• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really don't care about statements like that without something backing it up.
Actually, according to Metacritic, the reviews for Twilight Princess are almost entirely positive, even on the user side.
In fact, Twilight Princess's average score is higher than most other Zelda games on the site.
Midna, herself has received much positive attention over the years. So, according to those facts, both of our points our probably true.

1. http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midna (the reception section has references to many points)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Really? I thought it was divided...
It might be a bit more than some people think.

A lot hated Ganondorf's appearance since he ruined what made Zant cool, being a unique and new final boss. Oh, wait...

Yeah, the final battles were fun, but that's all Ganondorf legitimately gave. He had almost no characterization as well beyond "I'm existing and evil". Even OOT had something as is. Still weak, but he actually did a lot during the events, like taking over the world and how he did it... and come WW, and he was a really awesome and unique Zelda villain. Beyond that, his other appearances were very low(or non-existent) on the characterization.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Nah, Kid Icarus doesn't need another rep. The fact that Nintendo didn't just come out and confirm Palutena when she was "leaked" pretty much proves it's fake.

I don't get why people bash the Oracle games for using the same engine but not ST. Even controlling Phantoms was possible in PH's multiplayer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, Kid Icarus doesn't need another rep. The fact that Nintendo didn't just come out and confirm Palutena when she was "leaked" pretty much proves it's fake.

I don't get why people bash the Oracle games for using the same engine but not ST. Even controlling Phantoms was possible in PH's multiplayer.
You mean Oracle games using LA's engine?

And we could use more Villains as is. Medusa has lots of potential anyway.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery

I would love to see another Kid Icures representative but honestly i don't think it is 100% likely but however i still think another KI Charcter has a got shot of getting in.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It might be a bit more than some people think.

A lot hated Ganondorf's appearance since he ruined what made Zant cool, being a unique and new final boss. Oh, wait...

Yeah, the final battles were fun, but that's all Ganondorf legitimately gave. He had almost no characterization as well beyond "I'm existing and evil". Even OOT had something as is. Still weak, but he actually did a lot during the events, like taking over the world and how he did it... and come WW, and he was a really awesome and unique Zelda villain. Beyond that, his other appearances were very low(or non-existent) on the characterization.
But isn't that what everyone wanted? A darker Zelda?
Remember? Everyone hated WW at first. They wanted the Gamecude tech demo. Or, Twilight Princess. Wasn't this the game everyone was excited for?
Irony at it's best...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But isn't that what everyone wanted? A darker Zelda?
Remember? Everyone hated WW at first. They wanted the Gamecude tech demo. Or, Twilight Princess. Wasn't this the game everyone was excited for?
Irony at it's best...
Ganondorf didn't even make it dark. Zant did that all by his lonesome. Ganondorf really didn't add anything to the story of use. Hell, it was dark by its own design. You could remove Ganondorf and it's be just as dark as before, maybe less by a tiny degree.

He suddenly is the reason Zant has power? Oh, that's lovely. Why not have another source? Ganondorf was as flat as Mario is in other games. And Wind Waker is actually pretty loved, once they stop complaining about the graphics. If it weren't for it, TP wouldn't even have that battle system, which was ripped straight from WW)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ganondorf didn't even make it dark. Zant did that all by his lonesome. Ganondorf really didn't add anything to the story of use. Hell, it was dark by its own design. You could remove Ganondorf and it's be just as dark as before, maybe less by a tiny degree.

He suddenly is the reason Zant has power? Oh, that's lovely. Why not have another source? Ganondorf was as flat as Mario is in other games. And Wind Waker is actually pretty loved, once they stop complaining about the graphics. If it weren't for it, TP wouldn't even have that battle system, which was ripped straight from WW)
I'm referring to Twilight Princess as a whole.
Remember E3? When they showed the trailer? Look at dat hype.
...Then come a couple years later after the release...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd say that version of Mario was less flat than TP Ganondorf. :awesome:

I'm referring to Twilight Princess as a whole.
Remember E3? When they showed the trailer? Look at dat hype.
...Then come a couple years later after the release...
Ah, gotcha. Agreed. An issue others brought up was the world itself. Why aren't there fences at the end of the field? There went your son. Welp. -_-

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Gaaack ack ack ack

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Every character played a role in that game
His role was honestly... "I exist and have power so you do". Real role, right? It sucked and he was the worst character(characterization-wise) in the game that mattered. Everybody else was really neat and unique but him. And yes, people hated how he was portrayed, with the only thing liked was the actual battles with him. That's his only redeeming point.
Gaaack ack ack ack
Had way more characterization than Ganondorf ever had(save Wind Waker). What's your point?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
His role was honestly... "I exist and have power so you do". Real role, right? It sucked and he was the worst character(characterization-wise) in the game that mattered. Everybody else was really neat and unique but him. And yes, people hated how he was portrayed, with the only thing liked was the actual battles with him. That's his only redeeming point.

Had way more characterization than Ganondorf ever had(save Wind Waker). What's your point?
Basically yes zant was the main antagonist but also ganon was the puppeteer pulling the strings in a way they both were the main antignonist in the game but in the end zant made sure he make him pay for being his "puppet" ahem if you beat the game

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Basically yes zant was the main antagonist but also ganon was the puppeteer pulling the strings in a way they both were the main antignonist in the game but in the end zant made sure he make him pay for being his "puppet" ahem if you beat the game
I have. Ganondorf was a boring character with nothing worthwhile beyond the battles against him. There's nothing notable about his characterization. At all.

I would've been very happy if he wasn't in the game or he was properly put in with characterization. After Wind Waker, seeing a horribly made character like that just pissed me off. They actually made him notable after his flatness in OOT. Why did they screw it over in TP by turning him into a lame "I exist to be a bad guy" change? I mean, he's flatter than his OOT self, and that was quite flat. -_-;

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I have. Ganondorf was a boring character with nothing worthwhile beyond the battles against him. There's nothing notable about his characterization. At all.
So this just didn't happen? Ganondorf isn't exactly known for his characterization, but this is still much more than we usually get of him (WW being the obvious exception).

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

I would've been very happy if he wasn't in the game or he was properly put in with characterization. After Wind Waker, seeing a horribly made character like that just pissed me off. They actually made him notable after his flatness in OOT. Why did they screw it over in TP by turning him into a lame "I exist to be a bad guy" change? I mean, he's flatter than his OOT self, and that was quite flat. -_-;
maaan i was surprise at the end of tp with zant and all also i liked wind waker more he felt idk right

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So this just didn't happen? Ganondorf isn't exactly known for his characterization, but this is still much more than we usually get of him (WW being the obvious exception).
Yeah, that wasn't much of note. "You can't kill me, but I can kill you." Real characterization? Psh. That was terrible. I remember that scene, and didn't find anything great about it at all. For the record, I would've gladly scrubbed that out of the game too to keep Zant interesting. Or at least give Ganondorf way more than that.

maaan i was surprise at the end of tp with zant and all also i liked wind waker more he felt idk right
I wasn't surprised at the end. Just disappointed that Ganondorf was the guy behind it. It honestly ruined the story for me. I enjoyed it up till that point. They should not have been connected at all, really.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Well, It's almost impossible to decipher your typing, sorry.
Well when you've got a crappy keyboard like mine it's pretty hard tell what you're trying to say and if you mean making since well sorry if i wasn't lol but you understand don't you?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well when you've got a crappy keyboard like mine it's pretty hard tell what you're trying to say and if you mean making since well sorry if i wasn't lol but understand don't you?
Um, yeah.

Count Bleck still could make for an interesting move-set..to be honest i am not a fan of Dimento
Can't agree with you there. Though, honestly, it's moot, because it's practically fact they won't be playable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Can't agree with you there. Though, honestly, it's moot, because it's practically fact they won't be playable.
How is it fact and not "I have my doubts, honestly"?

I even doubt we'll see a Paper Mario character, but it's hardly some fact they won't get in. We have no idea of the exact roster, so...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How is it fact and not "I have my doubts, honestly"?

I even doubt we'll see a Paper Mario character, but it's hardly some fact they won't get in. We have no idea of the exact roster, so...
The joke is that I constantly contradict people who claim such things as "facts" when they just mean it's unlikely to them.
So it is verbal irony. Also to emphasis that Paper Mario is represented so little that a playable character from the series seems like an impossibility.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Well, I just finished the anime I was watching, K On, and good Lord that ending brought me to tears. I decided to come here I feel a little better.

So what're we talking about, Ganon's characterization? Tbh, I've never given it much thought, but now that you bring it up, I actually have only seen Ganondorf as that big bad final boss, similar in vein to Bowser. However, he's still a lot more complex than most Nintendo villains. I liked Ocarina of Time's incarnation the best, as I got to see him through his entire journey of tricking the King and conquering Hyrule. Of course, I've never played TP, so I can't really judge him there...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The joke is that I constantly contradict people who claim such things as "facts" when they just mean it's unlikely to them.
So it is verbal irony. Also to emphasis that Paper Mario is represented so little that a playable character from the series seems like an impossibility.
Eh, still don't see it as impossible. Unlikely, sure.

Either way, your wording left us nothing to really debate with.

But if that's what you're trying to do, leave the irony aside and the "it's a fact" piece aside if you can. It's easier to say "I really really doubt it, due to the lackluster representation of the Paper Mario series in Melee/Brawl".

Also, we had a serious lackluster amount of stuff from the Animal Crossing series(even in Melee), and Villager was planned to be playable in Brawl(he never got a character file unlike some others). So... I'm not sure that claim is valid enough. Did Wii Fit come out before or after Brawl? I forget.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So Little Mac is like the opposite of Jigglypuff... he is good at grounded combat but terrible at aerial combat... she is terrible at grounded combat but good at aerial combat.

@ FlappyFalco FlappyFalco
I recommend waiting till March, that might be the day Palutena will be revealed.
Umm... but there's no Nintendo Direct next month?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Eh, still don't see it as impossible. Unlikely, sure.

Either way, your wording left us nothing to really debate with.

But if that's what you're trying to do, leave the irony aside and the "it's a fact" piece aside if you can. It's easier to say "I really really doubt it, due to the lackluster representation of the Paper Mario series in Melee/Brawl".

Also, we had a serious lackluster amount of stuff from the Animal Crossing series(even in Melee), and Villager was planned to be playable in Brawl(he never got a character file unlike some others). So... I'm not sure that claim is valid enough. Did Wii Fit come out before or after Brawl? I forget.
Didn't know it meant that much to you. The joke is Paper Mario is criminally under-represented in Smash Bros.

I'm not here to debate right now.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
So Little Mac is like the opposite of Jigglypuff... he is good at grounded combat but terrible at aerial combat... she is terrible at grounded combat but good at aerial combat.

Umm... but there's no Nintendo Direct next month?
I am just wondering...has that been confirmed..because i think we might see another Nintendo Direct next month

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Didn't know it meant that much to you. The joke is Paper Mario is criminally under-represented in Smash Bros.

I'm not here to debate right now.
"My opinion is fact" is just really a bad thing to push out and is really that damn annoying.

It also comes off often as trolling and should be avoided. Seriously, I'm asking to avoid it before some people get annoyed enough to actually reply back in a non-meaningful way.

Anyway, I would love to see better representation.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"My opinion is fact" is just really a bad thing to push out and is really that damn annoying.
It also comes off often as trolling and should be avoided. Seriously, I'm asking to avoid it before some people get annoyed enough to actually reply back in a non-meaningful way.
Anyway, I would love to see better representation.
You are taking an offhand way, way, way too seriously.
I'm not saying "my opinion is fact" I said "it is practically fact" which I used to mean "extremely likely".
You are criticizing me for the very thing I criticize people for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom