• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For the love of everything holy and just, PUHLEAZE do yourself a huuuuuuuuge favor and watch Death Note subtitled. The dubbed version has been clinically proven to kill braincells!*

Smooth Criminal

*Really though, it's got some pretty awful voice acting. Granted it makes the infamous potato chip scene that much funnier, but...
If I recall, as a toss up, the general animation quality of the dub was improved.

Don't know if it became recursive and the sub later used that animation for a DVD release or something.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
And now I'm bothered by them translating "Shinigami" in the subtitles. You just can't win can you...
That reminds me, I hate when I'm watching Polemon subbed and the translators leave Pokemon names in Japanese, like having Charizard as Lizardon.

Not only are they acting like weaboos, they're trying to show off their knowledge, which gets obnoxious.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
That reminds me, I hate when I'm watching Polemon subbed and the translators leave Pokemon names in Japanese, like having Charizard as Lizardon.

Not only are they acting like weaboos, they're trying to show off their knowledge, which gets obnoxious.
Wow I thought I was the only one :/ that **** irks me

Morning b t dubs

D

Deleted member

Only Japanese names of Pokemon that I know are the ones that are playable in Smash and Snivy for some reason.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Guys can we talk about that weird stiff hump in Palutenas hair :c
Ehh, Palutena isn't designed to be realistic, unlike Samus, whose hair moves all nice and freely. It's the same problem with characters like Peach, Rosalina, and even Zelda, if I recall correctly. More time probably went into ZSS's hair than any of these characters combined.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Psst, have you heard the rumor about Little Mac and Samus? Some people have caught seeing them together talking, laughing and smiling. And I thought they had some beef with one another! I wonder what this means...

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Flash, why did they change the voice clip for Kirby's taunt back to the Brawl version?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Psst, have you heard the rumor about Little Mac and Samus? Some people have caught seeing them together talking, laughing and smiling. And I thought they had some beef with one another! I wonder what this means...
It means Little Mac X Samus is OTP
Or they're trying to launch an ambush while he other person's guard is down.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
"I love you too. Samus described" -some horrible fanfic, like metroid high school or sometin like that.

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Ehh, Palutena isn't designed to be realistic, unlike Samus, whose hair moves all nice and freely. It's the same problem with characters like Peach, Rosalina, and even Zelda, if I recall correctly. More time probably went into ZSS's hair than any of these characters combined.

Not that that's a bad thing.
Oh I was just not picking but Palutena seems realistic to me, well I guess as realistic as peach.. Nevermind lol

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If there's another disconfirmation tomorrow morning, here's my top 5 guesses on who it's gonna be.

5. Dr Eggman
4. Bandana Dee
3. Mach Rider
2. Chorus Kids
1. Dark Pit

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

...Wow, seriously? You're that anal?

Yes, how DARE they translate the Japanese version as, well, the Japanese version! How dare they do a mere fan-translation as their titles imply and not do a fan-localization! They automatically MUST be trying to make themselves look smarter versus simply keeping things as they are simply because they chose to and for consistency! What stuck-up nerds! What heathens!

Get over yourself, alright? Not everyone is some incredibly dumb sounding made-up label just because they don't do things the way you want. If you're that upset, just watch the English dubbed episodes when they come out instead. Not like there's anything ever wrong with them.

lolpolemon

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You keep your friends close, and you keep your enemies closer.
Exactly lol.

And if there ever was a Super Smash anime, they'd be smart if they try to use it to help promote those Amiibo figures. Sometimes cartoons do help sales of toys/games.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
...Wow, seriously? You're that anal?

Yes, how DARE they translate the Japanese version as, well, the Japanese version! How dare they do a mere fan-translation as their titles imply and not do a fan-localization! They automatically MUST be trying to make themselves look smarter versus simply keeping things as they are simply because they chose to and for consistency! What stuck-up nerds! What heathens!

Get over yourself, alright? Not everyone is some incredibly dumb sounding made-up label just because they don't do things the way you want. If you're that upset, just watch the English dubbed episodes when they come out instead. Not like there's anything ever wrong with them.

lolpolemon
That's a little harsh. I understand his complaint, if he's going to watch something which he wants to see in English, surely he'd want to see it in... English?

I personally agree subs are a waste of time but if he wants to watch something before it comes out dubbed then I think he has every right to complain, especially if the viewers don't understand what a Lizardon is (which I didn't before I read that post).

D

Deleted member

Marth leaked for Super Smash Bros 64??

Seems legit. I never knew Marth was left handed!

"PiK" makes it even more legit. I hear he also found leaks of Poo being planned for Brawl :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I already know a Super Smash Bros. anime would bomb by virtue of the amount of character they'd have to throw in, causing a quantity over quality situation. For example, stuff like Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Fatal Fury, and BlazBlue have tried to that and it always leads to that. Though keep in mind each anime adaption has it's own problems too, like BlazBlue: Alter Memory having cheap animation and a notable divergence of character while Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge has a cluster **** of a plot that lacks substance.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That's a little harsh. I understand his complaint, if he's going to watch something which he wants to see in English, surely he'd want to see it in... English?

I personally agree subs are a waste of time but if he wants to watch something before it comes out dubbed then I think he has every right to complain, especially if the viewers don't understand what a Lizardon is (which I didn't before I read that post).
What I said wasn't harsh in the slightest. It just didn't sugarcoat anything and try to sound pointlessly nice.

And it is in English. It merely doesn't use the English localized names. It's a translation, not a localization. Know the difference.

Subs aren't a waste of time in the slightest. Also, I'm not so much defending the way the groups do things (Namely the Pocket-Monster Fansubs group since they're really the only ones who sub the latest Pokemon episodes) and saying that their way is best and superior, but defending their right to sub it however they please. Complain all you want, as pointless and a waste of time as that is, that's not going to change the fact that they're going to do it the way they want because it's what they've decided. Acting like and entitled child, saying they have to do it the way he wants and throwing a rather pathetic sounding insult for good measure isn't going to get him far, change anything or be taken seriously.

As someone who has been watching their subs since Diamond & Pearl, sure, I actually agree that I wanted them to use the English names in their subs at first. I got over it and used to it however since I ended up getting used to knowing the names of Pokemon in 2 Pokedexes versus one. That, and after watching Pokemon Origins subtitled where it DID use the English names, it felt weird hearing them say one thing and there being something entirely different in the subtitles, but that's merely a personal feeling there. Probably because I know a moderate amount of Japanese and understand why a lot of the Japanese names are the way they are considering some of the puns they translate to.

tl;dr: There's no real reason to complain when he can just be patient and no look at the subs if he's going to be that picky. Don't know the English name for something? Look it up. You're old enough and smart enough, I hope. It's not like they fansub it and air it on TV for little kids who don't know any better or anything. Act your age and use your brain instead of whining like a baby and not doing anything yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom