• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
whenever time you get there, i'll play you? im done at 12 lol
lol i don't even think i'll be awake at 12, but i'll hopefully be there by 2-3 ish. also, i'm down to play seriouslies tomorrow so i'll be good for grev, seeing as i'll be potentially hung over for that tournament anyway...

also eric i have a special request. i want you to camp the **** out of me with your peach so i can figure it out. i got some tips from zhu so i should be good but i want to test it out. i promise i won't rage =D

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
also eric i have a special request. i want you to camp the **** out of me with your peach so i can figure it out. i got some tips from zhu so i should be good but i want to test it out. i promise i won't rage =D
Lol I don't think I'm any good at camping, but I can try... You might have to remind me to not approach though haha. When I see Falco, I just wanna float up and smack him :D

EDIT:

Jun, after today, I think we both know you still have quite a ways to go if you wanna beat macd's Zelda in a MM ;) oh, and any potential Links too

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
Lol I don't think I'm any good at camping, but I can try... You might have to remind me to not approach though haha. When I see Falco, I just wanna float up and smack him :D
you make it sound like peach is a manly character, when you say things like smacking a falco, but in reality ur just a princess.

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
Just kind of a random question, do you guys know where there is free parking near UCSD? Are we allowed to park at that structure by Rock Bottom/El Torito?

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I used to park at Rockbottom, but then eventually a security guy came to me and told me I couldn't. I had a flat tire at the time though so I was like "hey man, I got a flat." (But I actually spent the next two and a half hours dealing with the flat.)

The street on the other side of Rockbottom (not La Jolla Village Drive) has free parking, but the spots are usually taken. These days I usually park in the Chipotle shopping mall even farther down. It's like a 15 minute walk to the lodge from there.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Can you park at the Gilman Parking structure for a fee?
you can park there but the fees are different if you park in the outdoor parking lot right next to the lodge. the pay station is at the very inside of the lot (it's red). all the spots there are B spots now and you can park there for i think 8 dollars/day? whereas its 2x as much inside gilman...

money whoring ucsd parking office...*******s.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah of course andrew, help is always appreciated haha. I'll be there in 30 minutes or so. Someone on campus wanna bring an extra controller?

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
glad to hear it. I won't be able to go today, but i can drop off an extra controller. its not bad but can definitely pass. give it to ky or dawson at the end of the day if i never show up.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
fuuuuu so i totally didn't make it toady. my bad guys i was ttrying to move teh last of my **** out and then we started drinking. hopefully i'll see you guys at grev@! mayb? i don't even know if i'm gong anymore...alright duty clss night guys

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Lol @ George.

Good games today, everyone.

I have someone's notebook. It's red, has some BENG122 stuff in it or something. Anyone's?

Tristan, I haven't seen you in forever. You should come to these things again :)

Josh, we'll get in some seriouslies next time lol (monday?! haha).

Good luck at grev, everyone :)

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Daaaawwww Eric, you noticed I wasn't there?!?!?! I feel so special.

J/k hahaha. I would have been there today if I wasn't so sick. I'll try to be there Monday but I'm only willing to push my body to certain extremes for smash lol.

Hope everyone had fun without me and I can't wait to get some good matches in with you guys soon!!!!!

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Pat/Engdrew,

is the registration page for Winter Game Fest up? I'm trying to the visit the thread under
Pacific West tournaments to see if there are any updates, but I keep seeing a page telling me I clicked on an invalid link.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the thread and see no update regarding online registration. I'll just assume the page has not yet been created.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Jesse, the thread got merged/updated so that link doesn't work any longer. You can still get to the thread by going to the pacific west section of the tournament listings.

Oh and to answer your question, I don't think there's a registration page. It's a bit late now so we'll probably just do all the sign ups at the door.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
looks like yuta is clearly the best person at ucsd. although he didnt beat westballz and he almost had the chance
No. If I remember correctly, I think you all agreed that Ky is the best at UCSD. I don't think I have to reiterate why that decision was made. If Yuta took a game off of Westballz, maybe then you can start making assertions that he is the best.

EDIT: I just looked at the bracket again and saw that Yuta did not play Westballz. I thought he had. Your assertion lacks sound evidence.

-Jesse

Jun.

Smash Lord
Weird things happened and I ended up in 2 pools

My first pool had S2J, HugQ AND Russell. Pretty stacked pool having 2 rankers then Russell who might as well be ranked

Second pool had Hyprid who beat me in Marth dittos convincingly and Lucky who was playing marth and I got to last round last stock.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Weird things happened and I ended up in 2 pools

My first pool had S2J, HugQ AND Russell. Pretty stacked pool having 2 rankers then Russell who might as well be ranked

Second pool had Hyprid who beat me in Marth dittos convincingly and Lucky who was playing marth and I got to last round last stock.
2 pools?

So you had two opportunities to make into the bracket?

That's LUCKY.

-Adjfakhgasbn

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
and what did you do with those two chances? did you win grev like you said you would?

just saying that yuta did the best in both singles and doubles for ucsd (tied with other ucsd in doubles). so hes clearly the best. he just didnt get the chance to play westballz, so i guess ky still claims the title.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
so you know how we all think ky is a joke?

well i'm pretty sure the joke is on us. he's been ****ing with us from day 1. he had a decent crowd around him when he was playing baka4moe (who beat me 2-0 peach on falco) and even s2j was talking about how solid his style was. yuta and i were incredulous (seeing as i 4 stocked ky 15 minutes earlier). i guess ky's magic only works at tourneys against non-ucsd players lol.

fun tourney overall, i just need to not be hungover for one of these goddamn things fuuuu

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
can i just say that we should all be ashamed at ourselves
Save some of that shame for this Saturday. If we fail to represent on our own turf, we all should just turn off our systems, pack them into old cardboard boxes, and stuff them into closets where they will slowly collect dust and fade from our memories until we completely forget what Melee is.

Nah, I think we'll do well! =D

GEORGE: I told youuuuu! I said that I thought Ky was serious business at your "last" official Smashfest in December.

Ky, I always believed in you!

Also, I think Ky is good against Peach. Doesn't he do well against UCSD Peaches (Miguel and Eric)?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Ky has random moments of brilliance against me. He plays the match up decently, but should dash dance camp -> grab. I'm somewhat disappointed in SD, but not a lot of us went and George clearly did worse than he could have. Next sat will be different. My predictions are 2 sd teams in top 5 for doubles and 4 sd players in top 10 for singles.

Oh an congrats to Yuta for making it further than everyone else. Good job :)

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Hey SD its e40, Im planning on taking the train to sd from pasadena for wintergame fest can anyone thats going house me by any chance?

if you can either aim me, or text me 626-394-7432

Top Bottom