• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I hope I'm not too late...
---

Ridley awoke in his cell on some federation planet. The Federation had kept him in their deepest jail and cloned him to figure out his secrets. Of course, the clone had also nearly obliterated them. He knew it was probably kept in some type of restraint. He knew he was only alive because they thought he knew Space Pirate secrets. However, they learned early on that trying to interrogate him was futile.
Because of Federation prisoner laws, they let him have the news. Apparently, the Hunter had destroyed a research lab and was facing a trial. The rest had been “classified.” The federation had always tried to cover everything up.
However, another thing interested him: The hunter was infused with Metroid DNA. What did this mean? Ridley realized the applications of this... What powers did she have? Ridley knew without a shadow of a doubt that he would also need this treatment in order to keep up with her.
Still, she was facing relief of duty or even jail. His only chance of revenge was at hand and he knew that he had to summon as much power as he could to escape. He ate the dreadful prison rations and then called the guard.
A screen on Ridley’s wall lit up.
“So... you agreed to tell us about your little friends.” The face on the screen said in a mocking tone
“I do. If my data is correct, will you release me?” Ridley said, with great reluctance
“That depends on what you tell me. If it’s important-”
Ridley cut him off
“There is a secret Pirate lab on Io in the Federation’s own system”
The man looked startled.
“This... this must be a lie.”
“It is not.”
The man mumbled “Well, I’ll call you as soon as I find out.”
It was mere minutes before the man called back.
“It seems you are correct... Hmph. Well, fine. My superiors say that this is not all the information you must have, so we’re transporting you to another location.”
Ridley roared in frustration. However, this was a facade. He had expected it to happen. He boarded a cell in the back of a small ship. Ridley tore at the gravity plating until it was too damaged to work. Since space was his natural environment, his immune system was enhanced in zero gravity. The sedatives began to fail. After a while, they sent some guard to investigate the problem. He used his element of surprise and blew him away with his fire breath. The startled pilots looked back. He overpowered them without too much problem.
Ridley took over the ship, but the stunt he pulled ensured that once they found out, he would not be able to return to the Space Pirates without the Hunter’s head on a platter. Ridley was able to hack into the ship and redirected it to a high ranking Federation base...

Samus Aran groaned in frustration. The federation had made a blunder and now that she had saved them, she was now going to court. However, though she could keep her Omega suit, she wasn’t allowed to wear it in court or if she was arrested. However, she figured since it was the end of her lifelong nemesis Ridley, she could at least rest easy about that.
She was in a station orbiting the planet Karlon Delta. Her lawyer had helped create a pretty solid case, but she was still afraid that it wouldn’t help much. Nobody else had really realized how dangerous the X were. On top of that, she figured the only remains of the X were “Food” for her suit, and a pile of space debris, so no research could be subjected. Unbeknownst to her, this was not the case.
An SA-X, (the original, in fact) had clung to the landing gear of her ship. It was recuperating. It had been crushed the whole way. However, it was curious about the sense of duty and emotions humans felt, so it decided to lay low and observe. It found a random human and absorbed its DNA. It shifted into a mix between Aran, and the human. It maintained a discreet distance at all times.
A day later, the SA-X was able to speak in human language and imitate basic emotions. It had found that imitating humanoids made emotions easier. Many emotions were pleasurable or even if not, had positive effects.

Ridley infiltrated a high ranking federation lab using his captor’s credentials. Since he sent them over the docking computer, he was able to get in without being directly detected. He managed to obtain a cell colony of a metroid. He stole some lab equipment and then prepared the procedure in stasis while the ship was en route to the space station where the Hunter’s Trial was sure to occur.

Samus was going over her case again, when it happened: An alarm went off. She instinctively donned her power suit and ran out into the hall. She didn’t go far when she met a civilian running away.
“Run! It’s a...!”
“Where?!”
She got no reply as the civilian sprinted away. She ran in the direction the civilian came from and was incredibly surprised.
“Ridley!? But you’re dead!”
“Dead?”
“You were absorbed at the research- never mind. What do you want?”
“I suppose payback for all you’ve done to me-“
“Hold it.”
The SA-X stepped out.
“So, you must be... Ridley. I seem to recall a part of me absorbing a clone of you. Unfortunately, that X died. However, that will not stop me from absorbing you!”
“No! I can’t let you! He doesn’t have the Metroid vaccine-“
“Who said I don’t?” Ridley said. He then revealed his enhanced talons and teeth. His eyes glowed.
The SA-X was stunned.
“How-“ the SA-X began
“-did you know?” Samus interupted
“Know what?” Ridley‘s attitude changed. Something strange was afoot.
“Wait, if you didn’t get the metroid vaccine because of the X...”
The three stared at each other at a loss for words. All three wanted the other two dead. The X wanted to become Samus and Ridley. Samus wanted to exterminate the X and wanted to settle a lifelong grudge. Ridley wanted information about this “X” and also wanted the grudge to end.
“Well now... show me what you’ve got.” Ridley snarled.
“Right then.”
The three charged at each other...

----

Well, what do you think? I'll leave the aftermath up to the reader.
Pretty good. The only thing I found ridiculous was that Ridley talks, but other than that it's pretty good.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
But I thought you said you won't be posting anymore because classes will be starting soon. By the time we reach 9000 (probably around five weeks from now) you'll be in school right? So how are you going to get the 9000th post?
Yeah, I'll only be checking in from time to time, but I'll keep up with the daily post counts when I do to figure out around when we'll likely approach 9000. The only bad part will be if it's during some Monday or Wednesday where I'm off at class all day. That'd just suck...but I'll be popping in from time-to-time. It just won't be a daily thing.

I hate when Caael and Fawriel and Grim are all gone. This thread goes straight to crap.

And Cenedar's was better.
I told ya... >_>

And anyway, you guys all told me to run off and buy a Wii; so it's all your faults anyway. :p I was also watching all of the Bourne movies tonight.

Random comic time!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/phyvo/Comic/comic2c.png

And yeah, that time too.

Just something I whipped up fairly quickly. I know I forgot it.
Pretty good. I liked it. It made me laugh.

OK, for old time's sake, here we go...
Ready for it?
Are you sure??
R1|)|_3y 40r 73h 8r@\/\/|_2!!!!0|\|311!3113\/3|\|!1

Shuma

Smash Hero
Your scary as hell Grim.

Also, i've dreamed twice of Ridley and D. Samus(with a cool black and green suit) being in Brawl.

Does that make me insane?

Or maybe i'm seeing the future and D. Samus and Ridley ARE in brawl. Awesomeness.

007flash

Smash Journeyman
How about we recap and discuss the flaws of common assumptions by Anti-Ridley fans about why Ridley can't be in Brawl so we can Prevent debates and flame wars and we can get them to understand so they could be Ridley fans as well. But if they are unreasonable, we can point out all of their flaws in purple so we can get them to understand and hurt their eyes to punish them for their insolence.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
How about we recap and discuss the flaws of common assumptions by Anti-Ridley fans about why Ridley can't be in Brawl so we can Prevent debates and flame wars and we can get them to understand so they could be Ridley fans as well. But if they are unreasonable, we can point out all of their flaws in purple so we can get them to understand and hurt their eyes to punish them for their insolence.
So..
1. We think of ways Ridley shouldn't be in Brawl.
2. We contradict ourselves and prove ourselves wrong.
3. We implant them in our minds so we can state them without thinking?

And by We I mean you guys..

Ridley for Brawl :p

007flash

Smash Journeyman
So..
1. We think of ways Ridley shouldn't be in Brawl.
2. We contradict ourselves and prove ourselves wrong.
3. We implant them in our minds so we can state them without thinking?

And by We I mean you guys..

Ridley for Brawl :p
No, we take what Anti-Ridley fans say why Ridley shouldn't be in Brawl and point out the flaws to prove them wrong and stop futile debates in the future and get more Ridley fans.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm a little worried about Ridley now... He looked the way he did in Melee because, Super Metroid was the last Metroid game since then so that's all he had to go off of. But now with the Prime series and it's Meta-Ridley... You don't think Sakurai might use Meta-Ridley instead do you?

It might make since to them since the Prime series is more recent, thus Meta-Ridley might be more recognizable to some people...

Ack, don't screw this up Sakurai. >.<

(Not that Meta-Ridley is bad or anything.. it's just that I think the classic Ridley would be better.)

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
WTF A Screwed Dream

I was having a dream about ssbb last night which was very apealing to me.I was Samus against the final boss on the adventure mode(cant remember its real name)I then got to the final boss on hard mode within 18mins.The final boss was a mechanical god which seemingly had the two hands,master and crazy, though the god seemed to be a robot of somesort with two large yellow consructed eyes that normaly attack with large lazers.the mouth normally spewed out fire.All three target had the own health.Though once i got the mechanical head down to 150%(they all started on 300%) his head became like the two hands and flew about.It was hard to defeat all three of them at once.The master hand was defeated firest then carzy.Thought when that happened the head spawned those weird robot like men(This world...).In the end i did defeat him but then a new challenger appraoch.The silouetie seem the same to ridley and i was excited.The battle began on the artifact temple.Where totems sometimes shot out of the ground and the eyes in the background shot randomly.Ridley looked similar to his Super metroid appearance and from what i seen he looked he could fit in brawl.His wings were always out for attacks and so on.The battle though easy because of his lvl 5 built was fast.Ridley when attacking was very fast.I finally bet him and a few signs appear.

Gratz you bet adventure mode with samus
Grazt you got the samus trophy
The flying being from another world joins you in the brawl:RIDLEY

This dream was ****ed up but i was just sayin.This dream should me Ridley can easyily fit in brawl.

Ridley for the brawl...

Tru-underdog

Smash Journeyman
ridley would be an awesome addition to the smash bros line up he would be able to use his wings as now other characters have wings (metaknight,pit) he also has loads of different moves in the metroid series so he would be nothing like bowser

Tru-underdog

Smash Journeyman
do you reckon they will confirm ridley on smashbros.com or do you reckon we will have to wait till the game comes out to find out?

he could also let loose a load of metroids which suck on to everyone or sutn?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
do you reckon they will confirm ridley on smashbros.com or do you reckon we will have to wait till the game comes out to find out?

he could also let loose a load of metroids which suck on to everyone or sutn?

we will probaly have to find out for ourselfs
but if he is not confirmed on the website then i will do everything thing i can with my best character samus to try and unlock him

btw the metroid idea is could but i think metroids may be an AT but then again look at pits final smash,he calls cratures to do his bidding so mabye this will work

Fawriel

Smash Master
I hate when Caael and Fawriel and Grim are all gone. This thread goes straight to crap.
Yay! I feel appreciated!
...although I'm not sure for what.

I haven't been posting much because I wouldn't know what to contribute, I'm too lazy to write a story ( not to mention that I don't have any ideas ), and you often end up just chatting about stuff like what games to buy... for several pages.
At least I still caught that grim lizard does ballroom dancing. That's what counts.

By the way, someone interpreted the one-liners we posted as a "caption contest".
That's actually a pretty good idea and it would be easier to come up with something than for a short story contest, because that, like, takes effort and stuff.
Only problem I see with it is that we'd probably end up repeating a lot of the "ridley so awesome" one-liners from before.
...well, and we'd need some sort of source for funny Ridley pictures. I can see how that could be a problem. o_0

Oh yeah, gee thanks. I can see how much I'm wanted here...

:runs off sobbing:
Just for the record, I appreciate you.
I have no idea who you are or anything, but I liked your contributions to this thread. As far as I remember. Yeah.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Just for the record, I appreciate you.
I have no idea who you are or anything, but I liked your contributions to this thread. As far as I remember. Yeah.
^_^ Thanks dude.

I guess uh... we can start with that I love Metroid (favorite series next to Zelda), I like Ridley, I make sigs. And I'm a Ganondorf main. :nods: That'll do. :)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
We did that already. We've literally found ways to nullify almost any Anti-Ridley arguments. You just haven't been here that long. That is why you see us bring up pictures and stuff. We've made them and used them before.

I'm a little worried about Ridley now... He looked the way he did in Melee because, Super Metroid was the last Metroid game since then so that's all he had to go off of. But now with the Prime series and it's Meta-Ridley... You don't think Sakurai might use Meta-Ridley instead do you?

It might make since to them since the Prime series is more recent, thus Meta-Ridley might be more recognizable to some people...

Ack, don't screw this up Sakurai. >.<

(Not that Meta-Ridley is bad or anything.. it's just that I think the classic Ridley would be better.)
Metroid: Zero Mission came out in 2004. Plus, Samus is already modeled after Zero Mission, so I'm positive we will see a classic Ridley and NO Meta Ridley at all.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Metroid: Zero Mission came out in 2004. Plus, Samus is already modeled after Zero Mission, so I'm positive we will see a classic Ridley and NO Meta Ridley at all.[/QUOTE]

Because we are getting the zero mission looks ideas such as the arifact temple may not exsist now
the only good thing about meta ridley is that if he appears 'somehow' we have a much larger scope of ideas to take from the metorid franchise...

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'd be happy with either Ridley or Meta Ridley. Although my IDEAL would be classic Ridley with Meta as a costume. That would be awesome.

Ridley for Brawl.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He will just take anything he thinks will fit from the Metroid franchise... and this Aran is modeled after her prime looks... just with a few alterations of course!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Shes modeled from her prime suit cause the zero mission suit is modeled from prime, so its 50/50...

MP3 ridley FTW, the wings are just to **** awesome...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Shes modeled from her prime suit cause the zero mission suit is modeled from prime, so its 50/50...

MP3 ridley FTW, the wings are just to **** awesome...
I know, but I'm tired of hearing "OMFG !t'5 teh Pr1M3 $u!7 bUt 70|\|eD d0\/\/n!!!" Which is the Zero Mission suit.

ZM suit = Toned down Prime suit = Brawl Suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom