• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
i...just....can't...BELIEVE..out of ALL THE POKEMONs...the FREAKIN TRAINER HAS TO MAKE IT?!?!

THIS IS BULL**** !!!!

DAMMIT SAKURAI !! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

*warning EXTREMELY pissed off person*
The trainer didn't make it, the original starter Pokemon made it. With a trainer in the background to look pretty.
Also, why are we talking about this?

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
*sigh*

.......ok, let me look at it in a more positive way if possible....

since if they have THIS much space to throw around in putting in TOTALY BULL**** newcomers, there's almost no question that popular characters, aka Ridley, Wolf, etc are shoe-ins..

Fawriel

Smash Master
Indeed.
A mere character model suddenly doesn't seem like as much before. o_o
There might just be, like, 45 characters...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok, why is Red a Bull**** character? 'cause he is 3 characters in one? oh real lame...

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Ok, why is Red a Bull**** character? 'cause he is 3 characters in one? oh real lame...
yea. and hes not really even 3 characters anyway. no more than zelda/sheik is two anyway. but i spose peoples opinions will vary here, and sheik is probably a bad example cos ppl will be like, "ZOMG SHEIK = TEH OVARPOARDNESSS!!11!!!111!"

but seriously, damage carries over, and you can't use the same pokemon for ages without some kind of drawback. this = cheap?

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
i think it is the opposite actually ^_^

people won't go "HE IS A DRAGON , HE'LL LOOK AWKWARD" "TOO BIG" etc.

this proves that "CHARACTERS WITH BIG WINGS" can make it.

i am more pissed off about the IDEA of Red..he just reduce Lucario and the other pokemons chances....what make it worse is they are 1st gen....why didn't they put monsters from the newest games???

>=(

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I just love this update. not only does he look like an awesome character who's going to be my new main, but I just love to see all the anguish and despair of all who hated red in the past. now please excuse me as I laugh at your pain:

OHHAHAHAHAHAHHOHOHOHAHAHAH :laugh:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Ridley needs to be in Brawl.

Lol. This will never happen but imagine they dont put ridley in the game and as alt costumes for the pokemon trainer he has a purple charizard.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I WILL F***ING KILL NINTENDO IF THEY DO THAT TO ME. but come ON. either they put Ridley in the game, or they die. do you SERIOUSLY think they want to die XD j/k j/k

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
i think it is the opposite actually ^_^

people won't go "HE IS A DRAGON , HE'LL LOOK AWKWARD" "TOO BIG" etc.

this proves that "CHARACTERS WITH BIG WINGS" can make it.

i am more pissed off about the IDEA of Red..he just reduce Lucario and the other pokemons chances....what make it worse is they are 1st gen....why didn't they put monsters from the newest games???
>=(
Sorry for what I'm about to say here...But I can't stand that statement...
First of all, speaking from SSB terms, Remember Mr. Game And Watch? I'll bet that most kids dont know who he is, nor would most adults. G@W was a call back to an earlyer time, and his inclusion was a nice tidbit for some older gamers.

Older kids will know Squirtle and Ivysaur, and all pokemon fans young and old know Charazard. It bugs me how some people thing newer is better. (Not saying you do, just what you said sparked my post here, not isolating you in anyway ;) ) To be honest, I'd much rather have Charmander and not Chimchar, I'd rather have Eevee, not Leafeon, I'd rather have Mewtwo, not Deyoxs. (Oh Noes!) Hell, I'd rather have Mother Brain, not Dark Samus.

Again, not hateing on you, just that statement in general. :)

Caael

Smash Lord
What the HELL?!?!?

Pokemon Trainer?! Do you just press down B every so often, and match won?

WTH? STFU! GTFO!

I'm angry because pokemon trainer is gay, and Ridley should be there first, and I didn't sleep at all on the plane back from Thailand. 14 hours. No sleep

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Alittle hard on Red eh? Just because Ridley hasn't been confirmed dosn't mean Red took his spot. And about your second statement, Red will work just like anyone else, but with the abillity to switch modes. Doing nothing but switching modes will just weaken the pokemon untill they suck hard. Don't like it, don't play him.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I don't know who could really be more deserving than the main character of one of Nintendo's most Popular franchises... ;)

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is a Dragon, Char is like a dragon, Ridley works?!
But seriously, we do need to get back on topic. I think Ridleys FS should be flying off screen, then comming at the screen from behind the stage, picking up one character mid flight, and slamming him into the screen, with glass cracking effect. Epic no?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
^^^^^
close. he divebombes and if successfully grabs a character, he pulls them all the way upscreen and you see them dying in the back ground, as ridley divebombs someone else.

it is called <Predator Strike>

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Come on, you cant pass up the glass break...They could slide down the screen too, classic. Comedy at its finest!

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
No skull cracking...Neck snapping with Snake is a Maybe however. And anyone else thing unlimited flying (Third time mentioning it) Is a good idea if done right?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Oh,come on,the Pokemon Trainer is actually a good update. You guys are just update because you think this hurts Ridley's chances because they would be similiar. Worry not,I mean,they have 4 sword users in the game already,why not two dragons?

Also,Sakurai must like first gen characters. I think this screws over Lucario.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
No, pkmn trainer is my favorite so far, because of charizard. check out my character selection thread (dead but not locked)
but it would be funny. i like first gen as well. and the fourth gen characters were still in development, so i think there is no chance for them in brawl.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Irrespective of Red and Charizard, Ridley still has a place in Brawl.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
of course. ridley is already in brawl, sakurai just hasn't revealed him yet, with dedede and diddy kong. krystal, geno, and sonic are debatable, but i bet their in.

NukeA6

Smash Master
You should all be happy about today's update. It's pretty much a *****slap to the Ridley nay-sayers. Ridley can still get in. Remember the other Ridley forms. Just combine some of their attacks and throw into the default form. And there you go, an original character by the name of Ridley.

Though, now that I think of it, Ridley = AT now worries me.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
They cant put him just as an AT but the more I think about it the more I see it possibly happening.

Samurai Goroh as an AT...pah I dont mind but if Ridley was an AT thats just a slap in the face. People would lose their sanity.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Look at Charizards size... he is like twice that size in the Pokemon universe

So now we have another thing to show those anti Ridley peeps.

O yhea all short story entries PM them to me peeps cos im not reading through these past pages.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i do have to say that, now with charizard as a playable character, it would help the arguement of ridley's form in brawl. i mean ridley could be that size, just skinnier and faster, with all the same attachments (tail, wing, etc)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Look at Charizards size... he is like twice that size in the Pokemon universe

So now we have another thing to show those anti Ridley peeps.

O yhea all short story entries PM them to me peeps cos im not reading through these past pages.
What? I'm taller (slightly!) than Charizard... he's only 5'7".

Charizard... I mean... Ridley for Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom