• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Seizon Senryaku: Marth General

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
im not feeling any of that

down air felt like it came out faster or something, idk it felt a bit weirder but nothing else seemed to change

PfantzyPantz

Smash Rookie
Could Marth immediately shield from a dash before? I haven't played in a couple months but I don't think he could- he can now. - Apparently he could, but atleast he has that nice Dair buff!

Last edited:

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Down air spike is absurdly easy to land now. Guess no one likes to actually read posts.

Boomerang78

Smash Rookie
NNID
BoomerangFlash
Marth seems unchanged to me. I tested all that you mentioned, Zorai, and it seems to spike the same was it always has--both patch and pre-patch. His aerial mobility, his falling speed, his Dolphin Slash range and knockback, his shield breaker knockback and range, his upair landing lag... they're all the same. Maybe there's a SLIGHT change in frame data I can't see, but after testing things myself Marth is an unchanged beast.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lucina got damage buffs which I believe Marth did not receive in any way.
We may have actually just gotten a patch that made Lucina closer to Marth rather than buffing Marth at all, lol.

My confirmation bias thinks that DB may be faster to come out and nair may have lower ending lag (up air is meant to be 1 frame slower landing lag before).
Down Throw trajectory looks different too.
Dolphin Slash may have better knock back, nothing else seems different though.

Akira213

Smash Cadet
Lucina got damage buffs which I believe Marth did not receive in any way.
We may have actually just gotten a patch that made Lucina closer to Marth rather than buffing Marth at all, lol.

My confirmation bias thinks that DB may be faster to come out and nair may have lower ending lag (up air is meant to be 1 frame slower landing lag before).
Down Throw trajectory looks different too.
Dolphin Slash may have better knock back, nothing else seems different though.
I don't think its just you, I felt like Dancing Blade was faster as well. That was the only difference I could really notice though. I don't know about Lucina.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I can't confirm about Lucina, but can state that I also feel d-air got massively buffed. Still landing lag, but significantly less, maybe it's just placebo, though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lucina had definite damage buffs on her fair, down tilt, fsmash, dsmash and shieldbreaker.

Also I'm going to have to echo that down air has less lag than before... how did I not notice it earlier lol (guess I was looking at its auto cancel more than landing it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
MARTH HAS BEEN BUFFED:

Things I have discovered so far:

-DOWN AIR IS GODLY
-Increased range on shieldbreaker with more kill power!
-Very slightly increased range on fsmash?
-Less lag on upair landing?
-Dolphin Slash has increased hitbox and knockback!
-More aerial mobility / faster fall speed???

HOLY **** GUYS
Don't **** me okay!? Are you joking around?

I'm not home so no Wii U so please guys check the end lag on his moves and the autocancel. And fair landing lag.

Last edited:

Boomerang78

Smash Rookie
NNID
BoomerangFlash
I can't confirm about Lucina, but can state that I also feel d-air got massively buffed. Still landing lag, but significantly less, maybe it's just placebo, though.
Down air has the same amount of landing lag.

Lucina had definite damage buffs on her fair, down tilt, fsmash, dsmash and shieldbreaker.

Also I'm going to have to echo that down air has less lag than before... how did I not notice it earlier lol (guess I was looking at its auto cancel more than landing it).
Fair deals the same amount of damage (8%), though I've had instances of 9% on both patch and pre-patch versions. Fsmash deals the same damage (14-15%). Down smash's second hit seems to consistently hit for 1% more damage but that might just be an error on my part. Shield Breaker deals like 2% more damage.

And no, unfortunately, Zorai is incorrect on those changes. I tested them myself and unless the differences are miniscule to the point of being unseeable to the human eye or the frame data is SLIGHTLY different, Marth is unchanged.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
So far this patch is looking pretty disappointing. I don't really notice much difference with Marth, Falcon, Diddy, or Shiek. Maybe some of the other characters got more noticeable changes that they deserved to have changed.

Hickz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hickz_31
Has anyone commented on Marth's u-tilt? Its range seems to have expanded, so he can hit characters behind him

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Now that I'm home, I'm going to use my non-patched Wii-U version and my patched 3DS version to test out any differences.

If there aren't any, well I'm glad I didn't expect much in the first place. I definitely FEEL a d-air buff and a DB buff but again could be placebo.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
lol my friend uploaded a replay of me getting bodied from like a month and a half ago.

https://youtu.be/btMqrOIOLz4

Also can someone tell me how you put a video in your post and you can just watch the video straight from the post instead of following a link? I don't see anything to attach a file and I don't really know much about the othr options for posting on forums since I don't use forums besides Smashboards that much.

Last edited:

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
I am such a frantic, schizophrenic player and sometimes that works brilliantly with Marth as his powerful kamikaze style usually gets the better of my opponent. But parts of my game are woeful and I'm not sure how to change it. My punish game is extremely poor and I want to nail the spike more often. I feel like a complete noob trying to set it up. I found my fair was too inconsistent when following them off stage so I use a nair and try to get back to stage quickly to do a fair while they're still recovering. I think my strengths are my dancing blade use, particularly in the air it can be useful to keep them away, and similarly the neutral b is very useful, even just hitting it for as little charging time as possible will hit them unexpectedly and you can follow that up with anything. I'd like to be better at combos after a grab too, combos in general really. I guess I'd like to ask what are some basic combos I can start trying to nail so I have a decent foundation? Also what's a better way to nail the spike, better than just jumping over them and trying to hit it..?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Is this still the thread to go to for good anime recommendations?

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Is this still the thread to go to for good anime recommendations?
I don't really watch anime that much, but I just got back into watching it and I would have to say Fate/stay Night is pretty good from what I have watched so far. I think @ Locuan Locuan and @ Shaya Shaya know the most about anime out of all of us here lol. In fact can you guys recommend an anime for me to watch besides Fate/stay Night? I don't wanna watch the original since I hear it has not aged well and the Unlimited Blade Works version I am watching currently is not over yet. I really only like anime where there is a lot of fights, action, and have a good story without using a **** ton of fanservice and boobies to distract from how bad the anime actually is, but I don't mind having a LITTLE bit of fanservice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Last edited:

Reizilla

@ Shaya Shaya can help :p
Akagi
Code Geass
TTGL
STEIN'S GATE

:227:
Stein's Gate is one of my all-time favorites. Giant robots aren't really my thing, but I'll look into the other two for sure.

I don't really watch anime that much, but I just got back into watching it and I would have to say Fate/stay Night is pretty good from what I have watched so far. I think @ Locuan Locuan and @ Shaya Shaya know the most about anime out of all of us here lol. In fact can you guys recommend an anime for me to watch besides Fate/stay Night? I don't wanna watch the original since I hear it has not aged well and the Unlimited Blade Works version I am watching currently is not over yet.
Is that one a continuation of Fate/Zero? I liked that one.

Reizilla

I thought they auto-merged... It's no fun bothering mods that aren't Shaya.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Stein's Gate is one of my all-time favorites. Giant robots aren't really my thing, but I'll look into the other two for sure.

Is that one a continuation of Fate/Zero? I liked that one.
Well the original Fate/stay Night came out back in 2006 I believe (Never watched the original), but now there is new one that is basically what Dragon Ball Z Kai SHOULD have ended up looking like. Also yes it is a continuation, but Fate/Zero(I am planning on watching Fate/Zero after finishing stay night) is a prequel to stay night since the original came first.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I don't care much for watching anime since I treat anime just like normal cartoons and I have high standards.

If you never watch FMA:B though your heart will have a gaping hole. It's absolutely beautiful and is the epitome of a great anime series. :3

Last edited:

Reizilla

Nisekoi my reizilla boi.
Thank you, father Shaya

I don't care much for watching anime since I treat anime just like normal cartoons and I have high standards.

If you never watch FMA:B though your heart will have a gaping hole. It's absolutely beautiful and is the epitome of a great anime series. :3
Is the first FMA a requirement for that?

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings

Is that the actual name or is that just an acronym? I also have somewhat high standards for the anime I watch. I stopped watching anime for such a long time, because I just got so tired of all the damn cliches.

Honestly the last anime I really watched for the first time before getting back into it was Sword Art Online, and I liked it for a while but after like 5 episodes some of its flaws became apparent and the end of the first season just made me so pissed, because the ending of it was just SOOO BAD and they made the main character get a new girlfriend like every 2 episodes, if the girl he met didn't die within the next 2-3 episodes she just wont ever show up or be mentioned again without ever having any sort of important role. So yeah IMO Sword Art Online (At least the first season I have not and probably never will watch season 2) is booty butt cheeks.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I've always wanted to get into fate stay night/zero/whatever but don't know what's first/last/prequel.

What's the best order to watch the series in?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It kinda doesn't matter, almost.

Fate Stay/Night came out before Fate/Zero.
Fate/Zero is a prequel though.

