• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Nah, Kid Icarus doesn't need another rep. The fact that Nintendo didn't just come out and confirm Palutena when she was "leaked" pretty much proves it's fake.
This is Nintendo we are talking about now. Since when have they ever acknowledge leaks? lol If you're going to use Cranky Kong as an example, 1 coincident =/= truth. There are a lot more events the support the former rather the the latter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is Nintendo we are talking about now. Since when have they ever acknowledge leaks? lol If you're going to use Cranky Kong as an example, 1 coincident =/= truth. There are a lot more events the support the former rather the the latter.
Actually, they do sometimes. Saying it's not true.

Sakurai acknowledged the old SSB Universe thing, or at least implied that, since he said no actual work was done, thus invalidating that fake leak. I don't think he'll say anything about it, mostly since we know he's not doing well at all right now. He has no time for crap like that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Sakurai acknowledged the old SSB Universe thing, or at least implied that, since he said no actual work was done, thus invalidating that fake leak. I don't think he'll say anything about it, mostly since we know he's not doing well at all right now. He has no time for crap like that.
Implication =/= acknowledging. Let me put it another way, point black acknowledging a leak by pointing out the leak itself and blatantly saying it is false or real. I would also say it depends on the context at which he said that in, wherever he said it. He could just as easily just being telling people not to get too excited too early as the game hasn't been started on. :/

andimidna

Smash Master
I have. Ganondorf was a boring character with nothing worthwhile beyond the battles against him. There's nothing notable about his characterization. At all.

I would've been very happy if he wasn't in the game or he was properly put in with characterization. After Wind Waker, seeing a horribly made character like that just pissed me off. They actually made him notable after his flatness in OOT. Why did they screw it over in TP by turning him into a lame "I exist to be a bad guy" change? I mean, he's flatter than his OOT self, and that was quite flat. -_-;

Aren't all of the Ganondorfs the same? All 3? (Not Ganon)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

If I recall correctly, SSB Universe had like 15 newcomers but Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina were not in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes and No. They all have different models and characterizations. TP Ganondorf got flatter than his OOT version, but his WW version is different from either by having full characterization. I'm comparing their overall personalities and characters. Being the same person doesn't mean much since they act differently.

Implication =/= acknowledging. Let me put it another way, point black acknowledging a leak by pointing out the leak itself and blatantly saying it is false or real. I would also say it depends on the context at which he said that in, wherever he said it. He could just as easily just being telling people not to get too excited too early as the game hasn't been started on. :/
Not what I'm saying. The fact is, he did overall acknowledge by saying every leak was fake. That's all. Nintendo has no reason to acknowledge it, but Sakurai does, if anybody at all.

If I recall correctly, SSB Universe had like 15 newcomers but Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina were not in.
He said every leak was fake well before the first trailer, though. So of course the Universe thing was fake.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

At any rate, I'd suggest you both drop it and take some time to cool off.
I was upset? I don't recall that.

No, he's complaining about the characterization of the Ganondorf in the 3d Zeldas, even though story is unimportant in most Zelda games. I, for one, liked the Ganondorf twist in TP.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So, a few new characters added to J-Stars.

Hiei from Yuyu Hakusho, Ace from one Piece, and Killua from Hunter X Hunter are a few some people might recognize.

We also got Momotaro Tsurugi and Heihachi Edajima from Sakigake!! Otokojuku. Two more badass manga characters. (Better then anything from Bleach or nehritoe)

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
People have failed to explain this. They only proclaimed it was a guarantee because they are blond haired princesses, ignoring the actual characters.
People fail to realize she was never capable of being a clone of Peach in the first place. So it's not even a valid point.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That is not a screen KO. Mega Man looks so big because that is Ridley cosplaying as Mega Man.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Ganondorf had a dumb laugh in TP/SSBB.

Do you think that Sakurai would change Kirby Final Smash to the "Hypernova".

I really wish characters had more than one Final Smash...

You could stack Smash Balls and the super attack would upgrade.

The first Smash ball would be a Super Smash (LV 1), then an Ultra Smash (LV 2), then a Hyper Smash (LV 3), and finally a Final Smash. (LV 4)

Kirby's Cook attack would fit as an Ultra Smash (or Hyper Smash, seeing how it's hard to avoid) , while the Final Smash would be the Crash abillity.

I assume that's not the case for SSB4, though... It still looks like characters have only one Final Smash.

I could two per character, but could everybody seriously have more than two, let alone three?

Fun idea, though. I'd like two.
For characters like Mario, there's a lot of stuff to choose from, but for other characters, thinking of four different Final Smash attack ideas could be difficult. I'd also like two or maybe three for now.

----

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I could see two per character, but could everybody seriously have more than two, let alone three?

Fun idea, though. I'd like two per.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Ganondorf had a dumb laugh in TP/SSBB.

I really wish characters had more than one Final Smash...

You could stack Smash Balls and the super attack would upgrade.

The first Smash ball would be a Super Smash (LV 1), then an Ultra Smash (LV 2), then a Hyper Smash (LV 3), and finally a Final Smash. (LV 4)

Kirby's Cook attack would fit as an Ultra Smash (or Hyper Smash, seeing how it's hard to avoid) , while the Final Smash would be the Crash abillity.

I assume that's not the case for SSB4, though... It still looks like characters have only one Final Smash.

----
You mean like....Playstation all stars?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You mean like....Playstation all stars?
The only question I'm wondering is how would that work?
Unlike PSABR, this game doesn't revolve around Final Smashes. If anything, it's the exact opposite. IMO I see it as a "Super Flashy OHKO" and that's it.
Plus you can only have one on the field at a time. Not to mention they take quit a bit of damage.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
So, a few new characters added to J-Stars.

Hiei from Yuyu Hakusho, Ace from one Piece, and Killua from Hunter X Hunter are a few some people might recognize.

We also got Momotaro Tsurugi and Heihachi Edajima from Sakigake!! Otokojuku. Two more badass manga characters. (Better then anything from Bleach or nehritoe)
WHOA! Are you serious?! Ace and Killua?! I definitely need this game now.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I could see Fox and co. having a second Final Smash (Arwing, pretty much a stronger Dragoon) but as for everyone else idk. The fact that every Mario character's Final was made up just shows how hard it is to come up with ideas.

Also, (Scottish accent) Keep yar yuri ***t outta mah swamp! :hulk:

:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom