• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Rickety

Peace and Love
Oh, what? Really?

I haven't been to a Jamba Juice in too long, then; I used to order that boost all the time! <3

Hi, MacD! <3
Hee hee, I can't wait to bother you some more
at the next tournament the two of us attend! <3

MacD

Banned via Administration
yea, they basically changed the name to calcium boost because that what it was and didn't sound genderized

and yes, next week or WGF will be fun

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Hahahaha.

Although the implications of calling a calcium boost a "femme" boost are certainly problematic, I'm sure they decided to change it when they realized silly men didn't feel comfortable saying they wanted a "femme" boost even though they really needed/wanted their precious calcium.

What mineral/vitamin(/alcohol/drug) would merit a boost being called the "man" boost?

=D

MacD

Banned via Administration
well it was a boost gear toward women and what they needed, but they simplified it and just made it calcium

the protein boost might as well be the man boost

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
oh **** jesse and miguel? legit. also if you guys see simon let him know i'm down to team haha. that's like our OG doubles team from the first couple triweeklies.

and pat i'm down w/ the swiss round robin, sounds like fun

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Hey Eric, Boah says hi :]
boah ain't got nothing on my new avatar :D

I read that as man boobs
you would.

I had a Marth epiphany today. I realized that all I have to do is whip my sword back and forth and they can't do anything to you.

I whip my sword back and forth.

Pay no attention to them haters cuz we whip em off
and we ain't doing nothing wrong
so don't tell me nothing, I'm just trying to have fun

after this epiphany, I quickly decided to test out my theory, and lo and behold, I beat Yuta's spacies in a few close matches (♥) and then proceeded to 4 stock Ky in 43 seconds (♥) with Marth. Unfortunately, Jun beat me in all of the 3 dittos we played, but they were all pretty close. I think I may have whipped my sword too much in those while Jun just waited and grabbed me :(

EDIT: Pat, SRR sounds good. 8 man bracket sounds so intense! haha.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder that we're playing on library walk Thursday. And all school days after that until wgf to advertise. Please stop by :)

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
oh eric. although i was pretty smashed out already by then, i guess youre marth was doing pretty well, relative to ur usual repulsiveness of your marth. and i mean repulsive by gross BAD, not gross good. LOL

edit: and i also realized how HARD it is to press the c-stick down for peach..
i never realized it. gotta give credit to eric ding. SIKE.
but yeah, i shoulda beaten your ICs with my peach. dam

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder that we're playing on library walk Thursday. And all school days after that until wgf to advertise. Please stop by :)
ill be out there from 10-12 at least (probably longer) on thursday. im picking up puff again so i need practice.

and yes, i do hate myself and all of you for getting me to pick up puff again

edit: ill be manning the station, so you guys should play with me. and show those noobs they suck and should give us their money.

Jun.

Smash Lord
the puff I 4 stocked on dreamland?

kekekeke

real **** though learn how to duck. GSUB beats me cause he ducks. I'm not even kidding

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
baker, it's more important to sandbag against the noobs and let them think they can win. remember, we need people to enter the tournament haha

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
baker, it's more important to sandbag against the noobs and let them think they can win. remember, we need people to enter the tournament haha
I agree.

It's all about the long-term hustle.

UCSD Smash: Conning noobs out of 10's and 20's.

-hahahaha

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
We should also advertise for the triweekly too. And I think being flashy is just as important at letting them win. It's great that they think they can win, but if we do cool stuff too, I think we're more likely to attract a semi-competitive crowd who somewhat knows what they're doing. So just go for those off stage rests, stomp -> falcon punches, slap slap walljump slaps, etc.

Edit: we should all di terribly to set up flashy comboes for each other. Ky, just this once, I'll let you beat my Samus. I'll DI down and in on your knees so you can hit me with all 6 on fd LOL

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Oh, we should also record stuff on Friday and make a mini 3 min combo vid/trailer thing for UCSD smash! omg wgf hyyyype.

And if we actually do go through with the UC crew battle thing at WGF that Marco suggested, then I hope we beat at least UCSB lol. Irvine we just have no chance against, and SC has Shroomed and Replicate, and LA has s2j... I think SB is the only one we have a good chance against <_<

Oh and me and Jun have been wanting UCSD norcal vs socal forever, and I'm convinced as long as Jesse counts for norcal, you guys are screwed. After watching David beat Jun in a MM yesterday (btw thanks David, you made me 5 bucks :)), I'm certain socal has no chance.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Norcal is gonna get so messed up

You guys have no idea.

Oh and I'm gonna play on library walk and make sure they never come back.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
You're right, it's not really a competition... you guys really have no chance against me, Sunny, Joe, David, Jesse.
you forgot that ky is socal. we surrender.

on a more serious note. the flashy stuff would scare the noobs away. it makes them think were even better than what we do. sand bagging is the best bet

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Just got the random urge to see how the smash community is doin, and I'm stoked to see there's a triweekly on Saturday! The 30th one, nonetheless! Sadly I'm working, but I'm gonna try to drop by either before/after work, depending on whether I'm morning or afternoon.

Let's see how rusty these fingers have gotten!

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
@ SoCal

Um. SoCal definitely has a bigger pool to choose from. I think Miguel would be a serious contender as well and I don't see his name mentioned here.

However, I can play pretty confidently against 5 of the 7 prospective SocCal players. Some more than others. =D

-NorCal (but really Central Cali for me) FTW!

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
If Puff ducks, don't grab her. Space fairs, and down air out of shield.

Anyway, I have two requests:

1) Anyone wanna team for both this Saturday (assuming there's doubles) and WGF?

2) This one is going to seem really strange, but would anyone be willing to house me for WGF from Friday night to Sunday? The reason is because my family shuffles two cars between three people, and otherwise I wouldn't be able to make it on either day until like 1-2 PM, which would suck. I promise good hygiene.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Just got the random urge to see how the smash community is doin, and I'm stoked to see there's a triweekly on Saturday! The 30th one, nonetheless! Sadly I'm working, but I'm gonna try to drop by either before/after work, depending on whether I'm morning or afternoon.

Let's see how rusty these fingers have gotten!
you are (lets see if i can get this right)

the ganon that got my friend that taught me smash to play ganon.

hello :]

and i play ganon now too.. - -

EDIT: norcal > socal

i cant house anyone. im already housing 5 from berk (hydrokirby/miharu and others)

down to sandbag. we should just falcon ditto all day tomorrow. i dont care if you dont play falcon. (looking at anthony + pat LOL) :) should be a fun day.

flyers will come mid day tomorrow...hopefully. i got all the fed ex messages saying they would be delivered today, but UCSD mail is a bitc hhhh.

ANTHONY. WE GONNA **** SOME CRAZIES THIS SATURDAY RIGHT?

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Lol. RD, I think the puff jun plays just reacts in time and baits a grab so he can grab.

Jesse, you're gonna break your keyboard soon by signing like that every post.

NORCAL > SOCAL ANYDAYYYY

Edit: i meant to say rest when i wrote down the second "grab."
-sunny

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Lol. RD, I think the puff jun plays just reacts in time and baits a grab so he can grab.

Jesse, you're gonna break your keyboard soon by signing like that every post.

NORCAL > SOCAL ANYDAYYYY

-sunny
Sunny,

I know how you are imagining it to be when I type that out, but I do it deliberately and with thought. Also, my fingers are like feathers. Very gentle and soft.

-jfjioajf\dmckaliorj

EDIT: I know I and others have already said this, but it can't be repeated enough. Northern California > Southern California.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hey pat if you can't make it for the triweekly, you could always cruise down for one of our smashfests. we have them basically twice a week: monday and friday from 2 or 3ish till... actually i don't know when people typically leave. i'm usually on there for a few games.

shiz, what time do these normally go to guys?

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
hey pat if you can't make it for the triweekly, you could always cruise down for one of our smashfests. we have them basically twice a week: monday and friday from 2 or 3ish till... actually i don't know when people typically leave. i'm usually on there for a few games.

shiz, what time do these normally go to guys?
Monday went well into the night. I was there until about 11:30.
I assume most end between 10 p.m. and 12 a.m.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
anyone down to team with "jkun" jason this saturday? i told him i'd team with him but i dont know if we'll be able to finish the event because i have work

Top Bottom