• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

Has anyone seen this? I heard there were pictures of this club, but i can't find them.

Also be careful this picture is cancer.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I hope you realize that you now have "sexy Impa" in your search history....
And why does that matter if he has his own laptop that no one else will ever use? ¦D

Seriously, search history jokes and comments always make me laugh at the people who make them. Learn to establish some goddamn privacy, people. XD

andimidna

Smash Master
I looked up "ugly Impa" and got her official artwork for OoT :awesome:

Also found this a few rows down:
Is the last one official artwork for the original Zelda? o.o

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Geno (Or Banjo) may have been considered for Brawl, and here's why I think so. We start off with this basic article from GDC '08 where Sakurai talks about characters. Well, he talks about more, but this is the only important piece to my theory:

The focus of the session was to talk about the character design of SSBB so Sakurai was eager to point out that in terms of character selection, the project was blessed with being able utilize characters from many other famous games. The lineup of characters was almost completely finalized in the initial planning stages which began in 2004. The team developed an oversized plan and created as much as they could, but there were always exceptions and Sega's Sonic was not part of the roster until 2007.

It was noted that the characters had to stand out and have unique move sets of their own. There needed to be a good balance of characters and even some of Nintendo's own characters could not appear due to licensing issues. Sakurai stated that in order to make the most of a character he was required to think long and hard early on in the design process as to what that specific character brought to the table.
The bolded, makes you wonder, who didn't show up in Brawl in any way, that Sakurai considers a Nintendo character? Hmm. Well, if we hop over to the Melee poll we can see that a certain doll is considered a Mario character by Sakurai, and a Bear is still a Nintendo character, at least at the time.

Super Mario series
(8) Geno (Mario RPG): 5

related to the Rare company
(2) Banjo & Kazooie: 18(3) Diddy Kong: 15
So, Sakurai did think these two characters were Nintendo characters. Wrack your brain and try to think of popular (Pre-Brawl) "Nintendo" characters that didn't show up in the final game in any way? These two are really the best choices.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Geno (Or Banjo) may have been considered for Brawl, and here's why I think so. We start off with this basic article from GDC '08 where Sakurai talks about characters. Well, he talks about more, but this is the only important piece to my theory:

The bolded, makes you wonder, who didn't show up in Brawl in any way, that Sakurai considers a Nintendo character? Hmm. Well, if we hop over to the Melee poll we can see that a certain doll is considered a Mario character by Sakurai, and a Bear is still a Nintendo character, at least at the time.

So, Sakurai did think these two characters were Nintendo characters. Wrack your brain and try to think of popular (Pre-Brawl) "Nintendo" characters that didn't show up in the final game in any way? These two are really the best choices.
That's nice. But it doesn't really help their chance of being added this time around, does it?

andimidna

Smash Master
In all seriousness, Impa is my 3rd most wanted Zelda character, and I don't dislike her, I just think her oldness is funny :awesome:
I support her after these amazing characters:

In Impa's 8 appearances, she's never racked up as many fans, or made as big of an impact on 1 game. These characters have such devoted fans, and I think that's what's more important alongside unique moveset potential. They should not be counted out of the running just for being in only one game so far.

I have a lot worse things in my search history
What's worse than that?... I'm uncomfortable...

Oh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Has anyone seen this? I heard there were pictures of this club, but i can't find them.

Rule 3 alone pretty much makes sure that no professional gamer would join, especially the part about no cursing or overly loud talking. I like watching professional Smash matches but I generally find the commentary to them to be insufferable for these reasons.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I can't believe I didn't notice this when I was a kid.....
Edit: Photo did not upload, but here it is now.
XD.jpeg

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I wana join just to piss these guys off
I'm actually going to take dance lessons to prefect my taunting technique.

And 1, And 2, And 1, And 2, And 1, And 2, And 1, And 2....

Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs? :awesome:

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Speaking of stuff that nobody cares about~ =D

Conversation between a very naive and innocent friend and I about Pokemon (Particularly Dittos):

Me: So I left my poor male Lucario in the daycare with a Ditto to breed tons of baby Riolus for over a month until I got a female one only to end up getting 3...I'm grateful to him, but the poor guy is probably traumatized now. ¦D;

Her: I'm sure he's...fine. He'll probably get over it! XD;

Me: No, we're talking about something that can mate with anything and everything, regardless of gender. The things he's seen cannot be unseen and what he's experienced cannot be undone. D:

Her: Well...I'm sure that he probably came to love the Ditto. :3

Me: *spoken in the deepest voice you can imagine* No, you don't "love" the Ditto. The Ditto "loves" you. ¦(

Her: ...o_O

Me: ...Wait a minute--Oh GOD! XD

And just from that, now my friend is afraid of catching, owning or even seeing a Ditto.

What have I done? She now sees Ditto as this tentacle beast breeding machine...Though that's not far from the truth. ¦D;

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of stuff that nobody cares about~ =D

Conversation between a very naive and innocent friend and I about Pokemon (Particularly Dittos):

Me: So I left my poor male Lucario in the daycare with a Ditto to breed tons of baby Riolus for over a month until I got a female one only to end up getting 3...I'm grateful to him, but the poor guy is probably traumatized now. ¦D;

Her: I'm sure he's...fine. He'll probably get over it! XD;

Me: No, we're talking about something that can mate with anything and everything, regardless of gender. The things he's seen cannot be unseen and what he's experienced cannot be undone. D:

Her: Well...I'm sure that he probably came to love the Ditto. :3

Me: *spoken in the deepest voice you can imagine* No, you don't "love" the Ditto. The Ditto "loves" you. ¦(

Her: ...o_O

Me: ...Wait a minute--Oh GOD! XD

And just from that, now my friend is afraid of catching, owning or even seeing a Ditto.

What have I done? She now sees Ditto as this tentacle beast breeding machine...Though that's not far from the truth. ¦D;
If you search right, you can find a comic of that very thing

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Things here have gotten strange. In other news, Devil May Cry's license got renewed. I wonder if they'll try and go back to the older series, given the reception the new one had with fans. Not entirely sure on that.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Things here have gotten strange.
Welcome to the Smash 4 Social Thread. =D

And always remember, Rule #1 of the Smash 4 Social Thread: Do not talk about Smash 4 in the Smash 4 Social Thread.

Rule #2 of the Smash 4 Social Thread: Do not talk about Smash 4 in the Smash 4 Social Thread.

Rule #3 of the Smash 4 Social Thread: Do not try to escape Impa in the Smash 4 Social Thread. It's impossible.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So has anyone tried to hit on a person of the opposite gender in Smashboards? That would be pretty funny. Get it? Pretty It's not funny, why do I even try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom