• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm back!

Before I jump back into the madness, did @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht post any more parts of his story? :p
Not yet.

Writing-wise, I've been busy with the newly-minted SWF Writer's Lounge user group (along with other side projects). Which I recommend you join if you have any interest in writing.

Concerning TWOTT, if I haven't said it before, then allow me to announce that there will be six Acts in total. So there remain four parts (III through VI) to post. And as ever, I'll leave milestone reports in this thread. 8D

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I messed up my last post, but this was going to be the full message.

So, I didn't know about it, but google acquiring twitch really scares me now.

I watched streams of speedruns a lot before I touched TTYD where I kinda stopped. I knew about the Paper Mario series and games because I watched speedruns on PM64 (which I did play before, but didn't like it because not knowing how RPG works, was too young).

Then, that's when I heard about TTYD by watching almolicious (I'm still today a mod in his chat even tough he has a lot of mods).

Overall, I just loved the entertainment in general in a lot of games and this made me go nuts on a game that was just awesome to even go as far as glitch hunting it for 6 months. I still think it was one of my best experience in my life (I just like logic mainly programming one).

I seriously love this community for how much entertainment they give and already gave me while all streams relies on twitch.

Seeing google here makes me worried about this. I just want to remind you that it's on the same site that AGDQ and SGDQ which are the biggest speedruns marathon are being hosted. I don't want that to change, and I'm afraid that it could.

Please, I hope it will stay strong...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Google has because a poison. A festering wound.

Google is the perfect example of a humble merchant becoming an egotistical control freak.
They are the new Disney.

But at least Disney doesn't somehow ruin everything they acquire. The way they handled Lucasfilm was poor, sure...but it worked out great for Marvel.

But all of the big things Google has acquired...they have ruined for the users. Also, they are a bunch of scheming spies.

Soul.

Google is the perfect example of a humble merchant becoming an egotistical control freak.
They are the new Disney.

But at least Disney doesn't somehow ruin everything they acquire. The way they handled Lucasfilm was poor, sure...but it worked out great for Marvel.

But all of the big things Google has acquired...they have ruined for the users. Also, they are a bunch of scheming spies.
They ruin almost every single thing they acquire.
At least we have alternatives that shut down...right?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

They are the new Disney.

Which is why I'm scared now.

Back in the day, there was a fuss about a new layout that would remove html in long bio. Nobody cared but the speedrun community. It was more because of how they needed to have hyperlink like donations or sites to become broader as a community (there was one agdq that bring a lot of people into speedrun). Problem: it's a minority (kind of like people who play competitive smash, it's a minority, but should be acknowledged anyway).

It solved pretty well with twitch making statement about that they listened to them and did make some changes to satisfy everyone.

I'm serious, some would maybe quit if it didn't end that nicely.

Now, imagine if something like this happens with google.

I just don't want that it dies...

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If one major streaming service sells out, a new one will take it's place and people will go to that one.

D

Deleted member

If one major streaming service sells out, a new one will take it's place and people will go to that one.
And then sooner or later Google will offer billions of $$$ to acquire them (Lets be honest, you can't say no to a lot of money like this)

Google is just slowly becomin Skynet at this point

I'll be back....

SnuggleBubbler

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnuggleBubbler
Looks like we got a weekend PotD

"PotD. When attempting to play online without friends, normally you are presented with either 'For Fun' or 'For Glory' mode, however, when playing as The Hero Of The Blue Flames, Ike, you are presented with the exclusive 'For My Friends' mode."

Sorry, I was bored

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Welp, looks like Snake's not goin' down without a fight:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally started watching Death Note, and the first episode has my favorite part about dubbed anime; when your dub features an English Class.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
For the love of everything holy and just, PUHLEAZE do yourself a huuuuuuuuge favor and watch Death Note subtitled. The dubbed version has been clinically proven to kill braincells!*

Smooth Criminal

*Really though, it's got some pretty awful voice acting. Granted it makes the infamous potato chip scene that much funnier, but...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For the love of everything holy and just, PUHLEAZE do yourself a huuuuuuuuge favor and watch Death Note subtitled. The dubbed version has been clinically shown to kill braincells!*

Smooth Criminal

*Really though, it's got some pretty awful voice acting. Granted it makes the infamous potato chip scene that much funnier, but...
It's always funnier to watch the inferior version first. Then you can go back after watching it subbed and take the dub 100% less seriously, and laugh at yourself for ever taking the dub seriously!!

It worked with Madoka. I mean; "That was a bona-fide battle to the death for reelz?" Am I really supposed to take that seriously?

And need I mention

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'd support Funimation if they didn't set up a 50 foot Berlin Wall around their North American users.

It's one thing that I can't use their streaming services. It's another that they have videos exclusive to North American residents only.
Are they afraid of branching out or something? >.>

D

Deleted member

Aight, I found a site with it subbed. I don't feel like rewatching episode 1 though. makes more sense for them to be speaking japanese anyway

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'd support Funimation if they didn't set up a 50 foot Berlin Wall around their North American users.

It's one thing that I can't use their streaming services. It's another that they have videos exclusive to North American residents only.
Are they afraid of branching out or something? >.>
Everyone's afraid of change, even chameleons.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm finally inside Disney World Magic Kingdom. This is the hypest I've ever been since Friday's PotD.

I need to get my life reorganized...

D

Deleted member

And now I'm bothered by them translating "Shinigami" in the subtitles. You just can't win can you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom