• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
eric do you think ill make top 10 for singles on saturday? :D
i mean i am the best player now, only debateable with ky right?

LOL
Duh. The 4 people from SD I have in mind are you, Ky, David, and Anthony. Don't let me down.

Nope Ky definitely took a match from baka4Moe
hehe. like.

Also, I think I'm going to start playing Sheik again. I've been playing Sheik more recently, and I'm starting to have fun playing her again. I've felt like all of us have gotten a lot better and playing Zhu a bit this weekend kinda reaffirmed that. I had a few more bad habits ironed out, and so excited for triweekly :)

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Also, I think I'm going to start playing Sheik again.
"Dumb game is dumb. I'm dropping sheik completely now"

riiiiiiiiiiight. Though I'm pumped for Triweekly as well. Though do enough people know about it?

To Engdrew: Could I get my dazzle back tomorrow at the smashfest? Thanks

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Duh. The 4 people from SD I have in mind are you, Ky, David, and Anthony. Don't let me down.

hehe. like.

Also, I think I'm going to start playing Sheik again. I've been playing Sheik more recently, and I'm starting to have fun playing her again. I've felt like all of us have gotten a lot better and playing Zhu a bit this weekend kinda reaffirmed that. I had a few more bad habits ironed out, and so excited for triweekly :)
Let's do some seriouslies tomorrow. Your "Zhu-trained" Sheik vs. my "CPU-trained" Falco/Marth/Falcon. It's on!

=D

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
lol yah good **** yuta, reppin falco's bread and butter combos

also jesse i was thinkin teams again? how's your falcon doing haha. let me know cuz i think i'm going to the triweekly

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
lol yah good **** yuta, reppin falco's bread and butter combos

also jesse i was thinkin teams again? how's your falcon doing haha. let me know cuz i think i'm going to the triweekly
Awww. You should have gotten to me sooner! Miguel and I are teaming for the Triweekly (unless he goes home, but I think he told me he isn't but there is a chance he might, but even then Simon is in line before you, so yeah..).

However, there is a very easy solution to this. You need a partner and Simon needs a partner. It's pretty clear you two should team up. haha.

Also, Simon's Falcon is definitely in a league above mine so I think it works out pretty well for you! =D

EDIT: Awesome Yuta! I wanted that first match to be a Four-stock. You almost had it! Also, thumbs up for using Neutral Falco. The Falco of true masters. hahaha. =D

EDIT 2: For sure, David. We'll do top ten at the Triweekly!

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
hey, uhmmm well i'm a lil freshie, so i still live in the dorms. so i ono if that works...

and thanks :]
i think i was able to pull through cuz we have a peach player in SD and he helped with the match up haha :]
ggs.

edit: lol wtf, my post lagged. haha.
thanks guys. :]
my first youtube smash debut haha.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm think about doing a swiss round robin for the tournament on saturday. thoughts?
Do it. I like that we'll all be guaranteed equal play time. However, I do think it'll take away some of the urgency and excitement of a standard elimination tournament. Regardless, I vote yes.

Jun.

Smash Lord
If i'm not mistaken a swiss round robin is where everyone plays everyone?

Or is it a round robin with lots of holes?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
jun: not quite, that'd just be a huge round robin. your second guess is closer... kind of?

basically everyone is assigned a first match randomly. Winners get 1 point, losers get 0. Then all the 1 point people player each other and all the 0 point player each other.

Now some people have 2 points, many have 1, and some have 0. Again the 2 pointers play each other, 1 pointers play each other, and 0 pointers play in their respective point region. This goes on for a few rounds until there's a pretty clear distinction of who the better players are, I'm thinking 5 or 6 rounds. The top 6-8 players will then be thrown into a 8 man double elim. bracket.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
If i'm not mistaken a swiss round robin is where everyone plays everyone?

Or is it a round robin with lots of holes?
hahahahaha.

If Pat and Wikipedia agree on the definition of a Swiss Round Robin, then an 'SRR' is when there is a predetermined set of rounds and everyone plays someone different every round according to their particular scores, not including the first round. There is no elimination and the winner is determined by the final scores (8w-0l-0d).

So if both you and I suck the first round and start with a record of (0-1-0), we will be sorted into the loser cluster of players to duke it out with another loser while the winner cluster of players do the same with each other. I'm assuming we'll be sorted differently with every win or loss. Ideally, you'll be playing someone with the same record as you.

This goes on until 'x' number of rounds have been played.

EDIT: Pat beat me to the punch and explained it pretty simply,

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
first rule of smash club is that you dont talk about smash club
i think this was the best statement so far.

and Eric, its okay, i was talking about Miguel's peach, so therefore you're statement that UCSD basically has no peach is correct.

and pat, i like that idea :D
and pat again, i have an envelope that has "Dr. PP WGF" written on it. im guessing it's money?
and ur notebook(i think)

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
i think this was the best statement so far.

and Eric, its okay, i was talking about Miguel's peach, so therefore you're statement that UCSD basically has no peach is correct.

and pat, i like that idea :D
and pat again, i have an envelope that has "Dr. PP WGF" written on it. im guessing it's money?
and ur notebook(i think)
Stop talking to yourself, Yuta. This is where you have a breakthrough and realize it's you who is pointing the gun to your own head, or rather, comboing you from 0-Death with a Peach Down Smash, floaty thingy twirly, turnip slap in the air.

Jun.

Smash Lord
So its basically cutting the players into halfs each time as winners and losers

sounds pretty sick

and holey

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
So its basically cutting the players into halfs each time as winners and losers

sounds pretty sick

and holey
not really. It gives you random matches against people who are "as good as you"

hypothetically speaking you win your first two games (lol) and ky loses his first two games (lol again). in the third round there is no chance you can play ky since you dont have equal records. but lets say that you lose your next two games and ky wins his next two (and the universe returns to equilibrium) then you do have a chance to play him in the fifth round since youre both 2-2.

of course ky then beats you and you go home and cry

Top Bottom