• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Suspect

Smash Hero
After playing smash 4 finally for a bit yesterday and the night before...i actually think its competitively worse than brawl and definitely not faster. But thats my opinion, im not a professional like you guys. Sorry senpais

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Play Brawl vets on Brawl stages and my mind can't even the difference. Not completely out of the glide toss habit but I still retain jump cancel throwing.
:phone:

Suspect

Smash Hero
things that stuck out to me

-Dont like the new ledge grab
-There were times were people would be on the ledge, id wait for them to get on to grab then and their grab beats mine wtf
-Its harder to fall through platforms and attack/slower
-Inputs are super sensitive. When I try to reverse pivot, a lot of times it does a reverse tilt/smash
-Hate how I cant really zone out with projectile characters any more like fox/falco/mario/dr.mario since its slower and unsafe
-Pummel attacks after grabs are slow (maybe just the characters I used) meaning more time to break grabs

thats really it doe

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Not sure if it's my controller, but I'm frustrated that B Reversing requires me to slam my analog before pressing B.
:phone:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
The pivot smash is reliable now, only if you input it immediately, it annoyed the **** out of me until I checked the timing for a bit.

The input timing of specials feels really different too, I imagine after a while this game will handle much nicer though.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
If anyone needs a controller the Best Buy on 1604/281 had 8 in stock. They weren't on the shelves but they found them in the back so just ask if the controllers aren't on the shelves.

I haven't found an adapter yet so I'll probably be messing around on wifi or play at ultra around 10.

Suspect

Smash Hero
if those end up being gone you can also order them on amazon for $30. the old white ones and the new smash 4 ones

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
The adapters are gonzo atm, I'll let you people know when they're available for order at GeStapo

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I was kidding :) but jeez that's crazy that they are selling for that.
I can wait wait for one since I'll be out of town all this week.

AzureBladeXIII

Smash Rookie
I've been using the pro controller. It gets the job done. I might get a GameCube adapter once third parties start making them since Nintendo doesn't like to make money.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
Anyone online tonight? I think after that last update they did, pac-man has changed just enough to make me suck at him now, that or everyone else is now just slightly better at beating him. Either way, I'm trying out a few characters that I never would have thoguht I'd try to main, and I'd like some good players to practice against.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Fox Jab lock is dumb.... I wonder if the next patch will fix that.

Anyone care to tell me who Fox and Yoshi lose to? I run Little Mac, Rosalina, and a bad Charizard.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg
The Road to TGC 2 is 12 days away and i have 2 very big updates to give you all.

1. The rules to The Road to TGC 2 have been updated. Stage list has been add. Event times have been change and a food break period has been added. Pikachu+Mr GW are legal in teams. Custom moves/miis/equipment are banned (temporarily). For a full rundown on what rules have changed, please go to the Road to TGC 2 thread and check it out.

2. Two brothers, Illmatic (the best American Peach in Brawl) and Kadin (the best Brawl Metaknight player at his pre-school) are going to do a $150 MM at The Road to TGC 2. Pikachu (illmatic) vs Diddy (kadin), 3/5 and customs legal. The set will be recorded and posted in every corner of the internet. Who do you think will win?

Last edited:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I Shoulda gone Mac from the start. I made a poor choice of picking Charizard twice in tournament, didn't work out each time.

I also SD'd my first stock in game 2. Me and him played online a lot. Johns, but I don't think I'm picking Charizard anymore.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Preliminarily deciding I'll drive a carpool to Houston for TCG if one of you good fkers come team with me. We can do San Antonio 4v4 crew too loool

Top Bottom