• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I only have full results for Brawl so Dante must post the results for Melee soon. Full results should be posted by tomorrow. Andymosity won Melee singles, Dante Fox and Metal Reflect Slime won Melee double, SRK and Vicegrip won Brawl Double, and Brawl singles is still continuing.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
here are the results for the melee tournament:

Doubles Results:

1: Santa Barbara Reset (Huy + Dante)
2: Andy and $heen (Andy + Sheen)
3: Slapping Machine (Cape + Joe)
4: Channel Juan on Cable on Television (Juan23 + Cho)
5: Peter and Jeff (Peter + Jeff)
5: We Drove 90 Miles to get our car antenna stolen while eating Korean BBQ (Willy + Steve)
7: Fox (Stefan + Chris)
7: Better Than the Awesome Davids (Andrej + John)
9: Undecided (Marty + Ray)
9: Corkscrew (Aaron + Eric)
9: Awesome Davids (David M + David C)
13: We don't play this game (Eric + Junk)
13: Team Sheik-Achu (Amanda + Rebecca)

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3909/meleedoublesbracket1120.gif

Singles Results:

1: Andy
2: $heen
3: Jeff
4: DanteFox
5: Master Helmet
5: Metal Reflect Slime
7: Marty
7: ICU
9: John (Shiek)
9: CableCho
9: Luckless
9: Juan23
13: Corn
13: Stev
13: ViceGrip
13: Michael
17: Warpstatus
17: Kenny
17: TAS
17: Junk
17: Spicy Crab
17: Robert
17: Dr. Awesome
17: Israel
25: Stefan
25: A2ZOMG

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8211/meleesinglesbracket1120.gif

Congrats to our winners, hope to see you guys again soon.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Hey sorry I was pretty busy so I saw the text but couldn't reply at the time. Then I just forgot about lol. And peach vs samus is **** for you. It's like the one matchup she doesn't have to camp

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
K. Also why did you and Juan leave early? Did Andy and $heen beat Cape / Helmet in loser's bracket or did Cape / Helmet forfeited? I thought it was weird that I received $9.50. I actually didn't know :peach: versus :samus: was in :peach: 's favor. I played against Darell from Northern California a few times and his :samus: beated my :peach: a lot. Also Falcomist used :sheik: against Darell in this one tournament. It was at an Ownapalooza.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Dante did a horrible job seeding the brackets. Everytime I offer him tips in seeding, designing pay out structures, using Swiss, running the tournament in general, etc. he would say something along the lines of: "Well this isn't your tournament, Huy."

:facepalm:

Stev

Smash Ace
Steve should get training from Brian. :) Also does anyone think Caleb ran out of texts when I texted him? Steve still held is own in crews / teams though.
Brian's been super busy this quarter. I've prolly only played him for about an hour since the quarter started. Either way, I was playing a LOT better on Wednesday. No Johns tho. I'll step it up next time.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Dante should have seeded by skill by using features from the TIO program itself similar to David. Also SLO should have been seeds in teams so that the only way they would play each other would be in WF, GF, or LF. I know how to do this.

:212:

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
Why do all Brawlers not go on here! Darn AiB with it's worthless taking of the masses and making them a blogging facebook group!
hahaha i shuld come here more often, the stuff i read here is funny

It wouldn't be fair just to ask Caleb to pitch in and not everyone else, so in the future, David should ask a general consensus for the demand on food before bringing the food. Also John and I are not pitching in money for any food related costs for Smash Club in the future. John and I pitched in $10 each for the sushi and this one new guy took like 12 pieces. I was playing Melee on the couch and turned around and I was like WTF. In the future Smash Club should use the club money to get food not from John and me. :mad:
this is rly funny... i wanna try the sushi anthony makes tho...

Also SRK / Jun didn't get to play their set at the venue. :(
jun said something like, jun beat him in something finals and bright was too tired to play him again in grand finals so he forfeited it to jun so jun won.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Fun tourney last night guys. I did better than I expected actually. 13th means I'm improving, at least a little bit. Andy's Samus was a beast

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament.
Good **** to my boys at SLO for winning the crew battle.
Good **** SB for holding it down in doubles.

DantePuff - Thanks for hosting :)
Sheen - you would've won this tournament if you had just gone marth -_-
Stev - you know whatchu gotta do
Willie - you're peach is a boss
ViceGrip - you're a cool dude. same with your homie
MRS - i wanna play your peach lol
Juan - samus ftw. I'll put you in the official samus player list
A2Z - i have a feeling that if you just went like fox or marth or something you would ****
Jeff - the next jeff
dr awesome - did you take a video of this? i wanna see
Helmet - the next kage
crash - where you at
caleb - i wanna play your falco more
tony guacamole - make a smashboards account!
dr. mario guy - you're cool. we needed to play more friendlies

can't remember much else ill update later.

also, VIDEOS!!

