• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

babybwake

Smash Cadet
NNID
babybwake
what do you mean?
oh lmao that first round when we were all kinda just running around the field. but what happened to our connection just now?

I'm not sure what's going on, but wow it's bad haha

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
not sure, let me try a thing and see if it fixes it. next round, don't attack, just test latency
doesn't seem to be on my end. it's either you, or just the connection we have between us is getting some interference somewhere.

Last edited:

babybwake

Smash Cadet
NNID
babybwake
oh sorry didn't see that post, i'll go back one sec. you wanna try hosting?

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
That first round I was waiting for cc to sd since we hadn't played a stock match yet. I should have just jumped off, but I was ready to play :)

Good games. I can tell y'all are learning the matchup better.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
A small Road to TGC 2 update: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-2-free-food-free-venue-houston-texas.370613/

Hey guys, tonight around 2am central time, the 1st Mario Kart DLC pack will be released. TGC 2 will support the DLC for its Mario Kart 8 event so it is in your best interest to get the DLC and train on the new stages before TGC 2.

To see what you get in the DLC pack, go here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...around_the_legend_of_zelda_x_mario_kart_8_dlc

Also, for those of you that want early practice on the final WiiU version of smash 4, GameStop is doing a smash WiiU demo from 6pm-9pm on Nov 14th. This practice, along with the 15 days of practice after the release of Smash WiiU on Nov 21st is a decent head start in preparation for TGC 2.

To see a list of locations that have the WiiU smash demo, please go here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SuperSmashBros_Demo/

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Yay! They are having something at the stone oak location for once :D I will probably swing by after dinner to at least see if the line isn't too long to get in a few games.

Does anyone want to play online? I'm trying to get my money's worth on the 3ds since I plan on keeping it only a week or two more.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Gg @ babybwake babybwake I think I'm done for the night. My hands are getting oddly sweaty. The kind of sweaty that comes out in thick brown globules and smells of french toast.

babybwake

Smash Cadet
NNID
babybwake
I'm off today and am ready for some rounds for the next 12 hours with anyone else up for it :skull:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
if you're still around before I have to leave for work, I'll try to get in a couple matches.

that is, if I'll ever get a responce from the host, I.E. you. :p

Last edited:

babybwake

Smash Cadet
NNID
babybwake
Welp, I'm crushed. Gonna try out the MK8 dlc. I'll play more later on when I bounce back~

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Don't get too down. Diddy is just a super strong character to play against. Especially with 3ds making it difficult to maneuver.

@Paw get out of For Glory and play me :) or someone join my room.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Holy balls hopefully Diddy's janky side-b is a little easier to deal with on the Wii U version. Seems like rolling backwards is the only thing that doesn't lose to it consistently lmao. ggs

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Lmao hopefully D3s janky gordos are easier to deal with on the wiiu ;) yea rolling backwards is usually the best option if you see it coming. GGs, except for the diddy dittos. Yuck!

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
all you do against gordo is throw out a hitbox and they bounce back at him
It will be easier to space fairs and time fsmashes with a cstick. That's what I was getting at.

With the 3ds I just spam peanuts, which actually works out ok. I just can't wait to have an actual controller :/

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
One week remaining.
Who else is going hard on release? From release I won't go back to work until December. I'll be hosting all week for small groups of people. Anybody else doing this? I'd like to take my bois around town playing everyone we can.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/11/14/a-ring-and-a-prayer
I'm not sure if I'm getting the game or not, but I'm getting a controller for sure. I really want to get in a lot of games the first few weeks. Let me know if you have extra room for me at anything you host.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I need to get in some more online matches with you people.
What do you mean YOU PEOPLE

I saw a little mac do something interesting online. They airdodged up before up B to get a little extra height on that crappy recovery. Did it work? It looked like it did.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 for the wiiu felt smooth! It sold me. I'll be getting the game.

Anyone want to play at Ultra today? Or anywhere really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom