• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Oracle

Smash Master
Event pages for Aftershock are up! $3000 prize pool, 6000 sq. ft venue, and top player from across the southwest! Remember, if you are in the Top 8 of the aftershock Rankings (at tourneylocator.com/aftershockrankings), then not only do you get free entry/venue, you will be automatically qualified for the top 16 final bracket!

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/423...lter=upcoming&source=49&sid_create=2403987848

Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...m-melee-top-players-from-arlington-tx.387430/

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>$20 venue fee and $10 for everything else
>Dallas following APEX rules still

3k pot or not, that's too insane. When was the last time SA went to Dallas anyways, MLG Dallas?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I remember when me, you, and Nike went to Dallas. Those were good times.
#thecube

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I remember when me, you, and Nike went to Dallas. Those were good times.
#thecube
Wait is that the time we went to Dallas? We didn't bus for that unless you played the song again. Otherwise I definitely remember that car ride with The Cube playing cause paw screamed MY ****

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

Hey everybody, Xyro here. I'm dropping by to remind everybody that my Smash 4 tournament series, TGC, is hosting its first official major event on February 28th 2015 at the Le Jardin reception hall in North Houston.

If the two "The Road to TGC" events taught me anything it is that these events keep getting bigger and bigger so i project that this first official TGC event will easily cap out. In order to guarantee you a spot in the venue (and thus a chance at entering events) it is highly recommended you register online as soon as possible.

For full details on registration, fees, rules, events and times, please go to the Smashboards event link
http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...-200-pot-bonus-for-smash-4-houston-tx.384812/ or the Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371

And as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me by posting here, on Facebook or in private message. I will always respond. I hope to see you all there :)

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So is there any chance for allowing Miis to have their full potential in San Antonio or are they going to remain completely gimped by rulesets? :L

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You can go to Ooples with Smash bros whenever it is open. They don't seem to mind people bringing the games there at all or at whenever time when opening. If you guys meet-up tomorrow I might show-up but probably won't show up Thursday as a result (which is fine anyways since I would be going only for friendlies Thursday anyway).

@ HeroMystic HeroMystic I believe you have Wednesdays off right? Think you might be able to make it out for friendlies tomorrow? I only got to play against you twice last time.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If this is a thing I'll show up since I'll be very out and about tomorrow. I might leave early though since I have to pick up my sister from her eye appointment.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Anybody going to Pax South I'll be there all weekend. Gonna try to make it to the smash weekly if I get into San Antonio early enough Thursday, been to long since seen most of you :(

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok, since it seems like enough people are willing to to go to Ooples for some friendlies tomorrow a time should be set-up. Howabout around 2PM? If I do end up being able to go, which I'm sure I will be able to, I'll probably be there about that time. However I am unable to bring a Smash 4 set-up, best I can do is a CRT + P:M, Brawl, Melee, and/or 64. But still, 2PM sound good for people?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, regardless, I'll be there at around 2 and will stick around for as long as possible so just show up when any of you can. As I said before though, I won't be able to bring a Wii-U set-up (because that Wii-U is mine) so someone else will have to bring that. I'll probably end up taking a P:M set-up as a just in case a few P:M players show-up that I invited or just as something to play until a Wii-U shows up.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
My controller was acting a little wonky last night.

Any recommendations on where the best place is to order/buy a game cube controller? Obviously I'm sticking with a non-knockoff, but wasn't sure if anyone had positive or negative experiences with black vs white, normal vs smash edition, etc in terms of how the controller feels/responds.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I think it's more preference and how quick you want the controller. I just went to best buy since it is close and I get the controller same day.

I think I'm going to take a half day today. Is anyone going to ooples early with a set up?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well that was disappointing. Oh well.

I can't do it today, but I'll try to make it to ooples next time you have pm. I played it for the first time on Monday and had fun.
We have P:M weeklies every Saturday if you want to start playing P:M. Sign-ups begin at 2:00 and tourney starts at 2:30. I'm hoping to be able to make it there this week.

Top Bottom