• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Up Tilt Grab *****. Thanks Jack and Kirby. I'll get good soon enough for the Sheik boards. This game is too hard though.

Van.

Smash Ace
what do you do when you're on FD vs. fox and its neutral and you're both above 100% and the fox is like 12 and at his second tournament but he's still better than you

soap

Smash Hero
bait out a sh nair and try and slap him or something. Lasers are kinda irrelevant at that point. Just push and wait for him to get antsy.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Ban FD.

I'm not far off thinking it's worse for sheik than PS, if the fox is prepared to avoid approaching. :(

That said, I tend to ban PS and gamble on them picking anything but FD.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
again fox i always strike fd as fast as possible.
i usually try to take foxes to dream land. idk if other sheiks like yoshi story better but i hate story because you cant short hop under the platforms when u need to, and low ceiling. i can camp them easier on dream land. and their punishes for my recovery are not as good because of the ceiling.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I think good stages are Battlefield and Dreamland. Maybe FoD if you like the stage, just because so few people enjoy playing on that stage.

I don't mind fighting Fox on FD with Sheik, I'm kinda curious why everyone seems to hate fighting on it as much as like say fighting him on PS.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I think good stages are Battlefield and Dreamland. Maybe FoD if you like the stage, just because so few people enjoy playing on that stage.

I don't mind fighting Fox on FD with Sheik, I'm kinda curious why everyone seems to hate fighting on it as much as like say fighting him on PS.
Fox wins the camp fest, and I find sheik struggles to approach or corner him effectively without platforms.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I would argue, that platforms actually benefit Fox for camping tbh. Sure, there are a few traps you can set up as the sheik but it gives fox an avenue of escape.

On FD, the only way to get past sheik is literally right through her. Or FH aerial over her.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
when i am recovering with sheik on fd. fox is on the ledge and i am forced to aim for stage and then proceed to get dair shine usmash. or just straight usmash. on any other stage besides pokemon i can choose to aim for the platform and have better chances. and foxes aerials are week compared to his usmash. also he can uthrow uair sheik pretty well on FD.

its not that bad for sheik that she cant do it but i would prefer a level with platforms

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
He can still very easily bair you and just wait until you can barely reach the stage.

Edgeguarding sheik is fairly easy an additional platform doesn't increase the difficultly all that much tbh.

Its not that good of a reason to dismiss FD as a playable stage vs Fox.

Soap - Jman is like 17 or 18 now LOL

Actually, lately I've started to feel like a lot of sheiks are just too comfortable with platforms available to them. To do like random wavelands and needle tricks and stuff, eh iunno. But I sorta feel like I answered my own question so lol.

*georgeH

Smash Rookie
general falcon advice needed: when falcon is on the ledge while I'm on stage how should I react? My friend usually ledgehops into nair or uair, if I shield or spotdodge then he grabs or gentlemans me, if I jump to nair or use needles I kind of have a 50/50 chance of getting the hit. any better options?

also, what are guarenteed setups against him? I've got tilts to grab/jabs and the good edgeguards, but could use a little more efficiency overall in the matchup

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Actually, lately I've started to feel like a lot of sheiks are just too comfortable with platforms available to them. To do like random wavelands and needle tricks and stuff, eh iunno. But I sorta feel like I answered my own question so lol.
When you first start using platforms it's like when you first learn not to approach first. Quick improved, but it soon gets figured out. Except it takes longer for them to catch on.

soap

Smash Hero
Soap - Jman is like 17 or 18 now LOL

ha ya I was just making a joke

I wass guilty of that platform spam like 3-4 years ago. I think it was pretty useful for me tho, cuz I learned when I was vulnerable and when it is actually useful; which is pretty situational.

Nothing wrong with experimenting during friendlies.

Top Bottom