• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If he's actually grabbing you first, you're timing poorly.

His nair is kind of tricky, though. There's a lot of little mixups he can do with it, and they all require different timings and things in order for you to counter them. I don't think shielding is really good against him at this point. Better to just move around and be evasive...

And to crouch a lot.

Blakey Boo

Smash Rookie
I looked over the guide carefully and I didnt find anything about this, so if it's already in there I iz sorreh.
I found a nifty trick you can do with Sheiks needles.
if you charge your needles up and save them, then when you're about to die go to Zelda. It turns out that if you die as Zelda, Sheik will keep all the needles she had charged before, then you can use respawn invincibilty to change back and boom, full needles right there. It's not the most practical thing ever and some people will find it worthless, but i thought it was neat so I just wanted to share it with people. Once again sorry if it's already on here, I made sure to look before i posted but something could have slipped by.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
A lot of sheik players do know about it. Its not really used because in order to do so you have to turn into Zelda. When you're on the spawn platform and you try to change back, you lose all your invincibility frames.

And don't be scared to post haha. Stuff gets recycled, its bound to happen since this game is so old and still being talked about.

Van.

Smash Ace
i think it would be pretty dope if we figured out how to leave the ledge, quickly needle turnaround and then ledgehope bair. I did it twice messing around on YS yesterday

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
i like it when you charge your needles, then hold z, and your needles are shown in your hand!

and when you change to zelda your needles that were visiable in your had are just floating there waiting for you to change back to sheik and use them.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Dear sheik boards,

How do you beat fox? He is very hard to grab, and attacks aren't safe on hit below 50%. I can beat foxes who are predictable, but when i play against good foxes I find I would almost rather be peach. At least peach doesn't get ***** by fox's CC. Help me with this dire problem.

Yours truly,
Dr. Count Sveeter Crumbs McGee Crazy Eyes "Captain of the Mother ****ing Ship" Gatorade Thompson

soap

Smash Hero
i think it would be pretty dope if we figured out how to leave the ledge, quickly needle turnaround and then ledgehope bair. I did it twice messing around on YS yesterday
I ledghop turn bair alot, what u r describing sounds like a needle turn scarjump from the ledge

Van.

Smash Ace
^ Scarjump involves a wall jump, which is not technically demanding, and very mediocre as sheik (pretty mediocre as falcon too imo). To be honest I have no clue how you thought i was talking about scarjumping, lol.

Ledgehopping bair is easier if you jump, THEN turnaroung, then bair, but that leaves you vulnerable for a while.

soap

Smash Hero
u can press down and up b and regrab with the first half. Not sure if its full invincibility tho.

I can dip my feet in the acid and regrab, but can't keep it going submerged

I use this regrab for edgeguarding Marth tho, u can scare him into a fastfall, then just edgehog

Kaffei

Smash Hero
u can press down and up b and regrab with the first half. Not sure if its full invincibility tho.

I can dip my feet in the acid and regrab, but can't keep it going submerged

I use this regrab for edgeguarding Marth tho, u can scare him into a fastfall, then just edgehog
It's not full invincible I tested it with a friend you can get daired by falcon

soap

Smash Hero
no its because you have to fastfall a bit to reach he point where the first half will regrab. This leaves a window of invulvnerability before the regrab.

The full stall you upb instantly and take all the ledge frames, carried over into upb invincibility.

If you upb instantly, then it goes too high to regrab.

Wake

Smash Master
Dear sheik boards,

How do you beat fox? He is very hard to grab, and attacks aren't safe on hit below 50%. I can beat foxes who are predictable, but when i play against good foxes I find I would almost rather be peach. At least peach doesn't get ***** by fox's CC. Help me with this dire problem.

Yours truly,
Dr. Count Sveeter Crumbs McGee Crazy Eyes "Captain of the Mother ****ing Ship" Gatorade Thompson
I haate fighting Fox with Sheik.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Dear sheik boards,

Yours truly,
Thats the hardest part about fighting fox. Adding percent is the biggest part of this match up. Its obviously hard to give you advice on something sorta vague. A lot of it is abusing your range, spacing is extremely important in this match up.

lol, next time I go to IL we could totally talk about it more =3

Teczero, you always have absolutely lovely avatars.
Why thank you =3c

It's not full invincible I tested it with a friend you can get daired by falcon
If you do it correctly you are completely invincible. You use your invincibility frames from the edge then the invincibility from the vanish takes over.

Watch iirc, Axe vs m2k from Zenith on Brinstar. m2k stalls out the lava at one point completely submerged.

666 pages .
More like page 250.

/40ppp

Anand

Smash Journeyman
If you do it correctly you are completely invincible. You use your invincibility frames from the edge then the invincibility from the vanish takes over.

Watch iirc, Axe vs m2k from Zenith on Brinstar. m2k stalls out the lava at one point completely submerged.
I think he meant if you regrab with the first part of up-B (that is, you don't do the poof), which is not what M2K was doing.

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
I hate to be that guy who reposts questions, but
I needle cancel with "z", is that okay? and what are the basics for sheik in doubles? (plus would gdorf make a good partner?)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Button use questions are usually always answered by "yes". Button use is personal preference, do whatever the eff feels good.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Your nairs oos seemed a bit slow (as in, the nair was not out as fast as possible). Makes a huge difference in how effective it is.

Be a bit greedier with your combos, especially if they aren't going to get killed by the fair. Racking up that extra damage is really important.

You seemed to spam dash attack a lot, especially when they can crouch cancel it, or even that it wouldn't force a tumble in the first place. Grabs or spaced aerials are much better.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Up tilt grab is MILES MILES MILES better than up tilt f-tilt at low percent on any character that up tilt grab actually works on.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
When I played Captain Jack last year (primarily using Fox) he did a really good job of baiting me into trying to approach from above by beating my SH attempts in various ways, then he'd just utilt->grab me for trying to full jump in or over him (or utilt->utilt->grab). Ever since then I've been a huge proponent. Utilt is like a ****ing vacuum. **** just pulls you in.

Speaking of whom, CJ says he might be going to Apex. o_O

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What characters can I chaingrab

G&W
Marth to like 30% if they DI away
Sheik
DK
Bowser
Falcon at like 100% sometimes idk
Ganon

Any else?