• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Smash Brothers. Fight Attack is totally the best name.
Naw, let's keep it simple.

Wii U one should've been Super Smash Bros. PUNCH.
3DS one should've been Super Smash Bros. KICK.

Captain Falcon would be on both of the covers. Instant eyecatch.

D

Deleted member

Naw, let's keep it simple.

Wii U one should've been Super Smash Bros. PUNCH.
3DS one should've been Super Smash Bros. KICK.

Captain Falcon would be on both of the covers. Instant eyecatch.
If we're going by different names for each version, I always thought they could be called Super Smash Bros. Dimensions and Super Smash Bros. Universe.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If we're going by different names for each version, I always thought they could be called Super Smash Bros. Dimensions and Super Smash Bros. Universe.
I've said the exact same thing countless times in many threads.

That's literally exactly what the two games should've been called.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Exactly lol.

And if there ever was a Super Smash anime, they'd be smart if they try to use it to help promote those Amiibo figures. Sometimes cartoons do help sales of toys/games.
Oh, clever idea. Perhaps if there were a Smash anime, they would use the Amiibo figures to represent the characters on a tournament bracket. Just some food for thought.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I would like like the Subspace Emissary to be turned into an anime someday. *Flame Shield Up*

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
What I said wasn't harsh in the slightest. It just didn't sugarcoat anything and try to sound pointlessly nice.

And it is in English. It merely doesn't use the English localized names. It's a translation, not a localization. Know the difference.

Subs aren't a waste of time in the slightest. Also, I'm not so much defending the way the groups do things (Namely the Pocket-Monster Fansubs group since they're really the only ones who sub the latest Pokemon episodes) and saying that their way is best and superior, but defending their right to sub it however they please. Complain all you want, as pointless and a waste of time as that is, that's not going to change the fact that they're going to do it the way they want because it's what they've decided. Acting like and entitled child, saying they have to do it the way he wants and throwing a rather pathetic sounding insult for good measure isn't going to get him far, change anything or be taken seriously.

As someone who has been watching their subs since Diamond & Pearl, sure, I actually agree that I wanted them to use the English names in their subs at first. I got over it and used to it however since I ended up getting used to knowing the names of Pokemon in 2 Pokedexes versus one. That, and after watching Pokemon Origins subtitled where it DID use the English names, it felt weird hearing them say one thing and there being something entirely different in the subtitles, but that's merely a personal feeling there. Probably because I know a moderate amount of Japanese and understand why a lot of the Japanese names are the way they are considering some of the puns they translate to.

tl;dr: There's no real reason to complain when he can just be patient and no look at the subs if he's going to be that picky. Don't know the English name for something? Look it up. You're old enough and smart enough, I hope. It's not like they fansub it and air it on TV for little kids who don't know any better or anything. Act your age and use your brain instead of whining like a baby and not doing anything yourself.
It seems as though you're kinda misunderstanding the nature of the complaint. Or kind of blowing it up necessarily.
I kind of get it. It's not so much as a complaint towards the existence of the sub, but more-so just how the subbers present themselves by doing what they do in the way do it. I agree, it does sort of give off a certain seemingly negative vibe. A sort of "elitist," for lack of a better word, vibe.
A quote from Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged kind of helps where this is coming from:

Random Kid: "Hey, it's Jonochi! Jonochi-chan, I'm your biggest fan!"
Joey: "Sorry, kid, I think you got me confused with someone else."
Random Kid: "No, your name is Jonochi-chan. Your best friend is Honda-kun! I'm a fanboy, so I don't like to watch the dubbed episodes. Kome na sai."
("Jonochi" is indeed Joey's Japanese name.)

Okay, granted, that's more condescending than I mean to be, personally. But, my point is that it kind of gives off a similar vibe. "The original is superior because it's Japanese."
Or "the original is superior because it's the original."
Though, now that you've pointed it out, the fact that it's a "translation" and not a "localization," them sticking with the Japanese names rather than the already established English ones makes more sense, so pretty much all of what I just said is null and void since I now see why they actually do it. Haha!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, I would like like the Subspace Emissary to be turned into an anime someday. *Flame Shield Up*
Eh, I would mind it.
Then again, fighting games have had a history of crappy adaptations.

Also...
*throws water on shield*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You don't need a flame shield, you're a mod. :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I realised that tomorrow POTD might be stressful for me because it's PM64 14th anniversary in JP.

The problem is that it's good to NOT talk about it because of the tease.

