• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yeah, I agree they have the "weird factor". However, the point I was driving at is if Sakurai and his team were able to make unique and fun move sets for WFT and the Villager, I'm willing to bet they could make Little Mac a little more than a bland, boring boxer.
But like I said, I think they have the opposite problems. Once you accept the notion that you can attack with things that aren't really attacks, it's actually quite easy to come up with move sets for those characters. The problem with the Villager would be more narrowing it down than coming up with enough moves, considering all the little items and things in the game.
Plus, I was calling out those who knock on Mac's likeliness due to his potentially bland Moveset.
I don't think any of them get as bland as Marth. He has a rising sword swipe, a stab, a sword attack combo and a counter move. And yet he's still in.

If Little Mac can't beat that, then I think he's in trouble. But he should be able to be at least as interesting as Marth, if not more.

And like I said, that doesn't mean that his moves can't be varied in effect or fun to use. But they'd still all be variations on punches (even a counter punch is still a punch). I'm skeptical of him getting any moves like stance changes or the ability to heal. A stance change would practically double the amount of work they'd have to do, and they haven't given any characters healing except through items (including final smashes) or absorbing a subset of attacks (Ness/Lucas). The star thing could be incorporated though.

But like I said, I don't think all his moves basically being punches is that big of a problem.

Groose

Smash Champion
Little Mac's chances: 70%.
Mac is one of the more likely competitors. I don't see the "leak" as definitive proof, but it certainly doesn't hurt his chances. Likewise with the boxing ring and the Wiimake they help, but not to the extent many believe. One thing that does certainly hurt his chances is the fact that he's more popular in the West. Still, Sakurai does have him in his mind---see the assist trophy.

Little Mac Want: 75%
I love Mac, and I love Punch-Out. If he were done right, he'd make an interesting, ultra-defensive character. However, it would be difficult to do him justice and he could also become a very bland character.

Bowser Jr.'s Predicion: 28%
Here people will say he is rivals with Toad for a roster spot that may not exist. On Gamefaqs, however... I sense that it will once again be WALUIGI TIME!

Tingle x5

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Little Mac chances: 87% I honestly think this is one the last relevant Nintendo all stars left along with a few others. Plus the evidence as noted by others is very logical and Japanese players have the knowledge of Little Mac's Western popularity (see Chronobound's thread on Japanese popularity)
Little Mac want: 100% My most wanted character by far! I loved Punch-Out!! my entire life and would be excited to see him join the fight!
Bowser Jr.: 50% While he used to be my most wanted character back in the Pre-Brawl days I kinda doubt his appearance due to his minor character stance in the Mario series.

Also to put aside Little Mac's blandness argument, here are some possible fun and unique moves and ideas:
-The Bicycle
-The Star Punch (From both the Wii and NES Punch-Out!!)
-His Multiple Punch move from Super Punch-Out!!
-The KO Countdown
-His "Counter" attacks (Not really counter, more like punch before the attack lands or dodge and punch)
-Doc Louis "codecs" on the boxing stage
-His victory and training actions in each Punch-Out!! game
-His Health Recovery in the Wii version
-His Block
-Giga Mac
-His Amazing Music Selection!

Sorry, I fanboyed while making this reply :p

Nominations: Starfy x5

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But like I said, I think they have the opposite problems. Once you accept the notion that you can attack with things that aren't really attacks, it's actually quite easy to come up with move sets for those characters. The problem with the Villager would be more narrowing it down than coming up with enough moves, considering all the little items and things in the game.
I don't think any of them get as bland as Marth. He has a rising sword swipe, a stab, a sword attack combo and a counter move. And yet he's still in.

If Little Mac can't beat that, then I think he's in trouble. But he should be able to be at least as interesting as Marth, if not more.

And like I said, that doesn't mean that his moves can't be varied in effect or fun to use. But they'd still all be variations on punches (even a counter punch is still a punch). I'm skeptical of him getting any moves like stance changes or the ability to heal. A stance change would practically double the amount of work they'd have to do, and they haven't given any characters healing except through items (including final smashes) or absorbing a subset of attacks (Ness/Lucas). The star thing could be incorporated though.

But like I said, I don't think all his moves basically being punches is that big of a problem.
And that's the point I'm trying to make. Discounting Little Mac due to possibly having a bland move set is ridiculous, unfounded, and a poor argument. I haven't seen it come out yet but it's come out many times before.

Yes, most likely Little Mac will be focused on punches derived from boxing but I wouldn't call those bland if his play style is interesting. Marth might have fairly unimaginative/bland moves but he is still fun to play as IMO. My problem are those who use the bland moves argument against Little Mac and can't seem to look past that narrow mindset.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Kinda late, but whatever.

Little Mac: 87% ~
It's not about the leak, it's about the Boxing stage that looks very similar to the WVBA circuit.
Also he was the most likely AT that could turn into a playable character.
He would be in his last Punch-Out Wii incarnation.

Moveset isn't a problem, he would be our Balrog/Dudley.

Want: 100% ~
Punch-Out is very popular and deserves a playable character.

Boozer Jr. Prediction - 42,68%

Still with the same nominations:
Lucas x2
Jigglypuff x2
Ike

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Little Mac
Chance: 99% - This is not because of the leak (Which I don't believe in). Punch-Out is the most popular Nintendo franchise that doesn't have a character playable in Smash. Little Mac has great potential as a playable character and he seems to already have a stage.
Want: 74%

Bowser Jr prediction: 53%

Nominations: Chrom x5.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Little Mac: 99%
Reasoning
Box arena stage seems to be Piunhc Out
Most popluar chacracter for new series
Punch Out bigest non represented series

Want: !00%

Nominations:
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Little Mac 100%

Want: 20%

Junior 43%

Tharja x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Little Mac

Chance: 65% - As with Pac-Man, that factors the leak which I'm not fully convinced with yet. Also I really think the boxing ring stage is just a smash original stage with a few coincidental likenesses.

Want: 30% - Despite Punch Out for the NES being my first ever game with an actual protagonist (Tetris was my first game ever), I'm just not thrilled with character. Although I suppose he could have a counter/punisher playstyle, and I think the idea of Doc Louis screaming from the background is kinda cool.

Bowser Jr. Prediction: 38% - Like Krystal, his popularity has dropped since Brawl.

Nominations:
Snake x2
Sonic x2
Geno

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Little Mac
Chance: 90%. I think he's practically guaranteed. That stage..
Want: 30%. I'm not exactly interested in him.

Bowser jr. Prediction: 32.6%. I think we all acknowledge that he has a good chance.

Nominations:
Toon Zelda/Tetra x3
Waluigi x2

D

Deleted member

Little Mac ~ 100%
Well there is that leak which I'm confident will turn out to be true, but even then, he's among the Top 10 most wanted character and he's one of the bigger franchise left without a playable character. I also think that the concept of a punching-only character will stick out to Sakurai.

Want ~ 70%
Ask me two months ago and I would have said I was disinterested, but considering what Sakurai has managed to do with Wii Fit Trainer, having a character who can only punch could make for a really interesting move set. Still prefer Isaac and Ray for my misc. series choice, but I'll gladly welcome his inclusion.

Predicting that Bowser Jr. gets a 42.16%. There is increasing pessimism for a Mario rep.

x5 Mii.

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac:
Likelihood: 90% - Stage; unrepresented series; popular; unique
Want: 80%

Bowser jr. Prediction: 47,5%

Nominations:
Ike x 5

D

Deleted member

The day has ended and I am in the process of updating...

D

Deleted member

No time for flavor now
Little Mac has received a score of 82.48% overall with 83.59% on Smashboards and 80.02% on GameFAQs. As for want, he gets a 72.08% overall with 73.22% and 69.33% on GameFAQs.

Day 13 begins! Today, you will be rating Bowser Jr.'s likelihood and how much you want Bowser Jr. along with predicting Paper Mario's score for tomorrow. You also have five nominations at your disposal today. The day will end sometimes in the evening of July 10th, 2013.

Opossum from Smashboards and Squirrelgate from GameFAQs has won the prediction! Opossum earns five nominations whereas Squirrelgateearns four. Fastblade5035 still has his extra nominations.

New thread is in here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66681859

And because I feel as some people may not check the OP every day, nominations lists are going to be posted below every day for convenience:
Veterans:
x74 Roy (Fire Emblem)
x66 Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
x66 Jigglypuff (Pokémon)
x64 Lucario (Pokémon)
x56 Ike (Fire Emblem)
x50 Lucas (Mother/Earthbound)
x35 Pokémon Trainer (Pokémon)
x35 R.O.B. (Stack-Up/Gyromite)
x28 Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
x21 Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
x9 Snake (Metal Gear)
x3 Marth (Fire Emblem)
x2 Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
x1 Olimar (Pikmin)

Newcomers:
x82 Lyn (Fire Emblem)
x81 Lucina (Fire Emblem)
x80 Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
x78 Takamaru (Nazo No Murasame Jo)
x78 Owain (Fire Emblem)
x76 Mii (Mii)
x71 Chrom (Fire Emblem)
x60 Lloyd Irving (Tales)
x56 Bandanna/Waddle Dee (Kirby)
x56 Robin (Fire Emblem)
x54 Tingle (The Legend of Zelda)
x51 Sandbag (Super Smash Bros.)
x46 Toad (Super Mario Bros.)
x45 Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
x44 Tharja (Fire Emblem)
x43 Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
x36 Toon Zelda/Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
x34 Scrooge McDuck (Ducktales)
x34 Rosalina (Super Mario Bros.)
x33 Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda)
x33 Waluigi (Super Mario Bros.)
x29 Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
x28 Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
x26 Batallion Wars Rifle Grunts (Batallion Wars)
x25 Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
x25 Geno (Super Mario Bros.)
x23 Masked Man (Mother/Earthbound)
x22 Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)
x20 Rayman (Rayman)
x19 Lip (Panel De Pon)
x18 Daisy (Super Mario Bros.)
x17 Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
x17 King Boo (Super Mario Bros.)
x16 Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
x16 Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
x15 Micaiah (Fire Emblem)
x15 Petey Piranha (Super Mario Bros)
x10 Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
x10 Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment)
x10 Vaati (The Legend of Zelda)
x10 Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
x10 Genesect (Pokémon)
x9 Wreck-It Ralph! (Wreck-It Ralph!)
x9 Kamek (Yoshi)
x9 Mike Jones (Startropics)
x8 Samurai Goroh (F-zero)
x8 N (Pokémon)
x8 Eevee (Pokémon)
x8 Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
x8 Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
x7 Dillon (The Rolling Western)
x7 Imajin (Yumi Komo: Doki Doki Panic)
x7 Dark Samus (Metroid)
x7 Ray (Custom Robo)
x7 Ashley (WarioWare)
x6 Groose (The Legend of Zelda)
x6 Medusa (Kid Icarus)
x6 Zoroark (Pokémon)
x6 Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
x6 Wonder-Eyes (Wonderful 101)
x5 Shantae (Shantae)
x5 Big Boss (Metal Gear)
x5 Kumatora (Mother/Earthbound)
x5 Hades (Kid Icarus)
x5 Hector (Fire Emblem)
x5 Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
x5 Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
x5 Matthew (Golden Sun)
x5 Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
x3 Zip (FlingSmash)
x3 Prince Sable (For the Frog the Bell Tolls)
x3 Bomberman (Bomberman)
x2 Andy (Wars series)
x2 Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
x2 Rundas (Metroid)
x2 King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)
x2 Anna (Fire Emblem)
x2 9-Volt (WarioWare)
x1 Vaati (The Legend of Zelda)
x1 Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
x1 Tabuu (Super Smash Bros.)
x1 Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
x1 Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
x1 Little Joe (Punch-Out!!)
x1 K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
x1 Majora's Mask Link (The Legend of Zelda)
x1 Jimmy T. (WarioWare)
x1 Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
x1 Toon Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
x1 Terra Bradford (Final Fantasy)
x1 Jin Kazame (Tekken)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Junior: 37%

Want: 88%

Paper Mario: 29%

Tharja x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If there's a new Mario character, then this guy is easily the one for the slot.

The problem is, are we getting another Mario character?

I think so. So I'll put him at a 70%.

Want: 95%
The Gamecube was the console I grew up on, and Bowser Jr. was in all of my favorite games.

Paper Mario: 42%
I don't think this'll be pretty. Poor Papes. ;_;

Nomz: Lucinax5

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Bowser Jr

Chance: Pretty decent chance without being probable. He or Toad would be the obvious new Mario rep if there was to be one. 35%

Want: Not at all. Always seems like his existence hurts the credibility of Bowsers evilness. Not to mention Bowser Jr would probably be higher tier than Bowser since he's smaller and faster and that would be stupid. 5%

Nominations:
Geno x 5

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Bowser Jr.: Prediction: 50% I doubt is appearance as he is sort of minor but still he has made a name for himself.

Want: 70% If he appears I'll be happy as he reminds me of the good ol' Sunshine days but if he doesn't then I would have expected him not too

Paper Mario: 38% While he does have a unique moveset, the fact that he is Mario kinda puts him in the semiclone boat even though he'd be drastically different. But I'll leave my fanboy rant for the correct time

EDIT: forgot to nominate again xP but here: x5 Starfy

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Bowser Jr. Likelihood: 10%
Want: 2%

Paper Mario Prediction: 39.56%
Nominations: Takamaru x5

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Bowser Jr.

Likeliness: 48%
I don't think a Mario newcomer is likely but I feel he has the best chance of them all. He has both the popularity and relevancy to become picked.

Want: 65%
I'd like to see him but I won't be dissapointed if he's not.

Paper Mario

Prediction: 52.6%

Nomz:

Nightmare x5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bowser Jr.: 65%

He's the most likely Mario Newcomer in my opinion. It all depends on whether Mario gets another character or not.

Want: 80% He's a pretty cool dude. I've always like him.

Paper Mario Prediction: 56%
He's also likely, but I don't feel that he'll be as high as Junior.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
Roy
Mii

Also, Junior's music is broken and the track you're trying to post is from Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Well, then I have to wonder how you're determining what's a "deserving" character. Mega Man, as I pointed out, started on Nintendo, has most of his series important games on Nintendo consoles, and was a classic figure associated with the NES in pop culture. The game is about Nintendo's all-stars, not just any video game all-stars, and given that, it makes sense that their association with and history with Nintendo has to be very relevant.
Ahhh, well I believe he is deserving because of the ties between Namco and nintendo. I want him because i grew up with him. I am one of those MANY pac-man fans in the pacman for ssb4 forum who wanted him before we knew that Namco was helping though. Pac-man does have a history with Nintendo when it comes to Pac-man in mario cart gx and pac-man's "comeback" in the 3d age, but its really Namco that has more of a history with Nintendo than pacman himself though since 40% of their profits came from their games on the NES, they had a big falling out, they kissed and made-up by pitting their mascots against each other in bowser jr. a racing game and now they are helping Nintendo with ssb4. This is the basis on why he should be in the game: the history between companies, the fact that the mascots of each company have met, and Pac-man is an icon that would entice casual gamers to play the new smash bros (instead of slow gameplay and tripping for newbies) I know it is abot Nintendo all-stars and not video game all-stars but since pacman had a history with Nintendo that has been overlooked, he should come back and show everyone that Namco and Nintendo are, while not famous rivals, but famous friend companies that both have legends as icons that can come together to make an awesome game.

Is just being a famous video game character enough to make you "deserving" in your view? Do they have to appear on a Nintendo console? What kind of appearance do they have to make? The game is about Nintendo's all-stars, not video game all-stars. Are Cloud Strife and Sephiroth deserving characters? They have both appeared on a Nintendo console before, they're certainly very famous and popular. You could say they're gaming icons. Is Mega Man more deserving than them or not? Why not? Is Pac-Man more deserving than them? If so, why?
You're probably referring to other people, but I didn't say he wasn't wanted. But he does seem to have more opposition than other characters even so (he's more polarizing than many other characters).
No, please don't say that. Pac-man shouldn't be in just due to popularity, and all of us real pac-man supporters believe that, It's the history between companies that makes him deserving. Namco and Nintendo are pals (why else would Nintendo come to them first to co-develop ssb4) Megaman and Nintendo may be mutual, but not necessarily Capcom and Nintendo.

But the general public also wants Batman and Master Chief to be in the game...
True. XD. not everyone knows what makes a deserving character

That's fine, but we all know that he's primarily famous for the arcade game. I'm not saying he has had no other games of note or no other games that were fun, but when people are talking about how massively famous and popular he is worldwide - it's almost entirely about the arcade games (Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man). If Pac-Man supporters are going to refer to a survey of the general public, they have to acknowledge that the general public doesn't really know any of his other games. We all know he didn't get up to 94% recognition with Americans (vs. 93% for Mario) on the basis of Pac-Man World.

And that's all I'm saying - his massive popularity is due to the arcade games. Not ALL of his popularity.
I know that, really that's quite obvious, but the casual gamers that play the game are going to love seeing 3d pac-man using moves from the arcade as a classic, AND some will love seeing him use one of his platforming abilities out of nostalgia (like me) All of popularity has to be accounted for here is what I'm saying. People would love to see him for iconicness and fun games, lovability as a character, ( before Namco crapped all over him with his newest design; hope that version isn't in the game.) and that three legends will be duking it out in a boxing ring.
While im at it...

Bowser jr.

Possibility: 50%: he's a nintendo classic and he has been in recent games with his father

Want 1% he's sucks and I don't get the hype. he's a twerp that fights cheaply and always uses that flying bowl. Don't care for him but if a cool movset is made he could be good... No, still annoying and unimportant

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Dang I missed out on a lot.

Bowser Jr: 47% Chance

Want: 50%. I feel very indifferent towards a lot of the Mario cast, if anything I'd love Geno most of all but sadly...

Paper Mario: 66%

Nominations:

Lucina x3
Lyndis x2

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bowser Jr. - 50%
Want - 60%

Don't really have much to say this time. Would be my preferred choice should we get a Mario newcomer.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr

Likelihood: 15%

I just don't see it happening.

Want: 10%

Would much rather want a more unique character. Another Bowser is just ugh.

Paper Mario

Prediction: 34%

Nominations

Scrooge McDuck x2
Phoenix Wright x2
Takamaru

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Bowser Jr.

Popularity: Well, he's does pretty well in the West, but not as much in Japan it seems. But he keeps on showing up, so I guess he can't be that unpopular.

Relevancy: As I said, he keeps on showing up. Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy games, New Super Mario Bros, etc. He's basically the main Koopaling at this point.

(Question: Where do Bowser's kids all come from?)

Design: Bowser, Jr. has decent potential for moves. I doubt there's much chance of him having a Shadow Mario transform... Shadow Mario isn't essential to the character, and that would basically make him take up two character slots. Besides, they can always give Bowser Jr paint moves without transforming. Give him things like the Koopa Clown Car (which is really a weird helicopter thing). There is some chance that they'd feel that they have to fill in the gaps with Bowser-like moves (shooting fire from his mouth, etc.) which would make him more clone-y though.

Roster: Well, he'd be another Mario character. He'd give Bowser a sidekick, but he's also similar to Bowser in a number of ways.

Competition: I wouldn't be surprised if there was no new Mario rep. But Mario's a mega series, and it's hard to argue it can't have more reps when Pokemon already sort of has more, and Mario had five reps in Melee. But Sakurai said he wants to even out some of the franchise representation. That seems more like adding new series and giving new characters to ones that are either underrepresented (relative to sales, like DK) or only have one rep right now (Metroid sorta, F-Zero).

Anyway, it's possible Mario gets a new rep, but I highly doubt he gets more than one. And the problem is that there is competition for that spot from Toad who is more popular in Japan and has a longer history. The main problem for Toad is that Peach is already using the SMB2 moves that would be the most natural choices for him . There's also sort of competition from the likes of Paper Mario, Waluigi and so forth. Bowser Jr seems more likely than the others, but I don't think he's the overwhelming favorite.

Bowser Jr Chances: 20%
When it comes down to it, I wouldn't be surprised if there was NO new Mario rep, and even if there was, he does have some competition.

Bowser Jr want: 57%
He seems ok. I want reps for other series more, though. But he'd add another villain, which is nice I suppose.

Paper Mario prediction: 35%
I'd be surprised if he averaged higher than Bowser Jr. But scores are always a little inflated, so...

Nominations:
Simon Belmont x5

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr.: 51%
I can actually see him as a playable character this time. I think that the Mario series will get another rep.

Want: 75%

Paper Mario: 49%

Sandbag x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bowser Jr.
Likelihood: 45%
He and Toad are the most likely of the Mario newcomers, but getting a Mario newcomer is 50/50.

Want: 40%
Not too fond of him, especially since Nintendo said that Koopalings are not Bowser's children any more. :glare: Like Toad and Paper Mario better.

Paper Mario prediction: 40%
He's unlikely... Pains me to say that. :urg:

Nominations:
Ike x 5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm now also wishing I'd added ~10% to both K. Rool and Dixie's ratings after thinking about how to rate potential new Mario reps. Eh, oh well.

Bowser Jr. - 45%
The Mario series is as ridiculously popular as ever, and since his arrival in Sunshine Bowser Jr. has really been making a name for himself. Not being a Mario fan, I was surprised to look him up and see that he's made appearances in six Marios since then (including Luigi U) and that he's apparently a regular in all the side games now. This benefits him quite a bit since he clearly has moveset potential and Mario could easily garner another rep if Sakurai has the space. His only real problem is competition: Paper Mario and Toad in particular both could give him a run for his money, and there's also the edge case that Mario misses a new character again. He does seem like the most likely new Mario rep, so congrats to him for that much.
Want - 25% - Don't really care about him, but he'd be an interesting enough inclusion.

Paper Mario Prediction - 30.5%
Seems Bowser Jr. is having more trouble than I expected, and I have to imagine Paper Mario will do even worse. Oh dear. Heck, even this number feels a bit overly optimistic now, but we'll see.

Nominations
5x Lucina

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Bowser Jr.
Likelihood: 50%, it's been him and Toad if Mario gets a newcomer I feel
Want: 60%, He'd be pretty dang cool with that paintbrush from Sunshine and he has alot of other options available to him.

Paper Mario: 44%

Nominations: Roy X3, Sonic X2

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Bowser Jr.

Likelihood: 65%, I find him pretty likely because he's been a pretty major Mario rep since the Gamecube era, and if Diddy can make it, Bowser Jr. sure as hell can too.

Want: 75%, he's one of my more wanted characters, as you can see in my sig. Not my most wanted but up there, because it would be awesome playing as a better bowser, (though Smash 4 looks like they're making that a likely possibility anyway even without Bowser Jr.), and he has a lot he can do with that Magic Paintbrush from Mario Sunshine.

Nominations: Geno x5

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr.
Likelihood: 46% He would be very good Luigified clone of Bowser with his unique movesets using his Magic Paintbrush and could play as Shadow Mario in his disguised form. His FS would be something with his Koopa Copter.
Want: 100% SO. MUCH. WANT. :urg:

Paper Mario: 40%

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Bowser Jr:

Likelihood: 45% - Mario doesn't really call too much for a new rep, the whole thing is already covered with the 4 characters we have. If anyone though, it'd be him.

Want: 80% - A character I think would be pretty cool and I do show minor support for, but I wouldn't weep if he was missing from the roster, mostly because I aren't expecting him.

Paper Mario Prediction: 20%

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Likelihood: 40%
While the Mario series isn't necessarily going to get a rep, I think it's actually possible to see it get up to 2. Even if it's just one, i think he has the biggest shot being in. He's showed up several times since brawl days and serves as Mario's second big villain. In his last role he was the co-final boss and has served many major roles in the New Super Mario Bros. series and even in the paper series. He's obviously been given a lot of spotlight in these past few years. He also has pretty solid popularity in the West. The reason he's so low is the competition he faces from the other 3 possible reps. Though, I think he has the most potential to make it in followed by Toad.

Want: 90% He's my most wanted Mario rep and I love his mischievous personality and mechanical nature. Wouldn't be sad if Toad got in over him though.

Paper Mario: 25%

3x Toad
2x Takamaru

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't think the mario series really needs another rep, though if there is another Bowser Jr seems the obvious choice, also the clown copter as a final smash would be hilarious enough to make me play him in IoFFA.

Likelihood: 45%
Want: 60%

Paper Mario: 31.56%

2x Slime
2x Olimar
1x Miku Hinasaki

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bowser Jr. time.

Likelihood: 33%

This is the highest I'd ever give a Mario newcomer. Only Bowser Jr. and Toad would be this high, for that matter. And that's just because I think there's a lot of factors going into whether or not we get a Mario newcomer to begin with.

Want: 60%

Predicting a 42% for Paper Mario

Nominating Ice Climbers x10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom