• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO! (updated on 4-19-2013)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, for the last time, PLEASE stop spamming this thread. Take that bull corn to the Houston thread. If you refuse, i will literally crap in yo burger and make you eat it at every LSC event you attend.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Oh. Mybadddd

AYO this stuffs goes down in just a couple of months! After apex we need everyone to put this thing on blast and we need mohumpin Nike to go write a thing in the FB group Nike for real come on~

:phone:

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I am going to address something from the DFW thread that might have rubbed some of you the wrong way, especially to xyro.

I think that you are big boys, and having this circuit is a grand idea, though in my opinion a little misguided. It[the circuit] doesn't address the critical area of the target audience, and that is people who are in college who can't travel to every circuit event outside their local ones. What I mean by that is that for every one that shows up to a circuit event outside their city, there are at least five or ten people who are in college who wish to be at that event.

Even if that tournament draws in out of state attention, it will be a problem maximizing numbers if some of the competition can't make it due to school. That is why I don't like the no tournament restriction, and if some school kid wishes to run one for his school, we shouldn't be all snotty and say that they can't do it because of some silly circuit.

If the point of the entire circuit is to build up the community as a state, why should we stop some fledgling TO who wishes to run a Brawl tournament for his school just because he wouldn't get some of the numbers that he wishes, or is quite possibly expecting when we all know that it will be a local tournament that won't get any state wide attention.

You yourself, Xyro, made it perfectly clear that the circuit is above all not only to me(by ******* on my plans) but to every TO in the state. Are you actually threatened by some local tournament by college kids?

Tesh

Smash Hero
*sigh*

No one is stopping you from running a tournament, sir. Just know that for some people who can't afford to travel out of their city every week to go to a tournament they will likely prioritize a circuit event. It says in the OP that local events are encouraged.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I believe Xyro even said in that thread that they are not stopping you from holding your event, only recommending that you don't.

What other TOs need to understand is that NO ONE can stop you from running event. The TOs in the LSC are not trying to do that. What we are doing is RECOMMENDING that the TOs involved (as well as the TOs not involved) not host anything bigger than smashfests during the circuit season.
Seriously, he isn't out to get you because he feels threatened by your event. Go ahead and hold it.
As Tesh mentioned, you just might not get the attendance you want from people attending the circuit events.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Me and Xyro never said that, actually we said the opposite to you lol.

K_bot was gonna host for his charity, and I just said "well that's during the circuit event, so you may not get as much attendance, but good luck to you anyways!" Or something along those lines.

What I didn't say was "don't host during the almighty circuit pls ty"

Xyro77

I think that you are big boys, and having this circuit is a grand idea, though in my opinion a little misguided. It[the circuit] doesn't address the critical area of the target audience, and that is people who are in college who can't travel to every circuit event outside their local ones. What I mean by that is that for every one that shows up to a circuit event outside their city, there are at least five or ten people who are in college who wish to be at that event. Even if that tournament draws in out of state attention, it will be a problem maximizing numbers if some of the competition can't make it due to school.
The circuit covers many cities over many months. So if you (not YOU but "you" as in "the public") cant make ANY of them due to school then you simply suck and scheduling or you have to much stuff going on in your life and BOTH of those are not my fault. if you can make it to one or 2 of them, then that's fine. No tournament or tournament series is going to be on a good date for EVERYBODY.

That is why I don't like the no tournament restriction, and if some school kid wishes to run one for his school, we shouldn't be all snotty and say that they can't do it because of some silly circuit.

If the point of the entire circuit is to build up the community as a state, why should we stop some fledgling TO who wishes to run a Brawl tournament for his school just because he wouldn't get some of the numbers that he wishes, or is quite possibly expecting when we all know that it will be a local tournament that won't get any state wide attention.
No one here is stopping that new TO from running an event at any venue or on any date he wishes. I was simply recommending to TOs that they dont do it during the circuit era because most smashers will probably go to the circuit events. If that TO wishes to ignore me and do their own event then by all means do so. But dont be pissed if the results/attendance isn't what you would like it to be.

You yourself, Xyro, made it perfectly clear that the circuit is above all not only to me(by ******* on my plans) but to every TO in the state.
HOBO, WHOBO or Circuit is on no higher horse than any other event ( now i may come off like HOBO is the end-all-be-all series but that is just me being a moron). I just helped picked some dates and worked with some other TOs and this is what we came up with (the circuit). I know it sounds rude/unfair/mean but dude someone is always going to be stepped on in any given situation. Appeasing every possibel person is just not possible without hurting the over all goal.

Are you actually threatened by some local tournament by college kids?

I started doing events in 04 and not ONCE have i been worried about anothers TO/event taking my attendance except for MLG/APEX (i try and work around those two). Other than those two, I will not bend to any other events. I do what i want and i do it when i want. If that attitude causes me to fail or succeed, i accept it. If someone wants to work with me, i am totally open to the idea however. So if that college kid is pissed cause his event may not do well, then maybe he should contact us and combine with us to form an event larger event? He would promote us and we would promote him. His event/our event/smash/the scene would all benefit from it.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
still trying a carpool for this. may or may not need housing. depends on the amount of people who pool with me and when we can leave. =/

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
someone plz poke nike with a knife until he fills out that info I need to make an article, at this rate the circuit is gonna start before I can do it, loool

Nike.

Smash Hero
Omg on facebook?!? Okay that makes sense. Why do we even have the group there?

All right, just PM me here.

Xyro77

Omg on facebook?!? Okay that makes sense. Why do we even have the group there?

All right, just PM me here.
dude just get on FB group. everyones responses are there but yours. F-ing NIKE THE LAZY BICH.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The hell are you guys using Facebook for this nonsense anyways? We have groups here. :applejack:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
If you get on Facebook now, you should have a notification cause I just tagged you in the comments of that post. again

Xyro just told me to make an FB group the day I brought up LSC in the Houston thread

Tesh

Smash Hero
The .png on the facebook page looks horrible because the background is white. You should probably just use this.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Y.b.M. is rapping and infern is.... being chill with him I guess.

The only way I know of contacting them is throw Y.b.M.'s youtube account where he posts his raps and stuff loooooool

Top Bottom