• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know.. Ridley has only made a cameo appearence in both the original 64 Smash, and Melee... If Sakurai does that to him again in Brawl i'm going to cry. :(

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yeahz!!! Everything is working again. So far we've had over 60 entries. This list is already a fun read. Thanks for everyone's participation so far.

{THE LIST}

• Ridley can't die. At least, can't stay dead. -O D I N
  • He is the supreme villain in one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. -Falcolegend
  • The real cause of global warming is Ridley's morning breath. -the grim lizard
  • If Chuck Norris were a Dragon he'd be Ridley. -JesterBox
  • Ridley is a purple dinosaur... yet is still badass.-JesterBox
  • What would happen if Chuck Norris attacked Ridley? It doesn't matter because Ridley already killed Chuck Norris. -JesterBox
  • Ridley and Chuck Norris were going have a fighting match, but Ridley TKOed Chuck before either of them even arrived. -the grim lizard
  • There is a great deal of Ridley and a fine sentiment in his awesomeness. -silver777
  • Ridley's awesomeness doesn't need explanation! - Gindor
  • Waluigi deserves a spot more than Ridley in Brawl. Why? Because he was the villain of a dance game that was 100,000 times better than Metroid! -Legolastrom
  • I am Ridley... respect it b!tches. -Cenedar
  • Gandalf would have let Ridley pass. -Wiseguy
  • Ridley Kicks ***. -f4lc0_m0nk3y
  • Ridley treats the speed of light like a 15 mph speed limit on the highway. -Ekul
  • It would take Jack Bauer 25 hours to take down Ridley. -Wiseguy
  • It wasn't terrorists.... IT WAS RIDLEY'S FART!!! -Legolastrom
  • There are common folk, there are kings, and there is God.... then there is Ridley. -colbusman
  • Bad news travels fast. Ridley travels faster than that. -the grim lizard
  • You don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your slowest friend. You don't have to outrun Ridley because he will kill you. -the grim lizard
  • What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything? Ridley. -the grim lizard
  • Ridley is too big for Braw-*Munch* BUY NOOB FLAKES NOW THEY ARE ALPHA-LICIOUS! (Given the Ridley seal of quality) -Legolastrom
  • Who let the dogs out? Ridley did. -the grim lizard
  • Authorities have recently defined a new type of murder; it's called "Ridley-degree" murder. It's where people die just because you're so awesome. -the grim lizardd
  • Ridley doesn't destroy planets, he merely looks at them and they explode on their own out of fear. -O D I N
  • Ridley just Mindgame'd you. -O D I N
  • Ridley has gotcha all in check. -ClarkJables
  • All your base are belonging to Ridley -colbusman
  • Ridley stole Chuck Norris' lunch money.-ClarkJables
  • Fox!! What does the scouter say about Ridley's power level?!?! IT IS OVER NINE THOOOOUUUSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND -silver777
  • Ridley killed Robert Deniro and replaced him with a robot in order to take over Hollywood. -ClarkJables
  • Sliced bread is the greatest thing since Ridley. -Oasis_S
  • Dragons are hawt. -kaid
  • A creature remade is a creature of power. -Ridley FTB!!!

• Over the years many have fallen... into Ridley's stomach. -Ridley FTB!!!
  • Mushrooms? Pfft, I prefer big balls of fire. -Ridley FTB!!!
  • Even the apocalypse vanished as it approached Ridley. Ridley FTB!!!
  • Do to an error, Ridley is now the boss of the Space Pirates. -Ridley FTB!!!
  • Ridley + Samus= WTF!?!? -Ridley FTB!!!
  • Ridey is the space Hitler. -Ridley FTB!!!
  • What do Adolf Hitler, Chairman Mao, Fidel Castro, and Joesph Stalin all have in common? They all have nightmares about Ridley.. -ClarkJables
  • If Ridley attacked Russia, well, let's just say the capital would be Ridleygrad. -Ekul
  • Ridley: My anti Samus. -O D I N
  • I'm Ridley James *****!!! *CHOMP* *SCREECH* -O D I N
  • If Ridley joined SSBB, Samus would retire in fear. -flicker
  • Kratos would not win the Ridley boss fight. Not even the gods could help him. -TDub301
  • Ridley got so pissed at having his purple reptile rep being ruined that he is now killing anyone who watches Barney in 7 days. -samusrules93
  • They once tried to make Ridley more kid friendly, but it failed after he started eating the children and throwing his molten feces at the producers. -ClarkJables
  • Ridley for governor of California! Arnold did it! -PIMPSLAP
  • If Ridley made it into Brawl, they would have to change the name to "Super Smash Brothers Ridley." -ClarkJables
  • In the world of Smash, there's two kinds of people: those who support Ridley and those who get eaten. -the grim lizard
  • Ridley: The Alpha and the Omega. -Smooth Criminal
  • Yoko Ono didn't break up the Beatles, Ridley did. -ClarkJables
  • David Berkowitz's dog was named Ridley. -ClarkJables
  • Whenever Ridley comes from a Plasma Donation Center, he always leaves it smoldering. -the grim lizard
  • The only person to ever stand in Ridley's way was Arnold. He wasn't standing for long. -O D I N
  • It's rumored that Ridley had four sons; their names were Conquest, War, Famine, and Death. -ClarkJables
  • Ancient Etymology: RID (v)- To act like Ridley, to destroy, to do away with -Ekul
  • Ridley was squeduled to be revealed in the E3 Brawl Trailer, but was removed because his sheer awesomeness caused test audiences to go blind. -Wiseguy
  • Ridley for President. -O D I N
  • You are half the man Ridley was... you are a god. -Legolastrom
  • Ridley is not cool, awesome, or badass. Ridley is in his own caliber. -DonkeySmasher
  • Four out of five dentists agreed that Ridley owns. (Ironically, dental records were needed to identify the charred remains of the fifth dentist.) -Wiseguy
  • If you want to be cool, just be yourself. If you want to be really cool, just be Ridley. -Oasis_S
  • Chuck Norris learned how to be Chuck Norris from Ridley. -Oasis_S
  • Ridley was the youngest of 8 children. His 7 brothers and sisters were named Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride. -ClarkJables
  • Ridley can't be in Brawl because he is so overpowered and he would be banned from all tournaments. However, he can't not be in Brawl because the lack of Ridley will create a black hole just large enough to suck up every copy of SSBB in existence. -ClarkJables
  • Pokemon- Ridley caught 'em all. -the grim lizard

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
no heavy metal please:urg: i don't like that kind of stuff.

the SSBM one is ...IDK.... not that impressive... i want one that is very calm (i don't like the tune to move too fast) and mostly piano played.;)

played slow is my type:lick:
The SSBM one feels really close to original for me. If you want slower, though, try this. It's a little offbeat, but it's got the ambiance.

There's also a nearly full soundtrack super metroid remix project released called Relics of the Chozo. I really, really dig their Brinstar theme. As a side note, the "escape" remix is also Ridley's theme. I think it's because the escape tune just somehow became Ridley's theme, but who knows.

It's good though!

And just for fun:
When Ridley wave dashes the impact is so great all of his opponents' shields break. Then they all die.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well to steer the topic away from its rampant….well I don’t know the right word for it. Just to change the subject, what do you guys think Ridley’s stage will be like?

I guess the initial thought to the subject would be that it’s a Norfair stage, with of course lava, but then again, there is also the Chozo Temple from Metroid Prime. If it were Norfair, I would hope that the stage be based more around aerial fighting than anything. To expand that idea, I’d hope for a single fairly large platform at the bottom, with several surrounding ledges to climb up on. As the fight does on, Lava rises up, or perhaps engulfs the stage in a different way. (Lava cannons? Maybe a lava platform in the middle?)

If it’s a Chozo temple stage though, I’d expect Chozo statues to litter the stage, and also be destructible. Now I know that destructible things seem to be a common trend lately (Well at least two stage updates in a row) but if this stage and those other two were the only ones with this feature I think it would work. Also, I suggest that the main statue shoots beams down at the ground indiscriminately every once an awhile. It wouldn’t be sudden though, and their would be a set pattern with fair warning, as the main statue’s eyes glow. With something like that, the strategy would be to knock the opponent into the beams, I would guess.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Hey guys, I know 100% for sure that Ridley isn't going to be in. So all of you stupid little kiddies who aren't true Metroid fans can stop getting your hopes up by believing in King Dedede or Olimar and all of those other kiddie characters, OK? I mean, I know they aren't going to be in; so get over it and stop being so bitter.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Hey guys, I know 100% for sure that Ridley isn't going to be in. So all of you stupid little kiddies who aren't true Metroid fans can stop getting your hopes up by believing in King Dedede or Olimar and all of those other kiddie characters, OK? I mean, I know they aren't going to be in; so get over it and stop being so bitter.
ummmm....okay:ohwell:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Submission = Ridley once had a pet gecko. but he sneezed on it, and assuming it was dead, he flushed it. half a year later, Godzilla emerged off the coast of Japan... = Submission

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
submission= ridley sold his soleto the devil to get his awesome powers. but the devil got pissed when he realized ridley never had a sole, but agreed that he should have seen it coming. now he plays cards with Ridley every saturday night. = submission.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
to quote the immortal Ron White...

"Yeah, well F*** YOU!!!"

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
there is only one man ever in recorded history to kill ridley. ridley however, went back in time and killed that mans parent's, so in reality it never happened...

you forgot this one ^^^^

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Well, if we go by the SSBM intro, Ridley will be a bit larger than Samus. He is a fairly skrawny fellow, so my guess is that weight-wise he'll be like samus. I'm thinking multi-jumps like Kirby except faster fall top speed, slow fall acceleration (so he floats more with each jump).

So, I kind of disagree with Gypsy, though I don't think he was that specific in his moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom