• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Micaiah:
Chances:2%
Want:0%

-Bowser Jr.:
Chances:3%
Want:20%

-Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario:
Chances:1%
Want:0%

-Scrooge prediction:0%

-Nomination: Saki X5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Micaiah - 2%
There was a time where Micaiah being in Smash made a lot of sense. She would pair naturally with Ike, she would have a very unique moveset compared to the FE lords already in, she had minimal competition from recent FE games, and, more simply, she was a she. Now her time has likely passed as Awakening has stormed the scene and presumably locked up any third FE slot, plus her uniqueness was questionable anyway since Zelda already fills the spell-centric role. I can still foresee a scenario where she is picked if Sakurai wants a female FE character and think she offers more than Lucina or Lyn, but that's an awfully small chance.
Want - 75% - I rather liked her and think she be really interesting if given the chance.

Bowser Jr. - 20%
Pre-Rosalina, I would have said he was the most likely Mario character, no problem. Now that we have that fifth Mario character? I still think Junior's popular enough to potentially sneak in as a sixth Mario character, and he still feels like the most likely next Mario rep, but that's no more than maybe a 30% total chance now between all the remaining characters. Space is just too precious within the roster to believe any franchise is likely (>50% chance) to see a sixth slot.
Want - 50% - I don't really care that much, but he's the natural next choice and I wouldn't mind seeing him appear.

Bowser Jr. with Shadow Mario - 2%
Maybe for Brawl this would have made sense, but as far as I know Junior's really established himself as a worthy character without the Shadow Mario transformation in most (all?) games he's appeared in after Sunshine. Moreover, he really doesn't need the transformation (and all the extra work that comes with that) to be made a very unique character in Smash. It's plausible, but I highly doubt Sakurai would want to bother.
Want - 10% - Kinda neat I suppose, but incredibly unnecessary and would take resources away from other cool things.

Scrooge Prediction - 0.35%
I'd like to hope even this is overshooting.

...what's that, Reggie got about 0.5% even discounting the one overly high response? Maybe .35% is shooting too low...

Nominations
Shulk x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Micaiah - 2%
Bowser Jr. - 3%
Bowser Jr. w/ Transformation - 12% (why would Jr. be in without Shadow Mario when Mario has FLUDD?)

predict 0.15%

nominate Black Mage x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Micaiah:

Chance: Abstain
Want: 0%

Bowser Jr. w/o Shadow Mario

Chance: 4.5%
I do not expect him after Rosalina. I will be surprised if he gets in.

I do not like him. At all. It would give me a sick kind of satisfaction to know that neither he nor Toad got in, considering we were considered each other's biggest threats.

With Shadow Mario:

Chance: 1.5%
Transformation characters are the last thing Mario really needs, and Shadow Mario was only really in one game, so it would be silly to add him.

Meh.

Scrooge Prediction: .91%
Some people are going to rate him high. But most people are sensible enough to know that we're probably not getting a Disney character and that, if we are, it would be be Mickey.

Noms: Diskun x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Micaiah
chance 15%

The newcomers have so far been Wii themed, other than Mega Man, that's her only hope if he ignores Awakening's cast and likes her differences to her co lords. However Robin is essentially the same potential and Awakening's success is far bigger.

want 85% Interested in mages for Fire Emblem, but not my most favorite.

Bowser Jr.
chance 5% and .015%(Shadow)

I think Rosalina right about seals the deal for Mario's cast but just in case another newcomer from the series joins the fray I think it would be Paper Mario or Blue Toad.

Want 0% for both Jrs

x5 Mona

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Micaiah:

Chance: 0.5% - I don't see this happening anytime soon. Fire Emblem has a lot of competition, and I don't think she's more important than Ike.
Want: 0% - I have my needs served for magic-wielding female with Zelda.

Bowser Jr. w/o Shadow Mario:

Chance: 40% - I don't think it's too out of the ballpark for Mario to get another character, especially if the character in question has a unique gimmick. If Mario does get another character, I think it will definitely be Jr. He has a lot to work with involving the paintbrush and being a smaller version of Bowser. He could borrow a few A moves from Bowser that would be faster and weaker, and he could use the paintbrush to do all kinds of things such as making opponents slip or summoning monsters and weapons.
Want: 30% - Now that I have my most wanted Mario character (Rosalina), I am more open to the idea of Bowser Jr. He seems like he could be a fun character. He is the Mario character that I want the most now, but I'm not going to be disappointed if he doesn't make the cut.

w/ Shadow Mario:

Chance: 0% - I don't see Shadow Mario doing anything that Mario or Jr. could do on their own, so to me, this idea sounds like it would be a lot of extra work for no reason.
Want: 0% - For above reasons.

Scrooge McDuck prediction: 0% - Getting a Disney character is highly unlikely, and if we got one, it would probably be Mickey.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh wow, so many ratings today. I'll probably go lazy as a result

Micaiah
Chances - 0.5%
Her time is long gone, and Ike is nice as the representative of Tellius. With so many great Fire Emblem candidates, I really don't see why MIcaiah, one of the more forgettable and fragile lords, would gain priority over them. Lyn is more popular, Awakening lords are more popular ... heck, I'd go for Ephraim over Micaiah as well.
All things consider Radiant Dawn was good but not that iconic of a Fire Emblem game. I just don't see it.

Want - 0%
In the past, I would have enjoyed her inclusion, but now, with so many excellent Fire Emblem lords to choose from, I can't support her inclusion. If you want to give me a Fire Emblem lord that has no chance as a playable character, give me Lyn or Hector.

Bowser Jr.
Chances - 15%
Killed into oblivion by Rosalina, definitely. I find it hard to imagine more Mario reps ... I guess it could still happen though, it's just less likely than it used to be.

Want - 50%
He'd make for a relatively interesting character in terms of potential balance. A lighter bowser that could potentially carry a weapon ... that's a paintbrush ... sure, I could dig that. Not a top want since the idea doesn't scream uniqueness like other characters. I guess knowing Sakurai he could make him unique, but since I can't see that yet I'm not as enthused.

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Chances - 5%
Whhyyyyy ??????? The character has outgrown that phase of copying Mario. I mean, seriously, when has it even happened again since Sunshine? I'd be more kind to this suggestion if for some reason we got a Sunshine HD.

Want - 0%
Hey, let's take this new character, and instead of fleshing him out, make him a half-clone of Mario! Yeeaaa .... no thanks.

Prediction
Scrooge McDuck - 0.4%
Ffs people, I've been waiting for someone to outperform Cole. This HAS to be it. Seriously, you can't justify this thing being higher.

Nominations
x5 Magnus

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
On, the forums are finally back up, eh? Only down for about 9 hours this time. Getting better every time.

Micaiah:

Chance: 0.1%

Robin is a more successful version of her, Lucina is a more popular female, She was shown up by Ike in her own game, and then we also have Roy and Chrom to contend with who are far more popular overall.

Want: 2%
Robin is just a better option for a magic wielding protagonist. Plus Ike's going to most likely represent Radiant Dawn anyway.

Bowser Jr.
Chance: 9%
I don't see it happening. Now Rosalina's in the game, a sixth Mario slot seems unlikely unless DLC. If we get DLC, my money is on Doc appearing instead in a 'Melee pack' with Roy, Pichu and maybe Young Link.

Prior to Rosalina's reveal, said money would of been on Jr. due to his importance to the series and popularity which far outstripped hers, Waluigi, Paper and Doc. Toad was already dis-confirmed.

Want: 20%
The Mario newcomer is always special to me. I play other Nintendo series naturally, but often my favourite characters in those never get selected. Pokemon? My favourites are never going to get picked, and even important Pokemon I sort of like, like Meowth, has missed out to ones I really couldn't care less about like Pichu, Lucario, Jigglypuff and Charizard. Luck of the draw I guess.

I have up until now never been disappointed by any Mario related character we've received, possibly because it's cast of main characters are so rich, colourful and well designed.

Rosalina is the first disappointment. Yes, I'm sure she's unique, but could the same technique not have been achieved with either Paper Mario puppeteering a partner, or even Jr himself making paint clones?

As much as I advocate Toad, and utterly dislike Jr.(I am not a fan of what is essentially a replacement scrappy for the Koopalings, especially when the character design is as uninspired as Baby Bowser in a bib) I could of at the very least accepted Jr(begrudgingly), as I could take pleasure in kicking his bratty ass. I cannot do that with Rosalina.

Rosalina I don't like or dislike. I just feel empty blank indifference like if Birdo had been revealed as the newcomer over more popular, and important characters.

So do I want Jr?
No, not really.
I still dislike the little brat, but I'd of taken a character I hated over one I don't feel anything for in the context of a fighting game. In terms of want he's still below Waluigi, Paper and of course Toad for me, but I can at least accept he is an important Mario character that deserved a chance more than Rosalina and Luma, whilst still offering something unique from a gameplay angle with that brush gimmick.

Or he could of just been a semi clone I guess.

Jr. and Shadow Mario:
Chance: 1%
Waste of development time. Shadow Mario hasn't got a fanbase and isn't even as popular as Metal or Doctor Mario, let alone Paper.

I'll admit I was concerned about this pre-Rosalina reveal, but it'd be a pointless addition on an unlikely 6th Mario character already.

How do you make a character I already dislike more unappealing? Tack on a transformation gimmick that turns him into a dark clone version of the main character!

Scrooge McDuck: 0.5%
Any higher and I'll be disappointed in all of you.
No, really. All of you.

Nominations:
Oh, go on then. Mona X 5

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Micaiah

Want: 0% - Truthfully, I don't have much if any interest in her.

Chance: 2.5% - Frankly, there are probably some better Fire Emblem reps to choose from, but I'm not a Fire Emblem fan, so I wouldn't really know.

Bowser Jr.

Want: 90% - Bowser Jr. has become a staple in the Mario franchise, and has proven to be just as big of a threat as his own father. Seeing him in action would truly be a blessing in the Smash Bros. world.

Chance: 40% - With Rosalina being playable, one might argue that there's no hope for any more Mario reps. However, one does need to look back at Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where we got as many as "six" playable Pokemon. Of course, three of them are the Pokemon Trainer's, and thanks to the stamina system, you couldn't exactly master one without mastering the other two during the process.

Anyway, despite those issues, seeing a sixth Mario rep is not as farfetched as one would think. And Bowser Jr. has things in his arsenal to make himself very unique from the other fighters, starting with his magic brush.

The main issue working against Bowser Jr., however, is primarily the dilemma on when enough is enough with the Mario reps. Personally, any more than six Mario reps would be overkill.

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Want: 2.5% - Frankly, I don't think Bowser Jr. needs to take any pages from Zelda's handbook.

Chance: 2.5% - Bowser Jr., overall, is better off not having to rely on transformations.

Nominations

Funky Kong: x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Micaiah

Chance - 3% - I could see this happening, if Sakurai decided to go looking for a unique Fire Emblem character. However, she's not as popular as many of the other lords, her game was awhile ago and is already represented by Ike, Sakurai likely has other plans, and IS will probably want to suggest someone else. There's simply too much stacked against her.

Want - 35% - Now, tomes in Fire Emblem simply do not interest me for a move set, but I decided to give her the benefit of a doubt and do some research. Turns out, her specialty is light magic... yeah. Now, I have had to fight a couple of times to convince people that Palutena, my most wanted character, is different from Zelda. Not only would adding both feel kinda redundant, but anything Micaiah could do, Palutena could with even more to work with, and I want other Fire Emblem characters more. She's above Chrom and Lucina, but below Robin and crushed by Roy and Anna.

Browser Jr.

Chance - 10% - His last hope is getting in as a (semi-)clone. I'm not expecting all too many, but he could still have a chance. Yep, Rosalina bumped him out.

Want - 30% - Could be interesting if de-cloned latter. Still, I think we have enough characters from the Mario Universe as of now.

With Shadow Mario

Chance - 0% - If his only hope is getting in as a (semi-) clone, why would he have a transformation?

Want - 10% - Not the worst thing that could happen, but having a transformation of a unique character into a non-unique one just does not sit right with me. Something tells me if he had the transformation, it's sticking.

Scrooge McDuck Prediction - 0.09% - Why are so many people not nominating him worse than Cole? Maybe I'm just optimistic there are no troll votes, but c'mon, he's not even a true videogame character. Why did SSBF let him slide?

Nominations (Finally Free!)
Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, I almost forgot to put in my ratings today. I need to keep up my perfect attendance!

Micaiah:
Likelihood: 3%
She is unique among the Fire Emblem lords being a mage, but the competition is too fierce. And she's not really popular either.

Nope. DSN turned me away from the character a bit, and I haven't played Radiant Dawn.

Bowser Jr.:
Likelihood: 9%
Six Mario characters is not impossible given the size of the series, and with Toad out of the way, he is almost a shoo-in in the unlikely situation that the series gets another character.

Want: 75%
I used to dislike him for being a replacement scrappy of the Koopalings, but after playing NSMBWii and Galaxy, I warmed up to him significantly. My brother wants him too, which also gives me another reason to support him.

Bowser Jr with Shadow Mario:
Likelihood: 2%
Shadow Mario was a one time gimmick used by Bowser Jr in his debut, and is now pretty much forgotten. It is also a bit unnecessary, as Bowser Jr. himself has been shown using the paintbrush on several occasions.

I'd rather not see Bowser Jr get dragged down by the transformation which would give the most interesting part of his moveset aka the Magic Paintbrush to a tacked-on Mario.

Predicting 1.2% for Scrooge. Humbug! :p

6 Mario characters x 5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Micaiah - 4%

Far too much competition.

Bowser Jr. - 10%

Honestly I once thought Jr. had the best shot to get in out of all possible Mario newcomers. Rosalina's reveal did not outright disconfirm any other Mario newcomer, but it did land a huge blow on all others. I heavily doubt Mario will get 6 characters, but it's still a possibility. Even then, Bowser Jr. still has a bit of competition left, with Waluigi and possibly Paper Mario. (that is assuming Paper Mario would not be representing the Paper Mario series) At this point Jr's best chance is as a last-minute semi-clone. I'n near certain if he got in, he would just be a semi-clone and make little to no use of the paintbrush. Even then Jr. is still unlikely now that Rosalina is in.

Want - 95%

One of my most wanted newcomers, Jr. is one of my favorite Mario characters. I've always been fond of him, even as much of a brat he is. I don't always like such characters, but Jr. is different for some reason. Might be because I liked the storyline and his backround in Super Mario Sunshine, and also because I've always enjoyed his boss fights, particularly in the two Super Mario Galaxy games. I see a lot of potential in him with that paintbrush too, making people slip around on the ground, summoning objects and enemies made of paint to assist him, etc. Perhaps he could use the Clown Car as a recovery and/or in his Final Smash too. He would likely share a few moves with Bowser, such as his shell-based attacks, like his D-Smash, but at this point I can only really see him getting in as a semi-clone of Bowser with hardly any moves unique to Jr. I guess I could be satisfied with that.

Jr. with Shadow Mario - 0.4%
Jr. is already unlikely as I've said prievously, it's unlikely Shadow Mario would get paired up with him, especially at this point. Not only would there be a Bowser clone, but we'd get a Mario clone as well. Like, really? Why add two new clones in one character? You're introducing one character into Smash, decide to make him a clone, and then decide to pair him up with ANOTHER new clone? I just can't see that happening, again especially because of Rosalina's inclusion. Shadow Mario isn't even really associated with Jr. anymore. Granted, the paintbrush isn't seen very often either, but at least it's made more than two appearances, and a made a recent appearance in Dream Team, but Shadow Mario hasn't appeared since Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on the Gamecube. (aside from a sticker appearance in Brawl)

Want - 0%

Give me Bowser Jr. I don't want Shadow Mario involved with him in any way.

Scrooge McDuck Prediction - 0.14%

I'm sure he'll end up getting just a bit more credit than he truly has in term of chance, but if it's any higher than my prediction then I'll be scratching my head in confusion all day.

Nominations: Dry Bowser x5.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Micaiah
Chance: 1%
Too many FE characters that are better
Want: 0.5%

Bowser Jr.
Chance: 4%
Im so sad to put this but with Rosilina's reveal it is pretty much a deconfirm.
Want :80%
My second most wanted new comer after Paper Mario.

Bowser Jr./shadow Mario
Chance: 3%
Again with Roslina it is very unlikely now.
Want: 4%
Just Bowser Jr is all i need.

Prediction for Scrooge Mc Duck: .1%

Nominations
Pac Man x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Micaiah
Chances: 5% Ike kind of feels in for a Tellius rep and is much more popular, and while she's popular in Japan she's been overtaken by Lucina for the preferred female rep and would represent Awakening. She does have uniqueness on her side, but I don't think that's enough to win her favor.
Want: 30% Interesting moveset potential, but I don't care for the character

Bowser Jr.
Chances: 20% I don't feel Mario will get another rep, but if it does Bowser Jr. is in the best position of the group
Want: 50% Overall ambivalent.

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Chances: 5% I feel Bowser Jr. on his own has the better chance.
Want: 0% Not interested in the mechanic at all.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Micaiah: 3%
BowJr: 15%
Want: 50%
BowJr Shadow: 5%
Yarne Owain x 5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
MICAIAH

Chance: 5% - Pretty low chance considering her competition.

Want: 55% - Initially indifferent but she gets an extra 5% for that innocent smile. Lets hope that if she does get in it is the non-"tharja" version.

Now here is where I get lazy.:grin:

BOWSER JR. & BOWSER JR. w/ SHADOW MARIO

Chance & Want: 20% - Enough Mario "reps".

Scrooge Prediction: 0.4% - Not feasible by most's standards.

Nominations:
Tetris Stage x5

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I suppose I'll join this. :)

Micaiah
Chance: 5%- There's many other FE characters that would be added before her.

Want: 10%- I've never played a FE game. The 10 is because she looks cool.

Bowser Jr.
Chance: 30%- Another Mario character is pretty unlikely.

Want: 70%- He was always one of my favorite Mario newcomer options, and I'd love to see him in the game.

Bowser Jr. with Shadow Mario
Chance: 10%- Bowser Jr. is already unlikely, but having a transformation that was in one game is even more unlikely.

Want: 5%- I don't want a Mario clone attached to Bowser Jr., but I would accept it because it's Bowser Jr.

Scrooge McDuck Prediction
1.4%

Nominate Plasm Wraith x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Hey, could someone please give me three pieces of music for Micaiah? I don't know much about fire emblem, and their music is coded. That probably sounds stupid, but I could still use the help.

Groose

Smash Champion
Hey, could someone please give me three pieces of music for Micaiah? I don't know much about fire emblem, and their music is coded. That probably sounds stupid, but I could still use the help.
Ah, Fire Emblem music. I always dreaded finding it. Usually @jaytalks would save my hide there.

Scrooge McDuck Prediction - 0.09% - Why are so many people not nominating him worse than Cole? Maybe I'm just optimistic there are no troll votes, but c'mon, he's not even a true videogame character. Why did SSBF let him slide?

Nominations (Finally Free!)
a) The rule used to state only characters from manga were prohibited. I changed the rule when I chopped off Gaston, but Scrooge had so many nominations at that point that I didn't want to disappoint whoever nominated him.

b) Finally free? What does that mean?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I would start by recommending the Dawn Brigade theme. Micaiah was the leader of the Dawn Brigade so that could easily be used as her theme song. Just type in "Dawn Brigade music" on YouTube and you should find it very quickly.

I'm sorry I can't post a link, this IPhone isn't working very well for me. :(

Edit: I'd also recommend "Echoes of Daybreak" and "Road of Sorrow" since those are two songs that normally play during Micaiah's chapters. I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
a) The rule used to state only characters from manga were prohibited. I changed the rule when I chopped off Gaston, but Scrooge had so many nominations at that point that I didn't want to disappoint whoever nominated him.

b) Finally free? What does that mean?
a) *sigh* I suppose there was nothing you could do. I know SSBF tried to keep it constant with Sakurai with the rule, but, c'mon, logic should dictate we shouldn't be getting any sort of non-videogame character, at least for this installment.

b) I hated the fact that Scrooge was on the nomination list. Hated, hated, hated. I hoped that he would linger low forever, but somehow like a cancer it grew. I eventually made a promise to myself that once both Hades and Dark Matter were nominated, I would vote Scrooge to nomination just to get it over with already. Now, I can vote on stuff I actually care about!

May Scrooge's head rest on a pike, eternally warning against non-videogame characters.

Groose

Smash Champion
Mit Schatten Mario: 2%

Kannst... kannst du Deutsch sprechen? Wunderbar! Ich bin nicht allein!

Micaiah: .5%

Awakening is the big new thing. Roy and perhaps Lyn are the only potential older candidates. I think I'm being generous here, but I have to account for the more unpredictable nature of the series.

Micaiah Want: 0%
Not a huge fan of the series (right now), not a huge fan of her appearance. Oh, and when you Google her name, the first option is "Mary Sue." I'll pass.

Bowser Jr. Chance: 17.5%
The Mario series is so large and had so many candidates that a newcomer was guaranteed. Two of them? Not quite as likely. 40% that Mario gets a sixth character. Waluigi gets 12.5%, Paper Mario gets 7.5%, the Doc gets 2.5%. Sorry, Toad.
Bowser Jr. Want: 75%
I'd have preferred Toad, and I don't want too many Mario characters. Still, I'd like to see him.

Bowser Jr. with Shadow Mario Chance: 3.5%
I'd say there's a fifth of a chance that they add on Shadow Mario. He is still associated with Junior, even if Jr. has grown up beyond him.

Bowser Jr. with Shadow Mario Want: 15%
I don't want a clone, even if he is as cool as Shadow Mario. Still, Bowser Jr. getting in slightly redeems this score.

Scrooge McDuck: .06%
Cole? Banjo? I think you can sleep easy tonight.

Dr. Mario Stage x5
DAY OVER
RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Micaiah (Fire Emblem)
3.62% chance
18.98% want

Micaiah ranks among the poorest in want, but her chance is a bit higher than some of our other competitors. She slides smoothly into Rank 75.

Bowser Jr. (Super Mario)
17.88% chance (previously 56.43%)
44.55% want (previously 68.16%)

This is the third character to fall out of the top ten in the last week and a half. Previously Rank 7, Jr. has slipped all the way down to Rank 24. Rosalina not only killed his chance, but also ate away a bit of his want. You know what the bright spot of this day is? Junior's fall from grace has placed Chrom back in the top ten. Cue the imminent indignation and rerate. :troll:

Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario
3.93% chance
17.89% want

As was expected, adding on the Shadow Mario transformation took away both chance and want. Wow are things different than pre-Brawl.

Whew. Today is going to be a bit more straight-forward than yesterday. To start with, we're rating a Disney character, a.k.a. Scrooge McDuck. He is well known for his Duck Tales game, but he's not primarily a video game character all said and considered. Does he still have a chance? Please rate Scrooge McDuck in chance and want today. In addition, we're going to be rating... Bomberman. The last time we rated him, the servers went BOOM for a month in the middle of his day. Let's hope that doesn't happen again! Please rate Bomberman in chance and want.

Tomorrow we're rating... Bayonetta. Oh boy. Please predict how Bayonetta will fare in tomorrow's game. Today's noms have been won by @ Glaciacott Glaciacott . Enjoy the extra five.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
scrooge mcduck (want&chance) - 0%
(ya I posted this twice, come at me mates)

this picture says it all
Bomberman - 9.67%
this is being very generous to him, snake will most likely be in again and its most considerably that third partys will not have two characters form the same company
want - 100%
I would die a happy wolf if this happen
bayonetta - 0.99%
oh boy, this is going to be awful
nominations:
GodotX5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Scrooge Mcduck Chance: 0.5%
Scrooge Mcduck Want: 25% I rather have Cranky Kong take his vein of the cane.
Bomberman chance: 3.5%
Bomberman Want: 75% Sure why not, I really liked his playstyle in SSF2. If it takes the vein of it, I wouldn't mind.
Bayonetta Prediction: 2.7%
Nominations:
x5 Harry

D

Deleted member

I AM READY! I AM SO FREAKING READY! LET'S DO THIS!
But first, Scrooge McDuck and Bomberman have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Bomberman before, see what you gave him on his day!

I am going to start with the absolute priority first. The hero of Planet Bomber and the king of kabooms in gaming shall be rated first…
Be warned though! My post is long! I typed this up prior because my previous rating was horribly explained.

Credit to N3ON for this amazing banner for my thread!
Chance: 10%
When it comes to third party characters in Smash, Bomberman is one of the absolute best options have we have. I even argue that despite being a third party character, Bomberman is a Nintendo all-star even though Nintendo doesn’t own him.

The series started out on the NES and it was rather successful. After his breakthrough, Hudson Soft has shown that Nintendo means something to Bomberman and it shows through the numerous exclusives that are on their consoles. On the SNES, there was a series with five games called “Super Bomberman,” he had three successful games on the N64, and an exclusive on the GameCube. While he doesn’t have as many exclusives on Nintendo’s consoles as Mega Man, he still has a large amount of them. Bomberman has even went into other genres with kart racing, a sports game, and a party series and he even had an anime series. Nintendo has shown how significant Bomberman is and how he is important to them. There were several comics in the German magazine Club Nintendo where Bomberman was present. Heck, Bomberman was even in a game with veteran Wario in a game called “Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!”. Hudson Soft is even one of the most loyal third parties to Nintendo for not only their exclusives, but Hudson Soft has helped Nintendo develop the Mario Party games and some are even working for Nintendo with their first party company Nd Cube. It shows to me how important Bomberman is to Nintendo and how Nintendo is important to Bomberman.

When it comes to fulfilling the criteria by Sakurai, he meets all of them. When it comes to game balance, he could be a character that can be used in close quarters or he could be a character that takes advantage of ranged attacks. When it comes to the aesthetics, Bomberman fits in with the cartoony and colorful style of SSB4 and this alone makes him one of the easiest third party characters to implement. Bomberman is loads of unique. While Samus and Link use bombs, they don’t even come close to what Bomberman could do. He could use all sorts of other bombs to his disposal (like wind bombs, ice bombs, and light bombs) and can lay, kick, or throw bombs, thus making him a very strategic fighter. This sort of strategic gameplay helps represent what the Bomberman games are like. I should also mention that Bomberman was in a fighting game called “Dream Mix TV World Fighters,” which could provide inspiration for Bomberman in Smash Bros. When it comes to buying SSB4, people are going to buy this game to play as Bomberman. This is a video game icon that we are talking about here with a giant fanbase.

After all of this being said, I want to give him over 50%. But, I would be lying to you guys and myself by giving this rating. Unfortunately, he is now owned by Konami as Hudson Soft went under. If it weren’t for this reason alone, Bomberman would be one of the most likely characters to appear in this game. Even though Bomberman is owned by Konami, he is a Hudson Soft character at heart and I find him to be one of the most popular and important third party characters in Nintendo’s long history. Hudson Soft is currently being restructured by Konami and I bet that there is someone from Hudson Soft or even the SSB4 development team that loves Bomberman and would at least help push for his inclusion or suggest it at least. I’ve seen arguments saying that Bomberman isn’t popular anymore due to a lack of games in development, but I argue that he is still very popular. A lot of people love Bomberman and a lack of games didn’t stop Star Fox or F-Zero getting representation. Heck, Mega Man’s games are getting cancelled left and right and that didn’t stop him from getting in SSB4.

This game is about Nintendo’s long history and celebrating it. Bomberman represents a close friendship that Nintendo has with Hudson Soft and an extremely loyal third party character. Before Hudson Soft went under, a Bomberman game for the 3DS was being developed and is now unfortunately cancelled, thus driving home on the fact that Nintendo is important to Bomberman. While this doesn’t contribute to Bomberman’s chances as this is just speculation, but did anyone who played Kid Icarus: Uprising think that Hades’ Heart is a lot like Bomberman? If that boss fight was inspired by Bomberman, then I think it shows that Sakurai acknowledges Bomberman and would at least put him into consideration.

Overall, Bomberman is one of the best third party characters to appear in Smash. He has not only has deserved a spot on the roster, he’s earned it. He is a Nintendo all-star despite not being owned by Nintendo and I definitely think that he is in a league of his own. He is one of the most legendary third party characters that needs to be seen in a Smash Bros. game.
Want: 100%
Did this speech tell you anything? Yes, I really want Bomberman! But… I have to accept the fact that he isn’t very possible. While this is true, I am still going to keep the faith alive for Bomberman.

I took his support thread, which was just a lame copy and paste from his support thread from Brawl, and evolved it. Bomberman in Smash Bros. is something that desperately needs to happen. However, right now, I am not focused on him getting in Smash at the moment. Right now, I am focused on reviving an amazing hero from my childhood. I just want to see Bomberman get a new game period and if this doesn’t happen, then I will start a movement until I see some action for Bomberman.

I want to see the ultimate battle of my childhood heroes fight in Smash Bros. before I die of old age. Luigi vs. Mario vs. Sonic vs. Bomberman would something that would make my life.

Since my previous rating, Bomberman has sky-rocketed from being within my top 10 most wanted newcomers to now surpassing Little Mac as my most wanted newcomer. All of the characters that I support would elicit a great reaction from me if they got in, but they wouldn’t have the same reaction that I would have with Bomberman. I would probably scream and cry tears of joy if he got in. What Bomberman has that my most wanted newcomers don’t have is nostalgia. I love Bomberman 64 and it is what made me love the series; I don’t think that my reactions for Little Mac and the others wouldn’t be as strong as Bomberman getting in the game (and you know how much I want Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and especially Bandana Dee).

I want Bomberman to appear in Smash Bros. and this is something that he deserves. Dare I say that Bomberman deserves a spot on the roster than most of Nintendo’s first party characters? I just really hope that some action will be done with Bomberman before the end of his year or next year so that there will be hope for him in the next game. I personally don’t care if Bomberman sucks or not, I will main him in an instant.

So yes… I really, really want Bomberman. I love the little guy and I want to see him succeed. He is one of my favorite video game characters and seeing him would just be an absolute delight. I would cry, beg, and plea to Sakurai just to get him in this game or the next one at the very least…

Done!

Scrooge McDuck
Chance:
0%

Let's be honest here. There is no chance in hell this guy is getting in. And why should he? Because of DuckTales on the NES? He is a Disney character and I argue that if Sakurai wanted to add a Disney character, he would get Mickey Mouse, not this guy. If you want your Scrooge McDuck in Smash fantasies become real, then hope that Cranky Kong somehow beats King K. Rool for the 4th slot if Dixie Kong gets in before him…
No.
EDIT: Tomorrow, I will check his score in both chance and want because I am extremely curious how it would look by tomorrow.

Bayonetta Prediction: .84%
Some people will come in and give her 1%…

Now… it is time. I've been putting time in purple lately. Were you expecting Waluigi Time? Well, TOO BAD!
Nominations: NOW IT'S REYN TIME! AKA Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles) 5x
My favorite character in Xenoblade. I bet that he will do poorly, but I still wanna rate him.

Last edited by a moderator:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
I MISSED ANOTHER DAY GOD DAMMIT ME.

Anyway...
Scrooge McDuck(letts)
Chance: 0%
He first appeared in a cartoon and he's owned by Disney.
I think I've said enough.
Want: 15%
Scrooge is my favorite Disney character, and was the inspiration for my username back in 2011 when I joined Steam. Also, DuckTales is an awesome show, AND an awesome game! Though, at the same time, seeing a Disney character in Smash would make me feel...uneasy, to say the least (sora supporters everywhere someone help me).

HERE COMES THE BOMBERMAN
Chance: 10%
Oh, Bomberman, you underutilized little scamp, you. Bomberman's chances are pretty low, but for a third party character I think it's excusable. Bomberman and Hudson had a real tight relationship back in the day. It's the same reason why I think B-K should have been in Melee. But now that they've been bought by Konami, and Snake being in Brawl, his chances were obliterated. Unless Konami wants Snake out and Sakurai decides the game wouldn't be the same without a Konami rep and decides that Bomberman would be a good choice, which by itself is a very niche situation, then Bomberman just doesn't stand much of a chance. Maybe if requests for him increase after Smash 4, he might have a larger chance in Smash 5, but Smash 4 hasn't come out yet so it may be too early to judge.
Want: 87%
Heck yeah, Bomberman! I've actually only played 1 Bomberman game (Blitz), but even then I still love the guy.

Bayonetta prediction: 0.37%

Nominations: PT Pokemon (no trainer) X5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Scrooge McDuck - 0.4

IIRC, Sakurai did not say characters must originate from a video game, he said characters have to have appeared on a Nintendo console to be eligible for Smash. I remember this being brought up in Scrooge's thread a while back, but I'll have to check it again. I'll edit this later for clarification. However, Scrooge, while having had a game which was very, very well recieved, is still not a gaming icon ala Mario, Sonic, Snake and Pac-man. I'd say he is not anywhere near their levels of fame in the gaming industry. It has been stated third party characters must be "legendary" to be able to get in.

Let's not forget he is a Disney character. Disney. He wouldn't be easy to get at all, and I doubt Sakurai would consider him for this reason as well as the fact that Ducktales is nowhere near as famous as the huge franchises of Mario, Sonic, Snake and Pac-man. Scrooge may be eligible, but that's it. If Scrooge got in Smash, my mind would probably shut itself down for a day or two.

Want - 75%

I haven't played Ducktales, but Scrooge is one of my favorite Disney characters. I especially love the Disney's own Christmas Carol. And I know enough about the Ducktales game for me to want Scrooge even more.

Bomberman - 5%

Snake will most likely return, and since Bomberman is neither as famous as him, as well as the fact that they are both Konami characters, Bomberman's chance is very slim.

Want - 55%

I haven't played any Bomerman games so I'm mostly indifferent to his inclusion. I'd certainly be happy for his fans, but I would only truly be happy with Bomberman if Snake returned as well, though I would accept his inclusion in any case. His moveset in SSF2 raised my want for him as wel.

Bayonetta Prediction - 1.32

(i'd have the font smaller, but I wanted to keep the color and make it easier to read)

I have a feeling she'll get more credit than I believe she has, but in the end she likely won't do very well.

x5 Dry Bowser.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Well I for one am happy Chrom's back in the top 10.

Scrooge Mcduck
Chance: 0% - Like I said, we're having duck soup today. I even found a recipe for sweet potato and duck chowder. First we heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan. Next we add duck meat and sauté for two minutes then flip over and sauté for 3 minutes, then set aside.
Next we heat remaining oil in a soup pot. Add the ground duck sausage and cook for 1 minute. Add Shallots and continue sautéing for 2 minutes. Add garlic, celery and sweet potatoes, apples and chicken stock. Bring to boil. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are barely tender.
Add cranberries, cream, milk, and flour to soup and stir until it reaches a smooth consistency. Cook until the soup begins to thicken. Add the cooked duck meat and chives. Season to taste.

Credit for this recipe goes to mapleleaffarms.com

If you're wondering what this has to do with Scrooges chances, consider the cooked duck in the recipe to be a metaphor.

Want: 0% - No

Bomberman
Chance: 3% - He's a popular third party who is largely associated with Nintendo consoles. Unfortunately Konami has been distant from Nintendo. If they do give a character, it will most likely be Snake.

Want: 42% - There would be some nostalgia for me, but I'm not a big fan.

Bayonetta prediction: 1.66%

Nominations: Dr. Mario stage x5

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Scrooge McDuck
Chance: .1%- Very, very unlikely. It's almost impossible.
Want: 25%- He's pretty cool and could be sort of like Cranky Kong.

Bomberman
Chance: 10%- He's third party, and he has Snake to deal with.
Want: 45%- Not a big fan of his games, but I like his design and powers.

Bayonetta Prediction
1.4%

Nominations
Plasm Wraith x5

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Scrooge McDuck- NO.
The Facts-NO. NO.
-Scrooge is a character with no hell of a chance.
The Issues
-He's from Disney. Remember Marvel's new issues? Guess why? DISNEY.
When Comparing these together...
-I need NO EXPLANATION.
Overall Rating: 00.00%
Want: 00.00%

Bomberman
Gonna mooch off of @Brawler610 . He sums up my thoughts exactly. I think Bomberman has a shot, but he beat me to it. 8%
Want: 60%- I like his design a ton.

BayoNO.
.4%- Seriously? She's less likely than she looks. Foot-Guns aren't everything!

Who gets my Nominations Today?
Brawler610, with Reyn X5!

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
does chandelure spear works for you?
View attachment 6708
Through no fault of your own, that will not suffice. After enough thought, just sticking his head on a piece of wood is not enough. Dante needs to get back to work to adequately get my rage properly across...

Scrooge McDuck

Chance - 0% - Flying pigs will be eating blue-moon cheese in a frozen hell before he will even have a chance of being though of being considered on the roster.

Want - Negative infin- What do you mean that's not a valid number?! Fine, 0% - *(&*()^& *)_ ing &$_&% aquarium $_#@*(&!(& *$%_& elephantine $(Y^%*(*(&&^*$)& *%^%ed 8(&*(& no good _(*(^&^)#@_%%%$ ARGH! Why?! Mere words are not enough to explain how horrible of an idea this is. Just... just take him out of my sight, please. He makes Sandbag look reasonable.

Bomberman

Chance - 2% - Yeah, same as before. Outside pressure may force someone's hand, but for the most part Snake's got him covered. I wouldn't hold my breath anytime soon.

Want - 50% - Indifferent and uncaring. Don't have much of an opinion one way or another.

Bayonetta Prediction - 0.95% - Around Travis Touchdown's chances seems the most fitting.

Nominations

Louie G.

Smash Hero
FINALLY! OH WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!
Move over Cranky, its...
SCROOGE MCDUCK:

Chance: 0%
No way in hell this is happening.

Want: 100%
I sure wish it was though. Scrooge would be amazing with his cane hopping, cane golfing, diving board, and money money money. This would make me a very happy person. You guys are all party poopers. Deep inside you know that Scrooge McDuck in Smash is all you have ever wanted and all that you will ever need.

BOMBERMAN:

Chance: 7.5%
Maybe. Although Snake is the big barrier here.

Want: 90%
It'd be cool I suppose. I like Bomberman and an all bomb moveset would be interesting to say the least.

Bayonetta Prediction: 3.5%
inb4 someone thinks that she's likely because Bayonetta 2.

Noms: Mona x5

Last edited:

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Damn, how did I skip a day? Should have been more attentive.

Scrooge McDuck - 0 in chance and want. I just don't care and there's no possible way for him to be in this anyway.

Bomberman: Chance 2.5% - I would probably give him 20, but Pacman.

Want 60% - To be honest, I'm not really familiar with his games, but I'm sure he could be interesting with dem bombs.

Panther x 5.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Scrooge
chance 0% It's Mickey as the Disney character and even he's unlikely.
want 85% I like him.

Bomberman
chance 0% If Hudson wasn't merged with Konami then maybe.
want 0% I already have my own bombermen with a bob-omb item only at high setting :troll:.

x5 Isa Jo

predict 2%

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why all the zeros in want, seriously?
Tell me with a straight face that Scrooge would not make the next Smash like a kazillion times better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom