• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Changed my rating by .01%. Won't really matter much :chuckle:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Hades? .... Again? So soon? This was unexpected. It seemed like only yesterday we were worshiping His Magnificence.

I must say, though, your entrance for the day was rather abrupt. Where's the pump, the power, the pizzazz? At least grace us with the honor of hearing you theme.

So, wait, we have to do Reggie?

Chance - 0% - Not happening.

Want - 0% - I was considering being jokingly supportive, but I'll be blunt: this is stupid.

Michaiah Prediction - 2.5% - Same as before, same reasoning.

Nominations
Honoring Hades again, with Dark Pit X5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Reggie Fils-Aime
Likelihood: 5%
Sure the petition may be a joke, but... Reggie did state that he's okay with being put in the game.

Want: 55%
I kind of want to see how something like this would turn out.

Nominations:
Slippy Toad x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Reggie Fils-Aime
Likelihood: 5%
Sure the petition may be a joke, but... Reggie did state that he's okay with being put in the game.

Want: 55%
I kind of want to see how something like this would turn out.

Nominations:
Slippy Toad x5
...5%? Seriously? You do realize that that's a 1/20 chance, right?

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Oh Hades I know why you skipped over Micaiah, you're clearly allergic to the light and all those associated with light magic. :troll:

Reggie
chance 3% Only if Mii becomes playable and it allows for customization, other than that I doubt a Reggie locked character.
Want 0%

Tiny Kong x5

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535

Chance/Want: 0%
All he did was proclaim that his body was ready during E3.
And THAT'S enough to warrant a space In Smash Bros.?!
Memes are stupid, I tell ya.

Micaiah prediction: 2.41%
Oh look, another Fire Emblem character...
RTC is stupid, I tell ya.

Nomination: Bomberman X5 (I feel like helping a bro out)

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Surprisingly serious rating time!

Reggie - 0%

Let's assume Nintendo employees are even on the table for Smash. Reggie may have become a rather infamous meme, and even have a fan petition asking for his inclusion, but would Nintendo really add him on those grounds? That immediately pegs him as a joke character, and I just can't imagine Nintendo immortalizing one of their executives as a laughing stock. It just seems so counter to Nintendo's values, regardless of if they enjoy poking fun at him and others on occasion. Even worse is the simple problem that Reggie just isn't important enough within the company to stand out as the pick should Sakurai pursue such a bizarre route as a playable Nintendo employee.

Who could pull it off, if anyone? Shigeru Miyamoto, of course. He's the man who made Mario, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, and even Pikmin. Nintendo is what it is today because of his genius, and he is perhaps the most famous person in video game history. If there's anyone who would be worth the effort to properly implement within Smash Bros., it's him. I'm not about to say he's likely by any stretch, but in the bizarre world where this actually happens, the honor's gotta go to Miyamoto, not Reggie.

Want - 10% - It would be hilarious for a little while, but I'm pretty sure it would get old fast and we'd just be left wondering why Nintendo wasted their time on this.

Micaiah Prediction - Still 1.5%
Hades taking over (again) shouldn't change how this rating goes whenever we get back on schedule.

Nominations
Shulk x5 (if Isaac's only worth ~34% now, no way Shulk deserves nearly 50%)

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Reggii
Chance: 100%
WANT: 100%

GUISE! HE'S GOT TO B E IN DA GAYME! HE IS BEST VIDEOGAYME OUT DER! SOCCER-EYE HAS GOT 2 DO IYT! PETITION WILL WO-

Wait, no. Hades, you cannot corrupt my mind. I am pure of heart, and no evil rests within my soul. I am a Japanese Ninja, and serve only the Daiymo. I follow the Bushido, and I would rather commit Seppuku before listening to your devilish tongue.

Chance: -100% (Thats a 0 for statistical purposes)
Want: Never. Nope. Nuh-uh

Micaiah: 3.2%

Nominations:
Shulk x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I like a good joke as much as the next guy, but I really don't appreciate getting bumped like this. I worked hard to get Micaiah a day. I can't control what the other people nominate, so I'm sorry if there is FE fatigue because everyone else wanted to rerate characters we already rated. But whatever.
Reggie:
Chances: 0%
Want: 100%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
A SUDDEN SWITCH?!? Hades has replaced Groose, eh? I missed it the first time so this should be interesting...

Reggie, eh?

My body really wasn't ready for this. Luckily my brain is, and I want to open with this...

So this is Mudkip:

Back during pre-Brawl days, this little ****** was the Nintendo internet meme of the moment. He was everywhere.

Everyone spammed "So i herd u liek mudkips?"(now "So i herd u liek mudkipz?") and thought they were the funniest asshole on the planet because they were repeating a meme, which according to 90% of the internet is the funniest thing in the world. Of course 75% of all statistics are made up.

Blackadder, Monty Python, Only Fools and Horses, Red Dwarf, The Office...mere drops of humour in the sea of mirth according to the internet. Memes are the gifts that keep on giving endless joy to idiots who enjoy repetition and out of context randomness. Hence why Youtube Poop was so insanely popular at one point.

Now, ******** about the BS that passes for humour on the internet aside, Mudkip was at the peak of his 'popularity' in the mid 2000s, about the same time Brawl was being planned.

Note the strange lack of Mudkip in the final product of Brawl. Heck, we didn't get a 3rd Generation Pokemon and we even got a different water starter in the form of Squirtle. A character that got in on actual popularity and not internet lolz.
Why, he's not even a Pokeball Pokemon, a position that was taken by the more popular Piplup.

I mean actual popularity there, not memetic popularity. Otherwise it'd be Mudkip, Slowpoke and Seaking; three perfectly fine water Pokemon that have been victims of meme.
Although at least it got people talking about Seaking finally.

Reggie Fils Aime is the latest poor sod to be on the receiving end of the internets twisted sense of humour.

I doubt he enjoyed that stupid Video Game Awards show where he was trying to do his job discussing the latest Donkey Kong game and all anyone wanted to do was spam him with questions about his meme like status.

But that's not enough now there's a goddamn petition to get him into a video game where you can punch him in the face. Yeah, I bet he ****ing loves that so many people want to see him get the **** kicked out of him, even if it is a byproduct of their love for his one "My Body is Ready" line, which he probably gets repeated to him ad nauseam.

I bet he wakes up screaming some nights.

Chance: 0.01%
If there's any justice in this world, Reggie won't be included. Idiots should not dictate the product. This is why Sonic Heroes ended up being such a hot mess allegedly. They listened to what a bat**** insane fanbase wanted. Sakurai, if he has any sense at all, will keep Reggie out of his game.

Like Mudkip, Reggie's popularity ISN'T legit popularity. I'm sure Reggie's a great guy and one of the most charismatic people working for Nintendo, but no one would care enough to try and get him in Smash if he hadn't whispered that one line.
In a few years when the next "Arrow to the Knee" esque huge meme replaces Reggie, no one is going to give a **** about him being in Smash, and intelligence will be hopefully restored...albeit briefly until the next hilarious slip up happens with someone else saying something slightly silly.

There's a decent chance he WILL be added, but in the same way everyone on the planet will be added; as a Mii option. Which is all he should be.

Want: 0%
**** off Internet. Just **** off.

This meme is already wearing thin in case you couldn't tell from my rant and honestly it wasn't even that good of a meme from the beginning considering it's only America that really knows Reggie to begin with.

Put him in as a Mii, by all means. Make him, Sakurai, Miyamoto and Iwata the default Miis if you like, I don't mind this...but not as a character in and of himself. Not even as Reggie trainer.

Nominations:
Dr. Mario Stage X 5
(why not?)

D

Deleted member

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's get this over with.
Chance: 0%
Want:1%

Nominating this concept: Chrom as a Stance character x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I've already rated, and will continue to nom pokémon ATs, but I want to start a character nomination purely in the interest of comparison.

Hero of Light *1
A character based around the final fantasy/bravely default job system. What classed would be represented is questionable but a character being able to switch.between say Knight, White Mage, Black Mage, Monk and Thief... Much like pokémon trainer the exact job classes don't decide the character, or how they switch for that matter (personally.I think a menu.with FF styping would be classiest).

Obviously, I support Slime, but I want to see how a similarly 'unique' FF character could do, and will start nominating him In full after pokémon AT.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
A SUDDEN SWITCH?!? Hades has replaced Groose, eh? I missed it the first time so this should be interesting...

Reggie, eh?

My body really wasn't ready for this. Luckily my brain is, and I want to open with this...

So this is Mudkip:

Back during pre-Brawl days, this little ****er was the Nintendo internet meme of the moment. He was everywhere.

Everyone spammed "So i herd u liek mudkips?"(now "So i herd u liek mudkipz?") and thought they were the funniest ******* on the planet because they were repeating a meme, which according to 90% of the internet is the funniest thing in the world. Of course 75% of all statistics are made up.

Blackadder, Monty Python, Only Fools and Horses, Red Dwarf, The Office...mere drops of humour in the sea of mirth according to the internet. Memes are the gifts that keep on giving endless joy to idiots who enjoy repetition and out of context randomness. Hence why Youtube Poop was so insanely popular at one point.

Now, *****ing about the BS that passes for humour on the internet aside, Mudkip was at the peak of his 'popularity' in the mid 2000s, about the same time Brawl was being planned.

Note the strange lack of Mudkip in the final product of Brawl. Heck, we didn't get a 3rd Generation Pokemon and we even got a different water starter in the form of Squirtle. A character that got in on actual popularity and not internet lolz.
Why, he's not even a Pokeball Pokemon, a position that was taken by the more popular Piplup.

I mean actual popularity there, not memetic popularity. Otherwise it'd be Mudkip, Slowpoke and Seaking; three perfectly fine water Pokemon that have been victims of meme.
Although at least it got people talking about Seaking finally.

Reggie Fils Aime is the latest poor sod to be on the receiving end of the internets twisted sense of humour.

I doubt he enjoyed that stupid Video Game Awards show where he was trying to do his job discussing the latest Donkey Kong game and all anyone wanted to do was spam him with questions about his meme like status.

But that's not enough now there's a goddamn petition to get him into a video game where you can punch him in the face. Yeah, I bet he ****ing loves that so many people want to see him get the **** kicked out of him, even if it is a byproduct of their love for his one "My Body is Ready" line, which he probably gets repeated to him ad nauseam.

I bet he wakes up screaming some nights.

Chance: 0.01%
If there's any justice in this world, Reggie won't be included. Idiots should not dictate the product. This is why Sonic Heroes ended up being such a hot mess allegedly. They listened to what a bat**** insane fanbase wanted. Sakurai, if he has any sense at all, will keep Reggie out of his game.

Like Mudkip, Reggie's popularity ISN'T legit popularity. I'm sure Reggie's a great guy and one of the most charismatic people working for Nintendo, but no one would care enough to try and get him in Smash if he hadn't whispered that one line.
In a few years when the next "Arrow to the Knee" esque huge meme replaces Reggie, no one is going to give a **** about him being in Smash, and intelligence will be hopefully restored...albeit briefly until the next hilarious slip up happens with someone else saying something slightly silly.

There's a decent chance he WILL be added, but in the same way everyone on the planet will be added; as a Mii option. Which is all he should be.

Want: 0%
**** off Internet. Just **** off.

This meme is already wearing thin in case you couldn't tell from my rant and honestly it wasn't even that good of a meme from the beginning considering it's only America that really knows Reggie to begin with.

Put him in as a Mii, by all means. Make him, Sakurai, Miyamoto and Iwata the default Miis if you like, I don't mind this...but not as a character in and of himself. Not even as Reggie trainer.

Nominations:
Dr. Mario Stage X 5
(why not?)

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, I used a calculator to see what Reggie's current score in chance and want are; I added them all up and divided by the number of people (28). BTW, I rounded up any decimal to the nearest hundredth (1.212121 was put in the calculator as 1.21), negatives were counted as zeroes, and Cheezy's score was calculated in as 0% chance and 5% want ("opposite day").

Reggie currently has .458571% Chance (or .46% chance) and 11.7018% Want (or 11.70% want). So far, Reggie has higher chances than Chancellor Cole and Banjo. Luckily for those two, Groose won't end the day until tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Out of curiosity, I used a calculator to see what Reggie's current score in chance and want are; I added them all up and divided by the number of people (28). BTW, I rounded up any decimal to the nearest hundredth (1.212121 was put in the calculator as 1.21), negatives were counted as zeroes, and Cheezy's score was calculated in as 0% chance and 5% want ("opposite day").

Reggie currently has .458571% Chance (or .46% chance) and 11.7018% Want (or 11.70% want). So far, Reggie has higher chances than Chancellor Cole and Banjo. Luckily for those two, Groose won't end the day until tomorrow.
Chances will likely go down and Want will likely go up.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Reginald Fils-Aime: Goddamit Hades. I would of done something if I knew about this. 1%
Want: 100% because I find people freaking out funny.

Yarne Owain x 5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
REGGIE:

Chance: 2.5%
Let me be frank here: It is not completely impossible. The fact that Reggie has mentioned the petition countless times sure helps.

Want: 10%
Alright, now I know how I would feel about it. It would get old extremely fast.

Noms: Mr. Resetti x5
I don't really know what to vote for anymore.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
20% Chance
The international drug trade is at an all time high.
100% Want
My Body Will Be Ready

(Screw %s I changed everything)

Nominating Bombermanx5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Reggie

Is a real person. From Nintendo of America, which means he's mostly nothing to Japanese and European gamers. Who has never been in a game. Even if they were going to put a real person in, it wouldn't be Reggie.

Reggie chance: 0%
The only way Reggie is getting in is if you make a Reggie Mii and Miis are playable.

Reggie want: 0%
Save slots for video game characters. Not really that into that meme, which stopped being funny a while ago.

Nominations:
5x Toad

Oh, why hello there. I'm Naoto Shirogane, and aparantly I've been called to rate on Reggie Fils-Aime, rate my want on this man, and Nominate some other characters. Despite being a strange activity to my standards, I find it enjoyable on occasion.
Am I the only one who finds this color difficult to read and a strain on the eyes?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Reggie Prediction- 40%
Nintendo doesn't stop making Reggie jokes nowadays. Every last direct there is at least one Reggie joke. Reggie Mii in last direct. In October there was that elevator thing.
I would not be suprised if this happened.

Reggie Want- 99.9999%
His body is ready.
Nuff' said.

Michaiah prediction- 15%
Meh. Not relevant.
Have Robin is a white haired mage instead.

Fawful X5!!!!!!!!!
If he is already done, revisit him.
And make sure to state to vote him as a character, and don't automatically say no because of Rosalina.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Reggie - 0% on both counts. He's a one-note joke character with appeal to only a tiny faction of Internet nerds who spam petitions in attempts to be edgy. No thank you.

Micaiah Prediction - 12.5%
The Awakening characters plus Roy have her hideously outmatched.

Nominate The Gangplank Galleon as a stage x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom