• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Nike.

Smash Hero
Second Weekly tonight. Same everything from last week, but there is a $5 venue fee now (sad). Venue fee is waived if you bring a full setup (tv/wiiu/disc/adapter)

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I know it's pretty early but I'm headed to ooples. Probably get there close to 5. Gonna play and whatever is set up there or wait for a smash4 set up. So head over early if you are just waiting with a set up :)

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman

Here is the link if that's easier to follow. http://challonge.com/SAlos2

There were 20 entrants. Max signed up but dropped out when he realized it wasn't Project M. Thanks for everyone who brought set ups! And thanks for Castro letting us use his phone for bracket, AND MAJOR THANKS AND SHOUT OUTS AND PROPS AND LOVE TO @ HeroMystic HeroMystic for buying power cords with his own money so we could hook up all the set ups.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I wonder if getting 5th place in a 20 entrant tourney means much

Edit: Either way I had fun. I should've bought another extension cord because we couldn't get Enigma's setup going. Props to everyone for stepping up when Nike couldn't make it, especially Castro and SP500.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I prolly cud've gone but I didn't want too cause I still think I'm bad at this game.
Next one I will tho, have an adapter now. Stranded on Slush's Island is a go. Just message on here oar text if ya want to practice. Cause like hell I'm gonna check FB.

Had a great time guys, enjoyed playing with everyone. Major props to OUR HeroMystic for saving the day with the walmart run. I'll remember to have cash on me next time we get together, I'll buy any of that stuff you don't want off of you.

I'm glad Valdens didn't show up and humiliate us all.

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
Thanks to everyone for the great matches against my falcon today aswell!

Jopan1026

Smash Cadet
Somebody in the facebook SA smash 4 group linked the elgado at newegg with a promo code for 10% off. Not sure if it works.
Promo code: EMCWWWG36

I can't post the newegg link because I don't have 10 posts...

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
Thanks for having us (Gtimes and myself). We had a great time tonight and plan on frequenting every week. Lots to learn, hopefully I can add some people and practice! Also anyone have any idea where I can get an adapter besides off a scalper?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sorry about the mounds of salt, Santi. I'll make sure to curb that crap from now on. I felt really bad after WF. :applejack:

I'll probably do the ELO update late tonight or sometime tomorrow. I'll let everyone know when it's up. :applejack:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for having us (Gtimes and myself). We had a great time tonight and plan on frequenting every week. Lots to learn, hopefully I can add some people and practice! Also anyone have any idea where I can get an adapter besides off a scalper?
Glad y'all made it out! I would just be on the lookout on Amazon or other places online. The Mayflash adapters work just as well as the Nintendo ones so be on the look out for that.

Sorry about the mounds of salt, Santi. I'll make sure to curb that crap from now on. I felt really bad after WF. :applejack:
Oh you were fine no apology needed. I don't remember you being super salty. It was just a mere teaspoon of salt which is understandable. If anything, you should be sorry for breaking our chain of neutral stages ;)

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Lulz ps2 and skyloft must die :143: *body slam*

I know the venue doesn't have wifi, but I'm buying the capture card to start recording the weeklies. I just need to find a decent laptop to use for that. Mine is like 5 years old and still has windows vista.

Also I will be buying these headphones (unless you guys know of better brand or model) so people can commentate on the matches. It won't be streamed until we have a venue with wifi, but I can upload them to YouTube for you to enjoy :)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitec...-red/8785701.p?id=1218893507476&skuId=8785701

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Bah I wish I lived in Texas or at least a Smash centric location here in Georgia...only Tourney I know of in Georgia is Momocon... D:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Results for tonight by the way:
1. Espy :4sonic::4pacman::4littlemac:
2. SnorlaxPie500 :4diddy:
3. K Prime :4pikachu:
4. Paw :4zss:
5. HeroMystic :4mario:
5. Incendiary :4mario:
7. Jopan :rosalina:
7. Kev
9. Ares
9. Castro :4bowserjr:
9. Lan
9. Mindless
13. Applepoe
13. Enigma
13. Jaredgcom
13. PJC
17. CCCM
17. Gtimes
17. KM
17. Max
17. Mondy

Let me know if you'd like your characters added in.

ELO Rankings are updated below:

RANK | TAG | RATING
1 | Megafox | 2134
2 | Espy | 1991
3 | SnorlaxPie500 | 1892
4 | K Prime | 1806
5 | Valdens | 1720
6 | Paw | 1672
7 | Incendiary | 1597
8 | Slush | 1563
9 | Castro | 1558
10 | Kev | 1499
===|===|===
11 | HeroMystic | 1471
12 | Ares | 1464
13 | Jopan | 1422
14 | Geoberos | 1412
15 | Enigma | 1305
16 | Peeps | 1299
17 | Mindless | 1289
18 | KM | 1286
19 | Jaredgcom | 1285
20 | PJC | 1278
21 | Lan | 1255
22 | Gman | 1244
23 | Suspect | 1166
23 | SQMT | 1166
23 | KDawg | 1166
26 | CCCM | 1048
27 | Luie | 1033
28 | ApplePoe | 1022
29 | Crashman | 1000
30 | Base | 950
31 | Gtimes | 908
32 | Zeta | 900
32 | Yardsale | 900
32 | Whiteout | 900
32 | Mondy | 900
36 | Max | 800

Note: Enigma, if you're on the boards, hit me up. I'm currently assuming *VG* Enigma and Enigma are the same guy. If anyone can verify, then the chart is as it's put here. If not, I need to redo the rankings.

A quick reminder to keep the same name as you see here on the chart. It makes it easier for me to update the rankings. Thanks.

Last edited:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Use [ table=head] instead of [ table]. It gets rid of the top row where it says column 1-3

Last edited:

Jopan1026

Smash Cadet
Lulz ps2 and skyloft must die :143: *body slam*

I know the venue doesn't have wifi, but I'm buying the capture card to start recording the weeklies. I just need to find a decent laptop to use for that. Mine is like 5 years old and still has windows vista.

Also I will be buying these headphones (unless you guys know of better brand or model) so people can commentate on the matches. It won't be streamed until we have a venue with wifi, but I can upload them to YouTube for you to enjoy :)
Awesome, I wanted to get a capture card too, but I just can't yet. I have better headphones than that one and honestly I wouldn't even say they are reliable enough, so I probably wouldn't trust those. I have the logitech g930 for reference, they are wireless so that's probably why they are unreliable. I think the good quality headphones will usually have the fuzzy thing on the mic so it doesn't pick up background noise. Mine will catch pretty much everything in the room.

I also wouldn't mind giving commentary a shot when available.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
My current stream device is a Hauppauge USB-2 which only takes composite. Their HD PVR is quite bulky and requires a outlet power source. It's around ~$150 on Amazon and I'm familiar with using the programs but...

I was about to get Elgato (~<$150 on Amazon) but it's not compatible with anything before Windows 7 and my laptop is Vista 64-bit. A casual google search brought up Roxio Game Capture HD Pro (~$100 on Amazon) but reviews deemed hardware as good but its software as subpar, trash at worst. So either I need a new laptop/OS or deal with something troublesome.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I'm an idiot. I don't need to get a new laptop. I'll just bring my desktop that has windows 8. It's an all in one so it is pretty easy to transport. It also has a built in camera in the front that is pretty decent so it could be used for a commentators cam for the time being, I'm not sure if it has a back camera to record players, it's unlikely.

So I'm guessing commentators can watch the computer screen for gameplay and we can also use the front camera for their face time? I have no idea how it will work, but we can figure it out.

I'll keep shopping for better headphones, if anyone knows of some good quality ones under 100 each let me know.

Top Bottom