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Dante - good job running melee at least when you were, it was way smooth for how many events were going on
A2Z - even better job running tournaments, way to keep up with four tournaments while doing doubles in two events at the same time dude!
Warp - good job in Brawl, you're amazing with ZSS, too bad in melee though >:D
Curds - INTENSE ****, you still got it though...improved I would even go as far to say
Jun - Warp was carrying you in teams from what I saw, all that Snake practice is killing your D3 in dubs!
But that Snake was on fire, I liked it, and your Marth was still as solid if not more solid than usual
Duncan and Sam - solid pikachus
Kyle and Tyler - sorry my notes really did help me, I'll be using them in the future as well
Rest of Melee - good **** you guys were on top of your game, surprisingly less friendly than...
Rest of Brawl - lots of fun playing with you all, had the most intense matches of my life!

3rd Brawl Dubs, 5th Brawl Singles
7th Melee Dubs, 9th Melee Singles

I placed DECENT in Melee! YAY!

David and Andre, you were AMAZING teammates. I loved your Ken combo win Andre. We had fun >:D
David, you were solid on the team combos though I seldom thought to help you pull them off. Good work.

Will these results be on AiB somehow by any chance?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly I felt like I played kinda poorly at the LAN party. Next time I host a tournament like this...I'm not entering anything unless at least one other person is around to help host. It's too much of a hassle to manage multiple tournaments AND be present for matches. Having everyone enjoy a smooth event has priority next time I run something like this.

Shoutouts:
JohnZ (Crackle): Great games in doubles. Next time we'll do better! I know that for sure.
Dr. Awesome (David): It was an off day for both of us. I know we have potential, and next time we'll beat Warpstatus for sure. =)
ICU (Andrej): I ****ed up. But ggs man. You're one of the nicest guys to be around.
Warpstatus: Great performance in Brawl! But I own you at Melee. I'll MM you to prove it. =)
SRK: Awesome set we had! I'm disappointed my G&W wasn't in top performance this tournament, but those matches you had against my Mario were legit and fun as hell. =)
ViceGrip: Always a pleasure meeting you. Best Ness ever. Maybe the 2nd best Brawl Ganon in Santa Barbara. After me of course. =)
Andymosity: Great Samus, I hope to play you again sometime. Cape was right that you do Up-B oos a lot. XD
DanteFox: Thanks for hosting Melee! You're the best. =)
Everyone else: Thanks for coming to the LAN party. It was truly great seeing everyone, and I hope you'll be around next quarter. Smash Bros. Club has much to look forward to then. Also props to SLO for coming by.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Dante did a horrible job seeding the brackets. Everytime I offer him tips in seeding, designing pay out structures, using Swiss, running the tournament in general, etc. he would say something along the lines of: "Well this isn't your tournament, Huy."

:facepalm:
that's definitely not true. in fact all the suggestions you gave would have made the tournament run even longer, or would have resulted in fewer entrants.

I did a pretty decent job seeding the bracket. I did seed by skill level, except for the two of us because I knew we both wanted to play each other in tournament. Obviously one can only do so much to assure that people from the same region don't play each other. It's nobody's fault but your own that you couldn't take on andy's samus. quit blaming it on other people.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Horrible strawman. I was speaking about teams which we won which doesn't have any bearing on the results in singles. There was a way to seed both SLO teams so that they would not have to play each other outside of LF, GF, WF.

:212:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Thanks to Dante and David for running the tournaments. Also David should post the results for Brawl on SWF and Dante should send David the TIO File for Melee. Thanks to SLO for coming. Next LPT is on Saturday February 12, 2010.

:144:

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
So I dont usually post much but I was perusing around the forum today because I was looking to see when any vids might be up and just general feedback about the tournament. I stumbled upon Huy speaking about Anthony's ganon and how its the best in SB. Now i should just be the bigger person and just forget it, but F that, I'm not in the mood.

Anthony has a very good ganon hes wrecked me in teams with it, is it better i dont know but its legit. But Huy recently I straight embarrassed you with C Falc against your peach and I barely have been playing the game. Does that make my Falcon better than Anthony's? Probably not. But he hits his tech skill consistently and I dont. I feel like when am hitting my tech and moving the way i want I can play with the best of them, but its hard to do that when you dont play often.

I play this game to have fun and get better and when Im playing friendlies Im trying to win(always) but Im also trying to learn and get better. I dont try to time people out in friendlies and camp, to me its no fun. Huy you play a completely boring style and I have little fun playing against you, but I am always satisfied when I beat you in friendlies or in tournaments. If I'm hitting my tech there is no way you beat me because you play predictable and I always know what your going to do. So if you want to anoint Anthony as the best Ganon be my guest, but it doesnt hurt my feelings as much knowing I can stomp on you when i barely even play anymore.

On a more pleasant note I enjoyed the tournament. Brawl needs to be excommunicated but other than that it was fun. Wish I could have stayed for all of singles and crews but it got too late.

Shoutouts to $heen I had a ton of fun playing friendlies with you. I probably could have played with you all day and been happy. No homo of course. Our Doubles matches were epic and i wish they were all recorded. Hope to see you at more events

Andy congrats on winning the singles. Doubles matches were great. I wish we had more friendlies :( but next time for sure. Keep getting better

Top Bottom