• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
one day ill beat k prime
Lulz
I'm too quiet to do commentary.
I think you should try! No pressure. It could be a good way for quiet or shy people to share their knowledge of the game and make a splash.
I'm too shy and biased towards diddy or dumb things to be a good commentator.
I don't think we have to have super pro or ea sports commentating. Being biased towards diddy isn't a main issue. As long as commentators don't bully or talk major **** about the players then I think they should give commentating a shot. Especially if they are familiar with the players in the match.

I don't want to get everyone's hopes up but I should have the recording set up by the next weekly. I'm going to buy everything Monday.

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
Lulz

I think you should try! No pressure. It could be a good way for quiet or shy people to share their knowledge of the game and make a splash.

I don't think we have to have super pro or ea sports commentating. Being biased towards diddy isn't a main issue. As long as commentators don't bully or talk major **** about the players then I think they should give commentating a shot. Especially if they are familiar with the players in the match.

I don't want to get everyone's hopes up but I should have the recording set up by the next weekly. I'm going to buy everything Monday.
Monday? I'm getting internet back that day between 2-6 according to time Warner. Test stream?

Jopan1026

Smash Cadet
I was at the Pax South Smash 4 tournament, I managed to advertise our weeklies a bit so hopefully we can up the attendance!
Also in case it wasn't noticed, I'm gonna say again that I am down for trying out commentating sometime.
And also, thank you SP500 for getting the streaming equipment. I can't wait for the community to get a stream going! I'm willing to do anything I can to help if you need anything just let me know.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I ordered the Haupaggue HD PVR 2 coming in on Sunday :x
-- slightly dated equipment for my even more 2008* dated laptop.
Hopefully would be enough to get stuff done, otherwise I'd have to borrow my brother's laptop.
With all us around, together should make one hell of a streaming community.

*Edited. Got it when I grad HS, not College :<

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Monday? I'm getting internet back that day between 2-6 according to time Warner. Test stream?
Yes sir! I need all the help I can get to set this up. I'll text you around 8 or so.
Also in case it wasn't noticed, I'm gonna say again that I am down for trying out commentating sometime.
And also, thank you SP500 for getting the streaming equipment. I can't wait for the community to get a stream going! I'm willing to do anything I can to help if you need anything just let me know.
The more commentators the better! I think we have a lot of hidden talent in the scene when it comes to game commentary. Just let me know when you want to give it a shot. And I will definitely be asking for help. I'm clueless with this stuff :p
I ordered the Haupaggue HD PVR 2 coming in on Sunday :x
-- slightly dated equipment for my even more 2012 dated laptop.
Hopefully would be enough to get stuff done, otherwise I'd have to borrow my brother's laptop.
With all us around, together should make one hell of a streaming community.
Sweet!! Now we just need to get a venue with wifi so we can live stream!

Kyro and I will be on stream in Austin for doubles

Edit. Won round 1 no prob
won round 2 even though kyro SD at the start of games 2 and 3. Denti is next

welp we are out :(

Last edited:

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
ALL THE HARD WORK IN THE LAB IS PAYING OFF. CASTRO HOLDING IT DOWN IN LOSERS FINALS. I GOT 5TH AND I THINK KYRO GOT 7TH I THINK

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
ALL THE HARD WORK IN THE LAB IS PAYING OFF. CASTRO HOLDING IT DOWN IN LOSERS FINALS. I GOT 5TH AND I THINK KYRO GOT 7TH

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
That library time paid off. #dem151boyz

Was losers finals not best out of 5? Or was it just a typo that it was 2-1 tesh?

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
"what I really need to do is get a buddy and test like every move interaction and find answers to errthing"

I'm game! You have a lot of knowledge on the diddy matchup, but if you want advice on anything specific, just ask and I don't mind giving tips on beating diddy tricks.

"what I really need to do is get a buddy and test like every move interaction and find answers to errthing"

I'm game! You have a lot of knowledge on the diddy matchup, but if you want advice on anything specific, just ask and I don't mind giving tips on beating diddy tricks.
Yeah I need to learn to react to monkey flip with the right option. Been smashing a lot lately but whenever I can make time for the library we will get at it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If anyone wants to practice online or meet up during Wed/Thurs I'm down for that. I really want to go all-in for this game.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
mindles, if you're going to be a condescending asshole, I'm not going to play with you.

still, thanks for the matches, but don't be a **** about it.

Last edited:

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
mindles, if you're going to be a condescending *******, I'm not going to play with you.

still, thanks for the matches, but don't be a **** about it.
I was lmaoing at my jiggly puff! Haha I wanted a ditto

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think you get angry too easily.
If you're gonna be like that with everyone when you ask for a bit of practice you should prolly stick to for glory or just wait till irl smashfests for practice.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
why the hell are you linking that everywhere, Denti.
I respect Omni and agree on a few things about the community and such but it still doesn't change Diddy is stupid and needs nerfs.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
I think you get angry too easily.
If you're gonna be like that with everyone when you ask for a bit of practice you should prolly stick to for glory or just wait till irl smashfests for practice.
it's not that I get made when someone is better then me, I'm fine with that. it's when they start switching character every match and clearly try to handicap themselves for their own amusement against me that pisses me off. It also pisses me off that the one time I'm about to win and get a chance to save said replay for reference on what I did right, my opponent disconnects and denies me that valuable replay.

Top Bottom