Which make the wait kinda annoying. I hope it's like the last date.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I realised that tomorrow POTD might be stressful for me because it's PM64 14th anniversary in JP.

The problem is that it's good to NOT talk about it because of the tease.

Which make the wait kinda annoying. I hope it's like the last date.
It's an anniversary. As a MOTHER fan, I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'd like that too, honestly.

Then again, I'm content with the Dubspace Emissary. ¦D

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Would the anime include all the teeth grinding Intense Mode moments and the countless amount of continues it took to complete Intense?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
What I said wasn't harsh in the slightest. It just didn't sugarcoat anything and try to sound pointlessly nice.

And it is in English. It merely doesn't use the English localized names. It's a translation, not a localization. Know the difference.

Subs aren't a waste of time in the slightest. Also, I'm not so much defending the way the groups do things (Namely the Pocket-Monster Fansubs group since they're really the only ones who sub the latest Pokemon episodes) and saying that their way is best and superior, but defending their right to sub it however they please. Complain all you want, as pointless and a waste of time as that is, that's not going to change the fact that they're going to do it the way they want because it's what they've decided. Acting like and entitled child, saying they have to do it the way he wants and throwing a rather pathetic sounding insult for good measure isn't going to get him far, change anything or be taken seriously.

As someone who has been watching their subs since Diamond & Pearl, sure, I actually agree that I wanted them to use the English names in their subs at first. I got over it and used to it however since I ended up getting used to knowing the names of Pokemon in 2 Pokedexes versus one. That, and after watching Pokemon Origins subtitled where it DID use the English names, it felt weird hearing them say one thing and there being something entirely different in the subtitles, but that's merely a personal feeling there. Probably because I know a moderate amount of Japanese and understand why a lot of the Japanese names are the way they are considering some of the puns they translate to.

tl;dr: There's no real reason to complain when he can just be patient and no look at the subs if he's going to be that picky. Don't know the English name for something? it up. You're old enough and smart enough, I hope. It's not like they fansub it and air it on TV for little kids who don't know any better or anything. Act your age and use your brain instead of whining like a baby and not doing anything yourself.
I really apologize if I offended you, that wasn't my intent at all. I admit I throw around the term "weaboo" jokingly a bit too much. I'm a huge anime fan myself and normally prefer subs anyways.

See, I'm much more lenient with normal anime episodes because of how much effort it takes to roll them out quickly as well as the large amount of new Pokemon most people wouldn't recognize anyways.

I was just irked because I was watching Pokemon Origins subbed, and they were keeping names of iconic Pokemon everyone knows like Charizard and Blastoise. It came off as a bit know-it-allish.

So again, sorry if I offended you, and I rechecked everything I wrote to make sure I spelled Pokemon right.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think it would be cool of they made a Nintendo theme park in the vein of Disney Land. Miyamoto also said he was open to the idea.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That rant could of been said with literally a sentence.

"It's a translation, not an adaptation."
Everyone knows that one line responses never get the point across, but since we're gonna be anal about this~

It's a translation, not a localization. Know the difference.
I pretty much already said that anyway. <3

Holy crap. lol

...I'm not even sure if I should watch this...

*gets back to Dubspace*

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Everyone knows that one line responses never get the point across, but since we're gonna be anal about this~

I pretty much already said that anyway. <3

...I'm not even sure if I should watch this...

*gets back to Dubspace*
Come on man, I was just stating an opinion. I wasn't being anal about anything. Sorry if I acted like a spoiled entitled brat.

Or were you referring to the post above me? Either way, I guess this is my punishment for having an opinion on the internet. Like they say on GameFaqs, it might be time to close my account (sigh).

Last edited:

SnuggleBubbler

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnuggleBubbler
Hopefully if that happens, there would be a good StarFox attraction based on the StarWars thing they have at Disneyland.
The potential for a Luigi's Mansion themed haunted house is too high.... except that it probably wouldn't be scary, and so it'd probably be pointless except as something to walk around in.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Come on man, I was just stating an opinion. I wasn't being anal about anything. Sorry if I acted like a spoiled entitled brat.

Or were you referring to the post above me? Either way, I guess this is my punishment for having an opinion on the internet. Like they say on GameFaqs, it might be time to close my account (sigh).
He was referring to me.

And for the future

Anal - extremely or overly neat, careful, or precise
His word choice makes it sound like an insult, but it's just a bad word choice.

R0Y

Smash Master
He was referring to me.

And for the future

His word choice makes it sound like an insult, but it's just a bad word choice.
That's a bad word choice now? Anal-retentive is probably the safer choice, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom