• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can't tell if you got really lucky with an unintended pun or are pulling our leg?

For those who don't get it (everyone), Fatal Frame is known as Project Zero is europe, and just 'Zero' in Japan.
Nah, the survival horror genre isn't my cup of tea at all, so I know little about the series, really. But I'll have to research it before rating it tomorrow, I guess.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Alph
Chance - 1%
There's only one character who comes close to even being a second Pikmin rep, and his name is Louie. It makes no sense to add any other captain before him.

Want - 0%
My least favorite captain, mostly because there was just nothing interesting to him. The captain and Brittany were considerably more amusing characters, and Louie added more to the series.

Bowser's Castle
Chance - 10%
I never know what to expect of stages, so I'm very cautious. However, I think it would be fair for the Mario Kart stage in Wii U to be Bowser's Castle, parallel to Rainbow Road being the one in 3DS. And yes, I'd bill this stage as a Mario Kart stage since otherwise there's a million and one other Mario locations that would be competing with it, whereas Rainbow Road and Bowser's Castle are the most recurring challenges in the Mario Kart series.

Want - 100%
Bowser deserves his stage, and with him getting a revamp, it's even more deserved. Granted, I want it to have the swagtastic Bowser Land music from 3D World.

Predictions
Magolor - 3.7%
I predict a lot of people who will downplay him as a one-shot or just plain don't care and will give ridiculously low scores.
Fatal Frame - 3%
I seriously don't know how Sakurai would see this series and if he'd include it as more than a trophy.

Nominations
x5 Balloon Fight stage

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alph:
Chance: 15%
Semi-clones. That's the only reason I'm even considering him over Louie. Although the Rock and Flying Pikmin could technically differentiate him from Olimar, I don't think it's enough to warrant inclusion over Louie.

Want: 2%
Would prefer Louie first. There's a certain kind of order for me, and Alph is a distant third after Louie as Pikmin rep.

Bowser's Castle
Chance: 40%
One of the most reoccurring levels throughout the Mario series. This type of level appears in Mario Kart, all the main games(with Bowser as a villain), and even the sports titles tend to have a Bowser's Castle stage.

Want: 100%
Bowser's now a three time veteran...I think he deserves to finally get a stage. Mario's had his sunshiny Isle Delfino, Peach has had her castle and Luigi's had his mansion as a stage...shouldn't Bowser finally get a homeground of his own?

I expect the stage to be crazy and fun, but completely impractical as a competitive stage. Which I'm fine with. For a stage like this I'd expect stage hazards.

Predictions:
Magalor: 3%
Bandana Waddle Dee or bust will occur.

Fatal Frame: 2.5%
Don't know if we'll get anything for this. I think many will lean towards a flat "no"

Nominations:
5 X At least one of Top 10 of RTC as an AT

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Alph Chance -5%
I only think this due to the fact that Pikmin is well represented enough with Olimar because he pretty much has most of the key game play elements of the series in his moveset. The only thing I will give him is the new Pikmin types but those could just be incorporated in Olimar or used for a different purpose.
Alph Want - 50%
Neutral about him, would much rather have Brittany.

Bowser's Castle Stage Chance - 55%
It is unknown why Bowser never had a stage at this point when all the other Mario charters got unique areas of their own (even Rosalina). With all the new releases like NSMB and SM3D games give them more to work with so it is more possible.
Bowser's Castle Stage Want - 90%
I would enjoy the stage as long as its fun to play on. For now we'll just have to wait and see.

Predictions
Magalor - 9% - Never had much chance being a one shot Kirby villain but there is the possibility.
Fatal Frame - 1% - Dose nintendo even own it . . .

Nominations
Nintendo Land stage X5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Alph's chances: 5% - In the unlikely event that we get a second Pikmin character, I think the choice would be between him and Louie
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Bowser's Castle: 50% - It's possible.
Want: 100% - One of the few stages I actually want.

Magalor prediction: 1.85% - Bandana Dee but I think he'll do better than the other Kirby characters.
Fatal Frame prediction: 0.29% - Predicting plenty of zeroes.

Balloon Fighter x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alph - 1%

Well, Louie has been in the franchise for longer...but Alph would be more likely to use Rock and Pink/Winged Pikmin... overall I don't think he's likely at all, since I don't think any of the remaining Pikmin Captains wouldn't really bring anything much new to Smash, combined with how Pikmin is a rather small series that isn't as popular or well known as most other non-retro franchises in Smash.

Want - 5%

For the reason I stated above. I don't think he could bring much into Smash, though I do like him as a character.

Bowser's Castle stage - 55%

I actually think there is a relatively good chance of getting a Bowser stage for once. A variety of castles and fortresses under Bowesr's ownership have appeared in nearly every Mario game. If we were to get a new home stage for a villain character, this seems like one of the more likely ones to me.

Want - 100%

It's about time we get a Bowser's Castle stage. It'd most likely be chaotic, but it's also something that I would enjoy. Lava, fireballs, Thwomps, etc. Bowser's Castle has potential to be a fun, but very chaotic stage. Don't even get me started on the potential music choices.

Magolor Prediction -2.12%

Fatal Frame prediction - 0.5%

Nope.avi

2 DK newcomers x5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No I missed Meowth day...
Hopefully I should be back here daily once again. Taking off today to catch up on everything Smashboards.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
ALPH

Chance: 5% - Eh, it COULD happen but not expected.

Want: 50% - Indifferent.

BOWSER'S CASTLE STAGE

Chance: 30% - It could be a new Mario stage.

Want: 90% - YES!!!

Magolor Prediction: 1% - ???

Fatal Frame Prediction: .34% - We'll see.

Nominations:
Balloon Fighter x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Alph
chance 8% I think Louie, Charlie, or Brittany have a better chance than he does because they stand out more than him. He is a possibility if Pikmin is granted a newcomer.
want 10%

Bowser's castle
chance 75% I can see this happening, Bowser's castle could be a home stage for Nintendo's biggest villain.
want 100% Want

x3 Sheriff
x2 dr. Lobe

predict 1.3% and .6%

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
RALPH:
Chance: 7% - I want the character actually - Pikmin 3 was fun the little bit of it i did play, and it could certainly happen, but seeing as Olimar's page directs to the Pikmin 3 wbsite, i doubt it.
Want: 60% - I like Alph.

Bowser's Castle:
Chance: 35% - Depends on which version. It's up in the air, what game would it be based on, or wouldit be a compilation.
Want: 100% - Long overdue.

Magolor:
1.35%

The other thing: Abstain - know literally nothing of it.

Sora x5 TAKE THAT *****

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Alph

Chance - 0% - I'd think that Louie would outclass him in every way. Can't Louie use the Flying and Rock Pikmin too?

Want - 5% - Same as Louie. Still hanging on to the Titan Dwevil.

Browser's Castle

Chance - 50% - My go to nomination when I have no idea what to rate. It's an iconic location to be shore, but it could be butted out for other stages or seen as redundant.

Want - 40% - Interesting, but I think Metroid stages have me start to wish for less lava stages.

Cool, 10 nominations. As usual, I'm not predicting 'cause of that.

So... who to nominate...

Nominations
Halcandra Stage X5
Galatica Knight X5

Groose

Smash Champion
@ Groose Groose the image won't work correctly for Bowser's Castle. I suggest using
or

Thanks... but it looks like I noticed that a little late.
I just thought of something new and interesting to do... I'd have to talk about it with @ Groose Groose though.
Post it here or PM me and we'll get to the bottom of things.

Alph: 2.5%
I'll be honest--a Pikmin newcomer would greatly surprise me. There's been virtually no requests for any (especially back when requests were being taken), and Olimar does almost everything that his competitors could do. Additionally, Pikmin characters are difficult to add because their complexity compared to other fighters. In addition, Alph has competition from other pilots like Louie. The fact that I never even consider adding new Pikmin characters when making rosters despite being pretty thorough is something that speak volumes for my opinions here.

Alph: 0% Want
Haven't played Pikmin 3, don't particularly want another Olimar-styled character.

Bowser's Castle Chance: 25%
There are just so many Mario locations...even though this is the biggest one left, it's just too hard to be certqain of it.

Bowser's Castle Want: 100%
YES. PLEASE.

Adam Malkovitch x5
NOMINATIONS AUTHORIZED!
DAY OVER

...BOWSER'S FALLEN INTO THE LAVA AGAIN...

Groose

Smash Champion
Alph (Pikmin)
4.78% chance
21.36% want

Alph trails behind rival Pikmin character Louie in both chance and want by very small amounts. Amounts almost as small as Alph himself. Get it? Pikmin characters are tiny, so... it's funny! It's okay to laugh!

Bowser's Castle Stage
42.58% chance
83.33% want

Bowser's Castle is something that's been skipped over so many times that it's hard to have confidence in. However, that won't stop people from wanting it.

Today we should have an interesting rating on our hands. First up we've got Magolor from Kirby. Can he defeat the Spear Master? Please rate Magolor in chance and want. In addition, we're discussing the Fatal Frame/Spirit Camera franchise. Could it warrant some form of promintnent representation in Smash? By that I mean something like a character, stage, item, or assist trophy, not something tiny like a sticker. If you need more information about the franchise or the concept, contact @ Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites . So, without further ado, please rate the chance and want of Fatal Frame representation.

Tomorrow we'll be rating both Sora and Rank 11 Chance Toon Zelda/Tetra! Please predict how they'll do.

D

Deleted member

Magolor and Fatal Frame Representation have been added to the Directory.

Magolor
Chance:
2%

Magolor is the most recent Kirby villain that has obtained popularity thanks to Kirby's Return to Dream Land, his debut game. In that game, he was the main villain and he backstabbed Kirby and friends after when they repaired the Lor Starcutter and defeated Landia so that he could obtain the Master Crown.
While he has the popularity and even has been in several promotional Kirby stuff (even being in the Challenges mode in the Kirby 20th Anniversary game), he isn't more important as other Kirby villains like Marx and Dark Matter. It's just hard for this guy to stand out amongst other Kirby villains. Also, I feel as though Bandana Dee would also take priority over Magolor as he has far more requests in Japan, being playable alongside the main trio is important, and having some significance in the recent Kirby games definitely goes in Bandana Dee's favor.
I just can't see this guy get in before Bandana Dee and if there was a 4th Kirby rep, it's going to be him. A 5th Kirby character is a massive longshot and it's certainly not going to happen before Zelda will get its 5th rep.
Want: 0%
Honestly, I didn't like Magolor the moment I saw him in the trailers. Even before the game's release, I knew this guy was going to be the main villain. It was so painfully obvious to me. I am actually bothered as to why Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee agree to help this stranger that they never met before. Even as a villain… I found him to be generic and boring.
However, my want will skyrocket to 100% if this was his voice:

Fatal Frame Representation
Chance:
0%

I'm… not confident in this at all. Very niche series. I don't feel like explaining this. Sorry!
Want: 0%
In the end, I heavily don't care.

Sora Prediction: .84%
He'll beat Cloud… remember when I made some bullet points as to why Cloud won't be added in Smash? Expect that to happen here.
Speaking of Cloud, I am considering to renominate him. The crown the lowest want in this game's history should go to Cloud Strife, not Athena.
Toon Zelda & Tetra Prediction: 38.89%
I see a slight increase in chance and maybe a slight increase or decrease in want.

Nominations: Shulk 5x

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Magolor
Chance: 1% - As of now he's just a one-time Kirby character. The consensus is that if we are to get a fourth Kirby rep, it will be Waddle Dee.
Want: 67% - He seems like a fun character. I'd definitely welcome his inclusion.

Fatal Frame representation.
Chance: 10% - So trophies and stickers don't count? What about music? I confess that I don't know very much about the franchise. If I had to guess I'd say that it's status as one of Nintendo's more mature franchises hurts its chances of gettin any serious acknowledgement.
Want: 70% - I would actually like to see this a lot.

Sora prediction: 3.33%

Toon Zelda prediction: 42%

Nominations: <10% chance character becoming playable x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Magolor:

Chance: 3%
If we get a newcomer in the Kirby series (which, in and of itself, I doubt), it's probably going to be Bandana Waddle Dee.

Want: 4%
Has a cute design at the very least.

Abstaining from Fatal Frame.

Sora Prediction: 2.1%

Toon Zelda/Tetra: 44%
Expecting this to drop for no particular reason.

Nominations: Non-character Hanafuda Representation

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
**** YES! Sora tomorrow, AND I'll be here for it!

Magolor:
Chance: 6% - He's got Muh recency, and he has some minor popularity, but he will not beat out fan favorite Bandana Dee IF we get another Kirby rep, which is doubtful.
Want: 10% - Aside from Playing through RTDL, I know little about him - but seems based on Kirby's Dream Collection to be just a Kirby clone.

Fatal Frame:
Chance: 1% - Can't count any Nintendo franchise out 100%, but only 1 game i know of - sorry fans.
Want: 0% - Can't say I would - I want Alexandra Roivas if we get a horror rep.

Sora: 10% - Being generous, he'll be torn to shreds in chance tomorrow, but I know there's SOME dedicated Kingdom Hearts fans out there.
Toon Zelda/Tetra: 55%

Noms:
Tropical Freeze stage x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad and @ Sid-cada Sid-cada both win an extra five for Bowser's Castle. I win for Alph. (I am not sure how I managed to win for both of the Pikmin captains)

D

Deleted member

Magolor:

Chance - 3%: Another Kirby rep is doubtful...but if another one were to come, it probably wouldn't be Magolor but Waddle Dee instead.
Want - 0%: No thank you.

Fatal Frame:

Chance - 5%: This is coming from someone who owns most of the Fatal Frame titles, I unfortunately don't see too much of it getting mentioned in Smash 4. The least I can see it get is some music, sticker, or trophy at best.
Want - 50%: Would be nice, depends on how it's handled.

Nomination: Peppy Hare x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Magolor:
Chances: 12%
Want: 75%

-Fatal Frame Representation:
Chances: 2%
Want:15%

-Sora Prediction: 1,9%

-Toon Zelda/Tetra Prediction: 32%

-Nomination: Lor Starcutter X5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Magolor
Chance: 5%
Want: 60%

Fatal Frame Representation:
Chance: 1%
Want: 30%

Sora: 2.6%
Zetra: 41%

Nominations:
Lupus x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Magolor: 1%
He's really unlikely, mostly because of two things.
- Kirby series is unlikely to receive another character.
- Bandana Dee is a shoo-in for the next Kirby rep.

Want: 5%
Nope.

Fatal Frame Representation: 0%
My belief is that, when it comes to 3rd parties, they either get a playable character and a ton of content..., or they get nothing at all. Fatal Frame, despite being a highly acclaimed series, doesn't really have a proper chance of getting a character, when it is pitted against the likes of Mega Man, Snake, Sonic and Pac-Man.

Want: 35%
The Ace Attorney series warmed me a bit to paranormal thingies, but eh.

Sora prediction: 100%
It's Sakurai's company after all!

Oh wait, Disney's Sora. 1%

Toon Zelda/Tetra prediction: 26%

Wild Gunman x 5

andimidna

Smash Master
Too bad I missed miis to give 0% want.
Magolor:
Chances: hmmm... probably low... I'll go with 8%
Want: I've only really felt personally attached to Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight, but for some reason, when I first saw Magolor, I wanted him in Smash Bros. I don't know what it was...
He's definitely my most wanted Kirby rep. And I don't actually want a Kirby rep.
I'd prefer it to stick with 3, but just because... I'll give Magolor a 80% want. He's the only other Kirby character I really like, and another Kirby rep isn't impossible if Zelda gets 5 and Metroid gets something other than Samus's. As for Kirby characters... they added 2/3 in Brawl. I'm thinking Sakurai will look more at his other series, Kid Icarus, and will add Palutena, and if he wants a 3rd, Medusa.

Fatal Frame... dunno.

Sora prediction: 3.8%
Toon Zelda/ Tetra prediction: 31%
Clones are so likely becuz all the newcomers have been clones
Made it higher than my thoughts, I'll bet shes' got fans here.*sigh* the only character I completely love in their series that I completely dislike the idea of being in Smash Bros.

Medusa x3
Tiki x2

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Chance: 10% - So trophies and stickers don't count? What about music?
If it appears in a stage, yes, if it's only available from the music box no. Basically I consider the representation anything you would come across naturally while playing the game, anything you have to search for in the menus is not enough.

My belief is that, when it comes to 3rd parties, they either get a playable character and a ton of content..., or they get nothing at all. Fatal Frame, despite being a highly acclaimed series, doesn't really have a proper chance of getting a character, when it is pitted against the likes of Mega Man, Snake, Sonic and Pac-Man.
Fatal Frame is second party at worst, and first party at best. Unlike others however this was an acquisition, and therefore was Third Party 'till nintendo bought it out when it was about to go bust making Fatal Frame IV. Now Nintendo owns at least the publishing rights to any new titles in series (but not the old ones it seems given Fatal Frame III was recently released on PSN... though it would be lining Nintendo's pockets, so who knows?). Exactly how much they own is not known, and they have yet to develop any of the games, but it is arguably a Nintendo IP.

Magalor:

Chances: 2%
Kirby's pretty much complete, although the final boss true villian style character is the one thing you could argue it's missing. He's the most recent, but that doesn't mean much. Badana Dee has the popularity vote too, not helping him.

Want: 25%
I like me some Kirby Villians.

Fatal Frame Representation:
Ho boy, this is a hard one for a fan to write about. Fatal Frame, or Project Zero as it's known in my country, is rated 18, deals with mature themes (sororicide, torture, insanity, cults), and in my opinion the only actually scary survival horror franchise. The main characters a bit generic, and don't have enough powers to really serve as anything, and the ghosts often have wounds from their deaths and expressions of pain and suffering... not exactly smash friendly when the game doesn't even allow guns. In all likelihood I would imagine most of the series would be unusable as even trophies or stickers...

That said there are 2 reasons I think Nintendo might want to put the series more into the public knowledge:

The Wii U
and The 3DS.

The simple fact is the hardware is perfect for a game where you take photos of ghosts, as is evident by the Spirit Camera game on the 3DS. It was really good (assuming you played it in the dark and had a torch to scan the Diary of Faces AR book), reasonably well recieved ( often very well as an AR game, though often poorly recieved as a new Fatal Frame due to it's short length), and even got a Miiverse page. The fandom is pretty niche, but we're clamoring for more, and most of us want it on the Wii U or more Spirit Camera spin-offs, and with proper advertising the simple fact it utilises the hardware so well could make it quite desirabl, and hopefully quite successful... though if Nintendo will feel this way is questionable, and if they think smash is the way to do it, or if Nintendo Directs are good enough...

So now let's get down to what I think is a reasonable cut-off for significant representation and rate each seperately:

A Playable Character: 0%
It's hard to vote a Nintenod franchise out, but honestly nothing fits. The girls don't have enough for a moveset, or the importance to have one made up, and the ghosts are too creepy to get into the fray... it's a pipe dream at best.

A Stage: 0%
While a stage itself may seem innocuous it's still pretty morbid, and will likely again include ghosts as hazards... not in a game kids will play.

An Item: 3%
The Spirit Camera of the side stories or Camera Obscura of the main series is pretty iconic, and would make a pretty obvious item pick to represent it... for more than say a submarine gun. I would put this higher (probably topping the 10%) if it didn't likely bring with it trophies of the ghosts, and this is the crux you'll find throughout this post.

An Assist Trophy: 0.5%
Ultimately, it'd be one of the girls doing the exact same thing the Camera could in a players hands, and they as characters aren't enough to get people interested, so are unlikely. They may however be easier to balance than the item so may be picked, but I don't think it likely.

Music used in another stage: 10%
And here's where things get interesting. Luigi's Mansion 2 is a stage about haunted houses, and Fatal Frame is a series about Haunted Houses... perfect, no? Certainly more fitting than Tetris, and despite Fatal Frame mostly having ambience created by moaning or shuffling rather than actual tunes there are a few tracks that could work quite well on a stage. I've listed all the tracks I think could work (and are iconic enough to their games) from the 3 games that where made after Niintendo's Aquisition of the title:

Fatal Frame II main theme (sounds most like a battle theme)
Fatal Frame II end credits (this is liscenced, but was reliscenced for the Wii remake)
Fatal Frame IV main theme (this one has plot relevance, and is probably the most likely from the main series)
Fatal Frame IV pipe organ version (again, but creepier, fitting the series; [spoilers redacted as to where this plays])
Fatal Frame IV end credits (liscenced, so less likely)
Spirit Camera Main Theme (the more likely game to get music in all likelihood)
Duet For One (less plot relevant than the Tsukimori Song, but still important)
Spirit Camera End Credits (This track also sounds fitting for a battle)
Spirit Camera Epilogue (it has a tune, but no other redeeming features like the others)

It's not a lot given that it's basically everything I could find in 3 games, but you only need one in my books, and they could put a few to sit alongside the other themes. I think one of them being chosen has a pretty decent shot, just not a huge one because there's a lot of competition.

That which does not count includes Tophies, Stickers and Music only available in the Jukebox. Basically if you can't come across it during a normal game I'm not counting it as enough representation for this concept!

So that looks like 13.5%, but it isn't. While the AT and Item are exclusive to each other the music has a notable crossover, I think about a tenth of the music's chance comes bundle with the items so it's more 12.5%... then we get into the legal side of things. While Nintendo kinda owns the series, that's the crux, they've never developed one of the games, and only parcially own it as far as I can tell... that said I have no clue who would own the other part considering it bounces between developers... and given it does whoever it is probably doesn't mind it getting into smash... but second party games come with an inherent risk, and this isn't as big as Fire Emblem or Pokémon so I don't think it can overcome it as easily... so I'm halfing that score.

Chance: 6.25%
Music is it's lifeline really, and even then, it's just not enough to make it likely. Possible, very much so, but not likely.

Want: 95%
Not 100%? Well, Project Zero is creepy, and if thrown in could be too mature for smash, hurting the dynamic (like snake did imho). I do however feel that the small amount that would be represented wouldn't effect it, and trust that Sakurai wouldn't damage the integrity of the series with it, but I can't give 100% because as much as I love Project Zero, and want on the Wii U, I love Smash more.

Sora: 1.2%
I think we're pretty sour to Square, though I think he'll still be higher than Cloud.

Toon Zelda/Tetra: 36.2%
Still Zelda's most likely bet.

Slime*5
(Goo just goo-ldn't write more than Gr-ooze about such a low chance concept goo-ld goo Cheezey? I'm dis-slop-ointed in goo!)

Btw, I find the disparity between the cutesy Kirby visuals and the Fatal Frame title in the OP hilarious.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
missed a day, oh well guess that what happens when you get busy with something else
magalor - 1.50%
not much really, there's doubt he'll even be an assist, let alone a playable character
want - 10%
he's okay, still prefer bandana dee above all else
fatal frame representation - 5%
I don't see how any characters, assist, stages, or even items can make it in, but music is possible, that's about all it got
want - 50%
eh indifferent
sora - 0.89%
higher than cloud . . . that's about it
toon Zelda/ tetra - 35. 76%
could be anywhere between 30-40 range, I just chose the middle
nominations:
ballon fighterX5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Magolor Chances: 10%. Spearcopter!
Want: 65%. Wh-wh-what?! Yep. Would be neat actually. But no way on Earth I'd support him over Bandanna Dee, Kawasaki, or Gooey.
FF Chances: 0%. Unless if stickers and the chronicle return (which I doubt) I'd be surprised.
Want: 20%. Meh.
Sora: 2.3%
TZ/ Tetra: 36.8%
Dedede Arena X1
Leif X4

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Magolor's chances: 0.5% - Find a Kirby character to be really unlikely, Bandana Dee is above him, blah blah blah...though I'll give him 0.5% because he seems like the best choice after BD.
Want: 55% - Honestly? I'd take him over Bandana Dee any day.

Fatal Frame representation: 0.5% - I doubt it.
Want: 50% - I wouldn't mind it.

Sora prediction: 1.23% - Square characters don't do well.
Toon Zelda/Tetra prediction: 32.21% - They're going to drop, probably.

Balloon Fighter x10

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Alph Chances: 5%. I'm going to need something special for this... oh, and what perfect timing! There he is!
A wild @ Gunla Gunla appeared!
@ Depressed Gengar Depressed Gengar used Thief!
Got away safely!
What did I steal? The logic bullet, of course!
LOGIC BULLET ENGAGE.
Wha...wha?? Good Game?

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Mags: Dubz 0%
FF: 6.5%
Want: 50%
TZ: 45.64%
Sora: 1.24%
BASED OMASTAR x 5

edit: wait a minute, @ Groose Groose , Omastar isn't on the nominations list!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Doubting a Sunday update today. I may have some time this evening, but I'll either spend it working on my special project or updating the OP.
edit: wait a minute, @ Groose Groose , Omastar isn't on the nominations list!
He's there. Take a closer look.

Too bad I missed miis to give 0% want.
Trust me--they didn't need you to. They did pathetic in want as it is.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
MagaloZeroIII
Pros
+Kirby Villain (Because Dedede isn't one anymore.)
+Kinda Unique with the Dark movesets and such
+Relevant, not just a one off character
Cons
-The Spearman murders and pikes absolutely everything that isn't him for Newcomers in Kirby.
Overall in the off chance that Bandana Dee isn't the guy, it may be him.
OVERALL RATING: 2%

Want: 100%- My favorite Kirby villain. If I don't get the Dee, I want this guy.

Fatal Frame... Not Fatal Fury.
Chances: 10%- Because Music is representation this is actually high.
Want: 50%-I do not care.

PREDICTIONS:

Sora- .4%- He's not Lightning, the new fad of Square.
Tetra + TZ- 20%- Lower than solo Tetra for a reason.

NOMINATIONS:
OMASTAR- HAIL HELIX X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh please Groose find some time! I want to be here for Sora's day.....
Send me your rating and whatever arguments you would have in your post in a PM, and I'll post it here for you on Sora's day if you can't be present. It will be counted and averaged as a normal rating.

...it's probably best that you're not here, anyway. I don't think people will be very receptive of him.

OMASTAR- HAIL HELIX X5
More of a Dome guy myself. Then again, I tolerate all video game faiths... Except that of a certain god who likes to hijack my thread.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Magolor

Chance - 9.5% - Now that I know a bit more about Triple Deluxe, I take back at what I said about Dark Matter. Magolor is now the second most likely. At first, I thought him repapering in Dream Collection was just going to be a one-off sort of thing, but he cameos way too many times in Triple Deluxe to be coincidence. seriously, the guy's growing fast enough to rival Galacta Knight's speed. While I'm still hedging my bets on Dee, I'm starting to think that Magolor is really a character the current developers like. If I recall right, he said the Final battle was made to "please older Kirby Fans," and I can certainly see why, as the overall battle seems to take cues from many different older Kirby final bosses. Now that he's redeemed himself in Dream Collection, I'm expecting him to be another reoccurring face in the series.

Want - 68% - Not quite to the same extent as Dark Matter, but I'm still interested in him. The two main reasons, I guess, are the Magolor challenge races were a good challenge and provide an interesting move set, and I still want a few answers to those questions he raised for that dialogue he had after getting all 120 spheres.

Fatal Frame representation

Chance - 10% - Not very certain if it will happen, but it's at least believable that something or other could show up.

Want - 52% - Don't care, but we could stand to have a bit more Horror things around, so why not?

More extra nominations? Didn't I just get some yesterday? ... Wow, I must be better than I though. Welp, still no predictions outta me!

Nominations
Halcandra X10

Smady

Smash Master
Magolor

1% Chance:
After we got two Kirby newcomers in Brawl, there's no way they'd add another so quickly, let alone a one-time villain. He's in the company of Marx, Dark Matter, Nightmare and the list goes on, although he played a larger part in his game than those characters. There's also the fact that he only really fights in his monster form, sure he could fight in his cutesy friendly appearance, but it'd be a logical stretch.

Bandanna Dee also makes it difficult; opinions aside, he's a popular rep for Kirby. If anything sucks up one last Kirby rep, it'll be that guy.

The only positive for him is that the game came out at the best possible time to be represented in Smash 4.

65% Want: Magolor would be fun, but I'd prefer Bandanna Dee. That'd be a more seamless, natural Smasher compared to Magolor who uses magic and is just another sinister, traitorous Kirby villain. It's almost antithetical to the Kirby series to all of a sudden dump a one-off antagonist into Smash Bros, they're in the same camp as other surreal bosses like Master Hand or Tabuu.

Why I want Magolor nonetheless is just he'd automatically have a great set based on his magic alone, which can be interpreted a million ways and he'd be the best representation of Return to Dreamland. He's not only the final boss and ultimate antagonist, but a recurring character in what plot there is in the game.

Fatal Frame

2% Chance:
The exact stipulation here is a bit different from usual, being any kind of content in the game. I know Nintendo owns the series, but I've not see them do anything with it. If you're unsure who even owns an IP or franchise that's generally a bad sign about its future. However it is a well-known series in the horror genre that has rabid fans, and has plenty of items or music to include.

50% Want: I'm indifferent, never played the games, but they look interesting enough that I'd enjoy a sequel or any future game if it were to come off the back of Smash Bros. Not that it would happen off the kind of things that would ever get into Smash Bros and the fan already stated there are no characters who could ever be playable.

Sora Prediction: 0.7%
Third-party and divisive among fans. There are plenty of proud fans and haters, although most would agree it's unlikely.
Tetra/Toon Zelda Prediction: 15%
Always an unpopular combo when compared to just Tetra.

Arino (Retro Game Master) x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...it's probably best that you're not here, anyway. I don't think people will be very receptive of him.
I am expecting that. Sora's day will be like another Cloud day; zeroes all around with the hatebase probably affecting his scores.
I'm honestly more nervous about Toon Zelda tomorrow. I hope she stays where she is on the chance charts…

Speaking of the chance charts, can we have a Most Overrated, Most Underrated, and Favorite Days again as well as a Disappointment day (like CheezeyBites mentioned) a week before E3? I'm more curious on who we believe is now overrated and underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom