• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Welp, I just finished marathoning both seasons of "Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated."

Hot DAMN, that was amazing! First time I've ever been legitimately engrossed in a Scooby show. I sure didn't expect things to escalate the way they did by the end of the first season to the entirety of the second, but man...What a wild ride. I enjoyed it the whole way through despite wanting to dropkick Shaggy and Fred in the mouth many times for certain reasons and decisions. Those of you who've watched it should have a good idea of what I'm talking about. Especially when it comes to Shaggy.

But yeah, that was so awesome. It's a real shame that the new upcoming show "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!" isn't going to be anything like it, much less a continuation. Oh well.

I'm still glad I watched it. <3
I'll admit, seeing commercials for it, it didn't look that interesting. However, after watching it, I can safely say it was a fantastic show. Easily better than the movies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Guys, remember this?

image.jpg

The evidence was here all along. I now fully accept and welcome Dark Pit in Smash Brothers.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Yeah. The handheld has like 44.14 million units in total. They may not be as big as the DS, but the sales of the 3DS are okay.
The 3DS is everywhere like you said. The Wii U has like, uh, 6.68 units sold?

Casual games, lol. Smartphones aren't as good as the consoles themselves when it comes to gaming.
I didn't say the 3DS numbers are bad really, just the past year. It had a really good late 2011-2012 in the US and 2011-2013 in Japan but it's clear that smartphones have eaten into the market, pretty scary. 3DS will go down as the worst-selling Nintendo handheld, easily.

Wii U everybody know it's doing extremely poorly, sadly.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I didn't say the 3DS numbers are bad really, just the past year. It had a really good late 2011-2012 in the US and 2011-2013 in Japan but it's clear that smartphones have eaten into the market, pretty scary. 3DS will go down as the worst-selling Nintendo handheld, easily.

:(

Soul.

I know you didn't. The sales are okay as of right now. Smartphones are the reason why handhelds are failing, even with games such as Pokémon. Smartphones still reign supreme over handheld consoles.
The 3DS' sales were bad in 2011-2012, yes. That could have been because the console didn't really have a "good" line-up at launch. Its sales could have been bad too because everyone had a DS at that time—games were still being released / in development for the DS.
And about the Wii U, I guess the majority isn't interested in it. It could be because they think it's another Wii...or that the games aren't appealing to the ones getting it.
If the 3DS doesn't start getting games that will actually sell, then yeah, it will be the worst-selling Nintendo handheld. Still has games, though, so..eh.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
True, but at the same time if Dark Pit is in Smash it would just be quicker to make him a Pit clone with a few differences and leave it at that.
I see your point, but I guess it would be quicker then to have the only difference be the range of their moves or something to that effect. After all, Lucina and Marth seem to have the same power and speed.

D

Deleted member

(Kinda spoiler for KIU)
Dark pit is an exact clone of pit. They're almost the exact same. Even When you play as dark pit, He plays exactly the same as pit.
And Dr. Mario is the same person as Mario, but the good doctor is still stronger and has better throws.
Like I said, in the context of Smash, it would be faster to make him a slower, stronger Pit clone, or something to that effect, rather than create a new character from the ground up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Episode 8 of Modoka...

What just happened?

At least I know who the main antagonist is now (or at least I'm pretty sure I know), but everything else just made it all more confusing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That sucks

Nick locked their videos

Now I can't see TMNT episodes online

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
My sister downloaded Five Nights at Freddy's, so I played it for a while.

Mmm, I don't think it's a game for me, in a sense that I'm too impatient for it. Those animal monster things that pop up in cameras and in your room do look freaky (also goofy), yet I didn't get shocked too much when they appeared. I appreciate the game for what it's trying to do, as I do find it innovative. Interesting gameplay and lore.

Of course, what's scary does vary from person to person. Rather than "shocking" me (like jump-scares), in video games, I prefer if the horror is being portrayed in a more gradual (for lack of better word) sense, and can relate to me on an emotional and psychological level (especially mind****s, love those). I usually get more frightened and disturbed in those scenarios, especially if such horror themes are portrayed abstractly (and throw in some symbolism, I love that).... if I'm making any sense idk it's hard to explain.

D

Deleted member

I could never watch 'em damn those regional locks.
That's something I dislike about YouTube or things like Hulu and Vevo. People from countries other than the United States should have an option to watch stuff online. It's not fair, to be honest, but oh well.

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
And Dr. Mario is the same person as Mario, but the good doctor is still stronger and has better throws.
Like I said, in the context of Smash, it would be faster to make him a slower, stronger Pit clone, or something to that effect, rather than create a new character from the ground up.
They could, and probably will Do this. I'm just saying it wouldn't make sense in the kid Icarus cannon.

Ughh, I hate clone characters. What's the point? It's just padding out the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom