• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Someone make a list of who got the thousandth posts! (All 6!)

Yya i got the 6000th post i am a god!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hope fully by the time we get OVER NNNIIINNNEEE TTTTTHHHHHOOOOOUUUUUSSSSSAAAAANNNNND!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!
Ridley will be confirmed.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
But I thought you said you won't be posting anymore because classes will be starting soon. By the time we reach 9000 (probably around five weeks from now) you'll be in school right? So how are you going to get the 9000th post?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The only thing keeping me awake (Even though its 10:30 here -.-) is the Show me your news podcast -_-

Legolastom

Smash Hero
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
RIDLEY SHORT STORY CONTEST

Thanks for the idea, Legolastom.

Basically, you just write a short story about Ridley.

Rules

-Your story can be set anywhere, you aren't restricted to the Metroid universe. You can do crossovers if you like, or put Ridley in a real life situation, but it doesn't matter.

-Your story can feature anybody, from any game, book, movie, or imagination, it doesn't matter, as long as Ridley is the main focus

- Your story must be no shorter than 100 words, but no more than 10,000. Keep in mind that it is a short story contest.

- Anything goes. It can be as gory, or as kiddy, or as funny as you want to make it. No set genre.

All entries must be entered by the 30th of August

Happy writing

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ok so thats the short story contest! (That was written by Caael BTW)

Now this comp is in Caael's hand and he isn't here ATM i don't think, so could someone record all the entries?

Ok so here are the entires!...

Cenedar-"Birth of Meta-Ridley"
Ekul-Untitled

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
But I thought you said you won't be posting anymore because classes will be starting soon. By the time we reach 9000 (probably around five weeks from now) you'll be in school right? So how are you going to get the 9000th post?
considering school is starting soon anyway for, well probably all of us on smashboards, i don't think we'll get to 9000 in five weeks.

oh, and congrats people on getting to 6000. i'm sorry i wasn't there to celebrate

ridley for brawl

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm not going to do the short story thing..

That stupid commercial was most funny when they were fighting..

Why did Fox have a paintball gun!? hehe

Can't wait to see a Brawl commercial..

Ridley for Brawl!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Ridley has been again obliterated by Samus, as well as Kraid. The Chronzo Statues have turned against Samus, and have Combined the remains of both, to make a huge flying turtle called " Kridely". Samus Aran passed all the boss and used her Final Smash on him, but nothing worked. Kridely took "Advantage of her beyond her will to control" and there were some weird*** babies in the end. Kridely for Brawl!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
We dont wanna hear no 4chan stuff here!

And almost finished watching 100% Super Metroid speed run... Ridley's next!

Lol Kridley... *shudders* i bet they have a Kridley on 4Chan -.-

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Well, here's my humble entry into the contest, with the straightforward title of "Birth of Meta-Ridley":

"Where... is..."

Various computers beeped and churned in the darkened lab. I could hear them, even without my full awareness...

"Feel...cold...numb..."

I could hear voices... low, rough, and scratchy... my men... my scientists...

"Where.... am I.... this..."

With a surprising amount of effort, much more than should have been necessary, I was able to open my eyes and begin to stretch my wings... the voices halted immediately and I could smell an air of fearful anticipation around me.

One of the pirates approached me, I could see the fright in his beady eyes. "Sir... Sir Ridley? Welcome back."

I finally began to become more aware of myself and my surroundings. And it was in that moment that I happened to look down and beheld what had become of me... or in this case... what was left of me.

My skin was no longer my own. What appeared to be a layer of strong steel now acted as my epidermis, which explained why I could not feel it. My torso and heart seemed mostly organic, apparently it was the one spot not completely decimated by the hunter...

My wings shot out and my tail whipped about, trashing the containment tank behind me.

"Where is she..." My men were silent. Too silent...

"I SAID WHERE IS SHE!? WHERE IS THE HUNTER!?"

The scientist who had approached me before spoke nervously, far too shaky to be bringing good news... "Sir... regrettably, Samus has evaded capture and has continued her assault on our forces since defeating..." I growled loudly.

"SHE did not defeat me... it was a sheer stroke of dumb luck that saved her life, remember that."

"Of...of course, sir... but regardless, Samus has cut a swath in our operations and upon last contact with the hunter she... she..." I was beginning to grow weary of his hesitation. Hesitation shows weakness. I loathe weakness with all my now cyborg being.

So I grabbed him and broke his scrawny throat, tossing him aside into one large monitor.

"I will begin breaking more necks unless one of you tells me what happened... NOW!"

One frightened soldier sputtered out pathetically, "She-she destroyed Mother Brain, sir!"

I was dangerously close to blowing up that entire lab in a blaze of my plasma breath, but one of the smarter scientists (and by smarter I mean more concerned for the safety of his life) brought me back to the topic at hand... namely, myself.

"Sir, Samus will no longer be an issue for you now. We have rebuilt you into something greater than anything you have ever seen." I allowed my rage to die down slightly, giving the scientist a rather pointed glare. "Go on."

"You are faster, stronger, more powerful than before sir. We took the liberty of enhancing your natural attack abilities. Your plasma breath is now on par with most weapons grade blasts, and you're flight speed should have increased by a wide margin." He then produced a series of charts and scans taken from me during my apparent reconstruction. The numbers I seemed to be presenting were indeed impressive, even for me.

"And what's more, we found a new source of energy, exponentially more powerful than the aforalite reserves we tried to raid."

I looked back to the doctor. "So tell me, what is this wonder substance?"

He gave his colleagues a rather self gratifying smirk before responding.

"Phazon. It's a mutagen with properties we've never even seen before. We're currently using it to enhance Metroid and pirate DNA. Take a look at some of the results..."

He handed me a file labeled "ELITE PIRATE ALPHA: CODENAME OMEGA PIRATE" I flipped through the file quickly, my now sharper talons clicking together.

I looked up and I must've smiled, because my men suddenly became a little more relaxed.

"I thank you for reviving me like this. I shall look into this phazon material myself and see that it becomes a source of great profit for us... however"

My men suddenly became frightened again. If only they knew...

"Seeing as you have still failed to capture and eliminate the hunter, it seems fit for me to dole out some punishment..." The scientist's screams echoed down the halls of the underground complex, before I completely melted everything in the lab, including my men.

I had been reborn. They say every beginning has an end... well... my new beginning shall be the END of Samus Aran. To this I swear.

EDIT: Wow, talk about a spur of the moment thing... this ended up alot longer than I thought it would ^-^'

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom