'm betting he'll use different weapon types for the Down-B and Side-B custom specials), and Palutena's about the Powers, doesn't make him much unique as far as KI characters go. It's for the better if he was an AT or Boss if not the unique alt costume for Pit that I'm speculating him to be.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I understand that Dark Pit is kinda like a fallen angel, however, I really wish they went a more original design than making him just a dark version of Pit, who even fights and acts like Pit. The "let's make an evil/dark clone of the protag" trope has been done a lot, and not all clones have to look identical to their original... Not that I'm trying to discredit Dark Pit... Oh wait, wth, think I am.

If Dark Pit indeed gets in, Blood Falcon better be playable. :awesome: Seriously, I don't see a problem keeping DP a palette swap just like Blood Falcon.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dear Kamen Rider OOO

I know Dinosaurs don't exist anymore

and unicorns don't exist

But someone that has the power to make dinosaur monsters =/= power to make unicorn monsters

Dinosaurs aren't mythical creatures

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases."

"Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!"

Also, Multi-Man Smash, X and Y Trainer Battle, and Full Steam Ahead from Spirit Tracks are available to listen to on the main site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom