• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 13, 2015] ASL Presents: Hidden Power Bi-Monthlies (Mobile, Alabama)

Zone

Smash Champion
Sorry i ment get someone to agree to wobbling for a "money match" Not friendly. You should be allowed to do that whenever you want.

don't let David saying it's gay ever stop you from doing it lol.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Zone. I've been literally practicing Wobbling not-stop for a week now.
I kinda don't want people to hate me for Wobbling them, but I guess it's whatever.

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
the only person that should be mad is the person getting wobbled. ICs force someone to play extra careful and meticulous and people just dont wanna do that.

if you wobble me though i'm gonna hate you anyway because **** you

jk <3

Dron

Smash Apprentice
I think that wobbling should definitely not be banned, and I hope we keep it that way even if the Apex ruleset somehow changes

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
is there anyone that would be able to take the springs out of my L/R buttons at the tourney?
Yeah I have the triwing tool you have to use.
Don't tell people that you took the springs out though.. not every tournament allows it.

I don't think it's that big of an issue but i can't speak for everyone

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah I have the triwing tool you have to use.
Don't tell people that you took the springs out though.. not every tournament allows it.

I don't think it's that big of an issue but i can't speak for everyone
Apex Ruleset allows it; it's pretty widely accepted as ok.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
some controllers also have an additional plastic layer directly attached to the L/R button area that you have to remove with a normal Philips-head, although I'm not sure exactly which controllers have it and which don't

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
some controllers also have an additional plastic layer directly attached to the L/R button area that you have to remove with a normal Philips-head, although I'm not sure exactly which controllers have it and which don't
Fairly certain all official Nintendo controllers have it. Never seen one without them, and I feel like they're necessary to hold things in place.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
Fairly certain all official Nintendo controllers have it. Never seen one without them, and I feel like they're necessary to hold things in place.
I feel like only about half of the ones I've gone into have had them, but maybe they were just removed in a past life before I owned them

that said, the controllers without the plastic that I own have functioned perfectly to my knowledge, so I don't think it's necessary

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I have a 2nd job now fellas. So b looking for me to hold a tournament in a few months. Resist will b coming back

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
We need to talk to taylorhj and those guys

It would be cool if we could get them here for a Saturday hidden power tournament

Last edited:

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
We could do ehibition matches at the next tourny.
To figure out a top 8 for melee.
Or do a round robin for the people who want a ranking.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I doubt that happens. Melee is back in alabama, but not that hard. And exhibition matches 4 ranking. I don't know bout that 1.

@Taylor, those guys never travel, so I doubt they come.

Last edited:

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
It would have to be SOUTH Alabama power rankings since we can't get joot and moogle here. Pretty sure pikachad moved.

I doubt it would happen but if we get melee ranks I feel like it should be based on what they place on average at Alabama tournaments.

And they must participate in singles.

It would be easy if everyone in mobile still played.

Rag
Lakyle
James
Reshad

See that's the top four.

Well it could have been but the others quit. Wish they would come to hp

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I would love to do a Melee PR. But you are right on the money about the players being too divided. Joot and Moogle don't leave H'vile. Cheap doesn't leave B'ham. Wes stays in Tuscaloosa. Luis doesn't enter tournaments, and there are probably a ton of other players who would be viable. But we are the only ones consistently hosting tournaments.

So I don't think it's really possible. If we did a just Mobile Area PR we wouldn't be able to include any of those guys who haven't shown up. And if we are going to be so specific anyway why not go ahead and add in the Pensacola Crew? Get @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker and @ Zone Zone together to fight it out for an hour and it'll be done.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
We'll do exhibitions.
Because, no one has given any real reasons why we shouldn't.
So why would we not try?
Rag is clearly the best so it's a fight for second.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
Rag = Godlike
One time I did the freeze glitch to Rag, I gave him about 600%.
Then I unfroze him and he came back and four stocked me.
XD

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It would have to be SOUTH Alabama power rankings since we can't get joot and moogle here. Pretty sure pikachad moved.

I doubt it would happen but if we get melee ranks I feel like it should be based on what they place on average at Alabama tournaments.

And they must participate in singles.

It would be easy if everyone in mobile still played.

Rag
Lakyle
James
Reshad

See that's the top four.

Well it could have been but the others quit. Wish they would come to hp
Bull**** James is top 4.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
You guys should be able to beat lekile and James. They don't play at all. Brannon may b the only one who may have trouble. If we do one it may just have to be mobile and the panhandle area.

If it's south al

Rag, ryker, dron, Taylor or Mikey, whoever else

If the panhandle is included

Rice, rag, zone, ram, Ryker, dron, dinowulf, manko(cause he hasn't entered in so long).....whoever else.

Last edited:

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
I would love to do a Melee PR. But you are right on the money about the players being too divided. Joot and Moogle don't leave H'vile. Cheap doesn't leave B'ham. Wes stays in Tuscaloosa. Luis doesn't enter tournaments, and there are probably a ton of other players who would be viable. But we are the only ones consistently hosting tournaments.

So I don't think it's really possible. If we did a just Mobile Area PR we wouldn't be able to include any of those guys who haven't shown up. And if we are going to be so specific anyway why not go ahead and add in the Pensacola Crew? Get @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker and @ Zone Zone together to fight it out for an hour and it'll be done.
I think adding pcola would be a good idea. Floribama ranks..

Also Roboturner should be included due to the Mississippi scene being way smaller than it used to be.. and he is stuck between us and La

@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t I'm just interested in your opinion.. will who would be your top ten?

You can even use all of bama.. even reflex, wes, lakyle.. etc..

You have to make one too Ryker!

And for the record I think James is pretty good in his match ups.. he gets wrecked by troll characters though

ragnarock

Smash Lord
You guys should be able to beat lekile and James. They don't play at all. Brannon may b the only one who may have trouble. If we do one it may just have to be mobile and the panhandle area.

If it's south al

Rag, ryker, dron, Taylor or Mikey, whoever else

If the panhandle is included

Rice, rag, zone, ram, Ryker, dron, dinowulf, manko(cause he hasn't entered in so long).....whoever else.
If Drew and Alex(zone) fought it out. How long would they have to fight? If they had a slugfest and just play for a long time, Zone would win that cause he can still use mind games in stuff when sleepy and playing for a long period of time cause I played him 4 like 9 hrs straight b4. I'm better 4 a short period of time but he's better 4 a long period. And we can't 4 get ram or manko. I think the 4th spot could go to ryker, ram, dron, or manko(if he showed up). In my opinion there all somewhat even. If you count experience, then ram or manko should be 4th. But I feel Drew can beat them in a 3 out of 5 set. But if you talking about playing a bunch of matches then they may have the advantage. I think it'll b fair if they fought in a tournament senario.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
If we are gonna include me then I should be 4th/5th since I'm basically right next to Alabama and we are doing just south Alabama

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
I'd be fine with Floribama rankings for our consistent area. I was joking the other day about making a FL Power ranking thread, and disclude all of south FL. Since they don't rank David/Rice cuz they say he "hasn't been down here in forever" We make one where we say "they haven't been up here, literally.. NEVER"

Panhandle Rankings or w/e you guys want to call it, and I do think Robo Turner should be included as he mostly attends Mobile tournaments. Because isn't he like the only mississippi smasher?

For Melee IMO:
1.)Rice
2.)Ragnarok
3.)Zone
4.)Ram
5.)RoboTurner

6-10.) toss up of (No Idea what order)

Mankosuki
Dwulf(New Yorkshi)
Mikey
Wafe
Ryker

As for PM, I don't really know or care lol.

Top Bottom