• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Well, if we go by the SSBM intro, Ridley will be a bit larger than Samus. He is a fairly skrawny fellow, so my guess is that weight-wise he'll be like samus. I'm thinking multi-jumps like Kirby except faster fall top speed, slow fall acceleration (so he floats more with each jump).

So, I kind of disagree with Gypsy, though I don't think he was that specific in his moveset.
What do you disagree with? Samus is like the second heaviest character in the game BTW.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
One Ridley to rule them all, one Ridley to find them, one Ridley to bring them and in the darkness bind them

ok maybe that was cheesy, but how about this...

You remember that movie Alien vs. Predator? Well i'll tell you the outcome....Ridley won

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
EDIT:: According to the SmashWiki, Samus is the third heaviest (fourth in the PAL version) and DK is the second heaviest. (not by much!)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
-_-

People fail to realize that there is a difference between fall speed, weight, and size.
I was gonna say this. Don't forget about running speed, too. Characters can be heavy but floaty or big and light or small, light, and fast-falling (ahem, Falco) or any other combination of those.

Weight refers to how much knockback a character receives, right?
Yeah, basically.

FYI: official stats are here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=30064
Whoever said it was Bowser, DK, then Samus was right.

That thread also statistically proves Bowser is the worst character in Melee.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Fun fact: Back in April, before this thread took off at the announcement of Ridley's theme music, someone had to triple post to get this thread to come back due to lack of responses...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea Toad man for teh- Er... i mean Ridley for teh brawl!

Anyways what would you think his level would be like?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Ridley CAN see why Kid's like Cinnamon Toast Crunch and not get killed by the resulting demon kids.

Ridley, Chuck Norris and Mr. T once all walked into a bar. Only Ridley left.

The Wizard Who Did It made the universe. Ridley made The Wizard Who Did It and made him do it.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I've never been a huge poster on any site so 150 is quite an achievement for me and i want this topic to have that post.

Ridley for Brawl!!!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
=_=

Spamming nonsense is really nothing to be proud of. Though Ridley is my most wanted character, I would much rather have this topic actually be filled with intelligent discussion, rather than all this...stuff.

(People ignore me though, when I try to do so, though. ;_; )

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How many times have i said "So any ideas or BLAH BLAH BLAH" and 1 person replies then we get back to spam!? Huh? HUH!?

And no your not at the top of the page!

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
How many times have i said "So any ideas or BLAH BLAH BLAH" and 1 person replies then we get back to spam!? Huh? HUH!?

And no your not at the top of the page!

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!
sigh

i hoped my joke wasnt too obscure. ok, ill break it down (james brown) for you.

he said people always ignored him, so posting second, except ignoring him, i was at the top. yeah? its totally lost the funny factor i hoped it would have now. thanks a lot legoland!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
To bad you cant read but its hard to tell when so many do those "Top of the page" things -.- but now i get it...

Lol XD

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You can't force intelligent conversation. It just hast to happen naturally. Besides, we've pretty much exhausted every possible aspect of Ridley discussion. The only time we get to talk about anything else is if some new noob comes in.

The Trix kids would have shared with Ridley.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Satan has a superior -Ridley

Why don't we have a "Ridley short story contest" next? it would be a laugh

Caael

Smash Lord
RIDLEY SHORT STORY CONTEST

Thanks for the idea, Tom.

Basically, you just write a short story about Ridley.

Rules

-Your story can be set anywhere, you aren't restricted to the Metroid universe. You can do crossovers if you like, or put Ridley in a real life situation, but it doesn't matter.

-Your story can feature anybody, from any game, book, movie, or imagination, it doesn't matter, as long as Ridley is the main focus

- Your story must be no shorter than 100 words, but no more than 10,000. Keep in mind that it is a short story contest.

- Anything goes. It can be as gory, or as kiddy, or as funny as you want to make it. No set genre.

All entries must be entered by the 30th of August

Happy writing

Legolastom

Smash Hero
"Ridley, Ridley come out and play!" said Caael "I cant papa said no" Ridley answered "HA HA!!"

Sadly Caael did not live past that day...

-END

Drama! Action! comedy! wow i should write a book!

But i cant wait to see everyones entries!

Edit: Hey why don't we ward the winner with a little add on or something that say "Winner of the Ridley short story contest" or something? (I could make a few examples in a min...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
one day ridley was browsing smashboards, and he met jackal478. they talked for a few minutes, and then jackal expressed his idea's about how kiddy and bitter ridley was. then ridley got so pissed, he went back in time with him and made him kill his own parents. while they were making him.

THE END

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HEHE, I'll make one REALLY REALLY LONG! Get it out like an hour before deadline, lol! XD Time to be creative! :) However, shouldn't we have this in the art section=???? We should make a thread of it! :)

Edit: I got it!

One day Ridley finally beat Samus, and she died, and he ruled the universe. The end...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I don't hate you Caael but i must move my movie career forward... no matter the cost!

Anyways here is an example (We will get someone who can make a good one to make these though... not me XD)

Something like that except... made by experts XD

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
What do you disagree with? Samus is like the second heaviest character in the game BTW.
I just feel that Ridley, being a "flying" character, shouldn't weight more than average (***). That would probably put him as weighing a lot more than all the other "flying" characters (metaknight, kirby, pit).

I can't imagine any of these flying characters weighing average as it is, though they might have other properties like being faster/slower in whatever area that might make them seem to weigh more.

Note, this only applies if they make him the same size relative to Samus as he appeared in the Melee intro, where he isn't really bigger than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom