• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Crap! Sorry... I never get the top of the page. You should have warned me. :(

Do you want to go for another round or do you want me to just quote you up there?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
How about Olimar or Dedede? They're way cooler.

Maybe I'm not understanding this "filler"...

Wiseguy...yes, you can go wrong in so many ways with R.O.B....that's like two steps away from Waluigi...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Attention

~--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~

THE SUPERLY ACTIVELY AWESOME, UNDENIABLE REASONS WHY RIDLEY IS SO KICKASS CONTEST​
~--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~

As you may know, Grim's Ridley art contest is nearing its end, and we will soon go back to rehashing the infamous subject that is "Ridley for Brawl!" Sure, slaying noobs is an equally enjoyable experience, but the opportunity only arises every so often, and we need something to do in the mean time. That is what this contest is for.

We all know Ridley is the pinnacle of badassery, the epitomy of awesome, and the very essence of win, yes. But why? That is where you come in. We need to compile a list of bonafied reasons why Ridley is our main man.. err... dragon.

The rules will be simple. We will gather all our accumulated reasons, have a vote to decide which ones are the best, and then we will compile a neat list of them all in order from popular to least popular. Here's the rules in more detail, broken down into three phases:

.::PHASE ONE::.

First, we must submit our reasons that will be used for our list. Anyone (at any time) may enter a reason why they think he is awesome, however far fetched it may be. Creativity is encourged. And, you may submit as many as you want to. It won't increase your chances of winning, but if you have another idea that you want to enter, you may do so. Your submissions must be original (for the most part).

An example:

Ridley's body is composed of fully organic win.
NO COPYING OTHER PEOPLE'S IDEAS, ESPECIALLY ANY CHUCK NORRIS FACTS. THAT WILL RESULT IN INSTA-DISQUALIFICATIONANATION. NO, THAT'S NOT A WORD.

When you enter your fact, make sure you state that you are entering it for the contest, and please bold it and add some sort of color. We don't want to accidentally look over any submissions. Also, try to keep your reason's length down to one sentence. No run ons or semi paragraphs please. Submissions will be accepted until August 8, a week from now.

.::PHASE TWO::.

On the day of the deadline, all of the submissions will be gathered and listed into chronological order of the date of the entry. From there, voting shall begin. Anyone can vote at any time. You may vote on up to three reasons, and please try to include them all in a single post. Also, bold them please, as it will make life easier for me.

YOU MAY NOT VOTE ON YOUR OWN SUBMISSION. IF YOU DO SO, IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND IT WILL STILL COUNT AS ONE OF YOUR THREE VOTES.

You may comment on why you chose the reason the you voted on, as long as it is positive. No derogatory comments on other's submissions please. It isn't that you are going to hurt anyone's feelings, but it is just common courtesy. All votes will be finalized and tallied two days after voting begins (August 10).

.::PHASE THREE::.

I will gather the votes, tally them, and make a list from the most popular to least popular. Some of the lowest ranking submissions may be deleted to round the list off to a good number (if there are 22, then two will be deleted). In the event of a tie between any two reasons, Grim and I will decide which ranks higher on the list. The top three winners may receive prizes, but the details have yet to be discussed.

This will be updated frequently, so check back on page 330 for information before you ask a question regarding the contest. Thanks for participating. Ridley may decide to spare your life for your cooperation. :)

{THE LIST}

• Ridley can't die. At least, can't stay dead. -O D I N
  • He is the supreme villain in one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. -Falcolegend
  • The real cause of global warming is Ridley's morning breath. -the grim lizard
  • If Chuck Norris were a Dragon he'd be Ridley. -JesterBox
  • Ridley is a purple dinosaur... yet is still badass.-JesterBox
  • What would happen if Chuck Norris attacked Ridley? It doesn't matter because Ridley already killed Chuck Norris. -JesterBox
  • Ridley and Chuck Norris were going have a fighting match, but Ridley TKOed Chuck before either of them even arrived. -the grim lizard
  • There is a great deal of Ridley and a fine sentiment in his awesomeness. -silver777
  • Ridley's awesomeness doesn't need explanation! - Gindor
  • Waluigi deserves a spot more than Ridley in Brawl. Why? Because he was the villain of a dance game that was 100,000 times better than Metroid! -Legolastrom
  • I am Ridley... respect it b!tches. -Cenedar
  • Gandalf would have let Ridley pass. -Wiseguy
  • Ridley Kicks ***. -f4lc0_m0nk3y
  • Ridley treats the speed of light like a 15 mph speed limit on the highway. -Ekul
  • It would take Jack Bauer 25 hours to take down Ridley. -Wiseguy
  • It wasn't terrorists.... IT WAS RIDLEY'S FART!!! -Legolastrom
  • There are common folk, there are kings, and there is God.... then there is Ridley. -colbusman
  • Bad news travels fast. Ridley travels faster than that. -the grim lizard
  • You don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your slowest friend. You don't have to outrun Ridley because he will kill you. -the grim lizard
  • What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything? Ridley. -the grim lizard
  • Ridley is too big for Braw-*Munch* BUY NOOB FLAKES NOW THEY ARE ALPHA-LICIOUS! (Given the Ridley seal of quality) -Legolastrom
  • Who let the dogs out? Ridley did. -the grim lizard
  • Authorities have recently defined a new type of murder; it's called "Ridley-degree" murder. It's where people die just because you're so awesome. -the grim lizardd
  • Ridley doesn't destroy planets, he merely looks at them and they explode on their own out of fear. -O D I N
  • Ridley just Mindgame'd you. -O D I N
  • Ridley has gotcha all in check. -ClarkJables
  • All your base are belonging to Ridley -colbusman
  • Ridley stole Chuck Norris' lunch money.-ClarkJables
  • Fox!! What does the scouter say about Ridley's power level?!?! IT IS OVER NINE THOOOOUUUSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND -silver777
  • Ridley killed Robert Deniro and replaced him with a robot in order to take over Hollywood. -ClarkJables
  • Sliced bread is the greatest thing since Ridley. -Oasis_S
  • Dragons are hawt. -kaid
  • A creature remade is a creature of power. -Ridley FTB!!!

• Over the years many have fallen... into Ridley's stomach. -Ridley FTB!!!
  • Mushrooms? Pfft, I prefer big balls of fire. -Ridley FTB!!!
  • Even the apocalypse vanished as it approached Ridley. Ridley FTB!!!
  • Do to an error, Ridley is now the boss of the Space Pirates. -Ridley FTB!!!
  • Ridley + Samus= WTF!?!? -Ridley FTB!!!
  • Ridey is the space Hitler. -Ridley FTB!!!
  • What do Adolf Hitler, Chairman Mao, Fidel Castro, and Joesph Stalin all have in common? They all have nightmares about Ridley.. -ClarkJables
  • If Ridley attacked Russia, well, let's just say the capital would be Ridleygrad. -Ekul
  • Ridley: My anti Samus. -O D I N
  • I'm Ridley James *****!!! *CHOMP* *SCREECH* -O D I N
  • If Ridley joined SSBB, Samus would retire in fear. -flicker
  • Kratos would not win the Ridley boss fight. Not even the gods could help him. -TDub301
  • Ridley got so pissed at having his purple reptile rep being ruined that he is now killing anyone who watches Barney in 7 days. -samusrules93
  • They once tried to make Ridley more kid friendly, but it failed after he started eating the children and throwing his molten feces at the producers. -ClarkJables
  • Ridley for governor of California! Arnold did it! -PIMPSLAP
  • If Ridley made it into Brawl, they would have to change the name to "Super Smash Brothers Ridley." -ClarkJables
  • In the world of Smash, there's two kinds of people: those who support Ridley and those who get eaten. -the grim lizard
  • Ridley: The Alpha and the Omega. -Smooth Criminal
  • Yoko Ono didn't break up the Beatles, Ridley did. -ClarkJables
  • David Berkowitz's dog was named Ridley. -ClarkJables
  • Whenever Ridley comes from a Plasma Donation Center, he always leaves it smoldering. -the grim lizard
  • The only person to ever stand in Ridley's way was Arnold. He wasn't standing for long. -O D I N
  • It's rumored that Ridley had four sons; their names were Conquest, War, Famine, and Death. -ClarkJables
  • Ancient Etymology: RID (v)- To act like Ridley, to destroy, to do away with -Ekul
  • Ridley was squeduled to be revealed in the E3 Brawl Trailer, but was removed because his sheer awesomeness caused test audiences to go blind. -Wiseguy
  • Ridley for President. -O D I N
  • You are half the man Ridley was... you are a god. -Legolastrom
  • Ridley is not cool, awesome, or badass. Ridley is in his own caliber. -DonkeySmasher
  • Four out of five dentists agreed that Ridley owns. (Ironically, dental records were needed to identify the charred remains of the fifth dentist.) -Wiseguy
  • If you want to be cool, just be yourself. If you want to be really cool, just be Ridley. -Oasis_S
  • Chuck Norris learned how to be Chuck Norris from Ridley. -Oasis_S
  • Ridley was the youngest of 8 children. His 7 brothers and sisters were named Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride. -ClarkJables
  • Ridley can't be in Brawl because he is so overpowered and he would be banned from all tournaments. However, he can't not be in Brawl because the lack of Ridley will create a black hole just large enough to suck up every copy of SSBB in existence. -ClarkJables
  • There is only one man ever in recorded history to defeat Ridley. Ridley however, went back in time and killed that man's parents, so in reality, it never happened... -ClarkJables
  • Pokemon- Ridley caught 'em all. -the grim lizard
  • When Ridley wave dashes the impact is so great all of his opponents' shields break. Then they all die. -Phyvo
  • Ridley once had a pet gecko, but he sneezed on it, and assuming it was dead, he flushed it. Half a year later, Godzilla emerged off the coast of Japan. -samusrules93
  • Ridley sold his soul to the devil to get his awesome powers, but the Devil got pissed when he realized Ridley never had a soul. But then agreed that he should have seen it coming. Now he plays cards with Ridley every Saturday night. -samusrules93
  • Ridley is so tough, he could force 300 Spartan Warriors to wear shirts. -Wiseguy
  • One Ridley to rule them all, one Ridley to find them, one Ridley to bring them and in the darkness bind them.
    -colbusman
  • You remember that movie Alien vs. Predator? Well I'll tell you the outcome: Ridley won. -colbusman
  • Ridley can see why kids like Cinnamon Toast Crunch and not get killed by the resulting demon children. -FrozenRoy
  • Ridley, Chuck Norris and Mr. T once all walked into a bar. Only Ridley left.
    -FrozenRoy
  • The Wizard Who Did It made the universe. Ridley made The Wizard Who Did It and made him do it. -FrozenRoy
  • The Trix kids would have shared with Ridley. -the grim lizard
  • Satan has a superior: Ridley. -Legolastrom
  • Ridley: half dragon, half legend, all man! -Legolastrom
  • Every time someone thinks of Ridley, God kills a puppy. -samusrules93
  • Chuck and Ridley were brothers, but then Chuck got sick of being a purple dragon. He got a name and species change and proclaimed he wasn't Ridley's younger brother anymore, then Ridley reconfirmed it by giving him a wedgie. -Gindor
  • It's because of Ridley that we have words like "awesome" or "PWNAGE." -colbusman
  • Ridley, the new burninator! -Gindor
  • Ridley hates you. -O D I N
  • You aren't man enough to main Ridley. -Fawriel
  • In Smash Bros. Brawl, Ridley mains YOU - with noobs for dessert. -Fawriel
  • There was a guy who thought that Ridley was stupid. It's the last thing he thought, too. -Fawriel
  • If Trogdor is "The Burninator", then Ridley must be "The Terminator." -colbusman
  • Ridley didn't appear in Melee for our sins. But it is told that he will one day come to us on December 3rd 2007. -Oasis_S
  • Give me Ridley or give me death -Aryman
  • Ridley is beyond top tier. He is in tier Ridley. -007flash
  • Ridley: almost as manly as T-Rex -Fawriel

the grim lizard

Smash Master
*forehead slap*

samusrules! :mad::mad:

Sorry Gyp, I tried...you also left that /quote in there when you took out the other one.

It's all Wiseguy's fault anyway...

@Wiseguy--Thanks.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
There are a lot of one-liners on this page. heh heh...

It just figures that it this thread would explode right/I] when you want to post at the top of the page...:ohwell:

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
i thought about meta ridley mabye
1 he can appear as ridleys final smash with a new move set to go back to normal ridley use final smash again
2 a costume
3 mabye once ridley picks up a metal box he turns into metaridley

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This thread's kinda died since we posted the context...:ohwell: I'll post one here in a bit.

Don't forget to vote for the photo.

Edit: How am I always getting the top post these days??

OK, first (lame) attempt at a one-liner...The real cause of global warming is Ridley's morning breath.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
If Chuck Norris were a Dragon he'd be Ridley

Ridley is a purple dinosaur... yet is still bad***

Q.What woul;d happen if Chuck Norris attacked Ridley?
A.It doesn't matter because Ridley already killed chuck Norris.
those suck....

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Hey JesterBox?...Ridley and Chuck Norris were going have a fighting match, but Ridley TKOed Chuck before either of them even arrived.

Also, JB, what games did you get with your Wii since you just got one? Or are you just playing Wii Sports?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
"Ridley... 2! based off the Hit movie directed by Mother brain!..

I present to you...

Ridley the movie 2! Return of X and the Ridley clones...

And in the game you play as Ridley and you have to absorb all the fake unworthy Ridley's..."

Thats my one liner... *RUNS!*

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Go on advance right next to post... and the tools are up there.

(I think Ridley will look more cartooned to make his body up to his head around as tall as bowser... make him a little less boney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom