• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Magalor Chance: 5%
As I said yesterday, he has other Kirby one-shots to compete with. I know he is technically not a one-shot, but I mean a character that appears once in a big role, then has a few cameos afterwards (like Marx and Galacta Knight).

Magalor Want: 20%
I never beat Return to Dreamland, so I don't know his abilities, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fatal Frame Chance: 0.5 %
It seems overrated. It didn't originate on Nintendo, it doesn't seem really popular (more like a hidden gem I guess), and it wasn't made by a company close to Nintendo. Plus it seems to dark.
Can someone explain what is so great about this?

Fatal Frame Want: 0.1%
Thanks but no thanks.

Sora Prediction: 0.5%
Besides the die-hard Kingdom Hearts fans, everyone hates Sora for Smash. Even some fans know he is unlikely. Unless the thread is flooded with ignorant Kingdom Hearts fans tomorrow, Sora is getting a low score.
Then again, Sakurai's companies name is Sora (Hint hint anyone?)....

Toon Zelda/Tetra Prediction: 50%
I just don't see Tetra getting in by herself. I mean, why would Sakurai have the Toon version of a character with a transformation not have a transformation? Maybe Tetra would be the lead, and then go to Toon Zelda. I don't care, I'm just going to pray that there isn't a Toon Sheik. *cringes*

Nominations: The usual, X5 Sandbag

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People hate the idea of Sora for Smash, but it's not because they hate the character or anything like that. The dislike stems from the floodgate of unreasonable requests such a character would open up.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Magolor - 12%

If Sakurai sees no issue in giving Magolor a few abilities akin to that of his boss fights in Return to Dreamland, then he could work fine. Plus he was shown to have a few magic abilities in his normal form in Kirby's Dream Collection. His second major appearance in the Kirby series also keeps him relevant currently, he doesn't seem to be a one-shot, perhaps a one-time antagonist, but I have no doubt he'll make at least a few more appearances in the Kirby series.

His main competition is Bandana Dee, the thing is that Bandana Dee also has the potential to be unique with being a spear-user and all. Bandana Dee has also been around for longer.

The main issue is Sakurai's modesty and paranoia towards "overrepping" a series he created. Any Kirby newcomer is unlikely, and if Sakurai does decide to give Kirby a newcomer, ultimately I feel like Bandana Dee would be chosen first.

Want - 70%

Though I would prefer Bandana Dee, Magolor would be a pretty awesome character if, as previously mentioned, he was able to use attacks much like many of those in his boss fights in Return to Dreamland.

I also like Magolor as a character.

Currently abstaining from Fatal Frame since I do not know much about it. I may edit this post later on after doing some research.

Sora Prediction - 0.97%

Toon Zelda/Tetra Prediction - 46.52%

2 DK newcomers x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Magalor
1% Chance
10% Want

Abstaining from FF

Sora 1.11%
TZ/Tetra 42.42%

Robin x 5

(Help so we may rate Lucas: The Wizard)

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Magolor

chance 12% I suspect Bandana Waddle Dee might come first if there's a Kirby newcomer.
want 25%

FF
chance 1% For the little things like stickers I could see it happening, not so much for the bigger things.
want 25%

x3 Sheriff
x2 Dr. Lobe

predict 0.9% and 53%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Magolor:
Chance: 0%
It seems harsh but unless we for some reason got TWO Kirby newcomer characters and the second one wasn't Gooey, Knuckle Joe, Adeline or another popular Kirby character, Magolor has no chance of beating out Bandana Waddle Dee.

Want: 10%
Return to Dreamland was actually my favourite Kirby game to date. However, Magolor had less to do with that than the four player co-op and seeing Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight and yes; Bandana Waddle Dee team up, riding on the back of dragons and basically tear enemies apart together. Magolor isn't a terrible character, but Bandana Waddle Dee comes first, and there's still about six newcomers I want before Bandana Waddle Dee and a good few dozen I want before Magolor.

Fatal Frame:
Chances:
As a character: 0%
As a stage: 0%
As an AT: 1%
As a musical score: 20%
As a trophy: 20%
As a sticker: 20%

Yeah, I can't see it happening for anything OTHER than maybe a musical score, or a regular trophy or sticker.
Groose, it's upto you which you decide to go with.

Want: 3%
I love new series representation. Especially if it's obscure. However there's loads of series I want before Fatal Frame nod wise; Doshin the Giant, Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, Dillon's Rolling Western, Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, Fossil Fighters, Chibi-Robo, etc. All these series seem a better fit, which is an issue.

Predictions:
Sora: 0.8%
Another third party, isn't likely to get in over Pac-Man, the majority of the main series games have been on Playstation consoles(bar Dream Drop Distance which I'm informed is of main plot importance), is partially owned by the notoriously difficult to work with; Disney. So many reasons for Sora NOT to be included.

Tetra/Toon Zelda: 35%
The most likely Zelda newcomer and a clone that was planned for Brawl.

Nominations:
(wow I won twice within two days?)

RTC Top Ten Member AT X 10

All in, baby!

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Magolor:
It seems harsh but unless we for some reason got TWO Kirby newcomer characters and the second one wasn't Gooey, Knuckle Joe, Adeline or another popular Kirby character, Magolor has no chance of beating out Bandana Waddle Dee.

Return to Dreamland was actually my favourite Kirby game to date. However, Magolor had less to do with that than the four player co-op and seeing Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight and yes; Bandana Waddle Dee team up, riding on the back of dragons and basically tear enemies apart together. Magolor isn't a terrible character, but Bandana Waddle Dee comes first, and there's still about six newcomers I want before Bandana Waddle Dee and a good few dozen I want before Magolor.

Fatal Frame:
Chances:

Yeah, I can't see it happening for anything OTHER than maybe a musical score, or a regular trophy or sticker.
Groose, since I'm guessing this is character based, stick with the 0%

I love new series representation. Especially if it's obscure. However there's loads of series I want before Fatal Frame nod wise; Doshin the Giant, Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, Dillon's Rolling Western, Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, Fossil Fighters, Chibi-Robo, etc. All these series seem a better fit, which is an issue.

Predictions:
Another third party, isn't likely to get in over Pac-Man, all main series games have been on Playstation consoles, is partially owned by the notoriously difficult to work with; Disney. So many reasons for Sora NOT to be included.

Nominations:

All in, baby!
Music counts.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Magolor:

Fatal Frame:
Chances:

Groose, since I'm guessing this is character based, stick with the 0%

Predictions:
Another third party, isn't likely to get in over Pac-Man, all main series games have been on Playstation consoles, is partially owned by the notoriously difficult to work with; Disney. So many reasons for Sora NOT to be included.

Nominations:

All in, baby!

I do want to point out a small error - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is technically a main story point in KH; it's where Riku becomes a Keyblade Master and heavily links KH2 to the upcoming KH3.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
MAGOLOR

Chance: 0.1% - A no-shot one-shot.

Want: 0% - We're fine with Kirby, MetaKnight, King Dedede.

FATAL FRAME REPRESENTATION

Chance: 1% - Unlikely.

Want: 55% - It'd be cool I guess.

Sora Prediction: .65% - We will see.

Tetra Toon/Zelda Prediction: 34% - Seems popular.

Nominations:
Balloon Fighter x5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
People hate the idea of Sora for Smash, but it's not because they hate the character or anything like that. The dislike stems from the floodgate of unreasonable requests such a character would open up.
I actually don't like the character.
And I despise the idea of him in Smash even more.
Wait until Sora's day, oh boy.

MAGOLOR:

Chance: 7.5%
He's been in Return to Dream Land and Dream Collection, and got a reference in Triple Deluxe. I personally feel that he will become more important with time.

Want: 85%
Hey, I like him, and I like Return to Dream Land even more.

FATAL FRAME REPRESENTATION:

Skipping this, I really don't know anything about this series and this is probably the only time you will ever hear me say that about a Nintendo franchise.

Telda (?) Prediction: 30%
They will do very well, at least compared to a slew of others that did horribly.

Noms:
GRENINJA x5
HAWLUCHA x5
Greninja can wait, I completely forgot that Hawlucha was who I wanted to nominate in the first place.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Magolor chance: 2.5% There is that one chance that he appeared in a game from over 3 years ago. But that's pretty much it for Magolor.
Magolor Want: 10% Would rather have other Kirby characters over him.

Nominations:
x5 Alph Brittany Charlie.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Malagor: 2%
Want: 10% 'Cause Bandana Dee

Fatal Frame Representation: 10%
Want: 50%

Sora: 0.61%
Toon Zelda/Tetra: 35.99%

x5 Balloon Fighter

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Magalor Likelihood: 1.25%
Want: 15%

Sora: .825%
Toon Zelda/Tetra: 31.65%

Unlockable Newcomers x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
When you look in the mirror and say Groose three times.
It's also a good method for turning your hair from average to fabulous in a swift, pompous second.

Magolor
Chance - 5%
Definitely an interesting character, and the fact he received different aspects from different bosses and had a cute and cuddly regular form makes me feel like he's going to be a recurring element of the series. However, he isn't that now, and the only reason I see him making it in is if for some reason he Rosalinas his way in it and Sakurai Toadifies Bandana Dee. And I really don't see there being a high chance of that happening.
But even worse, I just don't see there being a high chance we'll even get another kirby character.

Want - 70%
I like him. His presence in the story and the plot twist made RtD all the better and it reminded me of the original twist of Dedede fighting Kirby because he was protecting dream land from the actual bad guy. Actually, scratch that, it makes no sense. He reminded me of the Marx plot twist. Yea, that's more accurate.
I also like his design and his elmo voice.

Fatal Frame
Nope, have no clue what I'm doing here. Abstain.

Predictions
Sora - 1%
Watch one or two people give something absurd like 15% and shift everything so that it's more than just decimals. I'll preemptively grab my head in dismay.

Tetra/Zelda - 57%
Most likely Zelda rep imo, and I feel like with Toon Link in the game and Toon Zelda being everywhere, it's not a bizarre proposition.

Nominations
x5 Balloon Fight stage

D

Deleted member

I dunno…
I feel a bit obligated to nominating Captain Rainbow again. I feel as though that he is a contender if Sakurai referenced his game. I think that this trophy slightly increases the chances of Captain Rainbow, Hikari, and Lip (and Takamaru, but his score is fine). It might be worth it to re-evaluate them.
I might renominate him. I'll think about it after when I have finished Shulk.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I guess I know who to nominate after I'm done with Wild Gunman. Also, updated chance chart ahoy! I've been able to trck down the font used in the Smash 4 website, too. I'll update both charts later.
chance 10b.png

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it… I think that Captain Rainbow's representation may have affected the chances of Shulk and Saki. The sales of their games/series weren't the best in the world, but they have at least have some form of demand like CR does in Japan. Popularity may factor into this…

Kirby's Dream Collection was less than 2 years ago.
While that is true, Magolor's main time to shine was in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Magolor:
Chances: 2%
I'd prefer Bandana Dee and I feel he is more suitable.

Fatal Frame:
Can't rate
Predictions:
Sora: 1.1%
Tetra/Zelda: 63%

Nominations:
Paper Mario Stage x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Magolor - 5%
Fatal Frame re that isn't a trophy - 1%

predict Sora 1%
Tetra/Toon Zelda 38%

Flynn x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Maybe I should have made more arguments so people know what they're voting on... but that's kinda difficult when even I don't think it's likely...

Also I'm kinda busy:

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Magolor: 0.75%
Too recent

Want: 22%
Hey, he looks exactly like a cross between Black Mage and an X-Naut!

Deadly Internal Structure: ???%
Who even owns the series?

Want: 1.1%
I'd mostly be confused, I guess.

Sora: 0.45%
Tetra/Toon Zelda: 68.63%

Nominate:
Isabelle x5

Groose

Smash Champion
When does it change?
Around 8PM to 11PM pretty much ever day. Updates used to be more consistently timed, but four AP classes and senior year are taking their toll.

I dunno…
I feel a bit obligated to nominating Captain Rainbow again. I feel as though that he is a contender if Sakurai referenced his game. I think that this trophy slightly increases the chances of Captain Rainbow, Hikari, and Lip (and Takamaru, but his score is fine). It might be worth it to re-evaluate them.
I might renominate him. I'll think about it after when I have finished Shulk.
Agree. I had rated Rainbow under the presumption that he game was fairly obscure even in Japan (it only sold 6,000 copies in its first week at retail!), but I've seen Japanese fans reference the game a lot more in my recent searching, and now Sakurai himself has acknowledged it. I'm not jumping on the "oh, he's so likely" bandwagon, but the 7.5% I gave him will double.

I guess I know who to nominate after I'm done with Wild Gunman. Also, updated chance chart ahoy! I've been able to trck down the font used in the Smash 4 website, too. I'll update both charts later.
View attachment 10045
Thank you! ...and I'm not the first one to ask what the font is, and I doubt I'll be the last. Do tell!
If it appears in a stage, yes, if it's only available from the music box no. Basically I consider the representation anything you would come across naturally while playing the game, anything you have to search for in the menus is not enough.

Fatal Frame is second party at worst, and first party at best. Unlike others however this was an acquisition, and therefore was Third Party 'till nintendo bought it out when it was about to go bust making Fatal Frame IV. Now Nintendo owns at least the publishing rights to any new titles in series (but not the old ones it seems given Fatal Frame III was recently released on PSN... though it would be lining Nintendo's pockets, so who knows?). Exactly how much they own is not known, and they have yet to develop any of the games, but it is arguably a Nintendo IP.

Magalor:

Chances: 2%
Kirby's pretty much complete, although the final boss true villian style character is the one thing you could argue it's missing. He's the most recent, but that doesn't mean much. Badana Dee has the popularity vote too, not helping him.

Want: 25%
I like me some Kirby Villians.

Fatal Frame Representation:
Ho boy, this is a hard one for a fan to write about. Fatal Frame, or Project Zero as it's known in my country, is rated 18, deals with mature themes (sororicide, torture, insanity, cults), and in my opinion the only actually scary survival horror franchise. The main characters a bit generic, and don't have enough powers to really serve as anything, and the ghosts often have wounds from their deaths and expressions of pain and suffering... not exactly smash friendly when the game doesn't even allow guns. In all likelihood I would imagine most of the series would be unusable as even trophies or stickers...

That said there are 2 reasons I think Nintendo might want to put the series more into the public knowledge:

The Wii U
and The 3DS.

The simple fact is the hardware is perfect for a game where you take photos of ghosts, as is evident by the Spirit Camera game on the 3DS. It was really good (assuming you played it in the dark and had a torch to scan the Diary of Faces AR book), reasonably well recieved ( often very well as an AR game, though often poorly recieved as a new Fatal Frame due to it's short length), and even got a Miiverse page. The fandom is pretty niche, but we're clamoring for more, and most of us want it on the Wii U or more Spirit Camera spin-offs, and with proper advertising the simple fact it utilises the hardware so well could make it quite desirabl, and hopefully quite successful... though if Nintendo will feel this way is questionable, and if they think smash is the way to do it, or if Nintendo Directs are good enough...

So now let's get down to what I think is a reasonable cut-off for significant representation and rate each seperately:

A Playable Character: 0%
It's hard to vote a Nintenod franchise out, but honestly nothing fits. The girls don't have enough for a moveset, or the importance to have one made up, and the ghosts are too creepy to get into the fray... it's a pipe dream at best.

A Stage: 0%
While a stage itself may seem innocuous it's still pretty morbid, and will likely again include ghosts as hazards... not in a game kids will play.

An Item: 3%
The Spirit Camera of the side stories or Camera Obscura of the main series is pretty iconic, and would make a pretty obvious item pick to represent it... for more than say a submarine gun. I would put this higher (probably topping the 10%) if it didn't likely bring with it trophies of the ghosts, and this is the crux you'll find throughout this post.

An Assist Trophy: 0.5%
Ultimately, it'd be one of the girls doing the exact same thing the Camera could in a players hands, and they as characters aren't enough to get people interested, so are unlikely. They may however be easier to balance than the item so may be picked, but I don't think it likely.

Music used in another stage: 10%
And here's where things get interesting. Luigi's Mansion 2 is a stage about haunted houses, and Fatal Frame is a series about Haunted Houses... perfect, no? Certainly more fitting than Tetris, and despite Fatal Frame mostly having ambience created by moaning or shuffling rather than actual tunes there are a few tracks that could work quite well on a stage. I've listed all the tracks I think could work (and are iconic enough to their games) from the 3 games that where made after Niintendo's Aquisition of the title:

Fatal Frame II main theme (sounds most like a battle theme)
Fatal Frame II end credits (this is liscenced, but was reliscenced for the Wii remake)
Fatal Frame IV main theme (this one has plot relevance, and is probably the most likely from the main series)
Fatal Frame IV pipe organ version (again, but creepier, fitting the series; [spoilers redacted as to where this plays])
Fatal Frame IV end credits (liscenced, so less likely)
Spirit Camera Main Theme (the more likely game to get music in all likelihood)
Duet For One (less plot relevant than the Tsukimori Song, but still important)
Spirit Camera End Credits (This track also sounds fitting for a battle)
Spirit Camera Epilogue (it has a tune, but no other redeeming features like the others)

It's not a lot given that it's basically everything I could find in 3 games, but you only need one in my books, and they could put a few to sit alongside the other themes. I think one of them being chosen has a pretty decent shot, just not a huge one because there's a lot of competition.

That which does not count includes Tophies, Stickers and Music only available in the Jukebox. Basically if you can't come across it during a normal game I'm not counting it as enough representation for this concept!

So that looks like 13.5%, but it isn't. While the AT and Item are exclusive to each other the music has a notable crossover, I think about a tenth of the music's chance comes bundle with the items so it's more 12.5%... then we get into the legal side of things. While Nintendo kinda owns the series, that's the crux, they've never developed one of the games, and only parcially own it as far as I can tell... that said I have no clue who would own the other part considering it bounces between developers... and given it does whoever it is probably doesn't mind it getting into smash... but second party games come with an inherent risk, and this isn't as big as Fire Emblem or Pokémon so I don't think it can overcome it as easily... so I'm halfing that score.

Chance: 6.25%
Music is it's lifeline really, and even then, it's just not enough to make it likely. Possible, very much so, but not likely.

Want: 95%
Not 100%? Well, Project Zero is creepy, and if thrown in could be too mature for smash, hurting the dynamic (like snake did imho). I do however feel that the small amount that would be represented wouldn't effect it, and trust that Sakurai wouldn't damage the integrity of the series with it, but I can't give 100% because as much as I love Project Zero, and want on the Wii U, I love Smash more.

Sora: 1.2%
I think we're pretty sour to Square, though I think he'll still be higher than Cloud.

Toon Zelda/Tetra: 36.2%
Still Zelda's most likely bet.

Slime*5
(Goo just goo-ldn't write more than Gr-ooze about such a low chance concept goo-ld goo Cheezey? I'm dis-slop-ointed in goo!)

Btw, I find the disparity between the cutesy Kirby visuals and the Fatal Frame title in the OP hilarious.
Excellent post, as usual. I applaud you for remaining objective--I know we can all get carried away with our more wanted features.

Miis are on the chance chart? Poo. :/

Is there a want chart?
Check the OP. The images show the Top Ten; the rest of the results are under the results tab. FYI, Miis are roughly 30 or 40% away from getting in the Want Top 10.

Abstain Magolor Chance
I wanted to do a bit more research, but I didn't have time. I'll abstain this once.

Magolor Want: 0%
I barely know anything about him, and his design isn't anything special. No one I know wants him.

Abstain Fatal Frame (Chance and Want)
I started t do some research, but I got creeped out. Plus I ran out of time.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Around 8PM to 11PM pretty much ever day. Updates used to be more consistently timed, but four AP classes and senior year are taking their toll.

Agree. I had rated Rainbow under the presumption that he game was fairly obscure even in Japan (it only sold 6,000 copies in its first week at retail!), but I've seen Japanese fans reference the game a lot more in my recent searching, and now Sakurai himself has acknowledged it. I'm not jumping on the "oh, he's so likely" bandwagon, but the 7.5% I gave him will double.

Thank you! ...and I'm not the first one to ask what the font is, and I doubt I'll be the last. Do tell!

Excellent post, as usual. I applaud you for remaining objective--I know we can all get carried away with our more wanted features.

Abstain Magolor Chance
I wanted to do a bit more research, but I didn't have time. I'll abstain this once.

Magolor Want: 0%
I barely know anything about him, and his design isn't anything special. No one I know wants him.

Abstain Fatal Frame (Chance and Want)
I started t do some research, but I got creeped out. Plus I ran out of time.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE
Well that was... anticlimactic :p

Groose

Smash Champion
Magolor (Kirby)
3.99% chance
31.16% want

Fatal Frame Representation
4.46% chance
35.77% want

Rate:
Sora (Kingdome Hearts)
Toon Zelda and Tetra

Predict:
Balloon Fighter
Gangplank Galleon

...lucky as heck I got the update in, now I gotta fly.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Sora:
Chances: 0,1%
Want: 0%

-Toon Zelda/Tetra:
Chances: 15%
With all this incredibly unique newcomers, I really doubt Sakurai will include Toon Zelda/Tetra, characters like Tingle, Vaati, Impa or even Ghirahim would be a much better addition.

Want: 1%

-Balloon Fighter Prediction: 0,5%

-Gangplank Galleon Prediction: 34%

-Nomination: Dillon X5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
We have a first today; @ Glaciacott Glaciacott got the closet to both Magolor AND Fatal Frame. Enjoy your TEN extra nominations!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sora
Chance: 0% - I just don't see him getting in. Negotiating the rights to use the Kingdom hearts franchise in SSB seems like a very difficult task with both Square Enix and Disney at the helm.
Want; 50% - I'm Neutral.

Toon Zelda
Chance: 50% - It's a coin flip. She's should be the most likely New Zelda rep as she was supposedly planned for Brawl. I just feel that the Zelda series is represented fine with the four characters we have. Also Ghirahim is still a candidate.
Want: 9% - I strongly prefer the other Zelda.

Balloon fighter prediction: 0.8%

Gangplank Galleon prediction: 18%

Nominations: <10% chance character becoming playable x5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Sora:
chance: 0.2% chance
He's simply not going to be added.
want: 51%
Sure. No hate here. I'd love to play as Sora in a Smash Bros game, why wouldn't I?
Toon Zelda and Tetra:
Toon Zelda has 0 unique abilities from Zelda, and the newcomers have all been very unique so far.
She was planned to be with "Toon Sheik" in Brawl, which is either a made up character, or Tetra as a clone of Sheik.
I'd rather they add a fighter from Zelda
I prefer Midna, Ghirahim, and Impa.
And then Vaati... and then Toon Zelda and Tetra
If I want any moveset on the roster twice, it's Zelda's, she's my main. But I want to FINALLY get something unique from Zelda. Which hasn't been done since MELEE.
All Toon Zelda does is shoot Light Arrows in the Final Boss, just like, you guessed it, Twilight Princess Zelda. So they'd have the same Final Smash... and for the other moves, there's nothing to go off of.
And sure, they've made up moves before.
I've seen people request Tetra get a bunch of stereotypical pirate moves just like Sheik somewhat got stereotypical ninja moves.
Everything made up? What's the appeal to us? And what's the appeal to Sakurai?
Does a remake justify 4 versions of Zelda on the roster? And an assist of another Zelda? How many Zeldas and Links can we get, to the point where it will be enough?
WHEN IS IT ENOUGH?!
Chance for a Zelda newcomer, slightly higher than not. About 60%.
Do I think it will be both Toon Zelda and Tetra? No.
The chance of these two both added as a team both being clones? 12%
The chance of these two being added both being unique? 10%
The chance of these two both being added with one as a clone, and one being unique? 8%
The last makes no sense.
The first would be very frowned upon, mking it not worth it in the first place.
And the middle really seems like a stretch. You'd have to make up a lot of crap to add a 3rd and 4th Zelda and have all of them be unique. Zelda doesn't do much, certainly not enough to be playable 4 times on one roster.
Chance: rounds out evenly to 10%
Still more likely than Sora by a lot.
Want: 0.2%
I love Midna.
I love Ghirahim.
Impa is cool too.
I like the idea of Ganon.
I wouldn't mind Vaati.
Even Yuga, Ravio, Hilda, Zant, Fi, Veran, Onox, Nayru, Din, Farore, and Demise would be totally fine with me.
But this, this would just be my favorite clone.
And clones are meh.
So this concept is meh.
It would be 0% if I wasn't a Zelda Sheik main.
Predictions:
Balloon Fighter: 2.79% chance
20.79% want
Gangplank Galleon: 27% chance
85% want
x2 Tiki
x2 Eirika
x1 Isabelle

x3 Banjo and Kazooie

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Haven't been rating recently because I'm finding it difficult to care about a lot of the characters being rated. Definitely willing to jump in for a character in my sig, though, and I gotta use those extra noms I got a few days ago!

Sora - 0%
Not much to say here; in the already very surprising event we get a Square Enix character, there is virtually no chance it'll be from Kingdom Hearts.
Want - 0% - Much as I like KH, I don't want Sora in Smash.

Tetra/Toon Zelda - 40% 75%
As I've stated in past ratings, I believe T/TZ is by far the most likely Zelda newcomer. Popular, recurring character(s), extremely relevant to Zelda both recently with WW HD and in the past decade, and the Forbidden Seven suggests that Toon Zelda at the minimum has been considered (although it's less clear whether Toon Sheik is Tetra). However, I am dropping my rating a fair bit from my last rating of 60% because, after I recently considered the presumptive remaining roster spots, I'm not confident that Zelda will actually see a newcomer. I'm giving the franchise roughly a 50/50 chance, maybe slightly higher, with a select few like solo Tetra, Impa, and Midna being among the other possibilities.

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention the Phantom! See this post for more, but suffice to say that's a huge indicator Toon Zelda is going to be in the game.

Want - 100% - I've no issue with clones/semi-clones as long as the character is particularly deserving, Tetra would be an awesome addition in general, and having her paired with Toon Zelda is ideal for representing the numerous Toon LoZ games over the years since Wind Waker.

Balloon Fighter - 0.4%
Oh dear.

Gangplank Galleon - 14%
No idea.

Nominations
50 or More Character Slots x10

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sora: Double Zeroes
Disney exists.

Tetra/Toon Zelda: 50% Chance / 75% Chance
Most likely Zelda newcomer imo.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Sora Likelihood: 0%
Want: 5%

Toon Zelda + Tetra Likelihood: 29%
Want: 35%

Balloon Fighter - 1.05%
Gangplank Galleon: 13.5%

Unlockable Newcomers x5

andimidna

Smash Master
If they were to do a 5th slot for Zelda, I honestly think they'd either go with
the most requested: Ghirahim
or the most important: Impa
If they were to add on to the existing characters because they were crap in Brawl
the concept of Wolf Link (& Midna) for Link and Ganon for Ganondorf is something I can support.
Companions are important in the series, and Ganon has been in 10 games, so he's the 3rd most important Zelda character, not Dorf, Sheik, or ToonL.
This would represent the Zelda series perfectly without a 5th slot.
I don't see Toon Zelda or Tetra bringing anything moveset-wise. We already have a toon character, a transformation character, Zelda, and Sheik. What do they add? We finally get pirate representation? Gee, no thanks. :glare:

Confused on why this is the most likely, especially after watching all of the current newcomer trailers... idk, just my two cents.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sora:
Likelihood: 0%
Nope. Sora is a Disney character, made by Square Enix, AND his console of origin is the PS2. Well, not much else is needed to say this his chances are near dead.

Want: 9%
I haven't played the Kingdom Hearts series, so I have no attachment to the character. The reason I didn't give him a zero, is because I liked his playstyle in SSF2.

Toon Zelda/Tetra:
Likelihood: 30%
Chances of a Zelda newcomer aren't so great, though higher than 50%. The Toon Zelda/Tetra combination seems to be the most likely of the Zelda candidates, followed by Tingle, Ghirahim and Impa.
The reason is that Toon Zelda was planned to be in Brawl (along with 'Toon Shiek'), Tetra plays an important role in both Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, Toon Zelda is also very important to the storyline of Spirit Tracks, the only Toon Link games that Smash likes to reference and the recent Wind Waker HD on the Wii U.

Want: 100%
I'm all for more Toon representation. Tetra in particular is one of most wanted characters, though I don't care much for Toon Zelda.

Balloon Fighter prediction: 0.9%
Gangplank Galleon: 26%

Wild Gunman x 5

Also, for those curious about the font on the smashbros.com site, it's ITC Avant Garde Gothic Bold Condensed. The only problem is that the font is pricey ($29!), so I'm looking for a free alternative that is close enough.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Sora's chances: 0% - No.
Want: 0% - Kingdom Hearts is alright but there are many other third parties that are better choices in my opinion.

Toon Zelda/Tetra's chances: 10% - Small drop from my last rating. I do personally find this to be one of the frontrunners for a new Zelda character. The problem is, I doubt we're actually getting a new Zelda character.
Want: 25% - Same as before. I don't want two Zeldas, but Tetra could be interesting.

Balloon Fighter prediction: 0.34% - Like I said before, I wanted to rate him because I'm interested in his want score, but I'll be pretty surprised if he gets over 1% in chance at this point.
Gangplank Galleon prediction: 22.35% - I don't know!

Oh dear, the thing I was going for after Balloon Fighter is going up on the same day. Uh...

Let's go with Three Fire Emblem Characters x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom