• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha yes.. And look at all the one liners all of you did right there :p

I love when mods posts.. I especially love to see MookieRah post..

What is the Ridley thread about now? Bunch of contests and stuff that people post and get everyone else to take place in?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
MookieRah is a pretty recent mod.

I never see McFox around anymore. He used to offer ideas a lot as opposed to just correcting newbs and hitting the close button.

Dang, Onyx...averaging 40 posts/day??? You're almost a Smash Lord, and you just joined last month!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Haha yes.. And look at all the one liners all of you did right there :p

I love when mods posts.. I especially love to see MookieRah post..

What is the Ridley thread about now? Bunch of contests and stuff that people post and get everyone else to take place in?
We have to do stuff like that, or the Ridley thread would die. That's what sets this thread apart from the other character support threads.

[edit]

And MookieRah is the ****. Best mod on these forums next to Alpha Zealot IMHO.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I didn't think it was possible to hate him anymore than we already did. I guess I was wrong...

On a side note, colbusman has done a lot to keep this thread alive throughout it's life...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Man, the thread then was nothing like it is now. Sometimes it would go days without posts, and then only would get a couple. Since I came back we've had at least 50 posts a day here...

edit: lol, I found smashyou's first post. It was in this thread. He was still saying the same lame crap back then, too. He's banned now.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Don't forget twok...he just can't make a coherent point to save his love. And I need not bring up HP...

I'm surprised this thread got revived though, I thought we talked the death out of Ridley.
That was only the beginning, my friend...we still have 4000 posts to add..heh heh heh...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah, it's tough once you near the 5000 mark. I found Gypsy's first post here, btw!

edit: And Shuma's first post!

edit2: And Caael's first post!

edit3: And samusrules93's first post!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
No, you corrected someone who claimed something about Ridley's height, and you pointed out that they clearly hadn't played all of the Metroid games if they didn't know that or something. Then you don't post again for awhile.

edit: Yay, my first post here! ^_^ Ok...I'm done.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
No, you corrected someone who claimed something about Ridley's height, and you pointed out that they clearly hadn't played all of the Metroid games if they didn't know that or something. Then you don't post again for awhile.

edit: Yay, my first post here! ^_^ Ok...I'm done.
Yeah, I found Shuma's and Caael's first post, too. And no wonder I didn't remember my first post! That was like my second one, and even before I had my username changed.

It's fun to read old threads. I can't wait to go back through this after the game has been released and Ridley is playable (if he is).

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Holy smokes! 0_o I just finished going through the entire thread from beginning to end. I've talleyed up the number of posts per day, and I'll do something with it and post it here.

OK, here is the graph. I might use this info. for something else, too, but I'm not sure what...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Thats real interesting.. What happened on that fateful day where the posts skyrocketed?

And that would require a lot of time.. Looks like something I would do hehe.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
25 new worthless threads created today...

There were 172 posts on the day we had the Metroid music. Clouds day had 159, and the day alpha noob came we had a whopping 298 posts! Also, the day Knuckle Joe was announced we had 147 posts, and yesterday (Ike's announcement) we had 157.

It only took a couple hours to compile. The first few were the worst because it would be like 4 posts and then a couple days with nothing, but once I got into May or so, I could skip several pages for a particular day.

edit: Also, for some reason we had 101 posts on the day the Banana Peel as announced...:confused:

Shuma

Smash Hero
Now imagine if the announce Ridley, Add clouds and Alphan00b returns all in the same day...

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Awesome graph. I would have done something like that, seeing as I use statistics alot, but I'm just too lazy.

And a server crash is an understatement. Half the internet would be absorbed into Smashboards to compensate for the spike in posts. You know, I'll bet that there are some people who don't want to be wrong, so they like to wait until he's confirmed to talk about him.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
If you guys really wanna have some fun, go back through this thread and find every noob who either thought he was too big, thought he would look too awkward or his wings would work, thought he would be a boss or an AT only, or simply didn't want Ridley to be in, and compile a list. That will be our hit list for once Ridley is confirmed...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
heh heh...sorry...I was being too lazy to post all the nominations.
Fine, I'll post them, but as I said...this will be pretty informal.

OK, I think I got all of the nominations. Let me know if I missed one. Just send me a pm letting me know which one you're voting for by next Wednesday at 11:59pm (CST), and I'll post the results in a week. Sound good? Alrighty. Here they are:

Silver #1:

Silver #2:

Fawriel:

Oasis:
Please vote.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Holy crap, I can't believe I forgot this.

I vote for the number 1. It's not extremely true to the original, but it's very well-made either way and manages to make him look cool without some kind of joke.

...I also just realized something horrible, but... err... nevermind that.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Ok Ive been gone for awhile, (camping I scared off a bear and on the way home I bought a Wii!) So what's been going on on the boards? I say they were lacking in the Ridley department. Di that Ridley tag line thing ever take off?

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Ok Ive been gone for awhile, (camping I scared off a bear and on the way home I bought a Wii!) So what's been going on on the boards? I say they were lacking in the Ridley department. Di that Ridley tag line thing ever take off?
Not really, but check the page before this one to see a graph of our achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom