• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO! (updated on 4-19-2013)

Tesh

Smash Hero
This thread will be updated the day after the results of HOBO 39 are final.
Hopefully this included the Revolution thread finally coming up. We REALLY need it up now that event #1 has passed.

Tesh

Smash Hero
thread isn't up, but the date is still confirmed, chill out, you are making us look bad in front of jnig

Tesh

Smash Hero
In other news:

There is no megabus stop in or near Tyler afaik, but you can still buy your tickets early for Nikefest 5 in San Antonio while its super cheap.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Greyhound is like ....50 times more expensive than megabus so tyler will be a bunch of carpools im sure.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
If people need a lift from the bus station, i can probably swing a ride on my way to the event. I live like 10 minutes from it and literally can alter my usual route to accommodate the pick up.

Also, if any oos people fly in(lol yeah right) i can pick them up at the tyler airport as well. Also, whats up with the next event? Where's the thread?

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Date was pretty secure. Only issue was venue which would've been known within a week.

Denti asked me to make the thread for him so he didn't have to do all the work for it.
The thread was an official LSC tournament thread, he said he will still host the event, but wants the thread up now so there's time.

Dentis in deep depression right now because of what's going on and doesn't want to leave his house anytime soon.
Thread was fine IMO but whatever.
Don't pull the trigger on plan B.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Dude he doesn't even have a venue and its already march 15th (he should have had it 2-3 weeks BEFORE hobo 39) and that means AT BEST the date/real thread would be up by next week. This gives him about 20 days (we agreed to do LSC events on the 2nd weekend of each month) or less to advertise his LSC event. If he does it any other weekend after the 2nd weekend it will cause all the rest of the LSC events either be pushed off a week (which again, isnt part of the agreement we had) or cause them to have less advertising time.

So yeah im prob gonna do plan B by monday. Reason why is:

1. he has no venue
2. no thread
3. depression is a choice and who knows how long he will choose to stay down in the dumps.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If the LSC is messed up solely cause of Denti feeling depressed about Houston and everyone else cheering for the underdog during a match, I'm gonna be slightly upset at these turn of events.

Xyro77

Though i don't know WHY he is depressed, i doubt its that. Whatever it is, get over it. if you are not strong enough to make that choice than pass on the torch. even i had to do that at one point and i guarantee my situation was literally a trillion times more dire than w/e he is dealing with.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Move it back a week, I want to go!

Don't move it back a week, it would conflict with the MWW circuit

Too bad you can't move it up a week :p

Teshie U

Smash Lord
i dont think denti is staying mad over brawl

bottom line is xyro is right if he had been on schedule then whatever is going on wouldnt be interfering because he would already have everything taken care of

but real life comes first so dont get mad if xyro has to step in and fix it

Xyro77

Yeah I totally agree real life comes first. Just pass off yo smash duties until you are back to your normal Pikmin thowin self.

Whatever. If any of you know what his deal is, maybe give him a call or text and wish him well. It may help him.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, I really don't care, circuit or not. As long as the events themselves are as fun as HOBO 39 was. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Whobos less hype than LSC?

Wow, just...wow.

Xyro77

Talked to denti. He won't have. Venue/thread up by today or this weekend or Monday. He confirmed he's out of smash until further notice.

Knowing this, I have a plan B. Here it is: we cancel the circuit BUT we still have the SA and Tyler event (maybe have a HOBO thrown in there) and pretty much turn it into a "road to WHOBO" type of thing. We can use the "circuit fee" that we implemented and is now a "WHOBO fee" and it still carries out the same duty which is a pot bonus for the final event (WHOBO).

Or

If you still wanna stick with plan A: we just skip April and carry on like normal in may (SA), June (Tyler), July (Dallas ran by alsm), August (hobo 40), skip sept, WHOBO in October.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
i agree with espy mk banned has its own special hype and draws oos to a unique event

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Because MK steals wins, like how he almost stole Hobo 39, ya poopface.

Yeahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

DWI..and such.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
there have been 4 WHOBO's and one LSC.

LSC is more hype, obviously if it brought 57 people to a local tourney.

I don't care anymore, go with either plan.
Tyler is May tho btw

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wrong as usual, rt.
Glad to see you agree MK doesn't steal wins then. :)

there have been 4 WHOBO's and one LSC.

LSC is more hype, obviously if it brought 57 people to a local tourney.
If you want to compare numbers, Whobos bring in 100-ish people each time and considered a national. And the Whobos have had far more hype matches.

Have you even been to a Whobo? Or do you enjoy being wrong?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Having been to each and every WHOBO, and through the first LSC, I can tell you right now that WHOBO itself is far more hype. Not even the LSC Championship can match up to the amazing experiences I've had at WHOBOs.

LSC is cool, but WHOBOs are eternal.

HOBO39 brought a lot of people because Houston is a damn hive of Smashers, SA finally decided to show up, and because Xyro was the TO.
I doubt being a LSC event really mattered to most of the players there. :applejack:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure every old gen there and all of SA literally SAID they were going/returning for the LSC.

As far as I can tell, 6 ~60 man tournies of mostly Texan players will better revive the scene than another WHOBO.
I'm not against another WHOBO. I'm against canceling the LSC.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
It's just pretty much just changing the name dude, and re-arranging some of the events. Having another whobo would be awesome. m2k come take the money again pls.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'm pretty sure every old gen there and all of SA literally SAID they were going/returning for the LSC.

As far as I can tell, 6 ~60 man tournies of mostly Texan players will better revive the scene than another WHOBO.
I'm not against another WHOBO. I'm against canceling the LSC.

HOBO was giong to be the only ~60 man tournament, I promise.

Top Bottom