• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I just found this pic;

It needs to happen.

I dunno what it is about the Axem Rangers but they are definitely my fave villains from any Mario game ever, to bad they were only in one. :L

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice Mega Man doesn't use anything from the BEST robot master, Cut Man???

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
So I just found this pic;

It needs to happen.

I dunno what it is about the Axem Rangers but they are definitely my fave villains from any Mario game ever, to bad they were only in one. :L
bleh, bad sprite comic is bad.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I can see Daisy becoming a semi-clone with the parasol move and possibly the counter B move, but she has some unique abilities that Sakurai could implement if he wanted to, like Crystal Smash, and stuff from Super Mario land like the Sky Pop or Super Ball. (even though she doesn't use those)

As for Pauline...I guess she could be a semi-clone by using a Mini-Mario/Pauline as a meat shield and she has her own parasol that she could use for recovery.

Rosalina could've also been a semi-clone by using a Luma as a meat shield, but it's not something she would do. (unless the Luma voluntary jumped in front of her to protect her friend)

I guess the obvious point is, many characters can be unique, but some are just more obvious clones than others in Sakurai's eyes.

I predict your avatar will be a Black Ballade tomorrow. :p

-----

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Aren't those Alvin Earthworm's sprites?

The comic creator stole them

andimidna

Smash Master
I never understood why people thought Rosalina could be a clone of Peach...
Because they are blonde royalty in dresses? Seriously?
If we actually compare their roles and Peach's moves to Rosalina's established abilities that makes no sense.
The ONLY similarity (JUST ONE) that the two share (regarding fighting) is the ability to float. Peach floats in Mario 2 and 3d World. Rosalina floats in SMG1, SMG2, and MKWii.
That's it, it ends there.
Rosalina has never touched a Toad.
Rosalina has never been in Mario Golf, so having a Golf Club would make 0 sense.
Rosalina has never been in Mario Tennis, so having a Tennis Racket would make 0 sense.
Rosalina with a frying pan? Really? Since when has she acted like the (negative) woman stereotype?
Rosalina spinning in a circle squealing "yes!" while a ribbon twirls around her? Did people actually think that was a possibility? It's probably a reference to ribbon dance game from Mario and Sonic Olympic Games, which Rosalina has never appeared in.
Rosalina swinging her hand up and a bunch of hearts flying around? That's never been her thing. She's not girly like that, and has never been asociated with hearts or love, unlike every other Mario female (human).
Rosalina swinging her butt, hurdling it forwards screaming "HA CHA!"???? WHO THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN? IF YOU DID... WHY.
Rosalina using turnips? Nope, she wasn't in Mario 2, which that is a reference to.
Rosalina using an umbrella/parasol? Nope, she's never touched one... never. Makes no sense to give her one now... that's Peach's thing.
Now lets go on to the float. Peach has a second jump as she holds her dress and floats in that position for a short period of time.
Whereas Rosalina commonly stays at a constant float at all times, and can float away by just jumping, she just keeps floating forever. It's like comparing Lucario's Aura to Mewtwo's. It's an aura. But it works differently, moves differently, takes different amounts of time to start, lasts different amounts of time, and has a different affect.

See the difference?
Whoever actually thought that Rosalina could possibly clone Peach AT ALL, I don't know what you were thinking. You must've really wanted no more Mario characters or a different Mario character to have ever said something as stupid as that. I didn't even go over how their roles as partner/helper/unlockable character differs from damsel/damsel/character from start. They've never played the same role in one game and share no moves.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
[snip]

Pinhead will tear Smash For apart
Thanks for your analysis. I will take your word to heart and watch Inferno at some point. :)

I saw some Zelda talk as well as I caught up.

The only handheld I've played was PH*** (I gave up during my nth visit to the Ocean Temple), and I only started gaming with the 3D era, so my top 5 are, conveniently enough, the following (in no particular order save MM, which comes first):

*MM*

OOT
WW
TP
SS

I'd be most interested in trying out LTTP and ALBW, and maybe trying Spirit Tracks. Though of course, this would require that I owned a handheld device.

***I've tried the original LoZ and Zelda II, but I haven't actually played them, if you catch my meaning.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So can Megaman's assist character be Kung-Fu Cutman? I think we would all like that.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
I'm betting on Megaman's assist being Proto Man. He comes down and makes everyone's ears explode with that wretched whistle.

My ears are bleeding already :D

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Being serious, I would imagine Protoman and Bass are the most likely for Megaman's assist character.

andimidna

Smash Master
Being serious, I would imagine Protoman and Bass are the most likely for Megaman's assist character.
I think it could be Zero and Protoman... I'm expecting 2.

EDIT:

I'm so glad they picked Rosalina, she's so freakin' epic.

What I'm a bit worried about:

Doesn't this look like it was redesigned to look like Mewtwo's? I'm sure it means nothing...

Actually looks like the new design also strays from some of the aspects Mewtwo's has too. Like the mixed spinning colors, being closer to a circle, and multiple lightning bolts...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh...look Diddy Kong's still around.

I guess I better prepare

Myself for his lovely posts

Partially because they..

Are some of my favorite insanity on this board.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Attack on Titan's opening theme is the new Guile's Theme. It goes with everything.

You are EXTREMELY late. That's the old fad now.

The new one is the Before My Body Is Dry/Don't Lose Your Way from Kill la Kill (Apparently) goes with everything.

Your mileage may vary, though.

Then again, the person responsible for Kill la Kill's soundtrack is the same one responsible for Attack on Titan's. XD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I typed "Sexy Impa" on google and got this

Other than that, there was only obese impa

I don't see how obese = sexy, but some people are messed in the head I guess

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I am probalby one of the only pepole who actually wants to see Impa...as for pepole who say Medusa should be in over Hades..well that gif you have explains it all
I like Hades, but I'd rather have Medusa. XD

Oh, hi Diddy Kong. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom