• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I KNOW its the zero suit, but the Zero suit is modeled from the prime suit, so its kinda 50/50, prime was the 1st to use lights on the chest and shoulder pads in the varia suit...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Zero mission one was just a little less bulky... thats all.l.. why are we arguing over this? (Do you hate Prime or something?)

Super > Prime1 > And i just cant decide after that...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The screw attack? well im not sure what else they could use..Maybe a Metroid? but the symbol has become to iconic of the Metroid franchise to change it so... o well ODIN XD.

Stryks

Smash Hero
How about the Space pirate symbol? its some sorth of claw-looking symbol on the space pirate logs in mp1 or mp2... I dont remember...

Tough he has to have the screw attack symbol, since it represents the series...

007flash

Smash Journeyman
Remember when
Ridley was a mini boss back in metroid 1? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Back in the ness everyone was a mini boss minus the last boss.

Also the metroid zero mission's suit has lights not 'cause of prime but 'cause they couldn't add the lights in the nes-snes because of hardware limitations, remember the intro in Super Metroid? Samus's suit had lights.

Also, Metroid Prime's suit has a silver cannon, the 2d metroid games have the green canon.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yeah, the gun is green in all the games, but aside from that, you're right Shuma. I just watched the beginning cutscene to Super Metroid and she had lights then, too. This proves Stryks' theory wrong. Brawl Samus is officially modeled after Zero Mission Samus. Plus, that would only make sense, considering Zero Suit Samus is in the game and her final smash is Zero Laser.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Back in the ness everyone was a mini boss minus the last boss.

Also the metroid zero mission's suit has lights not 'cause of prime but 'cause they couldn't add the lights in the nes-snes because of hardware limitations, remember the intro in Super Metroid? Samus's suit had lights.

Also, Metroid Prime's suit has a silver cannon, the 2d metroid games have the green canon.
Wrong, samus had a light in her power suit, but in the varia suit, where prime and zero mission have lights in the shoulder pads and chest, theyre no where to be found...

dont take my word for it:

Actual sprites form the game,and dont give me the limitation carp, im sure thay coul have placed some 30 xtra green pixels where the shoulder and chest are to represent the lights...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Can't we just drop it and agree that it's her Zero Mission suit? I mean, everything points to Samus being modeled after that game. The Prime suit looks like *** anyway.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
WTF!? THEY ALL LOOK THE ****ING SAME!! The only difference might be the size of the balls... yes Samus does have balls... on her shoulder! And seriously don't wanna be rude but Prime1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zero mission.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
WTF!? THEY ALL LOOK THE ****ING SAME!! The only difference might be the size of the balls... yes Samus does have balls... on her shoulder! And seriously don't wanna be rude but Prime1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zero mission.
No, the visors are different, the helmets have a different shape and engravings, Prime suit has lights on the leg, the Prime suit has huge spike things on the knees, and the original suit just looks a lot smoother and overall, better.

Sorry buddy, but 2D Metroids > 3D Metroids.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If you just look up you can see that the sprites have spiked Knees and all those are minor differences and the only 2D one better than Prime1 was super Metroid

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid: Prime
3. Metroid: Fusion
4. Metroid: Zero Mission
5. Metroid
6. Metroid II: Return of Samus
7. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
8. Metroid Prime: Hunters
9: Metroid Prime: Pinball

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea actually id say that list is about right...

But i would put Metroid 2 over Metroid because it was my first one (Ahhhh.... memories)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok first of all, 2d Metroids > 3d Metrois, Metroid Prime sucks in comparison to Super Metroid, if you think otherwise then don't call yourself a metroid fan.

Secondly:

The Canon is Silver/metalic color:

Also, chest light:

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Like I said before shuma, that's the POWER SUIT, the suit they use in smash and most of the prime games is the VARIA SUIT, how can YOU consider urself a metroid fan if u cant tell which suit is which...

and again check the SM sprites I posted above, it doesnt have the lights...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
uh, i can try and finish this argument.

it's a combo of both the prime and zero mission suits, with it harboring diffrent qualities from each suit, just like how fox is a mixture between his 64 and command.

now the real issue should be about ridley, so...

ridley for brawl

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
How could you fit lights on those tiny little things? And I agree with everything Shuma said. It doesn't matter if it was the power suit or the varia suit, the point is, it had lights!

And it's not a Gawd Dam mixture of suits!!! It isn't the ****ing Prime suit at all!! Jesus Christ on a crutch people!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Nooo... it's not a mixture, it is the zero mission suit, even if the zero mission suit stole the lights from metroid prime, it's still the zero mission suit.

the suit they use in smash and most of the prime games is the VARIA SUIT, how can YOU consider urself a metroid fan if u cant tell which suit is which...
You also get to use the Power suit in Metroid Prime 1...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Nooo... it's not a mixture, it is the zero mission suit, even if the zero mission suit stole the lights from metroid prime, it's still the zero mission suit.
you kinda contradicted yourself right there. i mean even if it stole just the lights, it still means it's a mixture

Stryks

Smash Hero
Look the power suit always had a light on the right, and it was lost when samus gain the power suit, now in MP they added lights, that was then used in future games, including MZM...

and its a type of hibrid...

also:

The lights could have been added, sure its not an OMG edit, but im sure they could have done something sick...

You also get to use the Power suit in Metroid Prime 1...
I know THAT, but the varia suit never had lights before MP1, and afterwards, every varia suit, including SSBB has lights now...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Now I'm confused.. get more pictures everyone!
Okay, here's what is happening: Sakurai has modeled Samus in Brawl head to toe after her appearance in Zero Mission. He even has Zero Suit Samus. Now these guys, not wanting to admit that Japan hates Prime and nothing from it is going to appear in Brawl, are trying to tell us that it is a hybrid. I do not know if it's for closure or what, but they're starting to piss me off with their alphan00b logic.

Stryks

Smash Hero
1.- I know japan hates prime, thats pretty clear
2.- SSBB --> Modeled after MZM ---> Varia suit is a modified model of the prime varia suit
so since its using prime properties, its technically a hibrid...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
2.- SSBB --> Modeled after MZM ---> Varia suit is a modified model of the prime varia suit
Okay, I can agree with that. BUT, it isn't a hybrid, it is just the Zero Mission suit. NOT a Prime hybrid or whatever you're calling it. The people who made Zero Mission may have designed the suit with Prime in mind, but Sakurai didn't. Do you see what I am talking about though? The Samus in Brawl shouldn't be referred to or related to in any way with the Prime Samus, as it is modeled purely after the Zero Mission one.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Okay, I can agree with that. BUT, it isn't a hybrid, it is just the Zero Mission suit. NOT a Prime hybrid or whatever you're calling it. The people who made Zero Mission may have designed the suit with Prime in mind, but Sakurai isn't. Do you see what I am talking about though? The Samus in Brawl shouldn't be referred to or related to in any way with the Prime Samus, as it is modeled purely after the Zero Mission one.
So.. hes saying the Varia suit (What ever that is... *slaps self*) was used as a base model for MZM. Then SSBB was modeled after the MZM?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Ok Ridley FTB is that dream a story or not?

And here is the short story contest guys... http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2720083&postcount=6029

sorry about lenght of time to reply bad connection for some while anyway yes that was a dream the most annoying thing was that right after i unlocked ridley it ended so i didnt get to see the char list or use ridley my self

though ridleys look was darker.this time u could see he was a villian on his ssbm trophy he looks like a *******.darker i mean more eviler like he was more intelligant plus his skin was purple but it was a dark purple(SM :psycho:)thpugh his fighting moves seem mostly to be all long ranged and very few had lag.

and for all the arguements above

the suit is vased upon the zero mission,hence the name 'zero' suit samus and so is the varia suit zero mission.the possiblities of meta ridley appearing is still able.Sakurai wants to attract the world so he may put meta ridley in somehow(please not as ridley pc)though his stunning appearance is great.
Metroid prime hit has been given 5 star and this may affect brawl.If go well in japan people will probalby think hey i want to see the whole of the prime series thus enjoying the older ones.with ridley being one of the best bosses in prime one they may want to see more appearances of him in other games(though we all no that is impossible the only game meta-ridley can appear in now in brawl)
this is possible as the realise date is 03 and prime 3 is earlier.they may have enough time to change but

PURPLE RIDLEY FTB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom