• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO! (updated on 4-19-2013)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
This is gonna be super interesting/hype. I hope Dojo comes back for the whole circuit~

Y.b.M. Said Salem has inspired him to come back to brawl, but he doesn't know if he will or not. We'll see! Hope he does!

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
I'm trying very hard to get this venue right here for Revolution 13. Aka the second stop for the LSC2 in Dallas in the month of April.

The venue has tons of space, a projector, lights, all the chairs and tables we will need, very very nearby food (like if I tiled the camera you could see the cafeteria), we can be as loud as we want, and there will be tons of random players because it is on the University of North Texas and I will be putting up around a 100-150 fliers. I'm going to try and talk to the University's gaming club to see if they will come and or spread the word about my tournament. If I get this venue (which I've seen Brawl tournaments held here before) I will GUARANTEE A MINIMUM OF 50 PLAYERS AT THIS EVENT!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+++++++++ Lets raise the hype up a notch +++++++++

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
LIVESTREAMING AT LSC2

I need EVERYONE who has some equipment that can be used to livestream to contact me here, on facebook(https://www.facebook.com/jared.frazier.58), or on AiB(http://allisbrawl.com/profile/TM+icecream.ai), and tell me what you have that can be used to make the streams happen.

I have a Dazzle capture card, and the cables/splitters to hook it all up. We still need:
A computer(I have one I can use at the Tyler event only)
2 headsets for commentary, or at least one
Capture Card for events I can't attend(I don't plan on attending SA's event, it's too far for me, and I may not make the two houston events but I'm trying my hardest to)
A higher quality capture card if you have it for any of the events
MAYBE a webcam for a player cam
MAYBE a webcam(probably will be one in computer) for commentator cam

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU CAN BRING AND WHAT EVENTS YOU PROBABLY CAN BRING IT TO THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LETS COME TOGETHER AND STREAM EVERY EVENT YA'LL!

Dnyce

Smash Master
I take it the LSC fee goes toward some type of pot bonus for the championship? If so, is that only singles, or both singles and doubles... cause $2 seems like a jank amount if the later :shyguy:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The circuit fee is 2-3$ (it's up to the TO). If 30-50 show up to each event (except the championships) that's a decent pot bonus. The championships will have a higher circuit fee (prob 5$).

Iirc, last time single/double and AM bracket got money but only singles got pot bonus. I'd have to look it up again but something like that happened.

:phone:

Xyro77

Denit, Mr GW and all the other TOs involved, please make your threads asap. the more advertisement the better.

Tesh

Smash Hero
lol regarts

reported

edit: denti whats the word on that gorgeous venue man?

Tesh

Smash Hero

Hope you all enjoy and get excited for the circuit, only 8 days away now.

Xyro77

8 more days until HOBO 39, guys. If you are going, please bring a full set-up and please be early. Im running 4-5 events in one day.

edit: tesh, that was a bad ass video dude. good job.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
slush, it's a joke only tesh would get. i don't actually care if im in the vid. im just glad i wasn't one of the ****-ies like asa, denti, and whoever the hell trela was fairing

Xyro77

This thread will be updated the day after the results of HOBO 39 are final.

Xyro77

LAST MINUTE INFO/REMINDERS TO THOSE GOING TO HOBO 39

1. Please be at the venue between 11-11:30am for sign-ups and warm ups. I will start between 12-12:30 and i will not allow friendlies during that time unless we are ahead of scheduled. If i catch you doing friendlies i auto DQ you from all events you have entered. Dont like it? DEAL WITH IT!

2. I am running 4-5 events tomorrow. Regular 1vs1/2vs2, Mid+Low tier 2vs2 and P:M 1vs1 (if there is time ill do P:M 2vs2). If we are falling behind and may not make it out of the venue by midnight, i will cancel side events. If that little tid bit of info scares you, please read #3 (below).

3. Please bring a full set-up. Wii/ssbb/tv. If you absolutely cannot bring all 3 items, please at least bring a wii/ssbb. No matter how good of a TO i am (and trust me, im down right GODLY) i cannot make a 50 man event finish on time with 4 set-ups. Set-ups determine the speed of ANY event. If you bring more set-ups, we finish earlier and/or get ahead of schedule and ill allow friendlies.

4. Though not required, if anybody can bring $5 bills and $1 bills, you will be shot straight up to the front of the line when it comes to signing up/entering events. I will need change badly due to that one ASS HOLE who gives me a 100$ bill.

5. If you need a partner for any event, please talk to me. I can help you find others who are in the same boat.

6. If you get lost, are going to be late, leave for food during the event or simply wanna talk to me about how you still wet your bed at night, im just a short toll free call away at 409 692 0697.

Top Bottom