A lot of character interactions or questions from FSN get "revealed" in fate/zero. However, if you're talking about anime only, it really doesn't matter I think. FSN was originally a game and has not had an anime edition yet that really accurately covers and fleshes out "everything". People I know who watched Fate/Zero first, thanks to its directorial decisions haven't necessarily lost out.

If you go through Fate/Zero first you may end up being slightly disappointed in FSN, which was critically a messier work (It was Type-Moon's debut work as a non-doujinshi organisation). Fate/Zero only has one course of events, while characterisation and universal details were spread out throughout the multiple routes of the game (the FSN anime right now is the second route of the game).

Realistically, I feel like I get the most enjoyment out of these anime because of having read the source material and also having had to deal with previous DEAN emasculations which were awful.

All you need to know is Red Saber is best Saber.
1323893601797.jpg

Last edited:

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Been playing against a lot of the nerfed Diddy lately. I believe Marth's arsenal is extremely effective against him now that his grab game is really just his means of getting us in the air. I've lived to 150%+ against the new Diddy plenty of times. Marth laughs in the face of his single use banana now, and we can swat his side b with ease. Diddy's only solid option in the neutral against us is fair, which will definitely stuff our aerials at a certain range, so just respect fair and he won't be able to break your zone unless you let a dash grab sneak on by.

Marth's down tilt is a safe poke cause Diddy's fair can't hit us afterwards. Down tilt is amazing against Diddy dashing towards you because it covers both of his common options (dash grab and fair). Also I'm not sure if dtilt has always been this way, but it has more range than jab and fsmash now. I honestly might start running tilt-stick Marth for dtilt/uptilt oos while having tap jump on for reverse up b oos.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Warning Received
Fate/Extra Saber so good, wish they'd localize F/E CCC already but the fan translation got cancelled so #sadness

<Removed Image>

Also this is a thing

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ JingleJangleJamil JingleJangleJamil FMA:B is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It might have some anime cliches, but it is handled well and it doesn't end up transitioning to the suffering of the plot. The story is well written, has a concrete ending, with next to zero bs plot devices.

It's the pinnacle of a good series, imo, and I wish more animes/mangas now could compete with the level and I may or less watch newer anime.
Oh, and no, you don't need to watch the original FMA. They transition into 2 very different plots so watching the original FMA won't help you with Brotherhood.

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Been playing against a lot of the nerfed Diddy lately. I believe Marth's arsenal is extremely effective against him now that his grab game is really just his means of getting us in the air. I've lived to 150%+ against the new Diddy plenty of times. Marth laughs in the face of his single use banana now, and we can swat his side b with ease. Diddy's only solid option in the neutral against us is fair, which will definitely stuff our aerials at a certain range, so just respect fair and he won't be able to break your zone unless you let a dash grab sneak on by.

Marth's down tilt is a safe poke cause Diddy's fair can't hit us afterwards. Down tilt is amazing against Diddy dashing towards you because it covers both of his common options (dash grab and fair). Also I'm not sure if dtilt has always been this way, but it has more range than jab and fsmash now. I honestly might start running tilt-stick Marth for dtilt/uptilt oos while having tap jump on for reverse up b oos.
lol I once made a joke with my friend saying whenever I see Diddy pull out a banana I'm like: "I don't **** with yoouuu!"

@ JingleJangleJamil JingleJangleJamil FMA:B is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It might have some anime cliches, but it is handled well and it doesn't end up transitioning to the suffering of the plot. The story is well written, has a concrete ending, with next to zero bs plot devices.

It's the pinnacle of a good series, imo, and I wish more animes/mangas now could compete with the level and I may or less watch newer anime.
Oh, and no, you don't need to watch the original FMA. They transition into 2 very different plots so watching the original FMA won't help you with Brotherhood.
Oh I feel kind of dumb now. I have never really payed attention to FMA:B when watching it on Adult Swim, but I always wanted to watch it. What is better the sub or the dub?

I've always wanted to get into fate stay night/zero/whatever but don't know what's first/last/prequel.

What's the best order to watch the series in?
I hear a lot of people say to watch Fate/stay Night first, because they say some things in Fate/Zero won't make sense and you might be disappointed with Fate/stay Night if you watch Fate/Zero first.

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Am I really seeing someone recommend a dubbed version of an anime??? Never before.
Well if you ask a DBZ fan like me if you should watch DBZ subbed or dubbed I think almost everyone would say dubbed. Honestly FUNimation dubs of almost any anime are generally pretty good and might even be better than the sub.

Last edited:
Top Bottom