• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Was it pretty interchangeable to the 3DS game? :applejack:
I would say yes, the only things that weren't the same are aspects you would expect to change going to the wiiu like graphics, stages, character control with a real controller.
It did feel faster on the wiiu. Things were so much easier and that was with a wiiu controller. There were no gc controllers. I think some characters were tweaked, but I can't be certain. There were just some spots where I couldnt get a grab or combo in that I normally do, but that may be due to it being easier to DI and maneuver with a controller. Stages were awesome!!!! I normally don't care about stages, but I could really appreciate the work they put in. Idk what has been show in updates or whatever but there is a big battlefield for 8man smash. Hyrule temple was the same, idk if that was in brawl. The stage where you fight falco to unlock was just awesome. Imagine poke floats on starships.

The game just felt smoother, stages were beautiful, and graphics were nice to look at :)

ryuujinx

Smash Apprentice
Apparently 1.0.4 (WiiU version) removes Bomb/Turnip cancels, removes ledge cancelled turnip pulls and fixes the non staling moves in float thing for peach.

I'm a little bit salty right now.

Last edited:

ryuujinx

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be afk for a while because ****ing world of queue craft(no really: http://i.imgur.com/LiA0pSV.jpg). If anyone needs to get ahold of me for my party thing or wants to come, text or call me.

210-865-7744

Getting beer and ****. I only drink darker beer, so if you want bud light or something bring your own.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I'm bringing my 3ds tonight. I know it's not a smashfest, but I won't be drinking too much because of the weather and the drive I have to make home.

I'm still bringing some Jameson for us @ ryuujinx ryuujinx ! I'll probably get there around 7 with some pizza if that's cool.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'm new to San Antonio and I am lookin for a group of people for home games. I live in the stone oak area, so ideally around there.

I played tons of the N64 version, and melee as well. I got a Wii and brawl, but by then my friends went their own ways. So, I haven't played for years. I am looking to get back into it with the wiiu release.

I'll be at the ultra event on Saturday if anyone else wants to meet up. My name is Chris, feel free to hit me up 210-331-3396.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Characters getting things the have in the 3DS removed for the Wii-U version yet Palutena can still abuse Lightweight to hell and back on platforms. Absolutely hilarious.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Everything mimgrim said was fine apart from they being misspelled as "the"

I sure love smash brudders. Teaching my wife is fun, especially since S4 is the easiest to pick up for newbies. I will cry tears of joy if/when she takes tournament matches from randoms eventually.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

I'm new to San Antonio and I am lookin for a group of people for home games. I live in the stone oak area, so ideally around there.

I played tons of the N64 version, and melee as well. I got a Wii and brawl, but by then my friends went their own ways. So, I haven't played for years. I am looking to get back into it with the wiiu release.

I'll be at the ultra event on Saturday if anyone else wants to meet up. My name is Chris, feel free to hit me up 210-331-3396.
Welcome! It'll be nice having someone to play against that lives close by. I'll be at the Ultra event as well. Find me there so I'll know who you are.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Oh shoot, I was thinking of the tourney next Saturday. I'm not sure if that's what Chris was referring to or not.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I was talking about the turkey throwdown on the 22nd. And thanks for heads up about my forum name, I will think about changing.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Yea that was fun Ryuu! Anyone up for online? I know it's tough to play on the 3ds with the wiiu version right around the corner, but my fantasy team already locked in the win so there's not much to do.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Now's a good time as any to remind everyone that NIDs are on the first page, so anyone looking to add anyone can just check that out for future reference.

:applejack:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I'm so lost on NIDs, I don't have my wiiu yet but is it just a log on? I'm gonna need a noob walk through so I do it right.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Your WiiU has it's own friend's list that is used to add players for games that are online. It's the WiiU equivalent of friend codes.
You make one when you get your WiiU, then just add others to your list and you're done. Pretty simple when you get your hands on it.

I'll add you when I get back from work Smiles. :applejack:

Top Bottom